Author Topic: A decision On The New Stadium or Redevelopment of Anfield could be 2 Years Away  (Read 35709 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
But i guess it would be worth it to get the brand new stand rather than trying to fit out an older one?

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
Found out late friday that we are deffo looking to go down the redevelopment route, in the newcastle style way three tiers cent,annie,main stand.
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Found out late friday that we are deffo looking to go down the redevelopment route, in the newcastle style way three tiers cent,annie,main stand.

Ooooh Kinky. Cheers mate. I like.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
But i guess it would be worth it to get the brand new stand rather than trying to fit out an older one?

Not really: either way the seat and facilities would be just as good.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
But how? with an old stand you would only have the limited space that can stand can bring, new stand bigger footprint?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
But how? with an old stand you would only have the limited space that can stand can bring, new stand bigger footprint?

Yes

Offline selas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Look at the Phoenix Rising From the Flame$
Hi Guys

Did you see the owners yesterday on LFCTV, between the lines, they sort of suggested a redeveloped Anified might be a preferred option.

Also Parliament votes tomorrow on a private member's bill, which would allow clubs to construct safe terraced areas at their stadiums.

If this bill is passed should we consider making Anny end and the KOP "safe standing" zones, leaving the two side stands fully seated.

We all understand that this is a sensitive area ( Kenny has already commented on it as a "huge insult" ) but I and I think many others disagree with him here.

Whats your view - personally I cant think of anywhere better where safe standing be implemented first and properly than at Anfield.

Surely such safe standing, properly implemented, will be better than the current unofficial "standing" in the KOP...

and of course wouldn't it allow us to increase capacity (albeit not at the detriment of safety ) at relatively low cost.

Interested in hearing your views.
"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
You can get in about double the numbers but at probably half the price...

From the Hillsborough report and from my own experience, I'm convinced it does not have to be dangerous. I was out of the country at the time but I know people who escaped from the crush. From their experience, they reason that standing was not the issue. I also (dimly) remember Ibrox and touching one step in ten coming down the back of the Kop but all that madness has gone. Obviously it's done in Germany and there is provision for it in the UK building regulations - it's simply not allowed for premiership football.

Of a certain age, we've all got fond memories of standing on the Kop despite (maybe even because of) the inconveniences. It's a raw subject and I can understand the many who may never accept it no matter the safeguards (basically a barrier on every row). Maybe it wouldn't be the same as the old days but it does give the opportunity for getting younger fans in which is great in the long term and will rebuild the atmosphere. However I just don't see it happening unless, as Ian Ayre says, it's absolutely proven, safe and legal AND it's generally accepted as being so.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
Surely such safe standing, properly implemented, will be better than the current unofficial "standing" in the KOP...
and of course wouldn't it allow us to increase capacity (albeit not at the detriment of safety ) at relatively low cost.Interested in hearing your views.
All seater stadia as a blunt instrument have worked both in terms of crowd safety, and behaviour.

The current trend for standing in seated areas is retrograde.

Either the all seater regulations are enforced- or designated standing areas, in whichever shape or form, are accepted, so that people can return to having a choice as to whether to sit, or stand.

There is no money in it for PL Clubs having standing - only cost, therefore it wont happen.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
All seater stadia as a blunt instrument have worked both in terms of crowd safety, and behaviour.

Either the all seater regulations are enforced- or designated standing areas, in whichever shape or form, are accepted, so that people can return to having a choice as to whether to sit, or stand.

There is no money in it for PL Clubs having standing - only cost, therefore it wont happen.

Agreed. No financial incentive there.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

How's that? You greatly increase capacity. For an initial outlay, you increase your long term earning potential. You also increase merchandiasing, food and drink revenues potentially.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Yeah I dont get the no financial incentive comment. Surely standing equals more £ per sqft of stadium as you can fit more fans in when standing as you would with seating.

Surely construction costs would be lower too as could decrease size of stand needed to fit in the same amount of fans as if seated.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
There will never be a return to the old over crowded terraces. The safe model is generally based on one ticket one standing area, which would be expensive to implement for just the same returns as seating.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
There will never be a return to the old over crowded terraces. The safe model is generally based on one ticket one standing area, which would be expensive to implement for just the same returns as seating.

The safe standing I have seen in Germany, etc. definitely manages to fit more fans in to the same area as seating would.

I have no idea at all over the costs of construction that either would cost, but I fail to see how making safe seating would be much cheaper, if at all, than making safe standing. Certainly not enough for the added returns to be ignored.

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
Well, I hope they take the atmosphere into consideration when discussing potentially increased revenue. The clubs would most likely charge less for the safe stands than seats but at the same time being able to get a few more people in, so in that area not much of a difference should be expected. Although more people means more money spent on merchandise, in kiosks etc. and I believe that the atmosphere would get a whole lot better with standing areas which adds to the "entertainment value" for everyone with more expensive tickets and also the sponsors. I bet half the people travelling to Anfield these days to see a game don't go for the excellent football, but just as much for the famous atmosphere of the Kop. The football isn't that good anymore, and the Kop has seen better days, and I wonder how long the good reputation will stick if we are out of the big games for much longer.

Cheaper tickets would help increase the atmosphere to former glory days and make it easier to maintain that reputation. Since the club is not in London, we either need to be playing very attractive football or offer a great atmosphere to attract outsiders with money to spend so the locals don't have to. What business man or tourist would go from London to Bolton for a game? No one. Arsenal are London based, play great football but lacks in atmosphere, same as Chelsea. They attract people. Manchester United are successful and can play great football as well, so people are willing to leave London to go there for a game. We used to be great in both aspects and really need to be great at at least one of the two to be able to compete these days, and a large safe standing area could really help us get our revenues up even if the overall incomes from tickets sales would be the same.