Author Topic: Black Sails  (Read 772 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Black Sails
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:48:27 am »
Haven't found a topic for this.

love the show, am about to start binge watching the 4th season and looking forward to it.

They're doing this crazy thing where they are not dragging a show out for endless amount of seasons, I dunno if that's because of ratings or what but personally I think it's great because the show will end on a high! (as I've heard the last season is brilliant)

Any fans?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Black Sails
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:13:48 pm »
I hate meself for watching it, it's trash tv...as I've said before in the tv thread...I liken to Spartacus....it's just Spartacus At Sea.

And yet...I've seen every episode. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:20:17 pm »
Ahhhhh I loved Spartacus too!

don't hate yourself....these shows are great buffers to the slow burners. Gotta mix it up!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:17:46 pm »
Yeah love it too (same with Spartacus) but agreed it's like trash TV! Binged watched part of the 4th series last week and prob get the rest done tonight.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:47:11 pm »
So is this full of massively over the top violence and gore with loads of friggin in the riggin?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »
Ahhhhh I loved Spartacus too!

don't hate yourself....these shows are great buffers to the slow burners. Gotta mix it up!
Joking aside, season four is really good. There's loads of moments between Flint and Silver that I loved, some great script writing, especially in the conversation that the two have in the final episode. It's obvious how it's going to end from halfway thru the season...but, it still worked.

There's loads of the things we come to love in the season....and it ends properly tying up all the stories. It's been a decent four seasons I think.

Going to be interesting to see what Starz can come up with next. Black Sails was a decent replacement for Spartacus, hopefully they can repeat that feat.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 11:16:48 pm »
Really missing this series. It was an excellent romp from start to finish.

The theme music by Bear whassisname is a constant earworm... given that I wasn't too keen when actually watching the show.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:55:32 pm »
I loved the show.

The only thing that annoyed me was the American accents.

Not a single west country accent in sight. when most of the classic Pirates came from Devon, Cornwall, Somerset etc.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 12:38:08 am »
I loved the show.

The only thing that annoyed me was the American accents.

Not a single west country accent in sight. when most of the classic Pirates came from Devon, Cornwall, Somerset etc.
Didn't the psycho captain in S2 have a bit of a curnry accent? I was happy suspending disbelief. One of the things I loved was the interweaving of historical characters such as flint, teach and Rackham with the central character of long John silver.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 06:48:26 am »
Didn't the psycho captain in S2 have a bit of a curnry accent? I was happy suspending disbelief. One of the things I loved was the interweaving of historical characters such as flint, teach and Rackham with the central character of long John silver.

I just thought Capt Flint was close to Silver because it was the name of his Parrot in the books and it was a play on that..
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.