Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879679 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #3600 on: June 2, 2023, 06:07:46 pm »
I've always wondered why more stadiums don't do this, the roof has a huge amount of surface area.

Especially with the huge consumption the pitch growing lights use
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3601 on: June 2, 2023, 06:47:30 pm »
Someone with a Drone was flying a few metres above the Workers heads today. :butt

KC Imageworks got interrupted by the Site Manager and couple of Workers on Stanley Park during his feed today.

Happens around 8:15.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMHY8vuwomc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NMHY8vuwomc</a>

« Last Edit: June 2, 2023, 06:51:54 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3602 on: June 2, 2023, 07:19:18 pm »
Someone with a Drone was flying a few metres above the Workers heads today. :butt

KC Imageworks got interrupted by the Site Manager and couple of Workers on Stanley Park during his feed today.

Happens around 8:15.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMHY8vuwomc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NMHY8vuwomc</a>

Fucking idiot who is doing that, especially at the height he's saying at the end of the video. You'll always get some dickhead spoiling it for everyone else.

Someone like KC Imageworks has expensive kit and like he says, have no need to go in close, my brother has a DJI, cost him a shit load of cash and they are easily damaged. They also don't want to be stopped from flying
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3603 on: June 2, 2023, 07:29:38 pm »
Always the same these days since youtube. Enthusiasts share their cool hobbies, then before you know it you have loads of follow-ons that don't know what they're doing flocking to geg-in on the act and fuck it all up. See wild campers, van-lifers, mudlarkers and metal detectorists for similar. Jesus, even my local forest has been decimated of wild garlic because some youtuber started foraging for it and everyone thought they'd make some soup. People are just useless.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: June 2, 2023, 07:48:11 pm »
Probably the same dickheads that were flying their shit drones over Gatwick.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: June 3, 2023, 07:43:20 am »
KC said it right "Just take that shit out and they are done"

If your getting close enough for someone to take your drone down your an absolute knobhead and deserve losing it

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #3606 on: June 3, 2023, 08:36:15 am »
Difficult to see from the footage but I don’t see a temporary prop support system between the bit to be lifted from the pitch and the final piece to be lifted from the car park. If there is no support from below then that would lead me to think that the crane in the car park will support the final piece as they take away the larger piece pitch side. Could be lifted out simultaneously which would be cool.
Maybe a little to risky given someone would have to burn the roof into two sections whilst the structure is essentially floating?
They look kinda ready though, so could be today.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: June 3, 2023, 09:01:15 am »
We appreciate drone footages but i always thought it must be fucking annoying for the workers seeing all the drones flying above and around them.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #3608 on: June 3, 2023, 09:43:37 am »
We appreciate drone footages but i always thought it must be fucking annoying for the workers seeing all the drones flying above and around them.
The footage looks closer than it actually is.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: June 3, 2023, 11:05:35 am »
The footage looks closer than it actually is.

I know, but still...
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3610 on: June 3, 2023, 01:51:03 pm »
Even though the drones are quite high I’m not sure I’d want someone zooming in on me working every day. The footage is great but think some of it does actually go in a bit too close (zoom wise and now it seems quite literally).

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3611 on: June 3, 2023, 06:22:52 pm »
The roof is off. 🥳🎉
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3612 on: June 3, 2023, 06:27:31 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: June 3, 2023, 06:37:52 pm »
Time to post the first pic of the new stand in all its' glory.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3615 on: June 3, 2023, 06:39:43 pm »
Time to post the first pic of the new stand in all its' glory.
Still got to remove the old upper tier
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3616 on: June 3, 2023, 06:42:48 pm »
That'll fly down now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3617 on: June 3, 2023, 07:40:04 pm »

Does anyone know how they remove that without damaging the seats below?

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #3619 on: June 3, 2023, 08:25:01 pm »
Does anyone know how they remove that without damaging the seats below?

I’d imagine they’ll put some sort of protection in under the tier, they won’t take long to get it down, a couple of lads I know who work in Demo have dropped entire motorway and railway bridges in single weekends without damaging the road or railway
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3620 on: June 3, 2023, 08:30:04 pm »
Still makes me laugh thinking about that brummy guy with the haircut breathlessly running around filming holes in the ground. We’ve come a long way.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #3621 on: June 3, 2023, 08:50:55 pm »
Still makes me laugh thinking about that brummy guy with the haircut breathlessly running around filming holes in the ground. We’ve come a long way.
I think you’ll find Charlie Adam was Scottish

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3622 on: June 3, 2023, 09:22:40 pm »
Been fun seeing Mr Drone, Frosty and KC interacting recently. The Mane/Salah/Bobby of Anny Road drone content  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: June 4, 2023, 09:16:24 am »
https://youtu.be/_mm3Qs1kpyQ

The final two roof sections were removed yesterday, wonder how they will demolish the old top tier

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: June 4, 2023, 10:16:52 am »
Wow, getting that  third segment out was one hell of a tight squeeze
W

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3625 on: June 4, 2023, 10:28:37 am »
Every part of this build has been thought out meticulously for such a tight space. Like a massive jigsaw puzzle.
See so many comments throughout of 'why have they left that bit', but it's all had a reason.
Probably the reason it's been fun to watch.
I was enjoying the BMD one at the beginning with filling in the dock but my interest has wained the last few months.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: June 4, 2023, 12:05:19 pm »
And notice how the existing upper tier seats are at a stepper angle than the new seats

Going back to Alan’s plans, it’s going to be good to have the much bigger concourses in the Annie road….

Will the new seats in the upper have rails like the back of the Kop?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #3627 on: June 4, 2023, 01:23:16 pm »
Amazing work with how they got the roof of in 3 bits, the planning that goes into this must be so meticulous.  I think there’s another bit of the new roof in the car park, which they will hoist up next, after which, they can start taking down the cranes.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #3628 on: June 4, 2023, 01:50:18 pm »
A long day for all involved, including those filming.  Kudos.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3629 on: June 4, 2023, 02:06:01 pm »
Amazing work with how they got the roof of in 3 bits, the planning that goes into this must be so meticulous.  I think there’s another bit of the new roof in the car park, which they will hoist up next, after which, they can start taking down the cranes.

It will be the corner section between the new extension and the SKD. They still need to take down the old upper tier. It should be interesting to see how they do that. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: June 4, 2023, 02:11:31 pm »
Been fun seeing Mr Drone, Frosty and KC interacting recently. The Mane/Salah/Bobby of Anny Road drone content  ;D

Thought KC came off very well when the workers came over to speak with him.

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3631 on: June 4, 2023, 04:36:55 pm »
It will be the corner section between the new extension and the SKD. They still need to take down the old upper tier. It should be interesting to see how they do that. 

Some of the videos where they have had just phone footage near the main end looked like they've been dismantling some using man power but cant see that carrying on for long. Seen another drone showing they are now removing the seats at least. Always thought there would be some machinery that would just rip it up but with how delicate they have been with the roof cant imagine that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: June 4, 2023, 04:55:15 pm »

Online btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3633 on: June 4, 2023, 05:21:00 pm »
How different anfield would look and feel start of new season. can't wait  :lickin

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: June 4, 2023, 08:18:19 pm »
I know it’s not a cheap fix but either end of the KD stand are awful, even more so now you can see thru the size of the gap, I know it would mean a new roof, but if they did extend the KD stand upper tier and how many seats would that add, let’s be honest it has always looked a mess.

Online Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #3635 on: June 4, 2023, 08:27:40 pm »
How different anfield would look and feel start of new season. can't wait  :lickin
I can remember when the new Main stand opened first game (Leicester ?) - the noise was incredible for that game !

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: June 4, 2023, 08:38:56 pm »
I know it’s not a cheap fix but either end of the KD stand are awful, even more so now you can see thru the size of the gap, I know it would mean a new roof, but if they did extend the KD stand upper tier and how many seats would that add, let’s be honest it has always looked a mess.

That's not going to be there once work is done.  ???

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3637 on: June 4, 2023, 09:06:21 pm »

They probably don't notice them, drones are pretty quiet and when flown at a height, hard to see (ask the Russians who survived in Ukraine about being bombed by DJI drones)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3638 on: June 4, 2023, 09:36:38 pm »
That's not going to be there once work is done.  ???

I know it won’t be there but it still seems a bad design the fact
You lose a fair bit of seating both ends of the top tier of the KD stand

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3639 on: June 4, 2023, 09:53:10 pm »
So you want to fill in the corners? :D