Author Topic: Rogue One - 2 Siths, 1 Saber  (Read 30057 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Rogue One - Let's forget the Prequels, okay?
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2017, 07:15:39 pm »
it was changed for the 2004 edition

Worst is the ending of Return of the Jedi were they've added him saying 'Noooooo' when he picks the emperor up and throws him down the shaft.

Found it ironic that Lucas was one of the people against black and white films being colourized but he's had no problems altering the work of two other directors.

Awful.

And you have to feel sorry for Luke at the end now. "Oh look, it's Obi-wan! And Yoda! And...someone else"
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »
For comparison's sake:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JaBlw1gNWdg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JaBlw1gNWdg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZUOAbT6OATU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZUOAbT6OATU</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2017, 08:50:59 pm »
This is an interesting take by Ian McDiarmid on how almost everything was redubbed after the fact.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SBtbwhyBibI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SBtbwhyBibI</a>

*important to remember that he was only about 38 when RotJ was filmed so he was aiming for a character much older than himself at the time.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2017, 05:39:23 am »
I recommend checking out the "Despecialized" editions. The people behind it put an absolutely insane amount of work into trying to restore the original versions.

They can be found on an official page, but in massive (17gb or so) form. The usual sources have smaller encodes.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2017, 08:35:17 am »
What was wrong with just sticking to "bring my shuttle"?

This is ever so small, but one of the main reasons I hated some of the changes Lucas made. "Bring my shuttle" was said so curtly, you could tell he was fuming after what had just happened. Either angry, sad, just annoyed. Adding the clunky line about alerting his Star Destroyer just again ruined a moment. It was the moment ruining that annoyed me most.

Same goes for the added 'NNOOOOOOOOOO!' as he throws the Emperor. His silent contemplation was the thing that made that whole scene so memorable. He is a mask Vader. And to show the turmoil in him by just focussing on the mask, and his back and forth looks, the music and the direction did the job. There was no need to add a ridiculous 'NNNOOOOO!' at that moment ... it was such a shame that fans (not all, but some!) ended up knowing what made the SW films great more than the man who created them.

I know Simon Pegg hated that addition, and to be fair, I was an apologist for the special editions, but after that was added to the Bluray, I wanted the originals more than ever.

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 25, 2017, 12:23:14 pm »
Always good for a giggle.  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JkPKZhXth7M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JkPKZhXth7M</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #406 on: January 25, 2017, 12:29:23 pm »
Rogue One was absolutely brilliant.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #408 on: January 25, 2017, 03:41:21 pm »
I recommend checking out the "Despecialized" editions. The people behind it put an absolutely insane amount of work into trying to restore the original versions.

They can be found on an official page, but in massive (17gb or so) form. The usual sources have smaller encodes.

Fantastic aren't they?

There are now 23gb versions (to fit on a blu-ray) as well as a 50gb version (46gb-ish) - which includes a whole host of bonus materials for each film in the Trilogy - including interactive menus and artwork etc. Smaller versions are still out there - in various formats like mkv, iso, mp4, dvd etc...

The custom version (with menus and bonus material etc) - http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-Despecialized-Editions-Custom-Bluray-Set/id/49995/page/1

The original 'just' the film version - http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/id/12713/page/1

Some of the artwork, boxsets, disc covers, inserts, and disc art etc are superb; either unique - or based on previous formats that have been released down the years - with lots of choices too :)

Watching the Star Wars films in great picture and sound quality - just as they came out in the cinemas (with none of the changes made since then by George) - all those years ago....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:33:11 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 25, 2017, 04:38:06 pm »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/youve-been-wrong-about-where-the-death-star-trench-was-1791582520

Well, that's me corrected.

That's weird, I always thought it was north-south specifically because of the briefing.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:19 pm »
Filming on Han Solo film has started ...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2017, 09:30:46 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: February 2, 2017, 05:23:14 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: February 2, 2017, 05:28:03 pm »
Two Sith, One Cup?

"To sixth, one cup!" is actually the name of the Manchester United season review DVD
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Re: Rogue One - 2 Siths, 1 Saber
« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2017, 08:58:45 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:06 am »

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2017, 09:18:55 am »
quality is too poor for me to tell if it's photoshop or not but I'm guessing natural.  Anybody who's been on a plane can say there's some weird ass clouds around up there.  :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2017, 04:46:30 pm »
^ quality pic RedBeret :)

a photoshop pic from the some new box art packaging for The Last Jedi:-

(taken from here - with actual box art pic - https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/5uf45n/first_look_at_the_last_jedi_product_packaging/)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:58:23 pm by oojason »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2017, 12:03:46 am »
Can they hurry up and do another giant Lego Millennium Falcon already? I've finally got someone I can "buy it for".

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2017, 08:28:17 am »
Can they hurry up and do another giant Lego Millennium Falcon already? I've finally got someone I can "buy it for".
minimum 8 hours build time... and that's not even for the really big one...

Don't do it!!!
W

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2017, 08:32:58 am »

There's been strong rumours in the Lego community that there will be a new UCS Falcon either late this year, or next year.

This May they're releasing a big Snowspeeder set.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2017, 02:45:44 pm »
The last Jedi?

Now they have released the name of the film in other languages, it's now confirmed as being a plural...
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »
I know about the German one, what are the others?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2017, 03:36:36 pm »
There's been strong rumours in the Lego community that there will be a new UCS Falcon either late this year, or next year.

This May they're releasing a big Snowspeeder set.

I'd just googled it before posting and saw nothing, where did you read about these?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2017, 03:38:02 pm »
I know about the German one, what are the others?
Spanish and French too it seems!
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2017, 03:44:25 pm »
Spanish and French too it seems!
Nice one!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: February 22, 2017, 09:06:19 am »
The last Jedi?

Now they have released the name of the film in other languages, it's now confirmed as being a plural...

"Always two, there are.  A Master, and an Apprentice."

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #428 on: February 22, 2017, 11:12:43 pm »

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story In-Home Trailer:-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwPgQucl4QA?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwPgQucl4QA?fs=1</a>

In the UK it is out on Monday 10th April (DVD, 3D Blu-ray, and Digital Download) - https://twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/834500817306660865

artwork for various covers is in the link above...

Seems there are no deleted scenes or commentary.

In the USA, Rogue One is out in Digital HD on Friday 24th March. 

It's out in the USA on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand on Tuesday 4th April.

Adopts K2SO voice: there is high probability that people in the UK will get their hands on the digital download soon after the US on the 24th March - a high probability...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:38:07 pm by oojason »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: February 26, 2017, 11:14:21 pm »
Anybody else noticed how Star Wars seems to work best when it's classic ships slugging it out?

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2017, 12:41:54 am »

Rogue One is away - bluray versions have leaked in the usual places...

Full 1080 - from 19.49gb down to 700mb versions, erm... apparently.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:43:13 am by oojason »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: March 20, 2017, 12:58:55 pm »
Rogue One is away - bluray versions have leaked in the usual places...

Full 1080 - from 19.49gb down to 700mb versions, erm... apparently.

Wonderful.  I'll be happy with around 2.5gb.  Not like I have a 70 inch curved 3D telly (which might have spied on me anyway.)

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2017, 12:10:11 am »
Wonderful.  I'll be happy with around 2.5gb.  Not like I have a 70 inch curved 3D telly (which might have spied on me anyway.)

:D   

I keep to files around that size too - normally to fit on a 4gb usb drive. I'm not sure why anymore - as I often stream from the pc hard drive, and the usb drives are now a lot cheaper and can pick up a good sandisk 32gb usb for around £12-13... yet I still go looking for files around 2gb to 3.4gb - force of habit!

Anyway, great looking film - and Takrin / Leia cgi seemed more authentic looking on it than at the cinema (or the leaked cam rips) - especially in the darker lit scenes...

Good comparison video of Tarkin in Rogue One and Star Wars here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsuvXHGCVXE

Guy Henry did a top job.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:11:45 am by oojason »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2017, 09:16:11 pm »
I loved seeing Tarkin in the movie - his are my (non Vader) favourite scenes to be honest.  Thought his lip work was far better in the later scenes, although I also felt his eyebrow work wasn't quite as expressive as it could have been.  It seemed just a little bit off from the rest of his expression, which overall seemed slightly subdued or restrained.  Still a top notch job though.  And yes, Leia looks a lot better in this dvd cut.  Maybe they tweaked her slightly?

In Force Awakens, where the Falcon was up against the Tie Fighters, I felt we finally had a moment that stood up when compared to the OT.  But I honestly feel that Rogue One is the first modern Star Wars movie to give us numerous iconic moments that not only match the OT, but exceed it. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:39 pm »
I watched it in bed last night and preferred it to watching it at the pictures.

I was a bit pissed off at first as the score is so much louder than the dialogue when it kicks in - which is great as I love the score. But at 1am my neighbours wouldnt have been pleased so ended up turning the volume up and down which was more than annoying.

I then remembered/realised that my Samsung telly has built in bluetooth support. 2 mins later with my Jabra Pulse earphones paired up and life was great. Booming sound and the 1080p stream was boss too.

I think the Vader bit at the end when he stands there unmoving with his sabre is one of the most daunting bits of film I've seen. It just exudes menace before he even kicks off. Up there with the Jaws music and the Alien/Weaver face off for me.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: March 22, 2017, 08:16:44 am »
I heard the Vader scene at the end described as "going ful on horror movie, but with Darth Vader." I'd say that was pretty accurate!

This film gives us so many new things about the universe we know that we haven't seen before. Vader going full terminator is one of them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #436 on: March 22, 2017, 01:44:57 pm »

STAR WARS 1977 SILVERSCREEN EDITION is the version everyone should download

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:47:04 pm by Rattleduser »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #437 on: March 22, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »
STAR WARS 1977 SILVERSCREEN EDITION is the version everyone should download

Think they are now on v1.6 of that - the Grindhouse versions for ESB and ROTJ are worth a look too :)

Hopefully, in time (and a lot of work), we'll see some 4K preservations/restorations of the Original Trilogy...

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #438 on: March 22, 2017, 04:51:08 pm »
I loved seeing Tarkin in the movie - his are my (non Vader) favourite scenes to be honest.  Thought his lip work was far better in the later scenes, although I also felt his eyebrow work wasn't quite as expressive as it could have been.  It seemed just a little bit off from the rest of his expression, which overall seemed slightly subdued or restrained.  Still a top notch job though.  And yes, Leia looks a lot better in this dvd cut.  Maybe they tweaked her slightly?

In Force Awakens, where the Falcon was up against the Tie Fighters, I felt we finally had a moment that stood up when compared to the OT.  But I honestly feel that Rogue One is the first modern Star Wars movie to give us numerous iconic moments that not only match the OT, but exceed it. 

Amen brother :)

There are a few good videos spliced together from the promos, trailers and adverts into one (and done before the recent blu ray leak) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mPzBKG8wyE - not only highlighting the superb effects, but there is emotional connection there to what the Rebels are fighting for, beit their characters, backstory, cause or current plot of the film - even in the spaceship battles (which could have easily gone into Prequel and 'density' territory), and like you say some scenes surpass even the OT.

I'm looking forward to some of the coming fan edits for Rogue One - though seemingly it'll be mainly new title sequences, crawls, maybe some re-scoring here and there, and maybe a few shots lifted from the trailers etc - though doubt we'll be seeing much change at all for the actual film itself - it just doesn't require it.

(though would be cool to see those deleted/alternative/pre-reshot scenes in a future release someday soon)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2017, 03:20:16 pm »
The Han Solo movie is going to reveal his real name. Whatever that means.

Hey Claus, fuck off.