Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3308490 times)

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #19520 on: November 26, 2018, 11:58:50 am »
Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be more shows with at least two of the core contributors which helps.

Told you we listen!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19521 on: November 26, 2018, 12:46:56 pm »
Post match show food sounded good ;D

Starving here listening to that :D

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19522 on: November 26, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »
That was a good tea.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19523 on: November 26, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »
Mike Nevin: "I said on Citytalk, which subscribers won't hear because it's only on the radio".

I still wish Citytalk was available to listen to afterwards. I always enjoyed it and while I know the Weekender has "replaced" it, they still don't feel like the same show to me, and I don't find myself listening to it with as much regularity as I did Citytalk (which was an instant listen every week).

If the Citytalk show is still recorded by TAW, I don't personally see any benefit to not having it available on demand, unless it's a Radio City imposed restriction.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19524 on: November 26, 2018, 04:39:47 pm »
Ian Salmon desperately needs to delete twitter.

Good pod that, an enjoyable listen during an incredibly dull day in the office.

Only real bit I wanted to talk about was this sentiment of  - City must be frustrated by us, they've been this good and they're only 2 ahead, Guardiola can't read books etc because then he thinks of us - is very reminiscent of a feeling/argument I remember from 16/17 when Chelsea had gone on a 13 game winning streak and we were saying same things - yeah, they're good, but think how they feel about us still being on their coat tails. I hope that this sort of talk, speculation, call it what you will, is kept to a minimum amongst supporters because of potential frustrations from us dropping points first impacting the bond with the team. Ie - oh for fuck sake, we were supposed to be in City's heads, not fall further behind - fuck it, let's slag *insert name* off cos his passing isn't great today.

I definitely don't want to hear it from the club - I'm sure Klopp referenced it in 16/17 and it was closely followed by that brutal 2-2 draw away at Sunderland over the christmas period, an injury or two and then losing Mane for a month. Essentially it became a public thought/awareness through Klopp's press conference and our season fell off the rails shortly afterwards. I think our mentality and squad depth will prevent that this season, but do think putting this sort of argument out there too much can be counterproductive. Even if it's a way that I can't properly articulate.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19525 on: November 26, 2018, 04:49:30 pm »
Ian Salmon desperately needs to delete twitter.

Good pod that, an enjoyable listen during an incredibly dull day in the office.

Only real bit I wanted to talk about was this sentiment of  - City must be frustrated by us, they've been this good and they're only 2 ahead, Guardiola can't read books etc because then he thinks of us - is very reminiscent of a feeling/argument I remember from 16/17 when Chelsea had gone on a 13 game winning streak and we were saying same things - yeah, they're good, but think how they feel about us still being on their coat tails. I hope that this sort of talk, speculation, call it what you will, is kept to a minimum amongst supporters because of potential frustrations from us dropping points first impacting the bond with the team. Ie - oh for fuck sake, we were supposed to be in City's heads, not fall further behind - fuck it, let's slag *insert name* off cos his passing isn't great today.

I definitely don't want to hear it from the club - I'm sure Klopp referenced it in 16/17 and it was closely followed by that brutal 2-2 draw away at Sunderland over the christmas period, an injury or two and then losing Mane for a month. Essentially it became a public thought/awareness through Klopp's press conference and our season fell off the rails shortly afterwards. I think our mentality and squad depth will prevent that this season, but do think putting this sort of argument out there too much can be counterproductive. Even if it's a way that I can't properly articulate.

I don't know whether it's counter-productive or not, but it's definitely an argument which has been utterly flogged to death.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19526 on: November 26, 2018, 05:02:42 pm »
That was a good tea.

Can't believe what you all had wasn't content

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19527 on: November 26, 2018, 05:57:27 pm »

They won the title last season by picking up every point between the end of August and the final game of the year. Every point. They're conditioned to do that in terms of fitness, they're doing that so they can drop off a little bit after Christmas in the league and move their eggs from the League basket to the Champions League basket come Spring. So if someone who you can't control is going some way to foiling your plan it's going to do your head in.

All we can do is try and win every game, so I'll quite happily hear that from the club, cos winning every game is great fun.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19528 on: November 26, 2018, 06:14:11 pm »
They won the title last season by picking up every point between the end of August and the final game of the year. Every point. They're conditioned to do that in terms of fitness, they're doing that so they can drop off a little bit after Christmas in the league and move their eggs from the League basket to the Champions League basket come Spring. So if someone who you can't control is going some way to foiling your plan it's going to do your head in.

All we can do is try and win every game, so I'll quite happily hear that from the club, cos winning every game is great fun.

To the last part, absolutely, just give everything we have to win the next game. Forever. I'm completely sound with that.

To the first, I'm not convinced that Pep thinks like that - aka we'll give it our all until Christmas, have it sewn up, then relax a bit and dropped points will be acceptable. That man is as obvious a perfectionist as there ever has been. I'd bet good money that privately he wants to go unbeaten, and break last years points total while scoring more, conceding less and winning the CL as well.

I'm just saying, I don't want US to talk about City. Basically at all (I get that this isn't ever gonna happen) but I just want to do that first bit you've said. Win every game. Give everything you have to win the next game. Forever. Leave that 'well we've been brilliant but Liverpool are still there' in one place - their heads.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19529 on: November 27, 2018, 11:01:56 am »
Neil talks some twaddle these days. Gerrard is 6'1 and looks it. The hyperbole about Gerrard being an exceptionally intelligent person? Was that why he wanted to replace Rafa with Hodgson?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19530 on: November 27, 2018, 11:02:46 am »
Made up Sean mentioned that Henderson was unlucky to get the first yellow as we should have had the FK.

Also did their lad who committed the foul for Trents goal get a yellow.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19531 on: November 27, 2018, 11:04:20 am »
Neil talks some twaddle these days. Gerrard is 6'1 and looks it. The hyperbole about Gerrard being an exceptionally intelligent person? Was that why he wanted to replace Rafa with Hodgson?

Been almost a year lad. Welcome back. Look forward to your positive comments

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #19532 on: November 27, 2018, 11:15:38 am »
Been happier since I removed TAW's and general Liverpool fanbase's negativity from my life. Shame, it was good while it lasted.

LOL.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #19533 on: November 27, 2018, 11:24:56 am »

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19534 on: November 27, 2018, 11:34:18 am »
Made up Sean mentioned that Henderson was unlucky to get the first yellow as we should have had the FK.

Also did their lad who committed the foul for Trents goal get a yellow.

He didn’t.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19535 on: November 27, 2018, 12:36:48 pm »
Yeah, I got sucked back in, it's gotten worse. 8 billion shows and videos talking bollocks when all they needed was one well-researched, well-planned show a week with the best contributors. At least Can's gone now, eh?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19536 on: November 27, 2018, 12:56:06 pm »
Yeah, I got sucked back in, it's gotten worse. 8 billion shows and videos talking bollocks when all they needed was one well-researched, well-planned show a week with the best contributors. At least Can's gone now, eh?

I'm not taking a shot here but why do it to yourself? You clearly don't enjoy it so why would you continue to go out of your way to be riled by something? Going by your post history you have an unhealthy obsession with TAW. Any chance you have a stake in another LFC podcast?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #19537 on: November 27, 2018, 01:29:10 pm »

haha! Nice to have you back!!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19538 on: November 27, 2018, 01:52:34 pm »
He didn’t.

I was going back through the podcast. Then realised you were answering my question - not disputing what Sean said.

You didn't get "sucked back in" it's not the Godfather mate. You mad a conscious effort to listen to something that you constantly posted about and pretty much always in the negative.

It's like me buying a ticket to a Harry Potter film and expecting a different outcome.

It's not for me, so I steer clear

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19539 on: November 28, 2018, 02:44:45 pm »
Save yourself £5 a month and just listen to the free main show and the weekend show

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19540 on: November 28, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »

If it’s not for you lad don’t listen to it! It’s pretty simple. Talking of things getting worse, your posts aren’t improving.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19541 on: November 28, 2018, 03:12:51 pm »
Save yourself £5 a month and just listen to the free main show and the weekend show

What a boss username.   ;D  I doff my cap sir.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #19542 on: November 28, 2018, 06:36:36 pm »
Gibbo`s description of the Salah goal against City last season on "The Greatest". Brilliant. Peak Gibbo.

Great show. Brillant room. Fantastic intro by Gutmann as always.

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #19543 on: November 28, 2018, 08:44:19 pm »
Sean Rogers bores me to tears on the review.

Ben Johnson really good on it mind.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19544 on: November 29, 2018, 12:37:45 am »

I wouldn't care if they hadn't created a great product and got me hooked. A bunch of well-read and well-researched grown men in a room discussing football intelligently and concisely once a week. No kids in their early 20's, no women and no social media or gambling nonsense. Turns out it's surprisingly hard to do. Who knew?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19545 on: November 29, 2018, 01:41:23 am »
I wouldn't care if they hadn't created a great product and got me hooked. A bunch of well-read and well-researched grown men in a room discussing football intelligently and concisely once a week. No kids in their early 20's, no women and no social media or gambling nonsense. Turns out it's surprisingly hard to do. Who knew?

:lmao what century are you from?

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19546 on: November 29, 2018, 06:29:11 am »

To be fair, I think he`s got some points in this. I definitely prefer the "older" original
contributers myself(just think they`re generally more knowledgeable and have more interesting stuff to say).  So I can see what he means. Having said that, when they put out so many shows they probably can`t use them all the time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:34:53 am by Raaphael »

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19547 on: November 29, 2018, 06:41:19 am »
My favourite commentor is Mel Reddy. A lot of people don't seem to get past her voice, for some reason, though I feel she's far more insightful than most of the male pundits.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19548 on: November 29, 2018, 06:51:39 am »
My favourite commentor is Mel Reddy. A lot of people don't seem to get past her voice, for some reason, though I feel she's far more insightful than most of the male pundits.

Agree with that. She`s good and probably the one that really stands out. But in general, I`m not sure if he`s that wrong. 

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19549 on: November 29, 2018, 07:04:14 am »
Agree with that. She`s good and probably the one that really stands out. But in general, I`m not sure if he`s that wrong.
That's fair, and the reason I didn't quote you. I tend to prefer the older/longer-serving people too. He just went a bit too far, in my opinion.  :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:06:38 am by cricketrocks »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19550 on: November 29, 2018, 07:50:18 am »

You're embarrassing yourself now fella. It was funny at first.

Grow up or shut up

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #19551 on: November 29, 2018, 10:49:15 am »

Ahhh I get it now.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19552 on: November 29, 2018, 11:19:20 am »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #19553 on: November 29, 2018, 11:28:30 am »
Had to read it twice to make sure he actually wrote that. Wow.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19554 on: November 29, 2018, 12:11:43 pm »
Gibbo - anyone not out by 3 o’clock on the 11th is a bizzie :D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19555 on: November 29, 2018, 12:16:55 pm »
No kids in their early 20's, no women and no social media or gambling nonsense.

:duh

I think that's in the TAW mission statement.     ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19556 on: November 29, 2018, 12:56:56 pm »
Gibbo - anyone not out by 3 o’clock on the 11th is a bizzie :D

Well I'm leaving an off-site in Sheffield early. To enable me to get train beers and jump on the train back to Liverpool.

Can't leave until 4 though 🚔

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19557 on: November 29, 2018, 02:34:15 pm »
The re-recorded Anfield Wrap with John Barnes, God, Aldo, and a big fucking red pigeon. My poor eyes. My poor ears ... I just died a bit inside ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/supermovers/46308232
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19558 on: November 29, 2018, 02:45:58 pm »
Well I'm leaving an off-site in Sheffield early. To enable me to get train beers and jump on the train back to Liverpool.

Can't leave until 4 though 🚔

I'm leaving ours on the 8th - true story :D (I am coming a long way like).

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19559 on: November 29, 2018, 02:52:29 pm »

Brexit means Brexit.