Author Topic: Exact date of the new stadium  (Read 11520 times)

Offline selim_gs

• Boys Pen
Exact date of the new stadium
« on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:48 pm »
Hi to everyone, i'm a galatasaray fan from istanbul (also a liverpool supporter from the heart).. i want to ask something, i've looked through a couple of topics but couldn't find an exact date, can anyone tell me when is the exact date of the new stadium? or any possible dates? actually what i want to know is when is the date of the last game in anfield.. i've never been to anfield and i want to do it more than anything and i'm going to do it before liverpool changes to the new stadum, so that's why i'm asking..

by the way, i have beautiful photos and videos taken from your final with milan in 2005, where's the best place to post a link for these?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:20:27 pm by selim_gs »

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Re: Exact date of the new stadium
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:26:02 pm »
I think the original date for a possible move to the new stadium was start of the 2009 season, which means the last competitive game at Anfield will be May 2009.
It could well have, and probably has changed since i read that though!

Why didnt you come when Gala played here a couple of weeks ago? That was a Golden opportunity missed!!!

Offline selim_gs

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 11:07:42 am »
i couldn't come because i'm afraid of airplanes  :-[ if i can come, i'm planning to come by train (interrail, etc) but it requires around  a total of 10 days (from istanbul to liverpool, couple of days over there and the return) which is very difficult to create. by 2009 hopefully i will have graduated from the university and i'm planning to make a european football tour by train in september-october 2009 (covering greece, italy, germany, france, england, spain and portugal), so if liverpool are still playing in the anfield by that time it will be excellent but if you decide to switch the stadium i will have to come by airplane even though i don't know how right now.. probably i'll have to get drunk before the flight  :-[
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:11:56 am by selim_gs »

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 11:23:19 am »
Although it's just under 3 years away, I'd be very suprised if LFC are playing in a new stadium by then.

Even if we started building the new ground tommorow, I reckon season 09-10 will still be played at Anfield.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:27:16 am by DosyMickKeane »

Offline selim_gs

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 11:41:50 am »
i'd be the happiest person in the world if that turns out to be true!

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 03:11:28 pm »
I thought it was construction starting next year (all being well) in time for the 09/10 season?

Work began on the Emirates in February 2004 & was opened in July 2006, ready for the 2006 season.
On this basis if work began in January 2007, it would open in May 2009, so you could be wright. We however arn't Arsenal & the club haven't even confirmed that work will start at all, let alone in January which is about 10 weeks away.

So I'll stick with my original post, that we will still be at Anfield for the 2009/10 season, which will be the last.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 08:13:51 pm »
i'll just bump this as i was wondering since - the dubai deal is virtually done and part of the deal was the investment in to the new satdium - whether things would progress alittle faster now as we're not tied down to loans and cap in hand begging for money to finance it??

anyone in the know, know?

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:47 pm »
I doubt even the Liverpool board know this to be honest.
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 01:31:35 am »
I thought the first plan was to open in 2007 - read for the European Capital of Culture 2008! :S

Obviously that has been shelved!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 10:45:07 am »
Last I read it was to be opened for the 2009 / 2010 season, work commencing this spring.

Sounds optimistic to me, but depends on the workforce as well I suppose.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 11:15:16 am »
Building will have to start pretty sharpish if we want a 2009/10 opening date.

2010/11 is more realistic I think.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 11:51:26 am »
Building will have to start pretty sharpish if we want a 2009/10 opening date.

2010/11 is more realistic I think.

The plans are to start in the next couple of months which gives us two years to build.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Diegos Dealer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 01:50:34 pm »
Does anyone know who's gonna be building our new stadium and all those kind of details? It's never been mentioned in the press and don't those kind of things take months to put together?

Surely they would really have to have some people ready for it to start in just a couple of months? (although i could be talking complete shite here, since I don't know that much about how long these things take)
"Take that bandage off. And what do you mean about YOUR knee? It's Liverpool's knee!" Bill Shankly to Tommy Smith, who had a bandage on his injured knee

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »
I think it makes sense to start building in the spring ( weather condtions etc ) so I take it that's been the case for some time.

The same goes for the contractors/ builders etc, they will have known for some time, just a case of last minute details regarding the finances and design being ironed out.

If work is hopefully to begin in a couple of months, then everything should be place by now, and I'd expect an announcement soon in the presss to confirm that.

Offline Diegos Dealer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 03:01:29 pm »
Yeah i suppose you're right there but i thought there would have been a bit more mentioned in the press. If it had have started in spring 2005 like they stated originally i would have been working on it, I was gutted it got postponed.
"Take that bandage off. And what do you mean about YOUR knee? It's Liverpool's knee!" Bill Shankly to Tommy Smith, who had a bandage on his injured knee

Offline dolby21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 01:09:31 am »
30 th Dec 2006 Liverpool Echo printed that new stadium will be complete by July 2009 with the likely contractor being Laing O'Rourke. They stated that the DIC would need the stadium open buy that date for their business plan to work and that faliure to complete by this date would have the contractors facing penalties of £950,000 per week. There would also be a contingency of 15 -20%.

They said it would need to be complete 10 weeks before the start of the 2009/10 season for the ground to participate in practice events for fire and evacuation drills etc.

Sounds exciting
MOMO he is back and fighting as good as always

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 12:43:46 am »
March 21st 2009.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 07:43:45 pm »
I've been there.  It's the same, but with smaller cakes.

chocolate bars get smaller too. And theres no milk as cows are extinct. The future is rubbish.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 07:53:48 pm »
containers, machinery and workmen seen on Stanley Park today .....
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 08:56:09 pm »
The biggest sign of progress is anyone who parks at the Vernon Sangster being told to move.

That ain't happened yet.

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 10:35:24 pm »
Probably washed up from the Napoli in all the winds
:lmao :wellin
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 02:50:27 am »
The biggest sign of progress is anyone who parks at the Vernon Sangster being told to move.

That ain't happened yet.

Happened when iLFC played a match last season. Get with the times.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 12:51:25 pm »
In fairness the cars were only moved then for their own protection in case you had a shot...

;D
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 01:54:29 pm »
OT - but this looked like an active thread

I'm going to be in the city this weekend and I was thinking of taking my 8 year old to play on Stanley park to show him where the new stadium will be.

Anybody got a picture I can use to work out where to go? 

Be gentle on a humble OOT?

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 03:45:36 pm »
It's directly behind Anfield (Anfield Road End) and it's a bloody great big park. Can't miss it.

And to add to this the stadium will be built half on the car park/sports centre and half on the pitches beyond that upto the path that runs across the park from Anfield Road to Priory Road.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 05:47:22 pm »
Thanks Rushian, I had worked out where Stanley Park was, but the extra detail was what I wanted, so ta.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 10:11:25 pm »
You could practice dribbling in and out of the dog shit.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 02:18:59 am »
Everton aren't due to play there for at least 3 seasons, though

:) :D ;D

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »
You could practice dribbling in and out of the dog shit.

That's pretty much what happened but hey it was fun, bought me mam a "this is Anfield tea towel" from the club shop  - the retro shirts they've got in the club shop are boss, I want one of the 1977 ones.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29 on: February 2, 2007, 09:55:24 pm »
Even if building started in March, two years seems ambitious.

We'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up at Anfield for another three seasons after this one though.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #30 on: February 3, 2007, 12:08:52 am »

We'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up at Anfield for another three seasons after this one though.

Ashburton was built in under 2 and a half years.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline dolby21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: February 3, 2007, 02:29:51 am »

we should get jeremy clarkson in. he would have it built in 6 minths if it is anything to go by him tarmacing 1 and half miles of road in 24 hours which was due to take the contractors 5 days.

MOMO he is back and fighting as good as always

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 3, 2007, 04:31:14 pm »
Ashburton was built in under 2 and a half years.

To be fair though, the American takeover still hasn't gone through, the structural design still hasn't been finalised and the overall finance for the stadium is far from complete...

I dont expect buliding to start in March and I seriously doubt it will take anything less than three years to build.

Remember how long the new Wembley was delayed by ?!

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2007, 12:31:32 pm »
Our club are so secretive its untrue, I don't think on .tv they've updated anything regarding the stadium since 2004.  I'm just wondering if now the yanks are in they'll be more forthcoming with info for the fans?? Still Parry is still involved so I doubt much will change.

I would love to see the final design as I believe work is due to start on the new stadium as early as next month, I think this came from the tele when the Yank deal went through, but, us fans ae still none the wiser as to what the new stadium is going to look like other than the old info which is on .tv

Can anyone shed any light on the new design whatsoever? or is it the usual LFC state secret.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 12:19:33 pm »
The work on the new Stadium will start April 2 according to Ged Poynton.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline amallorcanred

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 09:18:02 pm »
The work on the new Stadium will start April 2 according to Ged Poynton.

Thursday by any chance.

Offline selim_gs

• Boys Pen
« Reply #36 on: March 7, 2007, 09:07:56 am »
i heard in watching your game yesterday night that the new stadium will be established by 2009 so that leaves me with two years only :( probably i'm going to come to liverpool during the next winter break, which will be around february 2008

congratulations against barcelona by the way :) maybe i can come to athens if you go all the way up

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #37 on: March 7, 2007, 02:27:38 pm »
Building work to start in early April, and the Stadium to open for the 2009 / 10 season.

How long did Arsenal's stadium take to build by the way, 2 years seems optimistic to get ours done.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 7, 2007, 02:46:11 pm »
Building work to start in early April, and the Stadium to open for the 2009 / 10 season.

How long did Arsenal's stadium take to build by the way, 2 years seems optimistic to get ours done.

They took two and a half years

We will get ours done, don't worry about that.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline benitez boy

• Kemlynite
  • Liverpool es optimus!
« Reply #39 on: March 7, 2007, 04:43:05 pm »
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly