Author Topic: New stadium when we get new owners?  (Read 88393 times)

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Re: New stadium when we get new owners?
« Reply #40 on: August 6, 2010, 09:50:53 am »
still dont want a new stadium, surely if everton can renovate goodison park there something we can do with anfield! those house around anfield how many people even live in them now 1 or 2 people they all seem boarded up, we leave anfield were leaving one of the most iconic things about liverpool fc! so much history and tradition there that could never be replicated by a new stadium!

any new owner needs to look into building anfield up rather then knocking it down!

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #41 on: August 6, 2010, 09:59:36 am »
Its not gonna happen brownie, We have to have a new stadium i think people should just accept it

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #42 on: August 6, 2010, 10:34:22 pm »
still dont want a new stadium, surely if everton can renovate goodison park there something we can do with anfield! those house around anfield how many people even live in them now 1 or 2 people they all seem boarded up, we leave anfield were leaving one of the most iconic things about liverpool fc! so much history and tradition there that could never be replicated by a new stadium!

any new owner needs to look into building anfield up rather then knocking it down!
everton are not renovating goodison they are just building a new shop and officess in the carpark at the parkend.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 7, 2010, 01:01:12 pm »
everton are not renovating goodison they are just building a new shop and officess in the carpark at the parkend.
yeah but there getting rid of all the offices in goodison to create more seating area or so ive been told?

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: August 7, 2010, 02:15:05 pm »
Here is a few stadiums from China that may or may not inspire you

wow, but once we get taken over I would still go with the HKS design, regardless of our owners I think that stadium looks pretty impressive and unique, the stadium relates to Liverpool it was designed with Liverppol in mine, i.e. big kop, no bowl shape stadium or stands, all stand different or seperate like current stadium.
I would hate it if new owners come in scrap the current designs and and start designing their own stadium, that would not relate to Liverpool like a bowl shaped stadium like Arsenals or Wembley.
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #45 on: August 7, 2010, 07:24:35 pm »
Aviva Stadium, aka the New Landsdown Road

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #46 on: August 8, 2010, 10:56:22 pm »
agree with F412OUK i do really like the HKS design, only thing if it gets done is we will allways be remined of the two cowboys forever

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #47 on: August 9, 2010, 06:50:42 am »
I'd like the new owners to build the new stadium as presently designed.

It looks great. Far better than the generic bowls common today
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #48 on: August 9, 2010, 08:12:11 am »
I think they will stick with the current design, wouldn't make sense to start from scratch again, especially time wise, i.e applying for planning permission etc.

Plus I think new investors will need to take on board the planning restrictions upon us due to building in the park, obviously all those exotic, weird and wonderful designs from China are a non starter!

I like the HKS design, it's got a huge single tier kop and it stands out as the most unique stadium in British football, not everyone's cup of tea, but it'll do for me.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline F412OUK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: August 9, 2010, 05:30:43 pm »
agree with F412OUK i do really like the HKS design, only thing if it gets done is we will allways be remined of the two cowboys forever

Whilst we all hate the yank owners, and everyone always says the stadium will remind them of the yanks, there are lots of other things people dont complain about, i.e they also bought Torres, Masch etc. For me once they've gone, they've gone and I wouldn't bother about them after that.

I think they will stick with the current design, wouldn't make sense to start from scratch again, especially time wise, i.e applying for planning permission etc.

Plus I think new investors will need to take on board the planning restrictions upon us due to building in the park, obviously all those exotic, weird and wonderful designs from China are a non starter!

I like the HKS design, it's got a huge single tier kop and it stands out as the most unique stadium in British football, not everyone's cup of tea, but it'll do for me.

My point exactly, I see a lot of stunning new shiny stadiums, and think they look beautiful, then I ask myself would I like that stadium for my club, and the answer is a straight no, cos it doesn't represent or relate to liverpool football club, but HKS really did hit the nail on the head with their designs.
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 9, 2010, 06:30:33 pm »
I may be wrong but this is where our possible new owners call their home office ....might give you an idea of wat they think is architectural appealing to them

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #51 on: August 9, 2010, 08:26:26 pm »
I hpe they stick to the first H & G design (not the cheaper, later one). That one had the sky walk and the other stuff that was subsequently cut.

Offline illustrator28

• Main Stander
  • THE NIGHT IS DARKEST BEFORE DAYLIGHT BREAKS
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 10:35:17 am »
I hpe they stick to the first H & G design (not the cheaper, later one). That one had the sky walk and the other stuff that was subsequently cut.

I agree, the first one really got me salavating at the mouth. Especially the thick curved steel kop end that really was unique and a great talking point
THE NIGHT IS DARKEST BEFORE DAYLIGHT BREAKS

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 01:10:22 pm »
Whilst we all hate the yank owners, and everyone always says the stadium will remind them of the yanks, there are lots of other things people dont complain about, i.e they also bought Torres, Masch etc.

No. They didn't buy Torres and Mascherano. Rafael Benitez bought them on behalf of Liverpool Football Club, using the resources of Liverpool Football Club, which they own through loading debt onto the club at the expense of those resources. Get it right.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 01:37:46 pm »
No. They didn't buy Torres and Mascherano. Rafael Benitez bought them on behalf of Liverpool Football Club, using the resources of Liverpool Football Club, which they own through loading debt onto the club at the expense of those resources. Get it right.

to be honest i think it would be good for all to actually remember the yanks we mustnt forget what they done to this club!

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 07:31:45 am »
I'd like the new owners to build the new stadium as presently designed.

It looks great. Far better than the generic bowls common today

Agreed it looks great. But read somewhere on these forums that there could be a problem of adequate sunlight inside which can cause problems with the pitch (a la Wembley).
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:58 am »
Agreed it looks great. But read somewhere on these forums that there could be a problem of adequate sunlight inside which can cause problems with the pitch (a la Wembley).
More of a american football design that a proper football stadium and i think it will show

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 03:46:13 pm »
wow, but once we get taken over I would still go with the HKS design, regardless of our owners I think that stadium looks pretty impressive and unique, the stadium relates to Liverpool it was designed with Liverppol in mine, i.e. big kop, no bowl shape stadium or stands, all stand different or seperate like current stadium.
I would hate it if new owners come in scrap the current designs and and start designing their own stadium, that would not relate to Liverpool like a bowl shaped stadium like Arsenals or Wembley.
It will have three sides. It will be an abomination and a permanent piss take.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2010, 02:11:18 am »

I don't think that there was anything wrong with this design, actually ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZGrE3PuEc

With some small improvements (single-tiered Kop, improved corporate hospitality), it would have been the perfect design for LFC ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2010, 08:56:57 am »
I don't think that there was anything wrong with this design, actually ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZGrE3PuEc

With some small improvements (single-tiered Kop, improved corporate hospitality), it would have been the perfect design for LFC ...

A bit generic but i liked it, And yes could of easily included a single tiered kop in it

It just loooks more like a football stadium than what the yanks have come up with, And i worry that these american architects who have NEVER designed a football stadium before may have got it wrong somewhere and it just wont feel right, if that makes sense? Alan_F knows what im on bout

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 01:37:33 am »
A bit generic but i liked it, And yes could of easily included a single tiered kop in it

Yes, you might say that it is a bit generic, but it is definitely a football stadium, as opposed to the G&H design ...

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2010, 04:34:14 am »
Everyone should bear in mind that a new stadium will cost about £40m a year.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:21 am »
Could quite easily of done a kop in that stadium

Me personally i would of love to of seen HOK Sport design our ground

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2010, 11:44:53 am »

Out of interest, what are you basing that figure on?

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2010, 10:58:19 pm »

Between 8% to 12% return to the investor

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 04:19:55 pm »
Yes, you might say that it is a bit generic, but it is definitely a football stadium, as opposed to the G&H design ...

Terrible stadium.
Nothing unique about that at all.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2010, 08:20:02 am »
Id still rather that

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2010, 08:48:28 am »
Terrible stadium.
Nothing unique about that at all.

Err - the people that use it?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2010, 12:01:19 pm »
keep the design as its all been approved and its the only thing that the 2 clowns have got right!

Fuck that, I dont want that design. It'll be a constant reminder of the Hicks and Gillet era, everytime you'll look at that stadium you'll be reminded of them. I dont care if that sets us back a while longer, I want a new design.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2010, 12:33:26 pm »
So what is it you would suggest? Spend a further X-amount of millions on yet more plans and spend more time waiting for it to be approved? A constructed 61,000 capacity stadium is better than a set of drawings lying around on an architects desk!

That's not an argument for building it. If your think it's the best football stadium we could build (not a bastardised NFL stadium) then fair enough. But to build it just because H&G spunked away tens of million in fees is not a good reason. Any new stadium will be there for 60 years at least maybe a hundred years or more - building the wrong design will cost a lot more in the long run. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2010, 05:27:11 pm »
(not a bastardised NFL stadium)
Which is what it is!

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 12:48:35 am »
Err - the people that use it?

Like I said, nothing UNIQUE about the STADIUM structure.
Its a bowl and its boring. The HKS design is a traditional 4 sided stadium but with interesting design.
Either way we wont see any of them so its a moot point I suppose.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2010, 08:50:52 am »
Got more chance of reaching the emerald city than setting foot in a new stadium anytime soon!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2010, 10:29:39 am »
Like I said, nothing UNIQUE about the STADIUM structure.
Its a bowl and its boring. The HKS design is a traditional 4 sided stadium but with interesting design.
Either way we wont see any of them so its a moot point I suppose.
Very interesting seeing as it will basically have three sides.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2010, 12:53:36 pm »
Fuck that, I dont want that design. It'll be a constant reminder of the Hicks and Gillet era, everytime you'll look at that stadium you'll be reminded of them. I dont care if that sets us back a while longer, I want a new design.

Unfortunately its not about what we want! Owners whether old or new will produce a stadium that meets budget. I personally think the new stadium will look amazing but thats just my opinion, its not going to be to everyones taste as the current stadium we have is by far the best!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »
That's not an argument for building it. If your think it's the best football stadium we could build (not a bastardised NFL stadium) then fair enough. But to build it just because H&G spunked away tens of million in fees is not a good reason. Any new stadium will be there for 60 years at least maybe a hundred years or more - building the wrong design will cost a lot more in the long run. 

I didnt say it was but its by far better than the previous design. Fans will get used to it given time and if it generates funds to make us successful once again then im all for it. Personally i would love us to extend Anfield and stay there for ever and a day but unfortunately that doesnt seem possible.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2010, 02:45:58 pm »
ive always been very excited by the HKS design. and the initial "3-sided" setup is fine by me too. reminds me of the old annie road end. can you imagine all the away fans lined up across 10 rows in that one stand, staring at the rest of the stadium towering over them? they'll feel powerless. then when the infrastructure is built around the ground, we will be able to pile the tiers on that end and make it huge.

as for it being a bastardized nfl stadium, i think youre giving the owners too much credit for the design there. a 4-sided, asymentric plan- it, to me, looks like what anfield would look like if it was given a 21st centruy makeover. it looks nothing like a bowl (unlike the other design, which looks like a corss between millenium stadium and old trafford) and when built would be totally unique to our club.

the yanks have fucked a lot of things up, but they did well to appoint HKS to design the stadium (that never was)

Offline F412OUK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:22 pm »
ive always been very excited by the HKS design. and the initial "3-sided" setup is fine by me too. reminds me of the old annie road end. can you imagine all the away fans lined up across 10 rows in that one stand, staring at the rest of the stadium towering over them? they'll feel powerless. then when the infrastructure is built around the ground, we will be able to pile the tiers on that end and make it huge.

as for it being a bastardized nfl stadium, i think youre giving the owners too much credit for the design there. a 4-sided, asymentric plan- it, to me, looks like what anfield would look like if it was given a 21st centruy makeover. it looks nothing like a bowl (unlike the other design, which looks like a corss between millenium stadium and old trafford) and when built would be totally unique to our club.

the yanks have fucked a lot of things up, but they did well to appoint HKS to design the stadium (that never was)

I agree the only decent thing they did in all their time here.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 1, 2010, 03:43:29 pm »

I would think more like 20m, but they also need to cut the building cost to 300m. 

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #79 on: September 1, 2010, 04:47:16 pm »
Very interesting seeing as it will basically have three sides.

Will it have 4 stands ? Yes.