Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 152141 times)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2019, 12:39:48 am »
What a Lad!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2019, 12:40:47 am »
From nowhere to being in goal for the reigning European Champions. Cheated out of a 2-1 win by a dive and horrendous ref/VAR error, then wins it by saving the final penalty.  ;D

He dines out on this story forever now.   :hally
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2019, 02:29:04 am »
 :wellin

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2019, 02:52:54 am »
Really happy for him. What a boost of confidence! He's living the dream right now! :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2019, 04:41:45 am »

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2019, 07:59:50 am »
This is a great story.

Well done Adrian!

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2019, 08:28:07 am »
Played 2 games, win 1 trophy. Best ratio in the world. Alisson, you have a competition
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2019, 08:43:54 am »
Made up for the lad.  Love his enthusiasm and seems to have fit it really quickly with the other lads in the squad, which is great from a football perspective.  The Chelsea penalty was ridiculous and the fact that BT Sport had a camera in a better position to judge it than VAR is laughable.  Anyhow, a real fairy tale start for Adrian.  Hope he does well until Alisson gets back. 

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2019, 09:17:57 am »
So is Adrian allowed to touch the Anfield plaque now?
I'd assume yes. So that was quickly sorted out, then!  :scarf
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:21 am »
Made up for the lad.  Love his enthusiasm and seems to have fit it really quickly with the other lads in the squad, which is great from a football perspective.  The Chelsea penalty was ridiculous and the fact that BT Sport had a camera in a better position to judge it than VAR is laughable.  Anyhow, a real fairy tale start for Adrian.  Hope he does well until Alisson gets back.
I got the feeling they were reluctant to shine a light on a ref fuck up carried out by the first female ref in a mens game.

Online Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2019, 09:25:23 am »
The plot thickens!
Apparently Adrian's towel celebrates a religious brotherhood in Sevill. This is going Da Vinci Code.

Adrian.
If you mix up the letters, add just a few more, you get - 42.
How could we've all been so blind!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2019, 09:29:41 am »
I got the feeling they were reluctant to shine a light on a ref fuck up carried out by the first female ref in a mens game.

Which is a really bloody shame if true and undermines the whole point of it in the first place.

A person reffed the game last night, and people potentially made a mistake with the penalty incident.

And it should be highlighted if mistakes were made.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2019, 09:38:03 am »
Needs to change his middle name to Like Rocky.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2019, 09:40:30 am »
Really chuffed for him, especially after the penalty incident in the game.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2019, 09:43:34 am »
The plot thickens!
Apparently Adrian's towel celebrates a religious brotherhood in Sevill. This is going Da Vinci Code.

Adrian.
If you mix up the letters, add just a few more, you get - 42.
How could we've all been so blind!

On a real note, was it not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_of_Montserrat

Also, mega lols at the meltdown from our rivals because he was about an inch or two off his line, so was Kepa for some of his but nothing mentioned on that...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:46:32 am by PhilV »

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2019, 09:48:49 am »
Nice one fella.

First start and he gets to touch the “This is Anfield” sign already!
Not point pissin about

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2019, 10:02:29 am »
Great performance and so glad he saved the pen after the earlier one was harshly given.

Not much he could do about the goals really, and I think he was harshly judged by some on here for the Norwich goal. I think he'll be fine, and each game will only help his understanding of our back four and our system. Seems a good guy with lots of spirit too.

Another trophy for the champions wall. Onwards.

I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2019, 10:57:00 am »
Hahaha! Love how they gave him the Cup to take to bed!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2019, 12:39:54 pm »
Yo, Adrian we you did it.  8)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2019, 12:48:36 pm »
I've a mate supports West Ham, really likes Adrian, pleased he won a trophy.

He told me Adrian seems to like penalties. He said, a few years ago in the FA Cup Adrian scored a sudden death penalty winner.  He took off his gloves before his penalty to gesture to the West Ham fans., "I'm not going back into that goal after this kick". It was against Everton.

Well doubly done, Adrian.  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2019, 01:57:17 pm »

He told me Adrian seems to like penalties. He said, a few years ago in the FA Cup Adrian scored a sudden death penalty winner.  He took off his gloves before his penalty to gesture to the West Ham fans., "I'm not going back into that goal after this kick". It was against Everton.

Ha ha, imagine the fewm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QLy4B-KjowU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QLy4B-KjowU</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »

That seems to be the consensus with West Ham fans and Adrian, they love the guy! Even though they obviously aren't going to like Liverpool, many are genuinly pleased that he got to be the hero last night and has won a trophy.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2019, 02:44:54 pm »
Courtesy of Stephen Murphy  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2019, 02:55:04 pm »

From the refs angle it looked like a legitimate penalty. As it did from the VAR review - there was no clear indication that Adrian did not take him down. Which meant they could not overturn it.

I have not seen the other TV pictures but apparently Adrian himself said he did touch Abraham - who was looking for it. Soft penalty. If there exists better angles that were not shown on VAR than it is indeed a joke.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2019, 02:55:38 pm »
Adrian has been at Liverpool for less than a week & has won more European trophies than Man City have ever, in their entire history.

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2019, 02:58:27 pm »
Adrian has been at Liverpool for less than a week & has won more European trophies than Man City have ever, in their entire history.

They have won one, although it was the Cup Winners Cup in 69-70 so quite a long time ago now.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2019, 04:09:59 pm »
Was a bit rocky for a while there but in the end we're all shouting "Adrian!"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2019, 04:12:17 pm »
Seems to be, it was Lonergan's first as well.
Liverpool confer benison on all
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2019, 04:21:12 pm »

Many West Ham fans speak highly of Adrián and quite a few wish he was still at the club. They still say he was better than what he was given credit for but the main thing they speak about is him as a person and how he connected with fans and players off the pitch. They still love him.

It’s great to have a character like that in the squad. You can already see the comradrery he’s built with the players.
YWNA

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2019, 04:29:32 pm »
1st start resulted in 1st trophy. Not too bad I guess...
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2019, 04:37:26 pm »
Imagine coming on to a heroes welcome on Friday, then winning a big cup the next week. He must be thinking, "s'alright here, I could get used to this".
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2019, 05:26:41 pm »
Does Alisson get a Super Cup medal? Genuine question

If not it might make him hungry for more later on in the season

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2019, 05:30:34 pm »
If you went up to him a few weeks ago and told him this time nent month you're going to be a European Super Cup winner, he'd drop you like Rocky Balboa dropped Drago.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2019, 07:13:46 pm »
Does Alisson get a Super Cup medal? Genuine question

If not it might make him hungry for more later on in the season

I'd hope all the injured players get a medal, would be unfair to Alisson given that he's a big part of why we're playing that match.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2019, 07:32:46 pm »
Spanish press all over Adrian:

YWNA

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2019, 07:39:00 pm »
I'd hope all the injured players get a medal, would be unfair to Alisson given that he's a big part of why we're playing that match.
He should definitely get one of the 40 medals.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2019, 08:26:04 pm »
It sure seems like the media of other countries and the supporters of teams not named Everton/Man city/Chelsea/man united/spurs think this was a good trophy to win

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2019, 09:13:13 pm »
It sure seems like the media of other countries and the supporters of teams not named Everton/Man city/Chelsea/man united/spurs think this was a good trophy to win

Everyone of those clubs celebrated a charity shield win, one even tries to claim a quadruple with it in the 4, bitter jealous twats .
Jurgen YNWA

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2019, 09:27:18 pm »
Blast from the 00s:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pnUEiEW8lmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pnUEiEW8lmc</a>
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2019, 12:43:27 pm »
Injuried by a fan on the pitch? This is up there with the beach ball. Absolutely ridiculous.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI