Author Topic: The Alternative Premier League Table 2018-19  (Read 240385 times)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Re: The Alternative Premier League Table 2018-19
« Reply #880 on: December 30, 2018, 01:58:22 pm »
How long for the funny graph? :wave

Here you go.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #881 on: December 30, 2018, 04:26:12 pm »
How long for the funny graph? :wave
After that lot have played... About two hours

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: December 30, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #883 on: December 30, 2018, 06:49:24 pm »
City on Thursday is a Par 1 for us, right?

Also, great to see that the Rev-Ole-tion still has them only playing to Par ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: December 30, 2018, 06:55:28 pm »
City on Thursday is a Par 1 for us, right?
Par 1 for us, par 3 for them.

Likely we'll be back to plus 7 after that.  They'll want to put the Christmas period behind them.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #885 on: December 31, 2018, 01:42:28 am »
Par 1 for us, par 3 for them.

Likely we'll be back to plus 7 after that.  They'll want to put the Christmas period behind them.
Agreed. I can't see any way City will want to not beat us and with their expensively assembled squad they will rip our dodgy defence apart, whilst our powder puff attack will stall on encountering the likes of Stones and Laporte. It's been a good Christmas though despite that.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #886 on: December 31, 2018, 10:01:22 am »
APLT Full Table : Matchweek 20
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #887 on: December 31, 2018, 10:01:55 am »
APLT Analysis & Extrapolations : Matchweek 20
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #888 on: December 31, 2018, 10:02:26 am »
APLT Revolving Par : Matchweek 20

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #889 on: December 31, 2018, 10:03:08 am »
LFC Current & Projected Form : Matchweek 20

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: December 31, 2018, 01:55:21 pm »
A thing of beauty!

Am I right in thinking Man City's remaining par 1 games are:
- Newcastle
- Everton
- Bournemouth
- Man Utd
- Palace
- Burnley

Even allowing for their stumble over Christmas it looks like only United being a test for them in those fixtures.  +10 over those games look highly likely.

They probably have tougher par 3 games in us, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal (if they get their defence settled in the next month!).

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: December 31, 2018, 02:57:25 pm »
A thing of beauty!

Am I right in thinking Man City's remaining par 1 games are:
- Newcastle
- Everton
- Bournemouth
- Man Utd
- Palace
- Burnley

Even allowing for their stumble over Christmas it looks like only United being a test for them in those fixtures.  +10 over those games look highly likely.

They probably have tougher par 3 games in us, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal (if they get their defence settled in the next month!).

I could make a case to set city could lose any of those.

Football is so unpredictable it’s not worth worrying about them. We do our job and it doesn’t matter if they win every match from here (they won’t)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: December 31, 2018, 03:35:50 pm »
I could make a case to set city could lose any of those.

Football is so unpredictable it’s not worth worrying about them. We do our job and it doesn’t matter if they win every match from here (they won’t)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried by them.  I just find it quirky that they're nine points worse off than this time last season and they were five points worse off even before they lost three in five.

I'm guessing it's because of how their par 1s have fallen across the season.  The majority of their remaining par 1s are against non top six sides.  Unpredictability granted but on the law of averages they'd win the majority of those and claw back some APLT points.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #893 on: December 31, 2018, 04:34:04 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried by them.  I just find it quirky that they're nine points worse off than this time last season and they were five points worse off even before they lost three in five.

I'm guessing it's because of how their par 1s have fallen across the season.  The majority of their remaining par 1s are against non top six sides.  Unpredictability granted but on the law of averages they'd win the majority of those and claw back some APLT points.

Would they? So far this season they are playing to almost perfect APLT form. That suggests that there is a good chance they will continue to follow the model, which would mean that they should expect to draw the Par ones more often than win them.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: December 31, 2018, 09:39:32 pm »
I'm with Thaddeus on this one- City will likely get +10 APLT points from those six Par 1s.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: December 31, 2018, 10:29:53 pm »
I'm with Thaddeus on this one- City will likely get +10 APLT points from those six Par 1s.

How many do you think they will they lose, 3 at a time, against the likes of Crystal Palace?

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: January 1, 2019, 01:14:55 am »
How many do you think they will they lose, 3 at a time, against the likes of Crystal Palace?

None.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #897 on: January 1, 2019, 05:20:23 am »
COME ON!!!!!

We have a chance to win the league here. I'm beyond caring as it goes. LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL xxxx
« Last Edit: January 1, 2019, 05:22:43 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #898 on: January 1, 2019, 08:41:03 am »
COME ON!!!!!

We have a chance to win the league here. I'm beyond caring as it goes. LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL xxxx
Forgive him for he knows not what he does. Obviously fuelled by new year festive spirit he has forgotten the first, second and third laws applicable here.
City are too strong and will claw back too many points from their easy run in. There is nothing we can do about it. A shame really.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #899 on: January 1, 2019, 08:57:12 am »
Forgive him for he knows not what he does. Obviously fuelled by new year festive spirit he has forgotten the first, second and third laws applicable here.
City are too strong and will claw back too many points from their easy run in. There is nothing we can do about it. A shame really.
Good calm head there

Keep on truckin'

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: January 1, 2019, 10:12:05 am »
Ah... the calm sense of reason

:wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: January 2, 2019, 09:33:33 am »
Prof et al - this thread, along with JP’s thread, is phenomenal.

Can I ask a beginner’s daft question? Is a par 1 “expect a draw” and a par 3 “expect a win”? I’ve assumed that throughout...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #902 on: January 2, 2019, 09:52:27 am »
Yep..

You are expected to win all your home games and all away games against the bottom half (from the previous season).

You are only expected to draw away games against the top half from last season.

So for us, the city game is a par 1. We gain two points if we win and lose one if we lose.  For city it’s a par three.  They gain no points if they win and drop two if they draw and three if they lose.

This has taken me years to work out ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #903 on: January 2, 2019, 10:05:13 am »
Yep..

You are expected to win all your home games and all away games against the bottom half (from the previous season).

So for us, the city game is a par 1. We gain two points if we win and lose one if we lose.  For city it’s a par three.  They gain no points if they win and drop two if they draw and three if they lose.

And now it has taken me only reading your post to finally work out what the hell has been going on ! although i had always assumed that if your line was above 90 that was good !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #904 on: January 2, 2019, 10:29:52 am »
And now it has taken me only reading your post to finally work out what the hell has been going on ! although i had always assumed that if your line was above 90 that was good !
Well it is!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: January 2, 2019, 11:04:00 am »
Yep..

I've only ever vaguely understood it myself ;D but thanks to this I do understand that a win for us means a five point swing in our favour.  :o :wellin

Even more nervous now!!!  :-X
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: January 2, 2019, 11:34:44 am »

The assumption is that 90 points will win the title. To get there, you win all your home games (19 x par 3 = 57 points), win your 7 easiest away games against the 3 promoted teams and the teams that finished 14th-17th (7 x par 3 = 21 points) and draw the other 12 aways (12 x par 1 = 12 points), totalling (57 + 21 + 12 = 90 points).

Currently, we've dropped 2 points from a par 3 against Man City at home, but we've been par or above on the others. Against the top 6, draws against Chelsea and Arsenal away were par, while the win against Tottenham was 2 above par.

I still don't quite get the tables posted by RooiBefok though.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #907 on: January 2, 2019, 12:47:36 pm »
Yep..

Haha, it took me some weeks too. First time I visited the relevant thread was this season after watching it season by season getting bumped and not click on it  ::)

My first reaction was "hang on, how on earth you ask any title aspiring team not to lose a single game? " ;D Then you read a bit more and understand how for example wins on par1 games balance that out.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: January 2, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
Tomorrow starts our slow decent back to the pack and City's rise to another title.  It's been a fun run lads but time to get back to reality. 

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #909 on: January 2, 2019, 02:12:03 pm »
I still don't quite get the tables posted by RooiBefok though.

APLT Full Table and APLT Analysis Logic

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #910 on: January 2, 2019, 02:12:45 pm »
APLT Extrapolations Logic

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #911 on: January 2, 2019, 02:13:19 pm »
APLT Revolving Par Logic

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #912 on: January 2, 2019, 02:14:01 pm »
LFC Current & Projected Form Logic

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #913 on: January 2, 2019, 06:08:36 pm »
Tomorrow starts our slow decent back to the pack and City's rise to another title.  It's been a fun run lads but time to get back to reality.

It was highly enjoyable. Next year will be our year though.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #914 on: January 2, 2019, 08:16:25 pm »
Still can't look past city for the title this year we will most likely bottle it and hand it straight to them. We're just lucky that we're past 40 points so should be safe from relegation
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: January 3, 2019, 01:36:42 am »

Can I ask a beginner’s daft question? Is a par 1 “expect a draw” and a par 3 “expect a win”? I’ve assumed that throughout...
Thanks Roy

Great to see you back around here too.  :wave

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: January 3, 2019, 01:52:44 am »

Wht is JP's thread?
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #917 on: January 3, 2019, 08:45:16 am »

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: January 3, 2019, 10:00:57 pm »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: January 3, 2019, 10:33:17 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I spent a while doing a “difficulty analysis” on twitter but this echoed the output of that.

I think we’ll win the league. If we don’t it will be because another side levels up to an unprecedented level I think.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422