Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664489 times)

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Divvy needs regular games too. Back end of last season there was a lad who looked like he was going to be a beast for us.

This is the first game I've seen where he looks a bit lazy and looking for a foul. When Woodburn broke Divok was doing nothing to help. I know he was trying to stay onside but why didn't he run in a diagonal to give more options to Woodburn and draw defenders. And later in the game he's standing their looking for a foul instead of getting a cross in. Very frustrating to watch when you know what he's capable of.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
Divock's a beast when he's facing goal and has space to run into. He's an instinctive player - I don't think he's a patch on Sturridge in terms of game intelligence. Unfortunately the latter is never fit.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
This is the first game I've seen where he looks a bit lazy and looking for a foul. When Woodburn broke Divok was doing nothing to help. I know he was trying to stay onside but why didn't he run in a diagonal to give more options to Woodburn and draw defenders. And later in the game he's standing their looking for a foul instead of getting a cross in. Very frustrating to watch when you know what he's capable of.
Saw that, and then he had the cheek to moan at Woodburn for not passing. I personally just find it weird when strikers see a load of space like what Woodburn made and then don't fancy busting a ball to grab a goal. Obviously he's young but it's an irritating trait; heck likes of Babel and Ngog would even like those moves.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Love him but he was poor today.  Needs arrogance

Needs to be more agressive in everything he does, he has the physique for it.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Poor today. He seems to lack the game intelligence to make the most of his gifts

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1725 on: April 17, 2017, 10:37:13 am »
I thought he was boss for us against WBA Yesterday. It's everything I would want from a striker when they don't find the net, he held the ball up well, beat his man consistently, won free kicks high up the pitch and generally looked a threat the entire time he was on.

I couldn't believe there weren't more people singing his praises! He's got all the attributes to be a quality attacker at this club for a good few years, and by the sounds of it he's definitely got the mindset.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1726 on: April 17, 2017, 11:23:27 am »
I thought he was boss for us against WBA Yesterday. It's everything I would want from a striker when they don't find the net, he held the ball up well, beat his man consistently, won free kicks high up the pitch and generally looked a threat the entire time he was on.

yep, the workrate and concentration was certainly there, which hasn't always been the case this season...more performances like that will build his confidence, something that I think he's been lacking since last summer's Euros...I think there's a beast-mode game imminent from him....would love it to be against Alladyce
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: April 17, 2017, 11:54:44 am »
I thought he was comfortably the best player on the pitch in the second half. We suffered when he went off.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: April 17, 2017, 12:39:17 pm »
I must say that I am quite satisfied with Origi's progress this season, both physically and tactically. He is improving all aspects of his game, and he is looking like a player who can be our regular No.9 in the future. People often forget that he is turning just 22 tomorrow.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1729 on: April 17, 2017, 04:36:57 pm »
There were a few times yesterday where we just hit the ball up towards him, the defender gets to it first but Divock just manages to end up with the ball! This lads so strong he just needs to find himself in better shooting positions as it seems like he always drifts out wide looking to cross the ball in when we're attacking.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1730 on: April 17, 2017, 04:56:45 pm »
There were a few times yesterday where we just hit the ball up towards him, the defender gets to it first but Divock just manages to end up with the ball! This lads so strong he just needs to find himself in better shooting positions as it seems like he always drifts out wide looking to cross the ball in when we're attacking.
Would be interested to see how many of his goals have been a result of him waiting in space in the box this season. Feel like its probably all but one of them, yet he seems to prefer not to be in those positions, or he's asked to drift away from them. Hope we can get him back to the performances he was putting in for those few months last season. He's obviously capable of being targetman, off the shoulder and poacher rolled into one.

Yesterday was an improvement in the targetman aspect, just look at how we struggled to get anything going in attack when he came off, and our own long balls started to come back at us time and again.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1731 on: April 17, 2017, 05:04:35 pm »
Really good to see Div making strides again. I was a bit conerned with how he was progressing for a while this season, same with Emre Can, after both took such huge strides last season.

Emre of course, was a lot to do with injury, and then Origi was in the unfortunate (for him) position of being stuck behind 3 forwards who where all playing so well as an unit.   But he's really played an important part in a few games this season now.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: April 17, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »
Didn't score, but I thought it was his best game of the season in terms of his all round game.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1733 on: April 17, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »
An absurd moment I the game when the West Brom player damn near tore his shirt of and the ref gave a foul the other way...

The ref had quite a good game otherwise, but that was a shocking one.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1734 on: April 17, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »
An absurd moment I the game when the West Brom player damn near tore his shirt of and the ref gave a foul the other way...

The ref had quite a good game otherwise, but that was a shocking one.

I think i remember this moment. Origi just had too much power and strength when battling for the ball with Evans, who then took our player down and got fouled somehow
The change is cast

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #1735 on: April 17, 2017, 06:32:54 pm »
I just don't know what to make of Origi. At first I thought he was a nothing player. Then during his hot stretch last year I thought he was a future star. He has all the physical attributes, but who knows if he can put it all together. I'd say his last few performances have been average-ish.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1736 on: April 17, 2017, 06:35:26 pm »
I just don't know what to make of Origi. At first I thought he was a nothing player. Then during his hot stretch last year I thought he was a future star. He has all the physical attributes, but who knows if he can put it all together. I'd say his last few performances have been average-ish.
Next year he's going to be the first name on the team sheet for the cups..

Also, difficult away games after midweek European football...

He will play quite a bit. That's important, as I think he's one of those players who needs rythym in his game.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #1737 on: April 17, 2017, 06:47:16 pm »

He will play quite a bit. That's important, as I think he's one of those players who needs rythym in his game.

Yeah, I think he's definitely going to get his chances. Klopp must rate him if he trusts him over Sturridge. If we let Sturridge go and don't sign another striker that will really speak volumes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: April 17, 2017, 06:56:57 pm »

Yes, next season could be defining for his future at the club.

Also, it would be interesting to see what kind of attacking reinforcements Klopp would get in the summer. If he doesn't buy a central striker of a starting quality, and focuses on a goalscoring wide forward of the Mane type for the other flank, then Origi's chances of establishing himself as our central striker for the future would improve massively.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1739 on: April 17, 2017, 07:06:04 pm »
Yeah, I think he's definitely going to get his chances. Klopp must rate him if he trusts him over Sturridge. If we let Sturridge go and don't sign another striker that will really speak volumes.
Firmino + Origi definitely looks like our top 2 up front, and Sturridge looks done.

Thus, the only question is whether or not Klopp trusts Ings to be our 3rd striker or not.

Given that Firmino can play out wide as well it wouldn't surprise to see another young striker brought in, but I think it all hinges on how much Klopp trusts Ings (and his fitness) rather than how much he trusts Origi (as we already know that he does given that he starts instead of Sturridge).

Offline Mark Wilson

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1740 on: April 17, 2017, 07:26:50 pm »
Thought he was immense yesterday.looked really strong.a proper handful

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: April 17, 2017, 07:45:16 pm »
I'm actually an Origi fan and have generally been incredibly positive about him in the past, but I'd be very disappointed if he was our second choice striker next season. Firmino, Origi and Ings is in no way shape or form the sort of group of strikers we'd need to challenge on multiple fronts.

Got a lot of promise does Origi, and being so young with such an impressive scoring record bodes well, I'd be delighted to have him here long-term as a challenger and third choice, which I think would see him still get plenty of games, but I think there's a very noticeable drop off in our team performances when we play with him up top and he's still very raw. It feels as though we're making do when he plays, rather than him being a legitimate alternative for us.

He's done exceptionally well for his age, but as a group, Firmino, Origi and Ings ain't gonna cut the mustard. Even if we replace Ings, we should be doing so with a better striker than Origi is, and I mean that not as a slight on a young lad with plenty of promise.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: April 17, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »
I'm actually an Origi fan and have generally been incredibly positive about him in the past, but I'd be very disappointed if he was our second choice striker next season. Firmino, Origi and Ings is in no way shape or form the sort of group of strikers we'd need to challenge on multiple fronts.

I would be fine if Firmino, Origi and Ings are our strikers next season, as long as Klopp signs a top goalscoring wide forward of the Mane type for the other flank.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: April 17, 2017, 11:29:10 pm »
I would be fine if Firmino, Origi and Ings are our strikers next season, as long as Klopp signs a top goalscoring wide forward of the Mane type for the other flank.

I'd say we need one of those anyway - we desperately needed one this season, and it's one of the reasons we're scrapping for fourth and not challenging for the title. Then we arguably need another one on top of that next season, due to the extra games.

I wouldn't even count Ings, as harsh as it sounds. He wasn't really of the required quality before, I doubt he's going to be after 2 huge knee injuries and missing 2 years of football. He might not even be fit for the start of next season, and even if he is I daresay he's gonna be a long way from full fitness (just look how often he was used coming back from his first knee injury).

We looked thin up top this year as it was without European competition, and we're losing one this summer (OK, he only played 11 games worth of football this year, but it's still 11 games). We need to replace Sturridge, and not with Ings... Be mad to go into next season with those three as our strikers, imo.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: April 17, 2017, 11:47:03 pm »
I'd say we need one of those anyway - we desperately needed one this season, and it's one of the reasons we're scrapping for fourth and not challenging for the title. Then we arguably need another one on top of that next season, due to the extra games.

I wouldn't even count Ings, as harsh as it sounds. He wasn't really of the required quality before, I doubt he's going to be after 2 huge knee injuries and missing 2 years of football. He might not even be fit for the start of next season, and even if he is I daresay he's gonna be a long way from full fitness (just look how often he was used coming back from his first knee injury).

We looked thin up top this year as it was without European competition, and we're losing one this summer (OK, he only played 11 games worth of football this year, but it's still 11 games). We need to replace Sturridge, and not with Ings... Be mad to go into next season with those three as our strikers, imo.

As I suggested in the Sturridge thread, I wouldn't mind us selling him in the summer, and reinvesting the money in some promising young striker (like Dolberg) who can develop behind Firmino and Origi. Still, I think that a left sided goascoring forward of the starting quality is the highest attacking priority for us this summer.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #1745 on: April 18, 2017, 02:12:05 am »
Been a fan for a while and it's great to see him step up when he has to. Keep it up lad!

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: April 18, 2017, 03:51:17 am »
I like Origi when he plays with a target man mentality.  I don't think he realises just how strong and powerful he is. 

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #1747 on: April 18, 2017, 03:55:01 am »
I'd be happy with Origi as our second-choice striker, but sadly think Sturridge and Ings can't be relied upon eve as just options. We then need another striker and hopefully another winger, which would mean Firmino doesn't get shifted out wide when Mane or Coutinho are out. As it stands Firmino is both our first choice striker and our second choice RW and LW, which is asking for trouble. We've been very lucky he's stayed fit otherwise we could be oh so majorly fucked.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: April 18, 2017, 04:05:35 am »
Origi is a good player and his strength really helped get the points at West Brom. He has more improvement to come, but he's well worth his place in the squad Klopp is shaping. For next season I fully expect Firmino, Origi and another striker to be signed; with Sturridge sold and zings still here but continuing on the long road back from what he's been through. (In time I expect he will be sold too, as I'm not sure the quality is quite there, but now is the time for encouragement and hard work as he fights to come back again).

We also need a left winger who will weigh in with goals too, but that doesn't preclude the need to sign another striker this summer.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: April 18, 2017, 04:05:44 am »
Showed great physicality and strength particularly in the 2nd half against WBA. Just needs to do that on a more consistent basis, and constantly harass centre halves with his physical abilities and he could become a real menace. He's capable of scoring amazing goals, but needs to get his movement and positioning right and start to put away chances. Its early days, but from what I saw against WBA, there's plenty to be hopeful of from Origi.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #1750 on: April 18, 2017, 05:03:22 am »
I like origi.

Whats disappointing for me is he doesn't make the runs sturridge or top strikers make. Top class strikers bust their guts to get into the position to score.

There was one occasion where firmino and coutinho were aroudn the edge of the box. If origi made a diagonal run chance is there but he stands still and they take it on themselves.

He needs to improve his runs,. 

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #1751 on: April 18, 2017, 06:27:04 am »
I like origi.

Whats disappointing for me is he doesn't make the runs sturridge or top strikers make. Top class strikers bust their guts to get into the position to score.

There was one occasion where firmino and coutinho were aroudn the edge of the box. If origi made a diagonal run chance is there but he stands still and they take it on themselves.

He needs to improve his runs,.

Wish he would make runs like Augero. That guy is small but makes great runs, timed beautifully into the box to make himself a little room to score.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1752 on: April 18, 2017, 07:03:14 am »
Wish he would make runs like Augero. That guy is small but makes great runs, timed beautifully into the box to make himself a little room to score.
Origi is still only 21, but has already scored at a rate of a goal per 180mins in the last two seasons which is a pretty good record.

He should be aiming to kick on from that though, and once he develops his movement in the box he'll surely score more considering the service he received from the likes of Coutinho, Mané, etc

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #1753 on: April 18, 2017, 07:50:28 am »
I think Sturridge will go and we'll sign 2 forwards (1 for the flanks and 1 for the middle). Migs will get the chance to get fit and then probably be sold next summer (unless he recovers remarkably well from 2 years out!).

I reckon Origi will be given next year and maybe even the next  to progress, by then at the grand old age of 24, we will know exactly where he's at and what he's about.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1754 on: April 18, 2017, 10:30:12 am »
Happy Birthday Divock!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1755 on: April 18, 2017, 09:31:04 pm »
I think Sturridge will go and we'll sign 2 forwards (1 for the flanks and 1 for the middle).

Are you writing off Ings? Not slagging off, just curious.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #1756 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:22 pm »

He will be loaned out if not sold.  He won't have played for nearly two seasons.
Internet terrorist

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1757 on: April 18, 2017, 09:48:52 pm »
I think the fact that he isn't really a natural fit to play out wide (as well as up front) counts against him, as Klopp will surely want someone more versatile in attack than simply a 3rd striker to warm the bench all year.

For example, someone like Timo Werner has the pace to play on the wing as well as at CF, meaning that he's a genuine alternative to Mané, whereas Ings will never replace Mané's pace in the side.

I reckon there will be a fair few lower table/Championship sides interested in taking a punt on him, given that he does have a very good track record at that level.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1758 on: April 19, 2017, 11:21:57 pm »
Origi is on this chart, and at 21 you'd fancy him to improve even more next season...

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: April 22, 2017, 10:50:41 pm »
Looking at that we should try to sign Timo Werner. Very productive, good age, doable signing. Sturridge needs to move on as he misses too much football.