Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly  (Read 82407 times)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #640 on: May 6, 2021, 09:31:15 pm »
That I found his comparison odd?  Seems pretty straightforward whether you agree with it or not.

SOS aren't paid professionals with PR or communication departments. Yet FSG / the Club end up needing to make far more u turns. Nevermind the whole point is that FSG need to start communicating with fans, it'll only take one more fuck up before it all boils over. And nobody's in a better position that SOS to consult on behalf of the fans.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: May 6, 2021, 09:31:27 pm »
Blimey, I thought Amy Seeker post several different twitter accounts had disappeared.

What a place to find resurrection!
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: May 6, 2021, 09:31:33 pm »

We are all Liverpool fans, from the local fan who lives at Anfield, to someone who pays thousands from another country to come and have a day at the club he loves.

The whole tone of 'we are fighting for locals' is just an extension of that aggression against fans not in Liverpool. We are a global club and you should be fighting for all fans.

Either you clarify your stance against fans from abroad, kick out any members who engage in that type of rhetoric, including ban of the aggressive rhetoric like 'KICK OUT THE YANKS' (which is highly offensive to me being raised in America), or in my opinion the club should stay away from yourselves.

« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 10:05:45 pm by AmSeeker »

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #643 on: May 6, 2021, 09:35:07 pm »
SOS aren't paid professionals with PR or communication departments. Yet FSG / the Club end up needing to make far more u turns. Nevermind the whole point is that FSG need to start communicating with fans, it'll only take one more fuck up before it all boils over. And nobody's in a better position that SOS to consult on behalf of the fans.

Maybe its my fault for not explaining my opinion clearer.  What your stating is not what I was commenting about.  Since this is now distracting the thread I’ll leave it at that.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #644 on: May 6, 2021, 09:35:35 pm »
AMSeeker have you directly been in contact with SOS itself in relation to your points?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #645 on: May 6, 2021, 09:48:36 pm »
Still making allegations without a single shred of evidence.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #646 on: May 6, 2021, 09:57:44 pm »
Still making allegations without a single shred of evidence.

'GET THE YANKS OUT' - might be minor, but as someone who was raised in America i find this actually quite offensive. What has the owners nationalities got to do with anything? Either your a professional supporters club, or just local lads in chanting.

They spin the xenophobia with the 'local fans' rhetoric. We all know what the undercurrent is about - out of towners. 

There seems to be a bit of 'i never heard or said anything individually' within the group. Which means they are either blind, don't see anything wrong, or don't have any form of concrete structure to kick out these type of people in their membership.

« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 10:07:39 pm by AmSeeker »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #647 on: May 6, 2021, 10:05:31 pm »
It's not racist as its not towards a specific racial or ethnic group. It's not xenophobic as its not aimed towards everyone from the US, more specifically at a couple of people and just happens to be word play to go along with "Built by Shanks" or what you prefer the message to be "Built by Shanks, broken by those darn United States of America civilians"?

The undercurrent may be about out of towners but that applies equally for any from the Wirral to London to anywhere in the world for the extremely slim number of people that this applies to. On the whole the majority of scousers I know will welcome and treat you with respect as long as you understand the club, its ethos and put your whole effort into it at matches without being a crank. Mostly I don't think I've seen anyone actually involved within SOS who would be in a position of power at the club spout any of what you're complaining about.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #648 on: May 6, 2021, 10:09:51 pm »

The undercurrent may be about out of towners but that applies equally for any from the Wirral to London to anywhere in the world for the extremely slim number of people that this applies to. On the whole the majority of scousers I know will welcome and treat you with respect as long as you understand the club, its ethos and put your whole effort into it at matches without being a crank. Mostly I don't think I've seen anyone actually involved within SOS who would be in a position of power at the club spout any of what you're complaining about.

I appreciate your great response.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #649 on: May 6, 2021, 10:21:00 pm »
You're misreading the whole ''Yanks Out'' phrase.

People didn't want them kicked out because they were Yanks, which would be offensive, rather it was a moniker used to identify who the protests were against. Perfectly acceptable due to the two owners being from the United States.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: May 6, 2021, 10:23:51 pm »
On the whole the majority of scousers I know will welcome and treat you with respect as long as you understand the club, its ethos and put your whole effort into it at matches without being a crank.

It might just be me, but I'd say that understanding the city and it's ethos, is more important than that of the club. Although the support often reflects the culture of the city, e.g. the flamboyancy of the City in the 60s was reflected in the Kop, which changed through the 70s then 80s to something darker and broodier as the City's culture changed. To be replaced by hope in the later 90's etc. etc.

Like any other place, respect the locals and their ways and be welcomed. Act a tit and get a kicking. Common sense, really.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #651 on: May 6, 2021, 10:26:13 pm »
You're right Billy and I'd say on the whole the two are interchangeable as the club is based on the local support.

Online Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #652 on: May 6, 2021, 10:26:49 pm »
To play devils advocate though it doesn’t take much to co-opt that into something nefarious.  Almost all UK media I’ve consumed in the last two weeks is 100% focused on the US owners and American sports rules being “bad” which can then feed into that. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: May 6, 2021, 10:27:04 pm »
It might just be me, but I'd say that understanding the city and it's ethos, is more important than that of the club. Although the support often reflects the culture of the city, e.g. the flamboyancy of the City in the 60s was reflected in the Kop, which changed through the 70s then 80s to something darker and broodier as the City's culture changed. To be replaced by hope in the later 90's etc. etc.

Like any other place, respect the locals and their ways and be welcomed. Act a tit and get a kicking. Common sense, really.

Funny because it is universally true.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: May 6, 2021, 10:36:50 pm »
To play devils advocate though it doesn’t take much to co-opt that into something nefarious.  Almost all UK media I’ve consumed in the last two weeks is 100% focused on the US owners and American sports rules being “bad” which can then feed into that.

Fair enough, something to take on board for the future.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: May 6, 2021, 10:43:27 pm »
You're right Billy and I'd say on the whole the two are interchangeable as the club is based on the local support.

I think I might actually know you, sorry if that's sounds a bit stalkerish.

If you are who I think you are (now it's getting very stalkery), you'll know that most people I go the match with are OOT but they know the City inside out, better than me to be honest.

They sometimes get a saved seat in Dodds by the locals, and taken to the bar to get the local rates.

On the other hand, I've been on a OOT coach and heard snide remarks about Scousers, it's really beyond me why they support Liverpool if they're going to be taking the piss out of people living in the Council houses. It's those sort that need fucking off.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: May 6, 2021, 10:49:16 pm »
I think I might actually know you, sorry if that's sounds a bit stalkerish.

If you are who I think you are (now it's getting very stalkery), you'll know that most people I go the match with are OOT but they know the City inside out, better than me to be honest.

They sometimes get a saved seat in Dodds by the locals, and taken to the bar to get the local rates.

On the other hand, I've been on a OOT coach and heard snide remarks about Scousers, it's really beyond me why they support Liverpool if they're going to be taking the piss out of people living in the Council houses. It's those sort that need fucking off.

This, 100%. I'm as proud of Liverpool and it's inhabitants as I am of my own hometown, which is a strange thing really, something that's always fascinated me.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #657 on: May 6, 2021, 11:07:12 pm »
We are all Liverpool fans, from the local fan who lives at Anfield, to someone who pays thousands from another country to come and have a day at the club he loves.
You can begin to worry about the future of the club in terms of sustainable core support and lobby the club for some local tickets to be set aside, without that meaning what you’re suggesting it means. It’s what happened and was ‘a good thing’, not an act of racism or xenophobia. If you’re not going to invest ANY time in understanding the reasons behind something like that and instead just throw insults around because you’ve completely misunderstood, then I’m not sure you’re going to get anywhere.

Liverpool supporters have embraced the fact that we’re a global club like few other fanbases would have done. My mate still wears his ‘Supporters All Over The World’ scarf, which always gets admiring glances as it’s an absolute classic that I’d love to own myself. It’s been a source of pride that we’ve got supporters in every corner of the world and has resulted in loads of friendships forged and maintained that simply would never have happened without Liverpool FC’s global pull. Comments like yours above are a bit condescending to be honest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #658 on: May 6, 2021, 11:16:42 pm »

The whole tone of 'we are fighting for locals' is just an extension of that aggression against fans not in Liverpool. We are a global club and you should be fighting for all fans.

Either you clarify your stance against fans from abroad, kick out any members who engage in that type of rhetoric, including ban of the aggressive rhetoric like 'KICK OUT THE YANKS' (which is highly offensive to me being raised in America), or in my opinion the club should stay away from yourselves.

Offence is taken, not given. This is RAWK. It's not a recruiting ground for any fan group, it's not a partisan homebase for fanatics either and it's not a soapbox for grudges or excessive pontificating. Wind yer neck in.

You clearly have a deep rooted issue with SoS. Take it up with them directly. Stop derailing a thread on our forum with your frankly aggressive showboating. I've engaged with SoS enough personally to know that they'd welcome and encourage sensible debate regarding issues you may have with them but right now you just come across as the fella who doesn't like the pub and shouts from the outside about how shit it is and how badly they treat people who drink in it.

No, they don't speak for every fan. Neither does RAWK. And neither do you. So pack it in and take your fight with them to them cos you're really starting to irritate us now.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 11:23:15 pm by 24∗7 »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #659 on: May 6, 2021, 11:38:47 pm »
Or there is that.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #660 on: May 6, 2021, 11:51:39 pm »
If you want to be taken as a serious organisation then you can't come out with xenophobic (borderline racist) stance.....
Is it xenophobic? Many americans would identify with the term Yankee readily and hold it as a badge of honour (there's a fucking baseball team with the term in the name ffs), although I accept that may not be all americans and may be predominantly from those in the north/north east.

To me, it's simply being used as an identifier and is clearly a spill over from the previous regime as well, a term on a par with Brit or Aussie.

If you can prove to me it's xenophobic, I'll gladly listen to your case but otherwise it just seems like you want to be offended by something, in which case, bore off!

Online Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #661 on: May 7, 2021, 12:09:31 am »
Is it xenophobic? Many americans would identify with the term Yankee readily and hold it as a badge of honour (there's a fucking baseball team with the term in the name ffs), although I accept that may not be all americans and may be predominantly from those in the north/north east.

To me, it's simply being used as an identifier and is clearly a spill over from the previous regime as well, a term on a par with Brit or Aussie.

If you can prove to me it's xenophobic, I'll gladly listen to your case but otherwise it just seems like you want to be offended by something, in which case, bore off!

You're saying many Americans identify with Yank and that "Yanks Out" is fine just because all the other Yanks should know that it doesn't actually apply to them?  Uhh....

What if I walked down the busiest street in London with an "Aussies Out" sign since I don't think the Murdochs should own anything in Britain, would that be kosher?

This is getting way off base and I personally don't have an issue with it as if you're going to own the teams and make money off it then you have to take the heat when you fuck up.  Just saying that to a casual observer it's not hard to make the inference.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: May 7, 2021, 12:13:14 am »
You're saying many Americans identify with Yank and that "Yanks Out" is fine just because all the other Yanks should know that it doesn't actually apply to them?  Uhh....

What if I walked down the busiest street in London with an "Aussies Out" sign since I don't think the Murdochs should own anything in Britain, would that be kosher?

This is getting way off base and I personally don't have an issue with it as if you're going to own the teams and make money off it then you have to take the heat when you fuck up.  Just saying that to a casual observer it's not hard to make the inference.

You obviously do,you wrote a shit analogy and everything  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #663 on: May 7, 2021, 01:14:38 am »
You obviously do,you wrote a shit analogy and everything  ;D

I think the Murdochs are a cancer that have ruined multiple countries.  That's a terrible analogy?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #664 on: May 7, 2021, 04:57:39 am »
Didn't say anything was fine, I was questioning whether the term "yanks" is xenophobic. You think it is?

And fuck the Murdochs!

Online Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #665 on: May 7, 2021, 06:16:52 am »
Didn't say anything was fine, I was questioning whether the term "yanks" is xenophobic. You think it is?

And fuck the Murdochs!

Xenophobia is a racism/hatred for any non-native group so any word that describes them could suffice.  So yes "yank" could be just as us American's have used many other words to do the same. Which is why in my post about playing devils advocate it's a slippery slope and to a neutral observer it's understandable for them to think so as they wouldn't have the context you have for this particular instance.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: May 7, 2021, 06:32:07 am »
Simple research would provide the necessary context. Anyway, we're off topic and AttentionSeeker is off the scale.

Online Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #667 on: May 7, 2021, 06:50:10 am »
Simple research would provide the necessary context. Anyway, we're off topic and AttentionSeeker is off the scale.

The club is happy to take the money from any fan in any country in the world whether they're well informed fans or not.  That is the context this is all in. 

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 7, 2021, 07:59:51 am »
The club is happy to take the money from any fan in any country in the world whether they're well informed fans or not.  That is the context this is all in. 
And we're back on topic, thanks :D

I personally don't have any further opinions than the ones I've already expressed before, here and elsewhere. The game is just about dead to me, this is just about moderation of the thread Dave, nothing personal to you :wave

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #669 on: May 7, 2021, 08:03:08 am »
You can begin to worry about the future of the club in terms of sustainable core support and lobby the club for some local tickets to be set aside, without that meaning what you’re suggesting it means. It’s what happened and was ‘a good thing’, not an act of racism or xenophobia. If you’re not going to invest ANY time in understanding the reasons behind something like that and instead just throw insults around because you’ve completely misunderstood, then I’m not sure you’re going to get anywhere.

Liverpool supporters have embraced the fact that we’re a global club like few other fanbases would have done. My mate still wears his ‘Supporters All Over The World’ scarf, which always gets admiring glances as it’s an absolute classic that I’d love to own myself. It’s been a source of pride that we’ve got supporters in every corner of the world and has resulted in loads of friendships forged and maintained that simply would never have happened without Liverpool FC’s global pull. Comments like yours above are a bit condescending to be honest.
global club is indeed a thing... its hard for people living in other areas of the North West who feel ostracised from the club as they are not deemed local. is it fair that someone from Wigan or Chester or Warrington feels less chance of going than someone from Sweden?
walk on...walk on...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: May 7, 2021, 08:47:49 am »
I think the Murdochs are a cancer that have ruined multiple countries.  That's a terrible analogy?

Yes, because how the fuck would anyone in London know you were protesting against the Murdochs? You're just randomly walking down the street with a sign that says Aussies out.

That's a bit different to standing outside Anfield with a Yanks Out banner protesting against our American owners  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #671 on: May 7, 2021, 09:50:24 am »
Yes, because how the fuck would anyone in London know you were protesting against the Murdochs? You're just randomly walking down the street with a sign that says Aussies out.

That's a bit different to standing outside Anfield with a Yanks Out banner protesting against our American owners  ;D

Wasn't the 'Yanks out' banner specifically aimed at Hicks and Gillet and a form of shorthand identifier if the owners - there may have been a bit of a political jibe at Hick' connection to GWB but that's just speculation.

A banner now with 'Yanks out' rather than the easily accommodated FSG could be seen as xenophobic.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #672 on: May 7, 2021, 10:13:39 am »
Wasn't the 'Yanks out' banner specifically aimed at Hicks and Gillet and a form of shorthand identifier if the owners - there may have been a bit of a political jibe at Hick' connection to GWB but that's just speculation.

A banner now with 'Yanks out' rather than the easily accommodated FSG could be seen as xenophobic.

Personally I think it is more about the American Sports model that FSG, the Glazers and Kroenke are trying to impose on European Football. The banners are often a play on words comparing Shanks and Yanks. Shanks wasn't a scouser or even English the difference was though that he respected the culture.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #673 on: May 7, 2021, 10:59:30 am »
I really don't get what this Dave person doesn't understand. If he doesn't know who Jay is I can only presume he hasn't followed Liverpool very long. I really don't get, what Dave doesn't get. Jay's post made perfect sense, but probably would have sounded better through his mega phone.
Haha anyone around in 2010 would know Jay, as he was on tele constantly ;D

Can't wait to be back in Dodds and the Church ffs. Really missed everything around going the game. Even the four-six hour drives and M62 nightmares ;D
« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 11:05:05 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 7, 2021, 11:02:43 am »
I honestly don't care but just thought it was an odd thing to say.  I know who Billy Hogan and Ian Ayre are because of decisions they've made for a club I support.   I have no idea who you are and could probably never know without much changing.  So how can that be the same thing being held to the same standard?
There's something very circular in your arguments here - that SoS don't represent you, that you don't know who they are - but if you made the slightest effort to engage with SoS (the official Liverpool Supporters Trust), it would be very easy to see 'who they are' and even to have your views heard and represented. I signed up in 2008, attended a meeting, heard Jay speak, amongst others (I think it was Jay, it was a long time ago), talked to a few other members (almost all OOTs, this being in London). Wasn't very difficult to engage and find out 'who they are', hardly "could probably never know without much changing".
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #675 on: May 7, 2021, 12:19:16 pm »

It was. There have been no SoS banners, or statements with Yanks in since. It was a campaign slogan, very focused, and one that legal opinion has said wouldn't be xenophobic, racist or even be seen as reasonably likely to cause offence.

And more practically, hasn't been a barrier to conversations we, and I, have had with Billy Hogan for example.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #676 on: May 7, 2021, 12:33:20 pm »
Rawk Superstar that is what you are ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: May 7, 2021, 01:44:00 pm »
It was. There have been no SoS banners, or statements with Yanks in since. It was a campaign slogan, very focused, and one that legal opinion has said wouldn't be xenophobic, racist or even be seen as reasonably likely to cause offence.

And more practically, hasn't been a barrier to conversations we, and I, have had with Billy Hogan for example.
Yup - as mentioned yesterday, offence is taken not given. The 'Yanks Out!' was unambiguously clear - it referred to two specific people of that type plus their underlings.....

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #678 on: May 7, 2021, 03:00:43 pm »
Yup - as mentioned yesterday, offence is taken not given. The 'Yanks Out!' was unambiguously clear - it referred to two specific people of that type plus their underlings.....

Yup it was 100% all about Hicks and Gillet no mre no less. That final year was by far the worse time to post on Rawk, it was toxic at times and fans where having a go at each other over those two. They where American and the yanks out motto came from that just that.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #679 on: May 7, 2021, 03:36:02 pm »
There's something very circular in your arguments here - that SoS don't represent you, that you don't know who they are - but if you made the slightest effort to engage with SoS (the official Liverpool Supporters Trust), it would be very easy to see 'who they are' and even to have your views heard and represented. I signed up in 2008, attended a meeting, heard Jay speak, amongst others (I think it was Jay, it was a long time ago), talked to a few other members (almost all OOTs, this being in London). Wasn't very difficult to engage and find out 'who they are', hardly "could probably never know without much changing".

My recent responses I specifically said I was playing devils advocate to show how it can be a fine line.  Nothing other than that.