Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo  (Read 24319 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo
« Reply #200 on: June 4, 2017, 01:56:32 pm »
Call me when Messi or C.Ronaldo are clapped off in their fiercest rivals ground.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: June 4, 2017, 01:57:12 pm »
Call me when Messi or C.Ronaldo are clapped off in their fiercest rivals ground.

Didn't that happen to Iniesta too?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: June 4, 2017, 01:59:00 pm »

Messi did that in 2009 against Real, he scored 2 and assisted 2.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: June 4, 2017, 02:00:19 pm »
Fair do's I didn't know that but point still stands.  :D

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #204 on: June 4, 2017, 02:12:03 pm »
He's undoubtedly one of the greatest forwards to have ever played the game, and as a physical specimen of an athlete he could well have been created in the laboratory as the 'perfect' striker. Convincingly one of the top 3 (attacking/goalscoring) footballers of all time, without a doubt top 5.

However, compare each of their individual footballing skills side-by-side, with one final important talent being just how much pleasure their play brings to the eye of a neutral football fan, and Messi comes out on top. Easily, I'd argue.

Ronaldo converts like a motherfucker, but rarely creates. The vast majority of his goals have been largely constructed by his brilliant teammates with him putting the big red bow on them, in comparison to Messi's conjuring of so many magical goals out of absolutely nothing. And the sheer variety of Messi's conversions, particularly in regards to set pieces, put Ronaldo to shame somewhat. He's still utterly amazing, and will deservedly win the Ballon d'Or this year, but he'd have to do more than just put goals away prolifically, whatever the size of the occasion, to truly ever eclipse a pure football sorcerer like Mess
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 4, 2017, 02:12:14 pm »
Stop being a hipster Sami
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #206 on: June 4, 2017, 04:16:22 pm »
How? How is he a better player? Genuinely asking. I can't understand how anyone could actually watch them play football and think Ronaldo is even close to Messi never mind better.

Messi is better in every single aspect of the game other than scoring goals. Where they are level.

Messi is great too but Ronaldo has carried his teams (Real and Portugal) to win finals and league titles.  If his name was Gerrard we would sang his name but he is a oily c*nt who used to play for the mancs and has an airport named after him 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 4, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »
I feel very dirty, but I'm almost starting to appreciate Ronaldo. Such an amazing player.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 4, 2017, 04:19:37 pm »
I feel very dirty, but I'm almost starting to appreciate Ronaldo. Such an amazing player.
Why feel dirty about it? Nothing wrong with appreciating a remarkable player.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 4, 2017, 04:21:46 pm »
i'm just thankful real got him out of manchester, imagine if he ended up staying there. 80 mil looks a bargain now

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #210 on: June 4, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »
Saying Ronaldo has carried Real to titles does a massive disservce to the quality of his teammates imo

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 4, 2017, 04:24:01 pm »
Messi is great too but Ronaldo has carried his teams (Real and Portugal) to win finals and league titles.  If his name was Gerrard we would sang his name but he is a oily c*nt who used to play for the mancs and has an airport named after him

How has he carried his team? Real Madrid have a bloody load of great players. And Portugal won the final without him. Although he still did all he could to make it about himself with his ridiculous antics on the touch line.

He is an amazing goal scorer. One of the best ever. He's absolutely brilliant and I doubt we'll ever see another like him in our life time after he and Messi go. But as a pure footballer, it isn't even close in my opinion. Messi is so far ahead.

If the discussion is GOAT goalscorer then I think it's a debate. If the discussion is GOAT footballer, then it's a landslide in Messi's favour.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: June 4, 2017, 04:47:19 pm »
ronaldo got applauded off at anfield a few years ago

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 4, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »

What final did he carry Portugal to win?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 4, 2017, 05:22:20 pm »
What final did he carry Portugal to win?

First player manager to win the euros.

Respect

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #215 on: June 4, 2017, 05:33:00 pm »
Messi is challenged and he has a go back, Ronaldo goes down like a sack of shit.
Messi has the ball taken off him he tries to get it back, Ronaldo appeals to the ref with his" that must have been a foul, I'm Cristiano" face on.
The opposition score Messi gets on with the game, Ronaldo smirks at his team mates and shakes his head "why are you letting me down?  why do I have to play with these inferior twats?" (He did it last night)

That's the real difference between the two - humility. 
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #216 on: June 4, 2017, 05:46:52 pm »
Messi is challenged and he has a go back, Ronaldo goes down like a sack of shit.
Messi has the ball taken off him he tries to get it back, Ronaldo appeals to the ref with his" that must have been a foul, I'm Cristiano" face on.
The opposition score Messi gets on with the game, Ronaldo smirks at his team mates and shakes his head "why are you letting me down?  why do I have to play with these inferior twats?" (He did it last night)

That's the real difference between the two - humility. 

Messi used to work hard to get the ball back after losing it when he was playing under Pep but he only does it half the time now and he's also not adverse to diving or whingeing at the ref like Ronaldo does.  Heis every bit as arrogant, just assuming he could get away with not paying his taxes just because he's Messi.  And there's loads of stories about Ronaldo being a really good guy off the pitch, how he behaves on it isn't really any reflection of him as a person.  Same with Suarez.

On the overall debate you can't really compare Ronaldo with Messi, they're different players.  Ronaldo has been a pure goal scorer for the past few years and someone like Pele would be a more apt comparison because they both scored insane amounts but also had a lot of flair to their game.  Messi is more comparable with Maradona.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #217 on: June 4, 2017, 05:49:18 pm »
He's a prick but he's certainly up there with the likes of Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Ronaldo, Di Stefano, Best etc.

But he's not up there with Messi
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: June 4, 2017, 05:51:13 pm »
He's a prick but he's certainly up there with the likes of Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Ronaldo, Di Stefano, Best etc.

But he's not up there with Messi

I think I can agree with that. I don't think he has enough time to surpass Messi but certainly can see him nailing down that #2 spot firmly.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: June 4, 2017, 06:07:27 pm »
Very hard to compare players from different eras.

His goal scoring record is beyond exceptional , Ronaldo is a machine, Messi is a genius.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 4, 2017, 06:15:10 pm »
Very hard to compare players from different eras.

His goal scoring record is beyond exceptional , Ronaldo is a machine, Messi is a genius.

Romario and his not in any way made up number of goals begs to differ.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: June 4, 2017, 06:27:08 pm »
At his absolute best, Messi was better than Ronaldo at his best. But overall, Ronaldo is better. He has been for most of the last 4 years and he is older. The last year where he basically led his national team and club team to European glory seals it for him. He is ahead of Messi now.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: June 4, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »
At his absolute best, Messi was better than Ronaldo at his best. But overall, Ronaldo is better. He has been for most of the last 4 years and he is older. The last year where he basically led his national team and club team to European glory seals it for him. He is ahead of Messi now.
Ronaldo really wasn't that great for Portugal in the Euros. He scored, what, 1 or 2 goals in the group stage? And the final obviously had little to do with him as well
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: June 4, 2017, 06:34:07 pm »
Ronaldo really wasn't that great for Portugal in the Euros. He scored, what, 1 or 2 goals in the group stage? And the final obviously had little to do with him as well

He wasn't but he captained them and was their top scorer.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: June 4, 2017, 06:44:56 pm »
Mesi seems more naturally talented with ball skills. Ronaldo seems more driven and the better all around athlete and performer. Ronaldo for me.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 4, 2017, 06:53:39 pm »
Technically you're right as I believe that by then UEFA had changed the ruling that allows players who didn't play in a final to receive a medal. Blah bla bla
Technically nothing.. he has won 4 european cups
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: June 4, 2017, 06:58:22 pm »
The only reason people are saying Ronaldo is better is because they are comparing him to the current Messi, who is in decline , as much as it pains me to see.

Peak Messi is untouchable, Ronaldo never got to those levels.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: June 4, 2017, 06:59:21 pm »
A lot of people dont want to admit it, but if Messi wasnt declining, there wouldnt even be a comparison, let alone one where Ronaldo comes out on top.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: June 4, 2017, 06:59:52 pm »
The only reason people are saying Ronaldo is better is because they are comparing him to the current Messi, who is in decline , as much as it pains me to see.

Peak Messi is untouchable, Ronaldo never got to those levels.

I'm convinced you only post this to see how many fish you catch
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #229 on: June 4, 2017, 07:00:31 pm »

Wait....what?

Finkel is Einhorn? Einhorn is Finkel?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: June 4, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
Messi still looks pretty amazing to me. I've always been Team Ronaldo but Messi is the GOAT

His numbers are as good as Ronaldo and he is more magical and has won more. Ronaldo doing it for 2 clubs makes up the deficit plus he has a more aspirational quality to him seeing how he has pretty much grafted his way into the ATG discussion. Obviously Messi has worked very very hard as well but watch his videos at 10/11. He has always been a monster.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #231 on: June 4, 2017, 07:04:12 pm »
Why are you making out Messi is Emile Heskey.

Ha ha. You don't half chat shit lad ;D
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: June 4, 2017, 07:04:36 pm »
I'm convinced you only post this to see how many fish you catch

Its an articulate way of saying I told you so, better than just pointing at someone and laughing deliriously.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 4, 2017, 07:14:17 pm »
So in 2016/2017, Messi has scored 54 goals and has 17 assists. Ronaldo has 42 goals, and 11 assists.

The way some of you are talking it's as if Messi has done fuck all this year. Massive decline that

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 4, 2017, 07:25:30 pm »
Ha ha. You don't half chat shit lad ;D
Acknowledge my point. You bang on about goals...the stats are incredibly similar.. messi scored TWELVE more goals this season, doubt your assed.. wum troll
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: June 4, 2017, 07:28:34 pm »
i'm just thankful real got him out of manchester, imagine if he ended up staying there. 80 mil looks a bargain now
Same here. Ronaldo knocking them out of the CL was glorious

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: June 4, 2017, 07:35:17 pm »
Ronaldo carries Real Madrid? C'mon that's a huge stretch.

Real Madrid have some amazing players to go with Ronaldo. The idea that Ronaldo is carrying them on his back is ridiculous.

Ronaldo scores goals and lots of them. I still think his influence outside the goals is getting less and less but it doesn't matter when you have someone so ruthless in front of goal.

Better than Messi? Not a chance.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2017, 07:37:02 pm by puroresu_kid »

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #237 on: June 4, 2017, 07:39:54 pm »
One of the greatest of all time, but he's not as far behind Messi as people make him out to be. If he was, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: June 4, 2017, 08:10:26 pm »
Purely on a theoretical level, it'd have been great to watch Messi and Ronaldo in one team. Though in reality, it wouldn't just work.

Ronaldinho-Messi and Ronaldinho-Ronaldo would have worked pretty well though.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 4, 2017, 08:15:23 pm »
Ronaldo carries Real Madrid? C'mon that's a huge stretch.

Real Madrid have some amazing players to go with Ronaldo. The idea that Ronaldo is carrying them on his back is ridiculous.

Ronaldo scores goals and lots of them. I still think his influence outside the goals is getting less and less but it doesn't matter when you have someone so ruthless in front of goal.

Better than Messi? Not a chance.
Agreed. Ronaldo "carrying" thing is overblown at this point. He is very consistent and dependable, but carrying he is not.

For years, Madrid used to be a collection of star players. But in recent 4-5 years, they became very good as a team. They are a highly functional team. And conversely, Barca went backwards on that front. Barca used to be the ultimate team under Pep, but after Pep's departure, we became more and more individualistic. Some praised as "vertical" football at the time, and it ended up landing a CL to Barca with trio doing much of the work. However, in the past 2 seasons, it is becoming increasingly clear that Barca have now become completely reliant on individuals, particularly Messi.

In conclusion, if we are comparing who is carrying who, at this point, it is more evident that Messi is carrying Barca rather than Ronaldo carrying Madrid. Messi have not carried Barca to CL or league title this season, but he still DOES carry us. There is very little team game at Barca, it's like, Messi's game is Barca's team game. Neymar is also getting there in terms of playmaking. I feel like Madrid can exchange parts in their team and still perform well. They have become a very good team.