Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 52361 times)

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #1040 on: March 2, 2024, 11:21:38 am »

One of the poorest areas on earth and she's only doing shows in the most expensive City and yet you will still excuse her twattish money grabbing.

She doesn't give a flying fuck about any of you.

I see. And Liverpool play their summer friendlies in the slums of Mumbai do they? Does that mean everyone associated with the club is a money grabbing twat?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: March 2, 2024, 11:26:13 am »
I see. And Liverpool play their summer friendlies in the slums of Mumbai do they? Does that mean everyone associated with the club is a money grabbing twat?

Touché
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: March 2, 2024, 11:28:18 am »

Who said anything about slums, we've also been to Thailand a few times, no ?

And a football Club is just a little different to a pop star, as in we have an actual home City.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2024, 11:31:09 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: March 2, 2024, 11:28:42 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: March 2, 2024, 11:41:18 am »

And a football Club is just a little different to a pop star, as in we have an actual home City.

And she’s played in Sao Paolo on this very tour. Easy to pick and choose to support an argument.

She’s not Mother Theresa and I don’t approve of everything she does but is it really worse than fleecing young kids by selling replica shirts for £90 every year? Then changing that shirt every year so kids want the new one?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: March 2, 2024, 11:46:24 am »
Where you getting your kids shirts from ?

And Brazil is NOT an island, so not even close to being comparable.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: March 2, 2024, 11:48:04 am »

One of the poorest areas on earth and she's only doing shows in the most expensive City and yet you will still excuse her twattish money grabbing.

I've not excused anything if you would read what I stated. If you could answer the question rather than ranting about her. :wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: March 2, 2024, 11:49:23 am »
I've not excused anything if you would read what I stated. If you could answer the question rather than ranting about her. :wave

Not ranting and yes they do.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2024, 11:52:07 am by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: March 2, 2024, 11:54:56 am »
Not ranting and yes they do.
How are they different to say those that do Vegas residency and the like? Or when going to that part of the world like Swift?

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: March 2, 2024, 12:04:04 pm »
Where you getting your kids shirts from ?

And Brazil is NOT an island, so not even close to being comparable.

The issue was how poor or rich the place is.  You mentioned Thailand as an example of somewhere the club had been that is poorer and I compared it Sao Paolo.

If you can’t see that football is just as much of a business I’m not sure I can help you.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1050 on: March 2, 2024, 12:05:34 pm »
Haters gonna hate
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: March 2, 2024, 12:24:50 pm »

So that's a firm no on any idea where I can get tickets for the Liverpool gig?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: March 2, 2024, 12:27:55 pm »

:lmao

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: March 2, 2024, 01:35:04 pm »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: March 2, 2024, 02:10:25 pm »

Probably!  Touts will have hoovered up a bunch but will charge crazy money for it.

Otherwise just hope someone has to drop out and is willing to pass them on.  I have 4 but nothing short of hospitalisation will stop us being there.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: March 2, 2024, 08:33:34 pm »
You are playing with Ciara fire here.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1056 on: March 3, 2024, 02:12:45 am »

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: March 4, 2024, 01:43:06 pm »
Probably!  Touts will have hoovered up a bunch but will charge crazy money for it.

Otherwise just hope someone has to drop out and is willing to pass them on.  I have 4 but nothing short of hospitalisation will stop us being there.

Yeah only option are the touts on stubhub, if so would probably be looking at double the ticket cost at absolute minimum. That's why these sales are just garbage, everyone knows half the people on there are just buying because they know how much money they can get on re-sale. Not much else they can do though.

Don't know anyone with any spares etc so that would be the best bet really. I've heard you can get lucky on ticketmaster when they allow resales but that wouldn't be until about 2 weeks before the gig?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1058 on: March 4, 2024, 02:33:07 pm »
Yeah only option are the touts on stubhub, if so would probably be looking at double the ticket cost at absolute minimum. That's why these sales are just garbage, everyone knows half the people on there are just buying because they know how much money they can get on re-sale. Not much else they can do though.

Don't know anyone with any spares etc so that would be the best bet really. I've heard you can get lucky on ticketmaster when they allow resales but that wouldn't be until about 2 weeks before the gig?

Might be worth setting up a notification on Twickets too.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1059 on: March 4, 2024, 04:59:26 pm »

On her 2014 tour, the Asian venues were in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Japan and Singapore.

The Thailand concert had to be cancelled after the military coup there. Maybe that was playing on her/her management's minds.

But yes, it looks poor that Singapore threw a $multi-million sweetener to give them exclusivity for that region... and Taylor Swift signed up to it.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: March 5, 2024, 07:39:46 am »

On her 2014 tour, the Asian venues were in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Japan and Singapore.

The Thailand concert had to be cancelled after the military coup there. Maybe that was playing on her/her management's minds.

But yes, it looks poor that Singapore threw a $multi-million sweetener to give them exclusivity for that region... and Taylor Swift signed up to it.

Pretty sure the publicity and the spend in the economy on tourism would far exceed the spend by the government.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1061 on: March 5, 2024, 11:14:54 am »
Swifites now love Jason Kelce as much as they do Travis... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: March 5, 2024, 01:41:36 pm »
I thought she was all about her fans, but it turns out that she's just another money hungry twat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68379688

Why would you think that? ;D

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: March 6, 2024, 06:36:23 pm »
Sorry if I’m asking a question that was asked months ago but I purchased 4 tickets for Anfield for a mate and his family through my membership. Does anybody know if the tickets for the concert will be paper or electronic? I’m emigrating before the summer and hoping it won’t be a pain to get their tickets to them.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: March 6, 2024, 06:45:09 pm »
Sorry if I’m asking a question that was asked months ago but I purchased 4 tickets for Anfield for a mate and his family through my membership. Does anybody know if the tickets for the concert will be paper or electronic? I’m emigrating before the summer and hoping it won’t be a pain to get their tickets to them.

The ones I bought via AXS are digital so I'd imagine it's the same for all tickets.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: March 6, 2024, 07:47:35 pm »
The ones I bought via AXS are digital so I'd imagine it's the same for all tickets.

Hope so. Many thanks.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: April 17, 2024, 11:14:59 pm »
Not long to wait now. Friday is a big day with the new Taylor and also Pearl Jam

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1067 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:27 am »
Came over here to ask how people were feeling!

I have tried really hard to ignore/not think about the album for the last while to be honest, and it hasn't been that difficult as there has been little/no promotion in that time but the last 24-48hrs have got me excited now.

Record Store Day on Saturday and there has been no announcements of any TS releases, unlike the last few years which is disappointing. Wondering whether to go join the 6am queues anyway just incase but not sure they could keep that so quiet with so many independent retailers already receiving their stock.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: April 18, 2024, 11:02:33 am »
I think I’m mostly wondering what sort of album it’ll be. The title makes me think it’ll be in the folklore/evermore vein.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: April 18, 2024, 11:52:28 am »
I think I’m mostly wondering what sort of album it’ll be. The title makes me think it’ll be in the folklore/evermore vein.

Seems to be Jack and Aaron involved as producers, so I don't think it's going to stray too far from what we have heard over the last 4 years. She did tease a lot of synth-pop before Midnights, so we sort of new what to expect but this feels more stripped back.

If the theme of the album is the 7 stages of grief then I am hopeful of another folklore/evermore-style record. Even some of the Midnights 3am tracks - Dear Reader / Would've Could've Should've / Great War / BIgger Than The Whole Sky wouldn't be too far removed from that either.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: April 18, 2024, 12:34:13 pm »

Rumours the album has been leaked but doing what proper fans are doing and waiting. By the time I wake up my youngest will be on her third listen through!  Have to go into work though so won't listen to it properly till the weekend.

I'm also expecting that folky/indie vibe with maybe one or two more upbeat tracks for radio/casual listeners. You would think that the new album will feature heavily in the surprise song segments of the upcoming European tour.  Would be pretty cool to hear the first live performance of one of her songs.

I have high hopes for this one. As much of what she does is semi-autobiographical you would think the decline and end of her long relationship with Joe will feature which in itself was very different to anything that she has experienced.  Could be an iconic Track 5. 

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: April 18, 2024, 03:27:30 pm »
C'mon now.
There is only one Taylor.
Taylor Momsen.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: April 18, 2024, 11:27:54 pm »
C'mon now.
There is only one Taylor.
Taylor Momsen.

So good they named him twice.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: April 19, 2024, 08:05:23 am »
Taylor, Taylor

Taylor Swift: fans and critics react to new surprise double album The Tortured Poets Department
Swifties take to social media to dissect lyrics and celebrate Swift’s 11th album on Friday as the musician releases 15 more songs

At 2am EST on Friday, Swift announced the surprise release of a second half of the album with 15 additional songs: “The Tortured Poets Department is a secret DOUBLE album,” she wrote. “I’d written so much tortured poetry in the past 2 years and wanted to share it all with you, so here’s the second instalment of TTPD: The Anthology … And now the story isn’t mine anymore… it’s all yours.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/apr/19/taylor-swift-the-tortured-poets-department-fans-critics-reactions-new-album-reviews-lyrics

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: April 19, 2024, 09:19:22 am »
Only popped in to say its good to see my guy Post Malone everywhere (he's on this new album).

As you were, Swifties.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1075 on: April 19, 2024, 11:05:30 am »
Does Aaron Dessner never rest?  2 National albums released last year, and co-writing and producing 15 songs on this album.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1076 on: April 19, 2024, 11:32:05 am »
Good review in The Grauniad. Also a separate article on the lyrics 🤔

I saw a scathing one somewhere, will see if I can dig it up.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: April 19, 2024, 12:20:21 pm »
Must admit I do find these 5 stars instant classic reviews quite jarring. She is a pop star with pretty uncomplicated songs and lyrics aimed at her teenage fanbase (I cringe every time Karma comes on, karma is a cat, really?!) but shes written about as if shes producing literally some of the best music of all time? Surely these reviewers don't really believe that?

She's very good at what she does, and I get it's different strokes for different folks and all that. I'd say Lana Del Rey for example is a far superior songwriter and her Norman Rockwell album far outshines anything Taylor Swift has released, bearing in mind they both work with Jack Antonoff.

Is her music really that good? Beatles, Rolling Stones level? Deserving of higher praise than some of the most influential and groundbreaking artists of all time? Am I just a miserable prick? ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: April 19, 2024, 12:30:34 pm »
I planned my walk this morning to listen to the album twice before work, but then whilst on my first listen she dropped the second album... ended up walking 10 miles!

My first thoughts are lyrically it's very strong. I was expecting it to be very sad, and whilst it's sad and a bit angry in parts, I did find a lot of humour in it.

Production has surprised me - it's more stripped back than I was expecting and less of Jack's regular antics! (not a bad thing or a slight on JA - I love their work together but there are no 'glitter pen' songs or pure upbeat pop songs).

I got one full listen of all 31 songs and then as far as Clara Bow on the second. So will pick it up from there at lunch.

It was a bit overwhelming at first - how new everything was, and not really getting what I was expecting. I read her tweets when I woke up and straight away knew it wasn't the subject/relationship I was expecting it to be about and was impressed with the effort she went to point out how most of this was self-inflicted and there are no scores to settle. I feel that was a direct note to fans who can take things too far and make assumptions on who/what she is talking about and act on it. Something she has been criticised for not doing in the past. 

I feel like I have missed important lyrics/stories but the second listen felt more comfortable and enjoyable. It will take me a while to get my bearings but can appreciate why people are praising the story telling and introspective look at heartbreak and everything that comes with it. Straight away you could tell she landed hard with the lyrics. That has always been her strong point but she has definiteley gone up levels with the last 4 albums.

I never think she is given enough credit for the genres she has leaned into - from a young country artist, to country/pop, then pure pop, then a bit hip-hop/r&b and pop, then she gets a bit folkly/indie with elements of pop, then starts exploring synth/electro sounds but then this feels different again, like another shift. What genre is this? Pop? I think with the amount of fans she has, it would be hard for her not break records and such but it doesn't feel like she has played it safe with this to capitalise on the last 1.5 years. Her ability to switch things up but remain so consistent and good will never not impress me.

Looking forward to get back into it now.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying it and it is well recieved out there!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: April 19, 2024, 12:42:24 pm »
Must admit I do find these 5 stars instant classic reviews quite jarring. She is a pop star with pretty uncomplicated songs and lyrics aimed at her teenage fanbase (I cringe every time Karma comes on, karma is a cat, really?!) but shes written about as if shes producing literally some of the best music of all time? Surely these reviewers don't really believe that?

She's very good at what she does, and I get it's different strokes for different folks and all that. I'd say Lana Del Rey for example is a far superior songwriter and her Norman Rockwell album far outshines anything Taylor Swift has released, bearing in mind they both work with Jack Antonoff.

Is her music really that good? Beatles, Rolling Stones level? Deserving of higher praise than some of the most influential and groundbreaking artists of all time? Am I just a miserable prick? ;D

She is a pop star. If you're not exposing yourself to her catalogue of music then I can understand why you are hearing things like Shake It Off, Karma, Love Story, 22, We Are Never, Ever Getting Back Together and thinking wtf?

I have always maintained in this thread that the stuff above - the 'glitter pen' music, is not her best. But for whatever reason, herself or her label decide that's what the single is or that's what will go on radio.

But she will always, always be more than those songs. All of her best work is in her albums. I have plenty of time for Karma or WANEGBT in the right moment but it's not a fair reflection of who she is as an artist. Some of those songs are pop bangers/classics - Style, Blank Space, Anti Hero etc... no doubt and I do think lyrically they track.

She one catagorised herself and her music into 3 sections/vibes which maybe does help explain a bit more on who she is. She self-catagorised her music into 'Fountain Pen' / 'Quill Pen' or 'Glitter Gel Pen' lyrics:

“Most of my lyrics are ‘Fountain Pen’ lyrics,” Swift said in a statement with Apple. “They’re modern personal stories, written like poetry, about those moments you remember all too well where you can see, hear, and feel everything in screaming detail.”

“Glitter Gel Pen songs have lyrics that make you want to dance, sing and toss glitter around the room,” Swift continued. “They remind you not to take yourself too seriously, which is something we all need to hear these days. Quill Pen songs are songs with lyrics that make you feel all old fashioned, like you’re a 19th century poet crafting your next sonnet by candlelight.”

So I think, for those people who don't actively seek out and listen to her music they are exposed to the 'glitter pen' songs and get a bit lost/confused when people reference her storytelling and lyricism, as they will be referring to the 'Fountain Pen / Quill Pen' songs mainly.

That's how I see it.

Of course there are plenty of people who will have heard it all and don't like it and that's all well and good and is their right. As with the folks who maybe only love the glitter pen stuff.

EDIT: Also, I'm not trying to dig you out but "She is a pop star with pretty uncomplicated songs and lyrics aimed at her teenage fanbase (I cringe every time Karma comes on, karma is a cat, really?!)" sounds just like an example of someone who hasn't heard much beyond the glitter stuff, as I was saying. Because she is absolutely not just a pop star with uncomplicated lyrics aimed at her teenager fanbase. I can understand why you think Karma is that, but Karma is one song out of a catalogue of hundreds she has written. I think you'd be surprised at how assorted her listening fanbase is - male, female, young, old.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:48:09 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »