Author Topic: New pics of the New Stadium  (Read 18870 times)

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
New pics of the New Stadium
« on: January 2, 2010, 04:35:37 am »
Just having a browse on the Official website and I noticed these pics which I hadn't seen before with views from the corners of the ground and underneath the stands - thought it was worth a post

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/stadium/new-stadium/gallery
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
Re: New pics of the New Stadium
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2010, 03:24:07 pm »
Cheers for this...Have just checked the pics against the previous ones posted on forums and the official site and there are definitely a number of new pics - including better views the main stand and away end and how they link

Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Olives

• Twerpville's Minister for Art and Spelling. Convicted of Gross Moral Twerpitude by the Peoples Court of RAWK. Only seen when we dont win.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Donations gladly accepted!
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2010, 07:02:11 pm »
why is the Kop cut in half?
On the 31st of May, I'll be running in the BUPA 10k in London in aid of MIND, the mental health charity.  http://www.justgiving.com/apkerr

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2010, 07:46:01 pm »
why is the Kop cut in half?

It's divided at street level with a disabled viewing area.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2010, 09:03:12 am »
Cheers for posting that, hadnt seen a couple of them. Gonna be impresive this if it ever gets built.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2010, 10:44:53 am »
Regardless of how much you hate the Americans, that would be an awesome stadium!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 9, 2010, 10:48:16 am »
Yeah. If it happens. Which it won't.

Offline Hulting

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »
looks good...

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #8 on: January 9, 2010, 06:46:01 pm »
It's divided at street level with a disabled viewing area.

It is divided at street level, bit it's not for a disabled viewing area, it's so fans can see right inside the stadium on non match days.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #9 on: January 9, 2010, 08:22:12 pm »
Regardless of how much you hate the Americans, that would be an awesome stadium!

Agreed.

An amazing design for the new stadium is basically the only thing they've done right.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: January 9, 2010, 09:21:33 pm »
It is divided at street level, bit it's not for a disabled viewing area, it's so fans can see right inside the stadium on non match days.

I think you're misunderstanding the bit he means, as he is on about the grey section part way up the Kop that goes about half way across. And that is a disabled viewing platform so 'all fans of any ability can enjoy the atmosphere of the Kop' or something like that was the official club line.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 04:22:48 am »
Yeah. If it happens. Which it won't.

That's crazy talk.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 10:13:39 am »
I think you're misunderstanding the bit he means, as he is on about the grey section part way up the Kop that goes about half way across. And that is a disabled viewing platform so 'all fans of any ability can enjoy the atmosphere of the Kop' or something like that was the official club line.

No mate your wrong, look at the pictures, Hicks was quoted as saying that this was incorporated into the design so fans could see into anfield on non match days, that's why there is glass on some of the walls.

I think you and others are getting confused with the disabled platform that was proposed in Parry's & Moores new stadium design.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:40:30 am »
No mate your wrong, look at the pictures, Hicks was quoted as saying that this was incorporated into the design so fans could see into anfield on non match days, that's why there is glass on some of the walls.

I think you and others are getting confused with the disabled platform that was proposed in Parry's & Moores new stadium design.

The glass walls are so people can see into the stadium, the break in the Kop is a disabled viewing platform. Look it up.

Offline LiverpoolFaCupFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 11:46:57 am »
that grey thing which goes half way across the kop is a disabled viewing platform i thought...how would that grey bit allow people to see into the stadium?
"You come here to Anfield, you stand there and listen to that crowd, and it's the greatest sight in football."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 04:58:39 pm »

You really are confused mate, its 100% the disabled viewing platform.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 06:56:44 pm »
You really are confused mate, its 100% the disabled viewing platform.

Yup, this has been discussed elsewhere, not of case of what it is (cos it's deffo a disabled viewing platform) but the rights and 'wrongs' of it.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it, and find it a bit insulting to the people it's actually meant for when fans say it breaks up the the Kop, it's not strictly single tier etc.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 06:59:29 pm »
Yup, this has been discussed elsewhere, not of case of what it is (cos it's deffo a disabled viewing platform) but the rights and 'wrongs' of it.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it, and find it a bit insulting to the people it's actually meant for when fans say it breaks up the the Kop, it's not strictly single tier etc.

Agreed, I like the idea where our disabled fans can sit with their full-able friends in the Kop. Once its all decked out, it'll give somewhere to hand a load of banners at matches (as I think one of the mocked up pictures where the ground is full shows), and you'll hardly even notice it is there.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 10:09:58 pm »
Agreed, I like the idea where our disabled fans can sit with their full-able friends in the Kop. Once its all decked out, it'll give somewhere to hand a load of banners at matches (as I think one of the mocked up pictures where the ground is full shows), and you'll hardly even notice it is there.

just depends how much the grey sticks out really, think thats the main concern the colour breaks up the sea of red and white (well, its hardly ever that anyway but you gt the idea)
"You come here to Anfield, you stand there and listen to that crowd, and it's the greatest sight in football."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 03:21:23 pm »
Could always have it painted red.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 03:25:50 pm »
it looks like the tripods have taken over the ground
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 08:01:33 pm »
Could always have it painted red.
yeah think that would look better

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 10:52:48 pm »
Them pictures are based on 70,000 seater aren't they, which we haven't got permission for yet?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:58:26 pm by alex. »

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 10:56:05 pm »
They like the look of it over on Bluekipper which is good anyway.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:10 pm »
Them pictures are based on 70,000 seater aren't they, which we haven't got permission for yet?

Only thing different between the 60k and 72k seater is the opposite stand to the Kop. It has just a few rows in the smaller capacity and a massive one for the larger one.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 12:00:35 pm »

That is true. Those are designs for 73k stadium. Same footprint so they can extend later, but they haven't even submitted application for 73k stadium so a bit cheeky using them on the site.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 07:22:15 am »
They like the look of it over on Bluekipper which is good anyway.

Thats because they think it will be half their stadium.  ;)
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 08:25:40 am »

It's both. The disabled platform is at Plaza level and it's designed so that there are views through from the Kop concourse. Unnecessary and stupid.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 08:30:33 am »

You'd struggle to pass banners over it. As I said above - it's not just a disabled platform - it's much bigger than necessary to allow the views through, and the distance between the seats in front and the seats behind is excessive. I've posted the section somewhere on here before.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 02:10:02 pm »
it's not just a disabled platform - it's much bigger than necessary to allow the views through, and the distance between the seats in front and the seats behind is excessive.

Surely the fact that it is a disabled viewing platform, means that ' excessive' distance has to cater safely for wheelchairs etc (emergency exit etc)  it may even be a legally required minimum distance.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:19:47 pm by Alloy »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45:53 pm »
It's both. The disabled platform is at Plaza level and it's designed so that there are views through from the Kop concourse. Unnecessary and stupid.

How does it allow views through, its solid concrete on the back?!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 06:55:33 pm »
Surely the fact that it is a disabled viewing platform, means that ' excessive' distance has to cater safely for wheelchairs etc (emergency exit etc)  it may even be a legally required minimum distance.

It isn't - I'll see if I can find the drawings I posted. What sets the distance is the height of the clear walkway from the ground level concourse and the rake of the stand. It's bigger than it needs to be.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 07:08:17 pm »
How does it allow views through, its solid concrete on the back?!

It isn't. The pitch level is excavated a long way down. The wheelchair area is at ground level. If you look at these pictures

You can see that all of the seats below the wheelchair platform are below ground level.

I found this in another thread:

All the grey is below ground level.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Mr Premier League

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 12:40:07 pm »
It's an amazing design and I would love to have that stadium. I doubt we ever will though.
Join my Circus.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 05:16:34 pm »
It isn't. The pitch level is excavated a long way down. The wheelchair area is at ground level. If you look at these pictures

You can see that all of the seats below the wheelchair platform are below ground level.

I found this in another thread:

All the grey is below ground level.

Yeah, I know its at ground level (makes sense, as wheelchair users will have no need to go up or down stairs to get to the viewing area).

What Im asking is how exactly will having this disabled viewing area help for views through from the outside as you said? IMO that being there would make no difference to what you could see than if you filled it with 3 rows of seating (or whatever fits in to it!).

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 05:54:34 pm »
Yeah, I know its at ground level (makes sense, as wheelchair users will have no need to go up or down stairs to get to the viewing area).

What Im asking is how exactly will having this disabled viewing area help for views through from the outside as you said? IMO that being there would make no difference to what you could see than if you filled it with 3 rows of seating (or whatever fits in to it!).

Ok I understand what you're saying. I just remember picking up on this when someone posted the planning drawings a while back. I'll have a scout around for the drawings to try and explain what I mean.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 06:00:27 pm »
Ta, Im not saying you're wrong, I just cant see what you mean from all the pics I have seen.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 03:13:42 am »

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 11:35:30 am »
That's the smallest car park I've ever seen.

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:10 am »
getting the grass to grow without lights is going to be a big problem.