Author Topic: YANKS OUT  (Read 55121 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: YANKS OUT
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2009, 08:40:51 am »
Some courts have found that LBO debt constitutes a fraudulent transfer

In what circumstances, I wonder.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2009, 08:51:52 am »
That's some grim reading Lyndsey. All too obvious when you think about it. It benefits the owners with dividends and syphoning off profits as they run the business into the ground, before saying cheerio and getting off scott-free.

What makes it even more sickening is that they obtained the club by deception in the first place. I'm sure they are bending the law at best.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:55 am »
That's some grim reading Lyndsey.

The reason I posted it was I didnt really understand the concept of it all and when Tim posts info about the accounts well its like reading a foreign language to me.

So I thought Id get the basic jist of it. Ive cut and pasted the paragraphs in simple laymans terms for the likes of myself, but you dont have to be a genious to figure out what them two c*nts are up to.

Culling the squad, less wages to pay, no transfer kity for Rafa cause its going to pay off the loans along with the profits.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:55 am »
In what circumstances, I wonder.

By pretending you have money in the first place to buy the company? When really all you have is credit notes. But that law was from the USA so I dont know if the UK has similar laws? David Moores and the share holders should have signed something in the contract that didnt allow for this to happen them bastards would have scarped if any soliciter suggested such an idea.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2009, 09:04:50 am »
do the yanks know that football clubs in this country can be relegated? their business model works in yankeeland, but we could in theory end up doing a leeds.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2009, 09:06:29 am »
do the yanks know that football clubs in this country can be relegated? their business model works in yankeeland, but we could in theory end up doing a leeds.

They dont care, if we are declared bankrupt fuck all happens to them the damage is done to liverpool f.c. liverpools credit will be ruined not George Gillett or Tom Hicks.

They are covered, Ive just been reading about it on the LBO websites.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:09:00 am by Lyndsey_LFC »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:59 am »
Just to get this straight:

Their personal guarantees are reducing now, as the debt reduces, at RBS's insistence.

Rafa's transfer budget (going by a consensus of broadsheet journalists) has reduced.

Ergo, the missing transfer budget is giving the owners, as well as RBS, a 'get out of jail free' card if we go belly-up.

Is that summary exaggerated?

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2009, 09:21:46 am »
Ergo, the missing transfer budget is giving the owners, as well as RBS, a 'get out of jail free' card if we go belly-up.

No the missing transfer budget has gone to pay off the loans, we havent come to the belly up part yet, more assets will be sold to pay off the loans or if we go bankrupt all assets will be sold off amongst other things for the bank to get their money back.
In other words.
We are loaned up to the max.
the entire debt is on the club.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2009, 09:25:46 am »
I dont think we're going to go belly up, more the Xerxes theory of a slow death and mid table mediocrity.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2009, 09:27:57 am »
I dont think we're going to go belly up, more the Xerxes theory of a slow death and mid table mediocrity.

:( No CL money assets sold to pay the loans, Gerrard, masch, Torres etc etc........

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2009, 09:29:25 am »
do the yanks know that football clubs in this country can be relegated?

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest that this small detail was overlooked, such is their knowledge of football.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2009, 09:31:10 am »

This would be because we are using the transfer budget to lower the loans, thus eventually lowering the debt. As long as dumb and dumber can lower it enough for us to be paying ourselves off they will hang around imho. I hope they can't and are forced to sell!
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2009, 09:33:23 am »
It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest that this small detail was overlooked, such is their knowledge of football.

There was an illuminating quote from Gillett when he gave an early British interview to Oli Kay - he was studying the opening match fixtures and asked: ‘We’re the guys on the right, so that means we’re the away side, right?’ That's the level of his expertise, folks.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2009, 09:37:23 am »
There was an illuminating quote from Gillett when he gave an early British interview to Oli Kay - he was studying the opening match fixtures and asked: ‘We’re the guys on the right, so that means we’re the away side, right?’ That's the level of his expertise, folks.

And Man Ham are our biggest rivals dontcha know get with it No666 omg :D you have to laugh cant believe how gullable we here to be taken in by this  :(.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2009, 09:37:51 am »
So do these personal guarantees and credit notes affect their personal wealth if things go tits up? Or do they walk away scott-free, leaving a trail of devastation?

Hicks already has a history of destroying lives in this country with Viasystems Tyneside Ltd, dumping 1000 geordies on the dole and giving fuck all in compensation.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2009, 09:53:31 am »

Can anyone tell me whether they've made a penny from LFC as yet?  Aside from the expenses claims.  It will make me feel better if they haven't managed to make any cash and by the looks of things for the next few years - i do understand LFC will suffer but the momentum to get them ousted will gain.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2009, 01:23:07 pm »
You can bet your left testicle they've made money out of us - the sooner these pair of LBOR c*nts leave the club the better.  I couldn't give two fucks now if they sell the club and make a profit out of it, as long as they sell and fuck off
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2009, 01:57:44 pm »
problem is though even on this forum some people don't get it.

i posted on the CL draw thread maybe better to get knocked out out early and boycott all CL home games to get rid of the yanks and all i got was responses like
" I'll have your ticket" or "you can boycott I am going" .

Don't these people realise that Leeds Utd went from CL semi to relegation in 5 years and with the two owners we have robbing us blind we will be there quicker.

I have said it before if we owe 245 mill they sell Torres 80 masch 30 Pepe 30 Gerrard 60. That would go straight to RBS so we owe 45m. They could still sell us for at least (probably a lot more than) 80 - 100 m they make 20 - 30 mill each.  This would not bother them in the slightest.
But when people on this forum still don't seem to grasp that its not now, its the future we are fighting for it makes me feel like not bothering trying to explain what might happen if we don't fight.........Sorry for the rant it is just depressing because it is no use having history if we don't have a future.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2009, 02:30:29 pm »

i posted on the CL draw thread maybe better to get knocked out out early and boycott all CL home games to get rid of the yanks and all i got was responses like

Don't these people realise that Leeds Utd went from CL semi to relegation in 5 years and with the two owners we have robbing us blind we will be there quicker.

I have said it before if we owe 245 mill they sell Torres 80 masch 30 Pepe 30 Gerrard 60. That would go straight to RBS so we owe 45m. They could still sell us for at least (probably a lot more than) 80 - 100 m they make 20 - 30 mill each.  This would not bother them in the slightest.
But when people on this forum still don't seem to grasp that its not now, its the future we are fighting for it makes me feel like not bothering trying to explain what might happen if we don't fight.........Sorry for the rant it is just depressing because it is no use having history if we don't have a future.

We have to do something at the moment its a easy ride for them. Majority will get on Rafa's back first if we don't educate the masses.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »
Can anyone tell me whether they've made a penny from LFC as yet?  Aside from the expenses claims.  It will make me feel better if they haven't managed to make any cash and by the looks of things for the next few years - i do understand LFC will suffer but the momentum to get them ousted will gain.

There are suggestions that at the refinance all that happened was that RBS's exposure reduced by £60m and that was replaced by money borrowed by the Americans coming through the holding companies. That replacement "money" attracted an interest charge to be repaid at a certain figure which was in excess of the actual costs of the borrowing itself.

So, for instance, they borrowed the £60m at 5% and then lent it to LFC at 10% - nice little earner.....
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2009, 02:58:18 pm »

Spot on peter and its not just people on forums, its people in gereral that dont give a shit, and would prefer to blame rafa than the yanks.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:34:04 pm by Lyndsey_LFC »

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:03 pm »
Sot on peter and its not just people on forums, its people in gereral that dont give a shit, and would prefer to blame rafa than the yanks.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2009, 04:28:11 pm »

To put it into a one liner

Short term losses for long term gains

I've always supported this view, we've been out of CL before and got on fine as a club, now we're in CL and we're not getting what we deserve from the owners.  If itmeans that for one season we dont set foot into CL and the two shitbags are out i'm for it - but the risk is if the owners try and stay on and a fire sale resumes - i dont think as fans we would let that happen

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2009, 06:57:36 pm »
If we're out of the CL, we are so badly fucked it doesnt bare thinking about. The loss in revenue would be in the region of £30 million after loss of prize money, sponsorship, TV money, gate reciepts etc. I cannot see how the club would be able to take that kind of hit without selling players.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »
If itmeans that for one season we dont set foot into CL and the two shitbags are out i'm for it - but the risk is if the owners try and stay on and a fire sale resumes - i dont think as fans we would let that happen

What some consistently underestimate is how the Prem league has shifted the profile of the match going fan. Recent evidence of fan behaviour is not good.

When we failed to qualify for the Champs League by leaguse position after Athens ,no questions were raised about our league performance.

At Leeds and Newcastle, the fans just watched and gawped as their clubs disintegrated. The Glazers have had as little resistance as G&H from Man U fans.

There is little evidence of a popular uprising waiting to happen i am afraid.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:31:00 pm by xerxes1 »
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2009, 07:09:59 pm »
What some consistently underestimate is how the Prem league has shifted the profile of the match going fan. Recent evidence of fan behavior is not good.

When we failed to qualify for the Champs League by leagus position after Athens ,no questions were raised about our league performance.

At Leeds and Newcastle, the fans just watched and gawped as their clubs disintegrated. The Glazers have had as little resistance as G&H from Man U fans.

There is little evidence of a popular uprising waiting to happen i am afraid.

i agree, however, such is the name of our club there will always be potential suitors waiting in the wings if the twats get desperate and this is what i'm banking on if we miss out on CL.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:47 pm »
i agree, however, such is the name of our club there will always be potential suitors waiting in the wings if the twats get desperate and this is what i'm banking on if we miss out on CL.

Or they just sell players.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2009, 07:18:39 pm »
Bet Rafa  would love to kick the two knobheads right in the bollix.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2009, 08:49:23 pm »
If we're out of the CL, we are so badly fucked it doesnt bare thinking about. The loss in revenue would be in the region of £30 million after loss of prize money, sponsorship, TV money, gate reciepts etc. I cannot see how the club would be able to take that kind of hit without selling players.

But it may take that to waken the sleeping masses.  Read most of the deluded threads on the main board.  I know most don't go to games but even at games there's an ignorance of how dire it all is.  Although to be fair the distributing of those leaflets last week helped.

Part of me wants us to fail miserably just to hurt the owners and potentially get them out - lack of success will quickly focus supporters.  However there's also a part that fears losing what good players we have like Torres, Gerrard, etc.

However I think they could go anyway even if we won something this season as their value would help the owners next yr to fund their debt charges.

So fuck it, I'm leaning towards a wank season if it puts pressure on the owners.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2009, 09:24:03 pm »
But it may take that to waken the sleeping masses.  Read most of the deluded threads on the main board.  I know most don't go to games but even at games there's an ignorance of how dire it all is.  Although to be fair the distributing of those leaflets last week helped.

Part of me wants us to fail miserably just to hurt the owners and potentially get them out - lack of success will quickly focus supporters.  However there's also a part that fears losing what good players we have like Torres, Gerrard, etc.

However I think they could go anyway even if we won something this season as their value would help the owners next yr to fund their debt charges.

So fuck it, I'm leaning towards a wank season if it puts pressure on the owners.

Mate, I'm sympathetic to your position. As you know.

The time has come to make a stand for the sake of preserving our Club's future.

But, its increasingly apparent to me, we need to know exactly what our endgame actually is.

Until a year ago, the obvious nirvana was the departure of the broke lying conmen, replaced by someone wishing to run the club along the lines we really want.. proper business sense, profits upped, investment back in to the manager, stadium (or hopelessly idealistic.. increased Anfield capacity), but most importantly working to our long held principles.  But by owners with REAL money for the occasional rainy day that comes along at times.

Well that ship has sailed for the immediate future.

So, with all of us with any wit agreeing we need these tools out to what they do best, causing misery and ruination (but to others not us), what will we do if we can somehow make their position untenable??  If we could get the fuckers out tomorrow, what will happen then?  Its a serious issue here.  I'm all for what SOS do, and the rest of us who seemingly care, ie personal decisions about merchandise etc., and even boycotts.  I'm all for it.  But even if we could orchestrate mass boycotts, of say a big CL match...   are we turkeys voting for Christmas?

What would happen if the banks got sufficiently agitated that they told the 2 floating jobbies to cough up pronto, or they get out?

We need to think this through.

We need to have a viable Plan B to put in place in the event we can force this pair out.

If we do, then lets make their tenure impossible.

But what is Plan B?  Share Liverpool in its current guise is unworkable.

What if we could get a smaller number of wealthy supporters to raise a percentage of what we now owe... and enter a medium term agreement with the banks to take control of a proportion?  Is that an option? Would Al-Ansari, and some of our current big bucks box owners at Anfield be prepared to form a group valued at 50-100 million between a dozen or so, with the long term idea that we could adopt, as supporters, the Barcelona model??

I don't know the answer.  But I think the endgame is getting closer. But laudable as the actions of SoS etc are, considerable thought needs to be given to the future model of ownership. I believe there are big changes possible in the next 12 months, but we must not then get in a vacuum where administration is the likeliest outcome.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2009, 09:35:27 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, unfortunately I reckon around 35,000 plus who go to the games don't know what the fuck is going on with our owners and even if they did they wouldn't do sweet FA about it. You can see and hear the apathy at the ground. We've got far too many tourists now to do anything about it in the numbers that are necessary. I'm not being negative, just realistic. Half the fuckers who go to the games just don't care. I just live in hope that someone is out there who will come in with an offer to finally tempt the tumours to sell but I'm getting more and more doubtful as the months go by.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2009, 09:45:34 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, unfortunately I reckon around 35,000 plus who go to the games don't know what the fuck is going on with our owners and even if they did they wouldn't do sweet FA about it. You can see and hear the apathy at the ground. We've got far too many tourists now to do anything about it in the numbers that are necessary. I'm not being negative, just realistic. Half the fuckers who go to the games just don't care. I just live in hope that someone is out there who will come in with an offer to finally tempt the tumours to sell but I'm getting more and more doubtful as the months go by.

You are correct.
But don't put the blame at the door of the tourists/daytrippers.

The key to any fan action lies with the ST holders.  Its those in the main who are most apathetic to the situation.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:13 pm »
You are correct.
But don't put the blame at the door of the tourists/daytrippers.

The key to any fan action lies with the ST holders.  Its those in the main who are most apathetic to the situation.

You're right, a large amount of fans are tourists who don't understand or don't care, a large amount are ST holders who don't understand or don't care. It's a sad state of affairs.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:25 pm »
Mate, I'm sympathetic to your position. As you know.

The time has come to make a stand for the sake of preserving our Club's future.

But, its increasingly apparent to me, we need to know exactly what our endgame actually is.

Until a year ago, the obvious nirvana was the departure of the broke lying conmen, replaced by someone wishing to run the club along the lines we really want.. proper business sense, profits upped, investment back in to the manager, stadium (or hopelessly idealistic.. increased Anfield capacity), but most importantly working to our long held principles.  But by owners with REAL money for the occasional rainy day that comes along at times.

Well that ship has sailed for the immediate future.

So, with all of us with any wit agreeing we need these tools out to what they do best, causing misery and ruination (but to others not us), what will we do if we can somehow make their position untenable??  If we could get the fuckers out tomorrow, what will happen then?  Its a serious issue here.  I'm all for what SOS do, and the rest of us who seemingly care, ie personal decisions about merchandise etc., and even boycotts.  I'm all for it.  But even if we could orchestrate mass boycotts, of say a big CL match...   are we turkeys voting for Christmas?

What would happen if the banks got sufficiently agitated that they told the 2 floating jobbies to cough up pronto, or they get out?

We need to think this through.

We need to have a viable Plan B to put in place in the event we can force this pair out.

If we do, then lets make their tenure impossible.

But what is Plan B?  Share Liverpool in its current guise is unworkable.

What if we could get a smaller number of wealthy supporters to raise a percentage of what we now owe... and enter a medium term agreement with the banks to take control of a proportion?  Is that an option? Would Al-Ansari, and some of our current big bucks box owners at Anfield be prepared to form a group valued at 50-100 million between a dozen or so, with the long term idea that we could adopt, as supporters, the Barcelona model??

I don't know the answer.  But I think the endgame is getting closer. But laudable as the actions of SoS etc are, considerable thought needs to be given to the future model of ownership. I believe there are big changes possible in the next 12 months, but we must not then get in a vacuum where administration is the likeliest outcome.

I posted many posts in the "We've got no money" thread last week asking about the endgame as you put it, and no one added any opinions as far as I can recall.

It's all well and good drumming up feelings to save our club, but to what end? The next leveraged buyout? Share Liverpool? The latter represents the best option in my opinion, but then it's still early doors and no one knows if it can actually emerge as a viable plan to takeover the club.

I've also kept my eye on the SoS site a fair while, and have seen nothing about the actual plans they have in order to work towards their aims (specifically the ultimate aim in this case).
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2009, 10:08:49 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, unfortunately I reckon around 35,000 plus who go to the games don't know what the fuck is going on with our owners and even if they did they wouldn't do sweet FA about it.

Exactly

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:25 pm »
It's frightening to think how badly we could fall....

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2009, 10:17:02 pm »
You're right, a large amount of fans are tourists who don't understand or don't care, a large amount are ST holders who don't understand or don't care. It's a sad state of affairs.
I'm sorry but statements like that are a complete load of bollocks. To simply lay the blame on 25,000 ST holders and say they are "mainly tourists", who just happenned to have "toured" for the past 20 odd years (seeing as no one can get hold of a season ticket since then) is ridiculous.

Its simply peoples nature, that's the way people work, they block these things out and just hope it will go away because they think that there own protest won't make a difference because no one else will join in. Its got nothing to do with tourists and glory hunters. The vast majority of people who go to the game actually might just be like you and me, mad keen Liverpool supporters who just want to see their team do well. Its not an us or them, its just that some need more education and to feel their actions might actually do something if there is a big enough backing.

To be honest I think the most difficult thing for people is that its a bit like turning off the life support machine to a loved one, probably the hardest decision you could ever make.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:26:07 pm by redmen77 »

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2009, 10:17:58 pm »
If everyone gives up because most fans are unaware, or passive about this issue of the owners, then we might as well forget the change.  Every big step in mankind started with a small first step.  We need to continue to educate our fans, and if there are even 100 fans inside Anfield that Start Chanting against the owners, it might well increase gradually.  And dont mention Beofre game, HT, or after FT...cause those are moments that are not aired worldwide.

I am fully supportive against taking any actions against the Yanks.  I am not a Local...I am from MALTA....and most fans that I speak to in Malta...even fans of Man Utd, Arsenal and others, most of us are aware of the ownership problems.  SO its not an issue of being a daytripper, or a local. Most of the fans inside Anfield are ST holders, so they must know what its all about. 

Dont give up....keep educating, what now seems impossible, might turn up to be VERY POSSIBLE.  I think SOS needs to step up its mechanisms.  Making Press conferences prior to Home matches, instructing fans of Pre Match and during Match Protests might be a good idea, and the press coverage it will recieve will make our anti G&H feelings known to more fans. 

This must start and keep going....not a one off protest!

COME ON REDMEN.....UNITE....CHANT FOR THE TEAM.....Then against the owners....Chant for the team....then against the owners....KEEP THE VOLUME UP! YANKS OUT NOW!!
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:17 pm »
I'm sorry but statements like that are a complete load of bollocks. To simply lay the blame on 25,000 ST holders and say they are "mainly tourists", who just happenned to have "toured" for the past 20 odd years (seeing as no one can get hold of a season ticket since then) is ridiculous.

Its simply peoples nature, that's the way people work, they block these things out and just hope it will go away because they think that there own protest won't make a difference because no one else will join in. Its got nothing to do with tourists and glory hunters. The vast majority of people who go to the game actually might just be like you and me, mad keen Liverpool supporters who just want to see there team do well. Its not an us or them, its just that some need more education and to feel there actions might actually do something if there is a big enough backing.

To be honest I think the most difficult thing for people is that its a bit like turning off the life support machine to a loved one, probably the hardest decision you could ever make.

You got me wrong mate, I didn't say the ST holders were tourists. I said that a large amount of our fans are tourists who don't care and a large amount are ST holders who don't care. You may be right by saying that they need educating in the matters that we are discussing because when I'm at the ground I hear a lot of fans talking and loads don't seem to understand there's a problem. As I've said in the past we get to hear a lot on this type of forum but we are the great minority, most of our fans only know what they read in the rags and we all know what means.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:44 pm »
Is there any truth in the rumours that have been floating about for a while that G&H are up for selling at a price of £350 million, but as it stands there are no takers? If that is the case, then surely CTR's suggestion makes sense - get a few wealthy fans together, maybe with someone along the lines of Al-Ansari chipping in. That way the problems of paying such a huge amount isn't an issue as it's split up. Of course, if the Yanks aren't willing to sell then it's a lot tougher.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.