Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 152138 times)

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2019, 05:05:08 pm »
Loss of concentration. It happens. I reckon he was knackered from being awake all night last night wishing he had a real man...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2019, 05:06:14 pm »
He won us the cup but bollocks did he win 3 points for us. Alisson might have claimed the corner that Yoshida nearly scored from and he let them back into that after a 2-0 win for us looked certain. As stated above, there's a reason he's number two and the Alisson can't come back soon enough.

He made crucial saves in other parts of the game, including coming out brilliantly and stopping a certain goal. He earned the win just like everyone else did.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2019, 05:06:26 pm »
Once is fine. Alisson did similar against Leicester early in his Liverpool career and didn't happen again.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2019, 05:07:47 pm »
He really needs to calm down, he seems to always be in a hurry to release the ball once he receives it.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: August 17, 2019, 05:08:12 pm »
Not going to focus on that moment of madness but just to say it is one of those moments. A wake up call if you like, that can pull you back from being cocky to confident and decisive.

Overall, he had a good game and now his feet are well and truly on the ground, it bodes well for the upcoming matches. I want Jurgen to have a decision to make when Alisson is fit again rather than it being a formality.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 17, 2019, 05:11:09 pm »
I thought his distribution today and against Chelsea has looked a little off to be honest but so did Alisson's when he first came. It might just be a case of getting used to the instructions he's been given.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: August 17, 2019, 05:13:21 pm »
He did the same thing in the first half

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #367 on: August 17, 2019, 05:16:39 pm »
Come on, he saved us numerous times today and he won us the Super Cup. It was an awful mistake but keepers who play risky like him are bound to make one eventually. I hope he will learn from this and keep up with his solid form until Alisson comes back.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #368 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:06 pm »
He won us the cup but bollocks did he win 3 points for us. Alisson might have claimed the corner that Yoshida nearly scored from and he let them back into that after a 2-0 win for us looked certain. As stated above, there's a reason he's number two and the Alisson can't come back soon enough.

He made several sharp saves. Overall he’s been excellent given his bar was Mignolet
Not sure you need to point out we need Alisson back

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 17, 2019, 05:20:47 pm »
I really dont get the severe ammount of heroicness over Adrian, he was flirting with disaster all game, the first error when he kicked it at the Sthampton player should have be been enough for him to realise that he needs to stop thinking he has more time than he does.

Theres a reason he was a free agent, i get he made a reflex save and that's great, just i don't think he is a keeper that will control the goal, he just seems like another Migs to me.

Was a pretty average performance with all the distibution errors chucked in, understandably he gained us a cup, though that was close to been ruled out with the ammount of warnings he was given.

It is a story of how dreams are made though i guess, i also guess he was never expected to start for us
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:22:33 pm by PAC-MAN »
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #370 on: August 17, 2019, 05:37:15 pm »
If you're going to screw up it's best if it doesn't count. Today weve won. Like Alisson with Leicester early last season.

We do need Alisso  as soon as posdible
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 17, 2019, 06:04:43 pm »
Klopp said in his presser that the players shouldn't have played the ball to Adrian too much given his ankle problem. The goal he conceded wasn't because of that issue but there were other moments in the game where he felt that the ankle was a problem. He's usually good with his feet [paraphrasing]

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 17, 2019, 06:15:42 pm »
Blast from the 00s:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pnUEiEW8lmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pnUEiEW8lmc</a>

:lmao Yes! (I bought the single too!)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2019, 06:25:47 pm »
It was a mistake and it didn’t cost us. I’m sure he’ll look back at the game and learn from it.

I still prefer him to Mignolet who was a calamity waiting to happen every time he played.

He also saved what would have been a farcical own goal.
YWNA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #374 on: August 17, 2019, 06:26:54 pm »
Klopp on whether he spoke to Adrian about his error…

Yes: ‘You finally arrived, welcome!’ Ali did the same. Obviously it’s a goalie thing at Liverpool, no problem with that as long as we win the games. All good.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2019, 06:33:32 pm »
It was a mistake and it didn’t cost us. I’m sure he’ll look back at the game and learn from it.

I still prefer him to Mignolet who was a calamity waiting to happen every time he played.

He also saved what would have been a farcical own goal.

Not to mention the save in the first half at nil-nil, from two yards out!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2019, 06:33:54 pm »
Get your shit together lad. You are not an amateur. Just twat it sideways when you don't know what to do with it. Everything is better than passing it perfectly into the legs of the opponent.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2019, 06:35:10 pm »
Get your shit together lad. You are not an amateur.

Bit harsh, he did make great saves...

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2019, 06:39:44 pm »
I think hes great.

He won us a cup ffs.

I'm ignoring the mistake today as he deserves it as hes been ace for us... and I feel like it  - cos I like him.

Anyone with a different opinion can kindly do one and feck right off as Im right as always - the lad needs and deserves support.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2019, 06:41:38 pm »
To be fair, Allisson looked like an accident waiting to happen when he first joined .

I think some of it has to do with the way we play: a lot of passes back to the goalie, who then has to negotiate the press from the opposition forward.

He's been thrown into a difficult situation, and I'm not going to jump on his back.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2019, 06:42:39 pm »
Something you expect from a youngster not a seasoned 32 year old bu5 at least it didn’t cost us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2019, 06:43:23 pm »
Something you expect from a youngster not a seasoned 32 year old bu5 at least it didn’t cost us.

Happens a few times every season (not to us always).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 17, 2019, 06:43:36 pm »
Get your shit together lad.

Follow your own advice
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: August 17, 2019, 06:43:56 pm »
Bad mistake plus another one he was lucky with but apart from that I think he's done alright the last 2 games.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 17, 2019, 06:45:26 pm »
I think hes great.

He won us a cup ffs.

I'm ignoring the mistake today as he deserves it as hes been ace for us... and I feel like it  - cos I like him.

Anyone with a different opinion can kindly do one and feck right off as Im right as always - the lad needs and deserves support.

He wasnt the only player to fuck up today, hes the only one our "supporters" are moaning about though
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: August 17, 2019, 06:45:32 pm »
Bad mistake plus another one he was lucky with but apart from that I think he's done alright the last 2 games.

If he doesn't cost us any points then he will have done all we expect from him,seems to be better when he has no times to think.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: August 17, 2019, 06:47:52 pm »

You just don't understand how football works do you? Think about it... Danny is one of us and needed a goal in a way that wouldn't effect the result.

"Once a Red always a Red". Rehearsed. Obviously.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 17, 2019, 07:22:31 pm »
I think hes great.

He's definitely not great but as a back-up keeper, he'll do for now. Hope these type of mistakes are not a part of his arsenal, need a calm and composed figure between the sticks.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 17, 2019, 07:39:00 pm »
If he doesn't cost us any points then he will have done all we expect from him,seems to be better when he has no times to think.
Needs to just get rid when someone is charging down on him then methinks. Obviously they are coached not to do that but think Alisson mixes it up right since the Leicester mistake.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #389 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:33 pm »
Once is fine. Alisson did similar against Leicester early in his Liverpool career and didn't happen again.

Exactly. He did well throughout the game and his mistake didn't cost us, and he'll learn from it. Both fullbacks were available to pass to and he'll be kicking himself for a mistake like that. Think he's given a good account of himself in all 3 matches so far and we'll be fine.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #390 on: August 17, 2019, 07:46:17 pm »
I told my mum to "shut up" after she kept on going on, and on, about that goal.

FFS, he'd only just saved Matip scoring an OG...

Was good otherwise in the match, I'm not going to complain.

We've made up now, and we're going to watch MOTD later, because she's still stupid enough to pay for a TV licence.  :D

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: August 17, 2019, 07:55:16 pm »
He just needs to clear his head and move on. I think he’s doing well for our backup.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #392 on: August 17, 2019, 07:59:51 pm »
He’s fine. Think one of the reasons we signed him is he’s better with his feet than Mignolet was so people expecting him to just start launching it might be disappointed
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 17, 2019, 08:42:41 pm »
He's definitely not great but as a back-up keeper, he'll do for now. Hope these type of mistakes are not a part of his arsenal, need a calm and composed figure between the sticks.

My bad.

He is relatively great.

All things considered.

I'm fucking made up with that.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: August 17, 2019, 08:47:03 pm »
My bad.

He is relatively great.

All things considered.

I'm fucking made up with that.
Imagine what these young internet people would have thought of Brucie???  :)

Would have been calling for his head after a couple of games, I seem to remember he went on to win a couple of things....
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2019, 09:17:25 pm »
He did the same thing in the first half
Yep. That worried me a little bit, as well as the insane lack of awareness he had that Ings was right in front of him - he had plenty of time and should have seen where Ings was as the pass was coming in. Not only that but he didn't seem to realise that the full back was open, either, I mean why pass to the centre back in that situation anyway? It was an absolutely dreadful mistake but thankfully it didn't cost us and hopefully he can learn from it.

It's frustrating because he had a decent game overall, though he's not the kind of 'keeper I was hoping for and thought he was, unfortunately - he's pretty rooted to his line for the most part. Not as bad as Mig's, I think, and does things quicker which I think is important.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2019, 09:27:56 pm »
Pah ha ha. That was a stonker and no mistake :lmao

Made some good saves, though, otherwise.

And do Liverpool fans really need to be reminded that Alisson was fouled against Leicester, and therefore it wasn't a 'howler'?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #397 on: August 17, 2019, 10:37:34 pm »
You get the best goalie in the world for a year...

Then he gets injured and a mere mortal has to go in goal ... and half of you lose your heads..

:lmao

One year and you forgot what it was like

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2019, 10:48:28 pm »
You get the best goalie in the world for a year...

Then he gets injured and a mere mortal has to go in goal ... and half of you lose your heads..

And they quickly forget that Alisson had his fair share of shaky moments, failed Cruyff turns, and a gifted goal - all before mid-September.

He wasn't a world-beater from day one by any stretch of the imagination, yet some on here expect Adrian to be. It's madness.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »
No one has lost their head and no one expects Adrian to be a world beater  ;D

There’s also no need to re write Alisson history, he was brilliant from the off. The Leicester error was early in the season but it was already obvious how good he was going to be after seeing how he dealt with everything v Palace and Brighton before that.