Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 607452 times)

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #4000 on: April 4, 2017, 10:20:28 am »
Kodi is legal it's the third party apps, but even that's a grey area as the EU have said streaming is not illegal.
Effectively just don't go flogging kodi boxes left right and center.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4001 on: April 4, 2017, 10:25:45 am »
Effectively just don't go flogging kodi boxes left right and center.
Probably best not selling them with big Sky Sports logos everywhere as part of the marketing.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #4002 on: April 4, 2017, 03:20:19 pm »
This is supposed to be easier than using ES File Explorer for putting a new installation of Kodi on a Fire TV Stick

http://koditips.com/install-kodi-on-fire-stick-fire-tv/

I find it easiest to download on your phone - "apps2fire "

you can then send any android apps from your phone on to amazon fire stick.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: April 4, 2017, 07:46:00 pm »

Yep. You can also install Firedl onto the stick/box itself and do it that way.

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #4004 on: April 5, 2017, 12:09:09 pm »
Apologies for the stupid question- I logged into Kodi and was told by a helpful popup that I need to update to version 17 due to changing to HTTPS links.

I am using Titanium build on a firestick- how do I go about doing this. Do I need to uninstall Kodi and start again, re-install Kodi and re-install my build or is the an easier way to go about this?

Thanks in advance!  :wave

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #4005 on: April 6, 2017, 09:29:28 am »
Apologies for the stupid question- I logged into Kodi and was told by a helpful popup that I need to update to version 17 due to changing to HTTPS links.

I am using Titanium build on a firestick- how do I go about doing this. Do I need to uninstall Kodi and start again, re-install Kodi and re-install my build or is the an easier way to go about this?

Thanks in advance!  :wave
Yes, unfortunately you need to uninstall Kodi and install Kodi 17.1 Krypton and treat the install as if you are setting up the firestick for the first time-you can speed things up by using the free 'Downloader' app available on Amazon app store.
Everything is detailed in the link:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.technadu.com/how-to-install-kodi-17-1-on-amazon-fire-tv-stick/1489/amp/
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4006 on: April 6, 2017, 11:50:21 am »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4007 on: April 6, 2017, 11:57:46 am »

Used that last week when all other methods failed, was surprisingly easy.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: April 6, 2017, 11:58:13 am »
I tried to update last night without uninstalling first. Wouldn't load up at all. This was about 20 to 8 before the match. Had to uninstall completely then install the new version, then reinstall Sportsmania and Exodus. Works fine. Probably better in fact.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: April 6, 2017, 12:08:43 pm »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01GWFKR7W/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
This one any good?
Yes, supposed be good the Q boxes, see people recommending them in one of the FB groups I'm in. How much better than any other 2gb/16gb box I'm not sure.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4010 on: April 6, 2017, 01:26:38 pm »
Yes, supposed be good the Q boxes, see people recommending them in one of the FB groups I'm in. How much better than any other 2gb/16gb box I'm not sure.
Isn't too much more money to be fair.

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: April 6, 2017, 09:56:36 pm »
Just updated to the newest version of kodi and tried to install sports mania and it wont let me.Got the message for add on enabled but when I go to video addons and click install nothing happens.Anyone got an idea why this is happening?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: April 6, 2017, 09:59:53 pm »
Just updated to the newest version of kodi and tried to install sports mania and it wont let me.Got the message for add on enabled but when I go to video addons and click install nothing happens.Anyone got an idea why this is happening?

Did you use the new sportsmania.rocks path?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: April 6, 2017, 10:18:38 pm »
Aye,tried the sportsmania.me aswell with no joy.the file is there it's just when you press install nothing happens.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: April 6, 2017, 11:53:14 pm »
Aye,tried the sportsmania.me aswell with no joy.the file is there it's just when you press install nothing happens.

If the sportsmania repository is v1.01, try uninstalling, then reinstalling v1.00 using the "install from zip" option with file source set as http://sportsmania.rocks/repo.
When v1.00 is installed, then try and install the sportsmania video addon.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 11:54:45 pm by leftfooter »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #4015 on: April 7, 2017, 09:44:19 am »
Yes, unfortunately you need to uninstall Kodi and install Kodi 17.1 Krypton and treat the install as if you are setting up the firestick for the first time-you can speed things up by using the free 'Downloader' app available on Amazon app store.
Everything is detailed in the link:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.technadu.com/how-to-install-kodi-17-1-on-amazon-fire-tv-stick/1489/amp/

This is a false hood being put about by TVAddons and some Box sellers, 16.1 still works and links will still be found, There are people still using 14.2 without a problem.

Kodi 17.1 needs a box or device that has android 5 or above to work so if you are on Kit-Kat 4.4 it will not update to Kodi 17.1, this is why we are being feed the stories of upgrading as it will mean buying new kit. Or seeing if the firmware can be updated, which on a few boxes it won't happen.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: April 7, 2017, 10:08:02 am »
If the sportsmania repository is v1.01, try uninstalling, then reinstalling v1.00 using the "install from zip" option with file source set as http://sportsmania.rocks/repo.
When v1.00 is installed, then try and install the sportsmania video addon.

Thanks,I'll give it a go.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4017 on: April 7, 2017, 11:14:35 am »
Do I need to upgrade to 17? Or am I alright for now?  Everything is working at the moment eg Exodus and Sportsmania.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: April 7, 2017, 11:49:32 am »
Do I need to upgrade to 17? Or am I alright for now?  Everything is working at the moment eg Exodus and Sportsmania.
If it aint broke.....

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #4019 on: April 7, 2017, 12:15:51 pm »

No, it's a false hood being peddled by those who want to make money out of the fact 17 does not work on Android boxes with android 4 or less.

Use SPMC and I believe there is another fork with python updated to allow SSL. Can't remember the name of it right now.

http://www.ares-portal.com/Downloads/ FTMC is the one that has SSL update.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 12:57:21 pm by Liveforthereds67 »
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4020 on: April 7, 2017, 02:01:11 pm »
ok thanks.  Will leave well alone for now.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: April 7, 2017, 03:03:33 pm »
No, it's a false hood being peddled by those who want to make money out of the fact 17 does not work on Android boxes with android 4 or less.

Use SPMC and I believe there is another fork with python updated to allow SSL. Can't remember the name of it right now.

http://www.ares-portal.com/Downloads/ FTMC is the one that has SSL update.

Falsehood is too strong. There are a lot of streaming sites that have switched/are switching to https and the best way of accessing them is to update to Kodi 17.

If you have an outdated box then see if you can stick Linux on it first and run OpenElec or LibreElec or similar (more stable than Android anyway) and if not give FTMC a go (forum topic - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/general-tv-player-dicussions/xbmc-talk/575588-ftmc ). I would highly recommend an up to date Linux based version of Kodi to an outdated Android fork trying to keep up however.

I'm not sure why there seems to be so much resistance to Kodi 17. I've had no problems with it at all myself.

If it's just that it looks a bit different just change the skin to one you prefer.

If you are still managing to play enough stuff that it isn't an issue for you just stay on what you have until it is.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 03:05:36 pm by cloggypop »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4022 on: April 7, 2017, 03:18:51 pm »
I got the firestick and put Kodi on myself. I think I have Jarvis 16.1 installed already, I'm loathe to do yet another reinstallation after I'm seemingly having the same problems.

What's a RPI?

Will updating to Python fix the issue of the constant "log errors" I'm getting with the apps/add-ons?
Try SPMC instead
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: April 7, 2017, 03:24:43 pm »
SPMC hasn't been updated to the required version of Python yet apparently

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/568

FTMC has though.

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #4024 on: April 7, 2017, 03:37:51 pm »

If you're installing Sportsmania on 17.1 you need to turn off 'Auto update Add ons' toggle in settings before installing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM5pRjHQtGc
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 03:40:53 pm by The not so lazy.boy »
Same shit, Different day!

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: April 7, 2017, 04:29:29 pm »
If you're installing Sportsmania on 17.1 you need to turn off 'Auto update Add ons' toggle in settings before installing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM5pRjHQtGc

That fixed it,thanks very much mate.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4026 on: April 8, 2017, 01:14:24 am »
Any way of entering an acestream link into Kodi to play?

Got an android smart TV and want to play acestream links occasionally for games (like tomorrow!). I've got plexus installed and the acestream engine up and running so acestream links are working.

Just wondering how I would enter a link in manually then play it?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4027 on: April 8, 2017, 10:01:28 am »
I've not found a way.

But if you add Pro Sport then add the Reddit soccerstreams subreddit you'll get acestream links.

Phoenix have acestream links too.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4028 on: April 8, 2017, 11:44:43 am »
I'm a bit confused here. Kodi can work on a smart TV? I thought you either had to have an android box or a PC.

Either way since you wanna watch the acestream link on Kodi, why do you have to put it on manually? The same stream can be found on several addons. NJM soccer, Phoenix, Sportdevil etc.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: April 8, 2017, 01:29:49 pm »
It depends what OS your smart TV is running. If it's Android you should be able to put it on there but Samsung for example are using Tizen which won't run it.

Kodi will work on loads of things beside a PC and an Android box. It's not that demanding and will work on most phones and tablets for a start. It was the only reason why I bought an Apple TV. I much prefer it on a Linux based device over Android myself.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4030 on: April 8, 2017, 02:30:52 pm »
Just got my android box. Uninstalled kodi to get the latest version. How do I reinstall it? ???
« Last Edit: April 8, 2017, 02:38:56 pm by Tjfruits »

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4031 on: April 8, 2017, 03:13:33 pm »
Turns out the AppStore version is 17.1 . No worries lads

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4032 on: April 8, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »
What's the best value VPN. Are there any free ones?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: April 8, 2017, 07:41:56 pm »
I don't bother with one for Kodi myself. Most of the advice pages will tell you to use one but that's mainly because they get a sign up fee when you use their links.

I suppose it could be useful if the UK are blocking loads of sites and it's handy for stuff like iplayer out of the UK but it's certainly not essential.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #4034 on: April 8, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »
What's the best value VPN. Are there any free ones?

I use privateinternetaccess,only $40 a year. There are free ones but they're crap.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4035 on: April 8, 2017, 08:23:59 pm »
I don't bother with one for Kodi myself. Most of the advice pages will tell you to use one but that's mainly because they get a sign up fee when you use their links.

I suppose it could be useful if the UK are blocking loads of sites and it's handy for stuff like iplayer out of the UK but it's certainly not essential.
Yeah deffinetley, just my isp sometimes blocks some sports streams. Will see if I can do without.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4036 on: April 8, 2017, 08:26:36 pm »
Yeah deffinetley, just my isp sometimes blocks some sports streams. Will see if I can do without.
Probably better signing up to a paid streaming site for the sport rather than getting a VPN. Should be roughly the same price.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4037 on: April 9, 2017, 12:13:40 am »
Cheers for the responses lads. I found a way to input acestream links into plexus. You just go to the program add-on and insert the acestream url. Works a treat although I didn't watch the game on it today afrerall, it was on sky Ireland.

To save typing in the long acestream link I downloaded the yatse kodi remote on my phone. Copied the link I wanted through tapatalk and pasted it into the keyboard on the app and away it worked. That said, I found loads of links through different add-ons anyway but just wanted a surprise way to get a specific link working in the future.

Another question. I could not get the NJM soccer add-on to appear on my Kodi. I downloaded the area wizard and installed the NJM add-on through there and it just didn't show up in my add-ons. Any suggestions? Perhaps the versions I'm using are dated or something.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: April 9, 2017, 03:41:26 am »
Ares Wizard tells me that I'm using an unstable version of Kodi for some reason (I'm not).

NJM shows up for me in a normal alphabetical list though (none of this jumping ahead nonsense that annoys me) and works fine. Not sure why it isn't working for you.

Yatse is boss though. Best Kodi remote control by far. The copy and paste is a great feature.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2017, 03:42:58 am by cloggypop »

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4039 on: April 9, 2017, 11:07:41 am »
My shite remote makes it hard to input all the add one, can't be arsed to wait for a new one. What builds do you lads reccomend?