Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3545416 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #20720 on: February 24, 2021, 12:10:08 am »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/05/nike-liverpool-21-22-training-kit.html

Sexy. I really liked the maroon training gear NB did a few seasons ago (I believe in the run up to Kiev). This is close to that colour although a bit brighter.

Wish there was a way to get the AXA peeled off.
YNWA.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20721 on: February 24, 2021, 02:45:26 am »
Sexy. I really liked the maroon training gear NB did a few seasons ago (I believe in the run up to Kiev). This is close to that colour although a bit brighter.

Wish there was a way to get the AXA peeled off.

There is a way. Use Acetone. It won't stain the shirt and you can wish the shirt obviously once it dries. You'll need to use a brush or a light cloth so you can srub off the small particles that will be remaining on the shirt, but the sponsor will dissolve for the most part right away.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #20722 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:36 am »
Like the darker colour , like the peeper red I think we had a short time ago

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20723 on: February 24, 2021, 10:15:03 am »
There is a way. Use Acetone. It won't stain the shirt and you can wish the shirt obviously once it dries. You'll need to use a brush or a light cloth so you can srub off the small particles that will be remaining on the shirt, but the sponsor will dissolve for the most part right away.

Interesting, always assumed acetone would fuck up the material too. I'll wait for it to hit sales first in case ;)
YNWA.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20724 on: February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 am »
Interesting, always assumed acetone would fuck up the material too. I'll wait for it to hit sales first in case ;)

Grab a cheap one from Ebay and test it on that first?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liverpool-Nike-training-top/233905106565?hash=item3675d4ae85:g:XEgAAOSwDQVgMuaJ
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20725 on: February 25, 2021, 03:59:15 pm »
Ever since we went to Nike....our injuries have been piling up.

Back to New Balance please. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20726 on: February 25, 2021, 04:06:30 pm »
Ever since we went to Nike....our injuries have been piling up.

Back to New Balance please. :P

There's a Barca fan in the factory putting a curse on our kits, the bastard :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #20727 on: February 25, 2021, 04:22:38 pm »

Nice one. Might have to try that. I got a cheap goalie kit (the nice black one from last season) off DH Gate. The sponsers already started peeling off, and I want rid of them completely.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20728 on: February 25, 2021, 05:26:16 pm »
Nice one. Might have to try that. I got a cheap goalie kit (the nice black one from last season) off DH Gate. The sponsers already started peeling off, and I want rid of them completely.

I did this with the 18/19 kit. I didn't get it until the end of the season after we won 6, and the kit was sold out pretty much everywhere. I wanted to put the CL patches and the 6 badge, but the shirt had the WU sponsor on it. So i found out that it could be removed like that. Once I removed it, I got the patch over it

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20729 on: February 25, 2021, 06:18:55 pm »
On the Manc Mafia question.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting City are doing anything, no one cares enough. But it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that all these Manc reds in their 40s grew up disliking Liverpool. Would t be a giant leap. Just think it’s a few personal biases rather than anything more, but especially in empty grounds they know they can take the piss a bit.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20730 on: February 25, 2021, 07:16:41 pm »

I don’t think anyone is suggesting City are doing anything, no one cares enough. But it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that all these Manc reds in their 40s grew up disliking Liverpool. Would t be a giant leap. Just think it’s a few personal biases rather than anything more, but especially in empty grounds they know they can take the piss a bit.

Wrong thread by any chance? ;)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20731 on: February 25, 2021, 07:52:02 pm »

But what do you think of their kit?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20732 on: February 25, 2021, 07:55:02 pm »
But what do you think of their kit?

He can't see it

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20734 on: February 27, 2021, 01:14:35 pm »
No new leaks, all concepts at this point

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20735 on: February 27, 2021, 02:17:55 pm »

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20736 on: February 28, 2021, 10:01:17 pm »
Haven't been on this thread for a while so I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I like the look of the new Standard Chartared logo that will presumably be on our kits from next season. Looks a bit more dynamic. Always thought the old typography was a little dull.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20737 on: February 28, 2021, 10:18:16 pm »
Haven't been on this thread for a while so I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I like the look of the new Standard Chartared logo that will presumably be on our kits from next season. Looks a bit more dynamic. Always thought the old typography was a little dull.
Just noticed it on the mockups, will definitely improve the look a bit.

As for the new kit, will be happy with anything as long as it doesn't have collars. Personally I also think the green/teal is to blame for all our injuries this season.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20738 on: February 28, 2021, 10:31:39 pm »
Just noticed it on the mockups, will definitely improve the look a bit.

As for the new kit, will be happy with anything as long as it doesn't have collars. Personally I also think the green/teal is to blame for all our injuries this season.

Ha! I've always believed the correlation between a kit and the success of a team is a strangely understudied subject! Having said that, I'm one of the few who quite like this seasons kit.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #20739 on: February 28, 2021, 10:56:14 pm »
Ha! I've always believed the correlation between a kit and the success of a team is a strangely understudied subject! Having said that, I'm one of the few who quite like this seasons kit.

I would have been reasonably happy with this season's kit if it didn’t have that stupid white stripe running down the side of it. Apart from that it was a fairly classy design. I don't even mind the green, since we started wearing green away kits around the time I started properly supporting the club. I have a nostalgic feeling about it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20740 on: February 28, 2021, 11:03:33 pm »
Aye, nostalgic to the days of us being shit.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #20741 on: March 4, 2021, 09:02:45 am »
New home kit will be launched last game of the season at home, with a release date the following week. Colour scheme mentioned is correct. New SC logo will be on all 3 kits.

Away kit is released late June

Third kit early August.

The training wear is lovely. The dark red makes it look top notch. Training gear base range end of May.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #20742 on: March 5, 2021, 11:19:55 pm »
Any images likely to leak out soon? We're not that far off the end of the season; surely we can see some mock-ups at least.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20743 on: March 6, 2021, 05:38:49 am »
Any images likely to leak out soon? We're not that far off the end of the season; surely we can see some mock-ups at least.

Concepts have been out yes, but leaks not yet.

Offline Szymek

• Main Stander
  • Polish LFC supporter
    • Centrum Gfx
« Reply #20744 on: March 6, 2021, 07:28:39 pm »
Why Nike can't design something simple and clear like below for example:

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #20745 on: March 12, 2021, 02:07:05 pm »
This is floating about on twitter today. Can anyone shed any light?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #20746 on: March 12, 2021, 02:24:53 pm »
Good that they've taken the photograph on a nice plain background so we can really take it in.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20747 on: March 12, 2021, 02:26:27 pm »
Surely we wouldn't have black on the collar and pink cuffs!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #20748 on: March 12, 2021, 02:26:33 pm »
Why Nike can't design something simple and clear like below for example:

It'd be the same every year and there'd be no reason for people to buy it.

Smart enough - liked it when we had it as our Champions League kit in 2001-02.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20749 on: March 12, 2021, 02:28:11 pm »
This is floating about on twitter today. Can anyone shed any light?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Opinion on Twitter seems to be negative but I rather like this; minus the pink cuffs.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20750 on: March 12, 2021, 02:33:30 pm »
Black collar?  Not sure about that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20751 on: March 12, 2021, 02:38:01 pm »
The huge smiley in the middle ruins it for me to be honest.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20752 on: March 12, 2021, 02:38:28 pm »
Gonna be fucking funny in here if that's real.

If the confirmed colours are right then the sponsors and badge are in "fossil" which is cream and the pink stripes are "bright crimsom" like we've got on some of the training gear.

The collar will dark green, I think.

Footy headlines seems to think it's real and usually quite reliable on this stuff: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/03/liverpool-21-22-home-kit-leaked.html

Spurs kit has been leaked today too: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/03/leaked-tottenham-21-22-home-kit.html

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #20753 on: March 12, 2021, 02:42:02 pm »
Black collar, very unconventional. Would Nike be controversial enough to reinstate white shorts? Remember when they first took over Arsenal in mid 90s they were gonna remove the famous white sleeves before fans and players protested.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20754 on: March 12, 2021, 02:42:07 pm »
Spurs one looks really smart.

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20755 on: March 12, 2021, 03:47:50 pm »
Which person at the club is approving these designs?  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20756 on: March 12, 2021, 04:26:34 pm »

Our new CFO (Chief Fashion Officer), Noz Hyde.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20757 on: March 12, 2021, 04:30:36 pm »

No one has said this is official

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20758 on: March 12, 2021, 04:36:23 pm »
No one has said this is official

Footy headlines is usually correct with this stuff.

But yes technically you are correct.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #20759 on: March 12, 2021, 04:42:46 pm »
I quite like it, probably more than this seasons. The diagonal stripes are nice.

Collar and cuff colours are a little strange but I’ll get used to them.