Poll

Well - scroungers or the bestest peoplers EVER! You decide!

Keep them (I Live in the North of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Cornwall)
64 (13.3%)
Keep them (I live elsewhere in the UK - probably the South or Midlands)
39 (8.1%)
Bin them  (I Live in the North of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Cornwall)
151 (31.5%)
Bin them  (I live elsewhere in the UK - probably the South or Midlands)
83 (17.3%)
Keep them (I'm not from the UK)
26 (5.4%)
Bin them (I'm not from the UK)
76 (15.8%)
More cheese, Gromit?
41 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 480

Author Topic: Should the UK keep the Royal Family?  (Read 55453 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Should the UK keep the Royal Family?
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2019, 11:13:27 pm »
Nope. Its should be abolished.

If not then ban them from breeding. We dont want more parasites.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2019, 12:13:53 am »
This is a curious one.

The sea beds being part of crown estates is surely just an anachronism. Probably decided about 150 years ago as a legal issue.

I suspect common sense will pertain and all revenues will go to the tax payer.

Per the article, this is just the latest round of bids. Previous wind farms have been paying the crown.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2019, 07:20:29 am »
Per the article, this is just the latest round of bids. Previous wind farms have been paying the crown.
Interesting..  seems odd doesn’t it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2019, 09:33:36 am »
What's CT territory?
'Conspiracy theory' , I believe.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2019, 10:38:30 am »
'Conspiracy theory' , I believe.

Thanks for that.

Was the reference in relation to Epstein's Jewish name?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: July 18, 2019, 10:43:25 am »
Thanks for that.

I would guess it is relation to Price Andrew having a past close friendship with Epstein, supposedly (speculatively?) attending some of those notorious parties at Epstein's private island. The kind of friendship which tends to leave a stain on anyone and everyone associated with such an odious individual.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #326 on: July 18, 2019, 10:47:25 am »
I would guess it is relation to Price Andrew having a past close friendship with Epstein, supposedly (speculatively?) attending some of those notorious parties at Epstein's private island. The kind of friendship which tends to leave a stain on anyone and everyone associated with such an odious individual.

Or more likely the 20 something cricketers gravitated to the younger generation princes and didn't recognise the old twat, irrespective of his dubious associates.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: July 18, 2019, 10:50:44 am »
Or more likely the 20 something cricketers gravitated to the younger generation princes and didn't recognise the old twat, irrespective of his dubious associates.
I was referring to the use of 'CT' and your question about if it could relate to Epstein (as a Jewish name). Though, I should state, I am not sure of the intent of the original poster. I am guessing.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: July 18, 2019, 12:04:13 pm »
I was referring to the use of 'CT' and your question about if it could relate to Epstein (as a Jewish name). Though, I should state, I am not sure of the intent of the original poster. I am guessing.

I brought it up and thought it was noticeable that each the cricketers walked by him and gave him a cursory handshake before walking off the stage, personally i think it was more to do with the fact they didn't really know who he was more than any conspiracy theory. 

As i said if it was Charles, Wills or Harry my guess is they would have stopped and said a few words because they are the recognisable royals, the others are just there feeding off the royal teet

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: July 18, 2019, 12:06:25 pm »
I brought it up and thought it was noticeable that each the cricketers walked by him and gave him a cursory handshake before walking off the stage, personally i think it was more to do with the fact they didn't really know who he was more than any conspiracy theory. 

As i said if it was Charles, Wills or Harry my guess is they would have stopped and said a few words because they are the recognisable royals, the others are just there feeding off the royal teet

Andrew was on the telly the other week and I didn't recognise him and being 52, I'm very familiar with him. As for Edward, I forgot he even existed until he got a mention. Harry is probably the most recognised Royal outside the queen and the dangerous driver these days.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: July 18, 2019, 12:13:17 pm »
I do love the title of this thread, as if there were an option to whisk them down to a basement and execute them like the Romanov family  ;D

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: July 18, 2019, 02:44:18 pm »
I'm not really bothered whether we keep the royal family or not. After we implement a 100% inheritance tax over a modest threshold, they'll not be so priveleged any more anyway.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2019, 03:08:20 pm »
I'm not really bothered whether we keep the royal family or not. After we implement a 100% inheritance tax over a modest threshold, they'll not be so priveleged any more anyway.
I disagree (not with the tax mind you)...

Much of what the royals ‘own’ is in effect some sort of quasi state ownership.  There is the appearance of private ownership without them actually being able to dispose of the assets.

It’s an odd and almost unique thing works wise.

Personally, the curse of being born ‘royal’ wouldn’t be compensated for by the luxurious life style.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: July 18, 2019, 08:15:59 pm »
Thanks for that.

No

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: July 18, 2019, 10:24:37 pm »
I disagree (not with the tax mind you)...

Much of what the royals ‘own’ is in effect some sort of quasi state ownership.  There is the appearance of private ownership without them actually being able to dispose of the assets.

It’s an odd and almost unique thing works wise.

Personally, the curse of being born ‘royal’ wouldn’t be compensated for by the luxurious life style.

It's the 25% cut of the rents on the lands and (ffs) seabeds that bothers me.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:46 am »
They'd be exempted from the tax. Just as HM does not pay income tax.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 19, 2019, 07:47:45 am »
It's the 25% cut of the rents on the lands and (ffs) seabeds that bothers me.
Agreed
W

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 1, 2019, 08:57:54 pm »
An major statement from Prince Harry, who has filed aclaim against Associated Newspapers (publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday) over the misuse of private information, infringement of copyright and breach of the Data Protection Act 2018: http://sussexofficial.uk

“The positive coverage of the past week from these same publications exposes the double standards of this specific press pack that has vilified [Meghan] almost daily for the past nine months; they have been able to create lie after lie at her expense.”

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1179099365534814208

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #338 on: October 2, 2019, 11:54:56 am »
We should keep the royals but promote Meghan to Queen. Or Empress. 

All royal costs would be instantly recouped as gammony heads across the land exploded saving the NHS billions.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #339 on: October 3, 2019, 08:21:38 pm »
simple answer is Yes far better than a president like the tango kid
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 4, 2019, 12:08:42 pm »
The first question is, if yes then do you replace them with an elected head of state? How that would work? I’d bet some real twats would get the job just to milk the cash for as long as they could. Not that the Royals don’t make a stack as it stands now.

I don’t mind the main line of the Royals personally.

The queen in my opinion has served the country well in her 70 odd years on the throne.

Charles seems a bit odd but blimey he’s waited for the main gig long enough

William seems a nice guy but you never can tell really.

As for the the rest then yes you can bin all of them.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 5, 2019, 08:35:09 am »

There are people who literally cannot afford to feed their children. Ask them what they would prefer.

If the royal wealth and lifestyle is such a curse, let them renounce their claims and money.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 5, 2019, 08:36:47 am »
The first question is, if yes then do you replace them with an elected head of state? How that would work? I’d bet some real twats would get the job just to milk the cash for as long as they could. Not that the Royals don’t make a stack as it stands now.

I don’t mind the main line of the Royals personally.

The queen in my opinion has served the country well in her 70 odd years on the throne.

Charles seems a bit odd but blimey he’s waited for the main gig long enough

William seems a nice guy but you never can tell really.

As for the the rest then yes you can bin all of them.

It’s a shame no other republics with an elected ceremonial head of state exist which we could base this on *cough* Ireland *cough*

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2019, 11:36:52 pm »
Interesting that royals accused of sexual assault don’t get trials, just softball interviews with the BBC at Buckingham palace.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #344 on: November 16, 2019, 08:19:46 am »
Interesting that royals accused of sexual assault don’t get trials, just softball interviews with the BBC at Buckingham palace.

Obviously scripted as well

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #345 on: November 16, 2019, 09:09:40 am »
Why didn't anyone tell me if you commit crimes you just say you let the side down and you are sorted?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: November 16, 2019, 10:32:35 am »
His ‘do not remember’ defence should be ripped to shreds. If you don’t remember having sex with a minor 3 times, you’re either lying or it’s such a banal and commonplace occurrence that you don’t remember that specific minor.

I imagine, if he were alive, Mountbatten’s (Alleged) paedophilia and friendship with Jimmy Savile would be similarly swept under the carpet.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 16, 2019, 11:29:52 am »
Wouldn’t say anything too specific on here, but a friend of mine held a very senior position in the overseas office of a British Company.

Prince Andrew visited as part of some trade mission or other a few years back.

He was, apparently, arrogant, nasty, completely disinterested in what he was there for, and an all round insufferable prick.

His list of ‘interesting’ demands for his leisure time were the only thing he cared about. Such demands were placed through his office. This leads me to believe that at some point in the future, the truth about this fella will come out. Too many people involved, too many people know.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 16, 2019, 12:47:25 pm »
The insufferable prick has made one massive mistake here-this will not now go away.

If the BBC can manage to cobble together footage of him denying ever meeting someone

immediately followed by a photo of him with his arm around her in party mode, god help him when the trash start digging,

if they haven't already.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #349 on: November 16, 2019, 02:24:08 pm »
Wouldn’t say anything too specific on here, but a friend of mine held a very senior position in the overseas office of a British Company.

Prince Andrew visited as part of some trade mission or other a few years back.

He was, apparently, arrogant, nasty, completely disinterested in what he was there for, and an all round insufferable prick.

His list of ‘interesting’ demands for his leisure time were the only thing he cared about. Such demands were placed through his office. This leads me to believe that at some point in the future, the truth about this fella will come out. Too many people involved, too many people know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/29/wikileaks-cables-rude-prince-andrew

I thought that was fairly common knowledge after (I think) Cameron’s government fired him from the roving title of ‘special representative’. Insufferable arrogance seems appropriate. Will and harry seem like a decent people with their heart in the right place. I think Andrew would just be an embarrassment to any family.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2019, 03:43:41 pm »
The insufferable prick has made one massive mistake here-this will not now go away.

If the BBC can manage to cobble together footage of him denying ever meeting someone

The BBC is the last place that will be done. The corporation that housed Sir Jimmy Savile is unlikely to look to interrogate the rulers of Britain. At best, individual presenters, knowing how the game works, can let the PR exercise backfire.
If you want footage of people meeting other people, just look at who Sir Jimmy Savile kept company with

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2019, 05:05:36 pm »
nothing wrong with the top group the rest of them not so much and would you rather have a corrupt president Johnson instead?

Also there is a reason why Americans admire our royal family, even moreso since they got the tango kid as president.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2019, 05:44:53 pm »
nothing wrong with the top group the rest of them not so much and would you rather have a corrupt president Johnson instead?

Also there is a reason why Americans admire our royal family, even moreso since they got the tango kid as president.

An elected president will not hold position for life by virtue of birth. I’ve said it before, the same line of thinking that gives us royalty also gives us racism.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2019, 09:58:04 pm »
Get rid.
They serve no purpose other than as a figurehead for the current class system and social inequality.
As for Andrew, a grade A creep and scumbag.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:35 pm »
Randy Andy's performance hasn't changed my mind one bit. No chance ever getting any dirt to stick on his lot though - biggest mafia family in the world.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2019, 10:05:06 pm »
If the purpose of that interview was to come across as a slimy, devious, untrustworthy creep then mission accomplished.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2019, 10:05:29 pm »
We should get rid of the royal family to improve mental health in this country

have you seen how those spectators act who line the streets to watch the royal weddings and suchlike?

they all seem to be suffering from some form of mental issue

fawning over a fellow human is not healthy

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2019, 10:08:42 pm »
We should get rid of the royal family to improve mental health in this country

have you seen how those spectators act who line the streets to watch the royal weddings and suchlike?

they all seem to be suffering from some form of mental issue

fawning over a fellow human is not healthy
I’m sure you didn’t intend too, but I think this demeans people with mental health issues ..

Perhaps you could delete/rephrase?
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2019, 10:28:29 pm »
If the purpose of that interview was to come across as a slimy, devious, untrustworthy creep then mission accomplished.
hes also fucked over the staff at the Woking pizza express

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2019, 10:30:47 pm »
This is so bad he should be sent out for a walk with a revolver..

I’ve not really read much about the Epstein allegations, but even without doing so this is......well, appalling..
W