Author Topic: How a redeveloped Anfield would look:  (Read 87444 times)

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How a redeveloped Anfield would look:
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 06:46:35 pm »
Pretty sure it was 55k, this was the figure the club said Anfield could be expanded to.

However a lot of things have changed over the past few years, we have all that space behind the Anfield Rd now, and their are just a couple of occupied houses left in Lake St (behind the Main St)

The club should at least now look into the possibility of redeveloping Anfield to 60/65k, the main stumbling block as far as the club is concerned has always been the vast loss of revenue while rebuilding work went on.

Maybe there's some truth in that, and maybe that's why the club continue to refuse to reconsider staying at Anfield rather than moving to Stanley Park.

that says everything mate, the club are more arsed about making money in the short term than upholding the long term traditions of the club.
the likes of celtic, man united and newcastle all managed to re-develop their stadiums without moving so i`m sure we could do the same.
if it came to it, and the beancounters were adamant that the club couldnt afford the loss of revenue, then personally i`d rather go and watch us play at goodison for a season (or even 2) whilst anfield was re-developed than move onto stanley park permanently.
once this club moves away from anfield it wont be the same club.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:55:08 pm by its cold in the stands »

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 01:21:01 pm »

how many times has st james park been developed since 1987? it looks like they cannot go any further, as the stand in the forefront of the picture cannot be increased because of the houses in front.  newcastle doesn't look right with stands lower than the others...

manutd is the same with one of their stands with a railway track inbetween the houses and the stand

with celtic, this is how it used to look like.  there wasn't much immediate residential buildings more of an open space

can i have my old name back please?

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 01:30:06 pm »

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 04:26:17 pm »
Is there a more recent aerial shot of anfield?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 06:15:38 pm »
This is the most recent one I could find.

This picture shows the new space behind the Anfield Rd and those houses behind the Main St are all but unoccupied.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2010, 08:17:11 pm »

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:44 am »
Some interesting ideas floating about here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=330977&page=108

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:43 am »

Ive posted them before in another thread a while ago, While it does look good just dont think it could be done

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #50 on: October 6, 2010, 02:07:05 pm »
Just took a look at google maps street view and there are 4 houses still occupied on Lothair Road behind the main Stand (2007). Across the road there are about 6 houses occupied.
Does anyone know if the boarded up houses are owned by the club?

Or maybe there are more derelict houses there.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Manningham Red

• Main Stander
  • A Liverbird upon my chest!
« Reply #51 on: October 6, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »
I dont know who owns what. But I hope this is a possibility. I think it would be alot better to redevelop.

Offline torres09

• Main Stander
  • - Above us only Sky -
« Reply #52 on: October 6, 2010, 09:17:45 pm »
I dont know who owns what. But I hope this is a possibility. I think it would be alot better to redevelop.
Definitely

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 7, 2010, 01:14:25 am »
I am praying we stay at Anfield. The idea of moving has just never seemed right to me. Maybe I need to get with the times but we'd miss the place too much.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 7, 2010, 01:30:41 am »
Just took a look at google maps street view and there are 4 houses still occupied on Lothair Road behind the main Stand (2007). Across the road there are about 6 houses occupied.
Does anyone know if the boarded up houses are owned by the club?

Or maybe there are more derelict houses there.

A lot of the houses in that area are being redeveloped at present, all along Rockfield Road and Anfield Road and the streets in between, with the exception of Lothair Road. I believe some of the houses at least are owned by the club, not sure about the rest though. It's interesting too, if you look at the other side of Walton Breck Road, the area between Granton Road and Herschell Street through to Hartnup Street, all of these houses are due for demolition. There are presently maybe about a dozen houses occupied between all of these streets. All of the houses in the area from Salisbury Road through to Venice Street are apparently due to be demolished,  and if you look at the size of that whole area, you'll see it dwarfs the area that the stadium presently occupies.

« Last Edit: October 7, 2010, 01:33:09 am by Jokerman »
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 7, 2010, 06:16:49 am »
I am praying we stay at Anfield. The idea of moving has just never seemed right to me. Maybe I need to get with the times but we'd miss the place too much.

holy shit this could be the best news we've ever had, would be unbelievably boss if Anfield got done up/extended.

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #56 on: October 7, 2010, 07:00:56 am »

You are not alone there. It definately doesn't sound/feel ok.

Do we really think that we can fill a 70K+ every week.

Not saying that we haven't got fans, alas I reckon that few have got more then us, if at all. But I think that maybe the majority of our type of fans are normal working people that maybe do not afford to go to all the matches. Or am I wrong?
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 7, 2010, 12:35:29 pm »
We only need about 60K max in my opinion, square off the back of the Kop (add some safe standing rows at the back), re-do the annie road, and extend the centenary and main stand a bit (adding some more corporate boxes and the like) and bob's your uncle.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2010, 12:38:59 pm by alex. »

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #58 on: October 7, 2010, 01:05:08 pm »
The main stand needs demolishing IMO.  If the Anny Rd were redeveloped first (season 1) increasing capacity significantly, then closing the main for the second season would be mitigated by the additional Anny Rd seats. Then we would have two first-rate stands after 2 seasons with capacity > current and probably up to the 60k many people advocate.  Ok, the Kop would still be a cramped place (especially if you're a fat bastard like me) but a redesign incorporating an area for safe standing (as they have at Leverkusen's stadium, for example) could allow slightly better seating without losing too much of the Kop capacity?  The Kop should be full of young mad bastards anyway and not old foggies like me, sod the seat comfort  ;)

That said, I like the new stadium design, I was 80:20 in favour of the move but now 50:50 split if it can be done without too much ago for the regular fans although I seem to remember that a redesign may cost more (given capacity losses etc) and take longer (given the piece-meal approach necessary) unless we share Goodison for a couple of seasons while it's done  ;) ::) 

I don't know exactly why I'm changing my mind, perhaps the incessant attack on the Liverpool FC way by the current owners* makes me nostalgic enough to realise the effect it may have on our identity should we leave the current ground.  Who knows.

* previous owners if the sale has gone through when you read this  ;)
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #59 on: October 7, 2010, 01:11:55 pm »
We only need about 60K max in my opinion, square off the back of the Kop (add some safe standing rows at the back), re-do the annie road, and extend the centenary and main stand a bit (adding some more corporate boxes and the like) and bob's your uncle.

I think the problem is when you go 'up' by making larger stands, you usually need to also go backwards (away from the pitch) and I think the issue has always been about that space available to go backwards. But on the other hand, I've read here a few times that the club owns most of the houses that surround Anfield so maybe thats not the reason.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2010, 01:15:58 pm »

Do we really think that we can fill a 70K+ every week.

Not saying that we haven't got fans, alas I reckon that few have got more then us, if at all. But I think that maybe the majority of our type of fans are normal working people that maybe do not afford to go to all the matches. Or am I wrong?

If the teams doing well I think we should be able to fill a 70k stadium for a reasonable number of games. If the team carries on like it is currently, I doubt we'll be able to fill the current Anfield for much longer.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #61 on: October 7, 2010, 04:56:06 pm »

That design by G.C looks really good IMO.
Third tier on the Centenary, 3 tier new Main Stand...
The noise in a stadium with those high stands and tight pitch area would be pretty awesome.
Would also leave scope for a new tier on the Anny of ever needed
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline woz92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 7, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »
^
YNWA 96

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2010, 06:08:50 pm »
Would love something like that, good work Woz.

It would be intimidating and the acoustics would be stunning. Assuming we have a half decent team to be scared of, and are still singing.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2010, 06:21:19 pm »
Looks good but Annie Road end looks weird being so small compared to the others, no way it could be expanded could it?
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 7, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »
Would really prefer Anfield being redeveloped than having to leave for a bigger new stadium.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #66 on: October 7, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »
Looks good but Annie Road end looks weird being so small compared to the others, no way it could be expanded could it?

Yeah it could be, particularly if it were built over the road, Atletico style.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »
We just need to think outside the box and awayt from traditional building methods for constricting a stadium. If they can build the channel tunnel and make bridges that can take earthquakes in Japan, then the must be some way of building a shell of a stand behind the Main stand during the season and then spending the off season demoltiong the Main stand and replacing it with the shell behind it. The roof could then be added during the season, along with the fit out of the stands, changies, and corporate stuff etc.

Anny road is different and we could maybe put up with that being pulled down and rebuilt completley during the season when the main stand is finished.

My main understanding of why a new stadium was always the best option was becuase of the No of executive boxes that Anfield could not provide, but coporate stuff has moved away from boxes to meals and seperate entertaining areas inside stands and just a match ticket with a comfy seat.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #68 on: October 8, 2010, 08:23:20 am »
Hi lads - I hope to put up a new thread over the weekend looking at this. What would be really useful would be any photos showing long views of Anfield from across Stanley Park, coming up Walton Breck Road etc, and the surrounding streets. I'm doing a massing model and would like to show the impact of the increased heights of the stands. If anyone has any or could take a few snaps and upload them it would be appreciated. They don't need to be hi-res, just post them on here in the thread.

Many thanks
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2010, 08:29:30 am »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 8, 2010, 09:33:04 am »
Like this Alan??
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/27219612
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/34293555

Found on google streetview

Yes that's the kind of thing. I had a look at those but might need a few more though.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #71 on: October 8, 2010, 09:35:49 am »
There are a few more on streetview i think

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #72 on: October 8, 2010, 10:55:49 am »
Here's a better picture of the old plan for anfield
« Last Edit: October 8, 2010, 10:57:46 am by LiamG »

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 8, 2010, 11:24:18 am »
The council are discouraging NESV from redeveloping Anfield. Sorry for my ignorance, but why?
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: October 8, 2010, 11:27:51 am »
The council are discouraging NESV from redeveloping Anfield. Sorry for my ignorance, but why?

because they don't want to lose employment and the regeneration of the area (there's another thread talking about it)

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 8, 2010, 11:31:15 am »

The problem with staying is that you are limited to working within the confines of the streets and houses around Anfield.  If it is redeveloped Anfield will be different anyway and the current look and feel will be lost.  It is much easier to build a few hundred yards away in Stanley Park and you will end up with a better result.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 8, 2010, 12:09:05 pm »
Here's a better picture of the old plan for anfield

That's a 55,000-seater keeping the Centenary and Kop. Looks like Anfield Road is shut and the new Anfield Road stand extends quite a way into the park. The new Main Stand is horribly unbalanced. If the Annie Road is say 12,500 then the new Main Stand would have to be 20,000 or more.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #77 on: October 8, 2010, 01:08:50 pm »
I reckon we build an exact replica of Anfield on Stanley park, then expand it :D
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #78 on: October 8, 2010, 01:15:29 pm »
The problem with staying is that you are limited to working within the confines of the streets and houses around Anfield.  If it is redeveloped Anfield will be different anyway and the current look and feel will be lost.  It is much easier to build a few hundred yards away in Stanley Park and you will end up with a better result.

this.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 8, 2010, 03:13:33 pm »
any further news on the liverpool city council blocking anfield redevelopment with the new owners?