Author Topic: Which Airline?  (Read 115702 times)

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Which Airline?
« Reply #1160 on: April 11, 2024, 08:24:24 pm »
Another 4 flights with Emirates on the A380 to Bangkok and back. Had two seats to myself on one flight and a whole row to myself on another flight. So comfortable and smooth. Had a couple of warnings off the pilot about expecting a rough 10 minutes of turbulence.

It lasted about 30 seconds each time  :lmao :lmao This big bastard of a plane doesnt do turbulence. It just swats it away.  :lmao :lmao

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: April 12, 2024, 11:20:17 am »
On a Sing Air 380. Downstairs but still boss. Great plane

Going to Singapore / AUS next year and making sure we get out on the A380 just to say we've done it.
How is Singapore's economy product ?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1162 on: April 12, 2024, 12:18:12 pm »
Flying to Japan with BA or maybe JAL as they do a codeshare with them, this will be in September, apparently its on an A350 which should be quite nice as they are fairly new, direct London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda, 13 hrs and 55 mins long!

Edit: according to current info it is actually a 7 year old 787-9 - https://uk.trip.com/flights/status-ba005/

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: April 12, 2024, 12:59:58 pm »
Going to Singapore / AUS next year and making sure we get out on the A380 just to say we've done it.

If they do the same as Emirates and have an economy upstairs, they and get in there, its ace.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1164 on: April 12, 2024, 03:47:52 pm »
What if they put you on this plane? (Yes its used for commercial flights)  ;D

HA I did say to my boss if that was at the gate i old not be getting on it!

A380 from T4 at Heathrow to Abu Dhabi then A320 (NOT THAT ONE) to Chennai.

Heathrow lounge was excellent. Good food and champagne glass re filled whenever getting towards empty.

A380, Service and food excellent. comfortable seat if a little hard but the memory foam thing they give for the bed helped it.

A320 was old school European Business class with big recliners. Actually slept better on that leg than the 1st!

Overall good product but wouldnt choose Etihad over Emirates if using my own money.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: April 13, 2024, 08:37:46 am »

It’s really decent, the A380 was very comfortable. The seat design, charging points all spot on. That 12 hour flight from Manchester or London though - yikes too long.
The butterfly garden is good in T3 - even for a short layover is worth a look.
One of our group got bumped up to premium economy and the seat looked great (they have 2 seats where there are 3 further back). I’d go for that if it’s not too expensive.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: April 13, 2024, 08:45:57 am »
It’s really decent, the A380 was very comfortable. The seat design, charging points all spot on. That 12 hour flight from Manchester or London though - yikes too long.
One of our group got bumped up to premium economy and the seat looked great (they have 2 seats where there are 3 further back). I’d go for that if it’s not too expensive.

I honest don't know how people are going to be doing the non stoppers from Sydney to London when Quantas bring it in. The first class suites look like a hotel room, but 22 hours in economy, no thanks.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: April 13, 2024, 04:28:19 pm »
^ I know. I was reading about that recently too long. Remember back in the day you could hang out in the galley and have a smoke - often with the pilot  ;D

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1168 on: April 14, 2024, 06:30:58 pm »
We went to NZ with Singapore Airlines on Premium Economy and it was brilliant. But we did it pre-Brexit. The pound was strong against the Euro and we discovered that the flights were much cheaper from Amsterdam and Paris. Even with the short haul flight from the UK and a night's accommodation at the departure airport, we saved a huge amount and it was worth the extra cost given the length of flight.
Agree about the butterfly garden. We deliberately left a lengthy layover in case there were any delays in the first leg of our journey so we hopped on the train and spent some time in Marina Bay Sands. The public transport was cheap and it was easy to get out of the airport (they don't do queues in Changi)

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: April 14, 2024, 10:38:47 pm »
^ yeah Changi is pretty awesome. If your bags are delayed (like 10 minutes), they bring you a snack and a drink  ;D

The jewel waterfall thing is worth a look too if you’ve got the time