Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3548760 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #20880 on: March 21, 2021, 11:51:35 pm »
It's not so much the fact that people discuss it, of course that's fine it's a LFC forum, moreso the stuff people come out with about it being a disgrace and, my personal favourite, being 'the wrong red'. Everyone turns into Gok Wan all of a sudden.
If fact, I've changed my mind. I look forward to the comments on here more than the actual kit itself. 😂

I personally can't wait for Al's opinion :D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20881 on: March 22, 2021, 07:45:51 am »
I personally can't wait for Al's opinion :D

I'm sure the kit will be a sign that FSG didn't back the manager in the summer of 2019.....or something similar
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 07:52:26 am by Ratboy3G »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20882 on: March 22, 2021, 08:07:07 am »
got all three kits (shirt/shorts) from this season for the gym/dossing about at home in for £17 each delivered from China, can't moan at those prices, will prob do the same next season too. Kids kits are even cheaper. Came with the Nike labels, in the Nike bags etc so prob from the same factory.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20883 on: March 22, 2021, 10:14:37 am »
They were always my boots of choice during my 11 a side days 😎

My Ma couldn't afford to get me Kings as a kid, so had to go for the Puma Dalglish.

Best boots I had was a pair of Adidas Penarol, got them from Barnett Shieldhouse.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20884 on: March 22, 2021, 10:18:03 am »
Possible third kit leak today on twitter.

Wanted us to have this kit for a long time. Be great if its real

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #20885 on: March 22, 2021, 10:43:00 am »
Wanted us to have this kit for a long time. Be great if its real

Its counterfeit. Design isn't this unfortunately

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #20886 on: March 22, 2021, 11:55:06 am »
Possible third kit leak today on twitter.
That's spot on to be fair, if it's genuine.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #20887 on: March 22, 2021, 12:05:49 pm »
Better be plain yellow :no  ;)

83/84 away kit were we won almost every trophy we took part in apart from the FA cup[fuckin Brighton :no].

I had this kit though
#Sausages

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #20888 on: March 22, 2021, 12:15:19 pm »
Its counterfeit. Design isn't this unfortunately

What is it then?
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #20889 on: March 22, 2021, 12:26:34 pm »
Better be plain yellow :no  ;)

I don't know what it is but that yellow kit for me is our iconic Away/Third kit.
A bit like how Man Utd have over the years had their all-dark blue third kit as their iconic Away/Third kit.

The other iconic LFC Away/Third kit combo would be our white shirts and socks (with red trim) and black shorts.
I know Man Utd also had a similar kit around the same time, but that just strikes me as classic LFC.

In the modern era, it seems like lots of green on our kits has become a bit unique and iconic to us.
I can't think of other teams who keep going back to green or have even dabbled with it.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #20890 on: March 23, 2021, 09:54:54 am »
I usually hate our yellow kits (the combination of yellow and red isn't appealing to me)

Feels like a mad shout, this.

All opinions, like, but the red on yellow is an absolute classic Liverpool vintage.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20891 on: March 23, 2021, 01:45:00 pm »
My OCD can't handle Standard Chartered flipping their design and not having the d's align.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20892 on: March 23, 2021, 02:03:11 pm »
My OCD can't handle Standard Chartered flipping their design and not having the d's align.

and my OCD can't handle the zig zag horizontal stripes  :(

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #20893 on: March 23, 2021, 02:06:12 pm »

All opinions, like, but the red on yellow is an absolute classic Liverpool vintage.
It is, I fully accept it. Most really love those kits but for me it's just the combination of colours is just not really appealing.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20894 on: March 23, 2021, 02:20:16 pm »
I don't know what it is but that yellow kit for me is our iconic Away/Third kit.
A bit like how Man Utd have over the years had their all-dark blue third kit as their iconic Away/Third kit.

The other iconic LFC Away/Third kit combo would be our white shirts and socks (with red trim) and black shorts.
I know Man Utd also had a similar kit around the same time, but that just strikes me as classic LFC.

In the modern era, it seems like lots of green on our kits has become a bit unique and iconic to us.
I can't think of other teams who keep going back to green or have even dabbled with it.

I hated that kit, to my young mind, we always seemed to lose big games in it, started with the 77 FA Cup final. I loved the yellow kit the first time I saw it and would love us to go back to it as our away.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #20895 on: March 23, 2021, 02:29:00 pm »
I hate every yellow kit we've ever had. The right shade could maybe work with black, like Dortmund. Combined with the red though it just seems like such an American fast-food colour scheme.

Our black, white or grey kits look much better. I always liked this underused colour combination too...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20896 on: March 23, 2021, 02:38:52 pm »
McNasty's really ruined the yellow red combination :D

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20897 on: March 23, 2021, 02:52:57 pm »
For me the Umbro/Hitachi white away & yellow third and Adidas/Crown Paints white away and yellow third were the absolute pinnacle of Liverpool change kits (and possibly home kits). I'm a child of the 90's so got a soft spot for the green and white kits too but think it's fucking mad anyone saying yellow isn't an LFC colour or good combo.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20898 on: March 23, 2021, 02:53:43 pm »
McNasty's really ruined the yellow red combination :D

Ruined a lot more than that, the vile tasting shite. Not even sure when McNasty's first opened in Liverpool. I remember the Wimpy in Ranelagh Street being there as a kid, but McNastys was never a part of my childhood, thank fuck.

Aren't they all green or something now?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20899 on: March 23, 2021, 03:48:39 pm »
Best kit ever is 89 silver/grey Candy away top.

I'm not buying anything from Nike until/unless they do a silver/grey away in the next few years.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20900 on: March 23, 2021, 04:02:44 pm »

I always liked this underused colour combination too...

Love that shirt, one of my faves of recent years, gorgeous colour.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #20901 on: March 23, 2021, 04:12:53 pm »
I hate every yellow kit we've ever had. The right shade could maybe work with black, like Dortmund. Combined with the red though it just seems like such an American fast-food colour scheme.

Our black, white or grey kits look much better. I always liked this underused colour combination too...

That is how you make a teal kit. I think that all of our 08/09 kits were just beautiful.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20902 on: March 23, 2021, 05:42:46 pm »
Best kit ever is 89 silver/grey Candy away top.

I'm not buying anything from Nike until/unless they do a silver/grey away in the next few years.

One of my first kits was the silver Crown Paints one from 87/88. The plain one without the triangle pattern. Gas-jus. Shorts were weirdly blue-ish from memory, maybe my mum just messed the washing up.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20903 on: March 23, 2021, 06:11:57 pm »

Always looked like we had 10 outfield goalkeepers, I think it was the black that did it. Replace the black with white and i'm all over it

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #20904 on: March 23, 2021, 07:43:04 pm »

Always loved this kit, pity we were shite  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20905 on: March 24, 2021, 08:26:31 am »

It has to be done right. The 14/15 away kit is one of our weakest in recent memory, although that might have something to do with the incredibly shoddy-looking Warrior design.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #20906 on: March 24, 2021, 10:54:11 am »
I´ve always associated Yellow and Red with Liverpool away kits, and I´m of a young enough generation that I always remember us having Green away kits also.

Likewise that White/Black/Red one from the picture above looks great (again I was too young to realise that away colour scheme has some history behind it)

Mainly though I will settle for any away kit that isn´t a load of shite. The trouble is most of them are a load of shite.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20907 on: March 24, 2021, 11:10:01 am »
I´ve always associated Yellow and Red with Liverpool away kits, and I´m of a young enough generation that I always remember us having Green away kits also.

Likewise that White/Black/Red one from the picture above looks great (again I was too young to realise that away colour scheme has some history behind it)

Mainly though I will settle for any away kit that isn´t a load of shite. The trouble is most of them are a load of shite.

The away kit I grew up with

Jurgen YNWA

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20908 on: March 24, 2021, 12:12:39 pm »

Absolutely a Liverpool colour combo this, not United. They always had all white and blue and white until mid 70's we had White & black shorts going back to pre-war. Baffling when people say it's a united kit.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20909 on: March 24, 2021, 12:41:47 pm »

Always loved this kit, pity we were shite  ;D

Fair dues to anyone who guesses this team first look. 10 years ago ? Some Cup competition ? Maybe UEFA Cup ?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20910 on: March 24, 2021, 12:58:44 pm »
Fair dues to anyone who guesses this team first look. 10 years ago ? Some Cup competition ? Maybe UEFA Cup ?

UEFA CUp

-Poulsen
-Aurelio
-Kelly[I think]
-Lad we bought from Rangers can't remember his name
-Kyriagos
-Reina
-Joe Cole
-Jovanovic
-Babel
-Pacheco
-Shelvey

I now have PTSD.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20911 on: March 24, 2021, 01:01:11 pm »
UEFA CUp

-Poulsen
-Aurelio
-Kelly[I think]
-Lad we bought from Rangers can't remember his name
-Kyriagos
-Reina
-Joe Cole
-Jovanovic
-Babel
-Pacheco
-Shelvey

I now have PTSD.
Danny Wilson

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #20912 on: March 24, 2021, 01:12:28 pm »

Very much the gold standard of away kits / colour schemes....all the best subsequent efforts have been variations on it...

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20913 on: March 24, 2021, 02:16:18 pm »

Very much the gold standard of away kits / colour schemes....all the best subsequent efforts have been variations on it...

I agree 200%. I like the term "gold standard".

That's why it's baffling why our kit manufacturers have consistently avoided this colour scheme.
And, by extension, the all-yellow colour scheme.

It's like we've entered an era where all our non-Home kits will have no connection with our heritage.
And - worryingly - some of our Home kits are starting to incorporate silly little 'modern twists', e.g. the 'white socks' from the other season, and the green piping this season.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #20914 on: March 24, 2021, 02:41:57 pm »
Never been a fan of white kits, Generally quality deteriorates very quickly.

The away/third should always be Green, Yellow, Florescent Orange, Purple or other.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20915 on: March 24, 2021, 02:46:52 pm »

My favourite LFC away top of all time is this one (obviously, without the Joey Jones personalisation on this particular example).  https://jamiecarragher23.com/product/joey-jones-honours-shirt/ 

1976-79, white with red collar and cuffs, Gold embroidered Liver Bird with matching gold Umbro logo.

I never had it off my back and even wore it to school.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20916 on: March 24, 2021, 02:53:32 pm »
The 3rd kit will definitely have the classic Nike logo, and it will be yellow at the bare minimum per FootyHeadlines.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #20917 on: March 24, 2021, 03:39:27 pm »
Absolutely a Liverpool colour combo this, not United. They always had all white and blue and white until mid 70's we had White & black shorts going back to pre-war. Baffling when people say it's a united kit.

Spot on.

I just wish they'd stick to the same colour combos every year.  Sure, alter the design a little, but I hate green, purple, tango orange etc.

It should forever be ....

Home RED
Away WHITE and Black shorts
3rd  YELLOW with red trim

And with those 3 variants, we would never clash with any other teams colours ever* (often a problem with our one single old black and white away kit was clashing with red and white striped teams like Soton, Sheff U and Sunderland - which is probably why our all yellow was introduced)

*Watford was a problem in the 80s for a whiile.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 03:45:04 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20918 on: March 24, 2021, 03:58:49 pm »

Spot on.

I just wish they'd stick to the same colour combos every year.  Sure, alter the design a little, but I hate green, purple, tango orange etc.

It should forever be ....

Home RED
Away WHITE and Black shorts
3rd  YELLOW with red trim

And with those 3 variants, we would never clash with any other teams colours ever* (often a problem with our one single old black and white away kit was clashing with red and white striped teams like Soton, Sheff U and Sunderland - which is probably why our all yellow was introduced)

*Watford was a problem in the 80s for a whiile.
AGREED!

In the past when you looked at the crowd on the stands/terraces, the main colours you'd see would be red and white...with bits of yellow as we entered the 80s.
It is pretty much still like that.

That says something.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #20919 on: March 24, 2021, 04:06:54 pm »
AGREED!

In the past when you looked at the crowd on the stands/terraces, the main colours you'd see would be red and white...with bits of yellow as we entered the 80s.
It is pretty much still like that.

That says something.

Exactly.

I used to have this scarf back in 79/80  (I no longer have it - wonder if this one on ebay is mine?!!)

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate