Author Topic: Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire  (Read 7194 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ghostbusters - Afterlife
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2022, 08:57:27 pm »
For anybody who's interested, the Honest Trailer is out. Thought they were a bit harsh, as there's a fair bit of story in there, but I get what they mean about the film being a nostalgia tour.

And bloody hell, Ivan Reitman passed away only three days ago. Extraordinary, given the work he did with his son on this very film.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q8FndNOrOh0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q8FndNOrOh0</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2022, 09:30:57 pm »
Not such a huge Ghostbusters nerd so missed about 80 percent of the nostalgia stuff they pointed out in the video, but agree with the things about the ending. Really liked most of the film up to the ending...

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2022, 10:07:29 pm »
I think for the fans the ending was most important, which is probably why people only generally familiar with the first film might find it a tad dull

Not going to spoiler this, as I imagine anybody who wants to see the film has done so by now, but re Egon having no lines, I suspect it was in part due to trying to get a deep fake to act. Rogue One had a big problem over that with Tarkin - he was pretty convincing, until he opened his mouth. I think having Egon talk might have risked breaking the spell.

Popcorn's Art

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2022, 10:10:36 pm »
Just watched it...me and the missies loved it. Think those of a certain age...mid 40s and who loved the first film will enjoy for all the nostalgia.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2023, 09:31:15 am »
Trailer for a new film has dropped:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wFNK_KEmcWs&amp;ab_channel=Ghostbusters" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wFNK_KEmcWs&amp;ab_channel=Ghostbusters</a>

Wasn't expecting a follow up to be honest. I thought the previous film was more an act of closure than a new beginning. It will have to do its own thing rather than ride the nostalgia like the previous film, but the whole cast is there, including the OGs. A challenge, but not an insurmountable one.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2023, 08:41:47 pm »
The best thing they did was get Paul Rudd on board. He’s impossible to dislike.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2023, 12:49:51 pm »

Wasn't expecting a follow up to be honest. I thought the previous film was more an act of closure than a new beginning. It will have to do its own thing rather than ride the nostalgia like the previous film, but the whole cast is there, including the OGs. A challenge, but not an insurmountable one.

Have to say, I liked the most recent movie and I hope this one picks up from there. I agree about doing its own thing. I really hope they find their own way of continuing the franchise and don't cling to the original one as closely as they did in Afterlife.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2023, 07:35:20 pm »
Have to say, I liked the most recent movie and I hope this one picks up from there. I agree about doing its own thing. I really hope they find their own way of continuing the franchise and don't cling to the original one as closely as they did in Afterlife.

One of the biggest criticisms of the earlier sequels was that it was essentially the same plot. Not sure I ever agreed with that perspective - I thought Ghostbusters II was moderately different enough, but then again there's only so many times you can save the world from a supernatural entity before it gets old.

Where Afterlife succeeded, I think, was the small-town scale, rather than a massive, OTT climax. It was a deeply personal film, from a father and son team, honouring a lost cast member. The fact this new film looks set in NYC suggests a big ramp up for the franchise as it tries to come into its own.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2023, 09:01:55 am »
One of the biggest criticisms of the earlier sequels was that it was essentially the same plot. Not sure I ever agreed with that perspective - I thought Ghostbusters II was moderately different enough, but then again there's only so many times you can save the world from a supernatural entity before it gets old.

Where Afterlife succeeded, I think, was the small-town scale, rather than a massive, OTT climax. It was a deeply personal film, from a father and son team, honouring a lost cast member. The fact this new film looks set in NYC suggests a big ramp up for the franchise as it tries to come into its own.

I feel sad for people who complain about things like this, they're comedies with some insane ghost-related peril, you know what you're getting. I could get on board with a complaint if it wasn't funny, but with Rudd on board and Venkman back, not gonna happen.

Made up they're back in New York, I went to the firehouse when I was there ;D

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2024, 03:14:14 pm »
Dickless is back! :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HpOBXh02rVc&amp;ab_channel=SonyPicturesEntertainment" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HpOBXh02rVc&amp;ab_channel=SonyPicturesEntertainment</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2024, 03:47:12 pm »
You know you can actually make a Ghostbusters film without the same lines, marshmallow men, slimer etc

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2024, 03:53:05 pm »
The worst bits of Afterlife were anything nostalgia heavy (anything after Walmart basically), I actually enjoyed it up until then, Carrie Coon and her daughter were interesting enough characters and Paul Rudd is just Paul Rudd. That trailer looks like they’ve doubled down on the nostalgia, don’t think I’ll bother.
AHA!

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2024, 05:16:09 pm »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2024, 05:49:07 pm »
Agreed, far too much Ghostbusters in that Ghostbusters movie, it's sickening.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2024, 07:08:00 pm »
I think it looks better than Afterlife to be honest. It looks like the OG will be more integrated into the film, rather than mere cameos, and I'm fine with that. And I've always got time for Slimer. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2024, 10:47:06 am »
I think it looks better than Afterlife to be honest. It looks like the OG will be more integrated into the film, rather than mere cameos, and I'm fine with that. And I've always got time for Slimer. :)

Get the feeling Murray is still only at the end but it does look good and I'm getting a big nostalgia hit. Which I have no problem with. Life is crap enough.