Author Topic: Liverpool Reserves 5 v 2 Everton  (Read 37134 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Liverpool Reserves 5 v 2 Everton
« Reply #600 on: December 6, 2019, 12:21:58 pm »
All with a celebration of a light jog towards the corner flag

Or the back of the net. :D

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #601 on: December 6, 2019, 12:22:24 pm »
All with a celebration of a light jog towards the corner flag

Fan - 'Wow! The way you brought down that cross-field pass coming over your shoulder to lob the keeper was amazing!!'

Origi - *shrug*

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: December 6, 2019, 01:04:52 pm »
There is no need to get angry over these things. Also depending on who is writing, you may find that Liverpool Echo is always on our side.

The long balls were deliberate but hell, you would need bloody good skills to bring the ball down and then lob it into the net. Origi’s goal was only better by Suarez against Newcastle.

The long ball jibe is pretty laughable too. We're hardly Wimbledon re-incarnated.

The long range passing is an important part of our armoury and every ball is very deliberate, whether it's into a channel for Mo or Mane's runs, or straight onto a sixpence like the other night. Trent's pass was Gerrard and Scholes rolled into one, not some hit and hope punt.

It's as breath taking in it's own right as the front three led by Bobby tying defences in knots. And a reason why we continue to find ways no matter what defensive set up is put in front of us.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #603 on: December 6, 2019, 01:10:58 pm »
The tourist in the background with the half and half scarf. :-X
I know we are supposed to be somehow more civilised these days but somehow  I miss the ritual burning of blue scarves on derby day.

It wasn't a big game unless opposition scarves were burning on the Spion Kop.  ;D

I saw plenty of Leeds, Newcastle, Manc and Blueshite scarves meet their demise that way.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #604 on: December 6, 2019, 01:16:23 pm »
The long ball jibe is pretty laughable too. We're hardly Wimbledon re-incarnated.

The long range passing is an important part of our armoury and every ball is very deliberate, whether it's into a channel for Mo or Mane's runs, or straight onto a sixpence like the other night. Trent's pass was Gerrard and Scholes rolled into one, not some hit and hope punt.

It's as breath taking in it's own right as the front three led by Bobby tying defences in knots. And a reason why we continue to find ways no matter what defensive set up is put in front of us.

It's a farce, isn't it.

Constantly ballooning the ball over the top all the time and hoping a runner can get on the end of it is one thing, but laser-guided, precision crossfield passing is quite another. Those assists were absolutely stunning, and very difficult to get right. It's a fantastic weapon to have in what is already a varied armoury.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #605 on: December 6, 2019, 01:37:30 pm »
Apologies if it has been posted, I haven't read the thread.

Genuine question as I would like to know the rule here. Pass was intended for Iwobi, Robbo intercepted it and the next second Iwobi gets the ball from Davies (Iwobi was onside then) for the cross that led to Keane's goal.

Shouldn't the linesman have raised the flag despite the ball not getting to Iwobi in the first place? Could have VAR intervened here?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #606 on: December 6, 2019, 04:36:44 pm »

Genuine question as I would like to know the rule here. Pass was intended for Iwobi, Robbo intercepted it and the next second Iwobi gets the ball from Davies (Iwobi was onside then) for the cross that led to Keane's goal.

Shouldn't the linesman have raised the flag despite the ball not getting to Iwobi in the first place? Could have VAR intervened here?

I asked this when I saw it on MOTD, it's offside, but no doubt the rules have some stupid thing stating that he didn't touch it so it's not given.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #607 on: December 6, 2019, 04:37:41 pm »
I asked this when I saw it on MOTD, it's offside, but no doubt the rules have some stupid thing stating that he didn't touch it so it's not given.

Sssshhhhh, only Liverpool benefit from VAR yanno.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #608 on: December 6, 2019, 04:43:30 pm »

Think it’s like that penalty Kane dived to win a couple or seasons back. If you remember he was offside so if Lovren hadn’t have got a touch I think he’d have been flagged offside. Lovren couldn’t be sure so tried to play it and by getting a touch played him inside which seems like bollocks to me because it’s putting extra risk on the defenders but that seems to be the rule. Unless it’s changed again!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #609 on: December 6, 2019, 04:46:23 pm »
Right. Thanks for the replies. I swear though I have seen linesmen waiving the flag for offside right away regardless if the target has got the ball or not. Oh well.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #610 on: December 6, 2019, 04:49:06 pm »
Think it’s like that penalty Kane dived to win a couple or seasons back. If you remember he was offside so if Lovren hadn’t have got a touch I think he’d have been flagged offside. Lovren couldn’t be sure so tried to play it and by getting a touch played him inside which seems like bollocks to me because it’s putting extra risk on the defenders but that seems to be the rule. Unless it’s changed again!

Yep remember that, defenders need to know whether players are offside in order to know what to do.

In this case, if Robbo jumps over the ball and doesn't try to block it then if they score it doesn't count!
The implementation of the offside rule is really shite at the moment isnt it.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: December 6, 2019, 11:21:11 pm »
Right. Thanks for the replies. I swear though I have seen linesmen waiving the flag for offside right away regardless if the target has got the ball or not. Oh well.

Couldn't undertand why he couldn't wait to incorrectly flag Lallana offside.

Strange, as because it would "only" have resulted in a corner nothing was done. Yet if he'd scored it would have been initially disallowed and then overturned by VAR.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.