Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923579 times)

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10160 on: July 18, 2018, 09:16:56 pm »
Absolutely gutted for Ox. Was becoming an influential player for us. Let's hope the talk about being out the whole season is the worst case scenario

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10161 on: July 18, 2018, 09:18:34 pm »
Absolutely gutted for Ox. Was becoming an influential player for us. Let's hope the talk about being out the whole season is the worst case scenario

Aren't these estimates usually more pessimistic in order to allow for the worst case scenario?

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #10162 on: July 18, 2018, 09:29:38 pm »
Aren't these estimates usually more pessimistic in order to allow for the worst case scenario?
Truly hope so mate

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10163 on: July 19, 2018, 06:31:03 am »
Hats off to Chambo for keeping this to himself... best of luck in the future, mate!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10164 on: July 19, 2018, 07:01:40 am »

I've read he did ACL, PCL, LCL and also ruptured his hamstring tendon. It's a year out minimum and that's the pessimistic view

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10165 on: July 19, 2018, 07:05:13 am »
I've read he did ACL, PCL, LCL and also ruptured his hamstring tendon. It's a year out minimum and that's the pessimistic view
Chances of a proper recovery after that?

Got to have an impact surely.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10166 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:51 am »
Do you mean pessimistic or optimistic? (Way you phrased this makes me think you mean optimistic?)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10167 on: July 19, 2018, 08:35:32 am »
Do you mean pessimistic or optimistic? (Way you phrased this makes me think you mean optimistic?)

Yeah sorry I did mean optimistic.

Chances of a proper recovery after that?

Got to have an impact surely.

I have no idea so couldn't say

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10168 on: July 27, 2018, 10:54:37 pm »
Not sure where to post this..but as it pertains to injuries suffered, I suppose it's as good a place as any.
Anyway good to see Jürgen's finally called out that thug..

Jürgen Klopp attacks Sergio Ramos over ‘ruthless and brutal’ final display

• Liverpool manager says Ramos tackled Salah ‘like a wrestler’
• Alisson move unrelated to Champions League final outcome

Andy Hunter in Ann Arbor

Jürgen Klopp has opened up on Liverpool’s Champions League final defeat for the first time and described Sergio Ramos as acting like a brutal wrestler when injuring Mohamed Salah in Kiev. Liverpool would still have signed Alisson for a world-record goalkeeping fee had they beaten Real Madrid in May, Klopp confirmed.

The Liverpool manager accused Ramos of deliberately targeting Salah and Loris Karius, who suffered concussion moments before gifting Karim Benzema the opening goal, and the referee Milorad Mazic of lacking the courage to dismiss the Real captain in such a high-profile fixture. Klopp had previously kept his counsel on the decisive incidents in Kiev but did not hold back when pressed again on Liverpool’s US tour, insisting Ramos’s history of controversy requires greater scrutiny.

“We are opening that bottle again?” said Klopp, speaking before Saturday’s International Champions Cup game against Manchester United. “It is action-reaction-action-reaction and I don’t like that but – if you watch it back and you are not with Real Madrid – then you think it is ruthless and brutal.

“I saw the ref taking charge of big games at the World Cup and nobody really thinks about that later. But in a situation like that somebody needs to judge it better. If VAR is coming then it is a situation where you have to look again. Not to give a red card but to look again and say: ‘What is that?’ It was ruthless.
Jürgen Klopp said: ‘We are aggressive but I always use the word “legal” as well.’

“I’m not sure it is an experience we will have again – go there and put an elbow to the goalkeeper, put their goalscorer down like a wrestler in midfield and then you win the game. That was the story of the game. Ramos said a lot of things afterwards that I didn’t like. As a person I didn’t like the reactions of him. He was like: ‘Whatever, what do they want? It’s normal.’ No, it is not normal. If you put all of the situations of Ramos together then you will see a lot of situations with Ramos. The year before against Juve he was responsible for the red card for [Juan] Cuadrado. Nobody talks about that afterwards. It is like we, the world out there, accepts that you use each weapon to win the game. People probably expect that I am the same. I am not.”

He added: “We are aggressive but I always use the word ‘legal as well’. Usually if you try something you will get punished. Someone will see it and ban you for four or five weeks. But in this example, no one. This ref should have had the courage to decide that game. In this situation we didn’t get it and, if you write this, people will say I am weak or a bad loser or a whiner. I am not. I accept it. It’s not like I wake up in the morning and think: ‘Ramos!’

“In a final you need to have a bit of luck and we didn’t have it. They had luck in different situations and we didn’t. They scored a bicycle kick, come on! We all know [Gareth] Bale can do that but he probably put more balls from that situation in the stands than in the goal. If that’s not luck then I don’t know what is. Then the situation around Loris.”

Klopp knew Liverpool would be accused of making excuses for defeat by disclosing Karius tested positive for concussion several days after the final but insisted the club had no option but to make the diagnosis public. However, he confirmed, also for the first time, that Liverpool would have pursued the £65m deal for Alisson irrespective of Karius’s display in Kiev.

Liverpool inquired about the Brazil international in January and Klopp added: “We didn’t use the concussion as an excuse for one second but how can we not put it out as an explanation? The problem is only now that people still don’t believe it, and then we bring in a new goalkeeper and people think we don’t believe it as well, which is not true.
Sadio Mané's stoppage-time winner lifts Liverpool over Manchester City
Read more

“If Alisson was on the market and we’d won the final, we would have gone for him, because he’s the goalkeeper we want. The other goalkeepers are really good, like all our other players, but that doesn’t mean we don’t bring in another one. We bring in another one because we can make the next step with the new players, like Naby [Keita] and all the others.”

José Mourinho has claimed there is a demand on Liverpool to win the title having spent more than £170m on new players this summer. The United manager also said it was funny Klopp had invested heavily having previously objected to extravagant transfer fees. “I heard he was smiling when he said it and he found it funny,” said the Liverpool manager, “so I am really happy that José is smiling. It doesn’t happen often.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/27/jurgen-klopp-sergio-ramos-ruthless-brutal-champions-league-final-liverpool-real-madrid?CMP=share_btn_tw

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10169 on: July 27, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »
Had a mini-scare seeing this so thread so far up.  >:(

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #10170 on: July 27, 2018, 11:06:10 pm »
Very happy to see Klopp calling Ramos out. Needed to be said. And would have seemed strange if someone else in the club came out with it and he remained silent. It’s amazing how
The football world just assimilates these injustices and tags the perpetrators as “born winners” and other such bollocks.

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10171 on: July 27, 2018, 11:11:37 pm »
Very happy to see Klopp calling Ramos out. Needed to be said. And would have seemed strange if someone else in the club came out with it and he remained silent. It’s amazing how
The football world just assimilates these injustices and tags the perpetrators as “born winners” and other such bollocks.

Yep the ass backwards, win-at-all-cost mentality has no place in any sport..well in the sport i want to enjoy watching anyway.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10172 on: July 27, 2018, 11:18:05 pm »
Indeed. And celebrating like a bunch of tarts. Really hope
We draw them this year. A spanking is in order.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10173 on: July 27, 2018, 11:25:32 pm »
Indeed. And celebrating like a bunch of tarts. Really hope
We draw them this year. A spanking is in order.

We can beat anyone in Europe, I’m sure our players would love to get some revenge.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10174 on: July 27, 2018, 11:33:32 pm »
We can beat anyone in Europe, I’m sure our players would love to get some revenge.

I’ve got Klopp screaming “we can’t lose” into the refs face in my head now. Can’t remember what match t was. Cracked me up.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10175 on: July 27, 2018, 11:35:42 pm »
I’ve got Klopp screaming “we can’t lose” into the refs face in my head now. Can’t remember what match t was. Cracked me up.

I think it was after Mignolet saved a penalty against Chelsea.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #10176 on: July 28, 2018, 03:39:05 am »

“In a final you need to have a bit of luck and we didn’t have it. They had luck in different situations and we didn’t. They scored a bicycle kick, come on! We all know [Gareth] Bale can do that but he probably put more balls from that situation in the stands than in the goal. If that’s not luck then I don’t know what is. Then the situation around Loris.”

I agree with everything apart from the above. That doesn't come off well. If that goal was luck, then most of the goals every team scores are luck, not skill or timing or awareness. I basically agree with everything that Klopp says, especially the Ramos bit here, but blaming some of the loss on luck - he's better than that.

In terms of injuries, the one on Ox really hurt us. With him and Naby as 8's I could see us challenge for the title, or at least close the gap to City by a good margin.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10177 on: July 28, 2018, 08:18:31 am »
I agree with everything apart from the above. That doesn't come off well. If that goal was luck, then most of the goals every team scores are luck, not skill or timing or awareness. I basically agree with everything that Klopp says, especially the Ramos bit here, but blaming some of the loss on luck - he's better than that.

In terms of injuries, the one on Ox really hurt us. With him and Naby as 8's I could see us challenge for the title, or at least close the gap to City by a good margin.

If I remember correctly, there was a slight deflection that altered the flight of the ball, so he didn't hit it from the exact position he originally intended. Maybe without the deflection it would have gone in, maybe not.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10178 on: July 28, 2018, 08:27:07 am »
Thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10179 on: July 28, 2018, 08:33:15 am »
Karius has a knee injury. Underlings face Utd.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10180 on: July 28, 2018, 08:57:07 am »
Karius has a knee injury. Underlings face Utd.

Poor guy isn't having much of a good time lately, but at least it gives one of the kids a chance.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/309386-loris-karius-liverpool-manchester-united-goalkeepers

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10181 on: July 28, 2018, 09:06:40 am »
Poor guy isn't having much of a good time lately, but at least it gives one of the kids a chance.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/309386-loris-karius-liverpool-manchester-united-goalkeepers

Glad Grabara will get some time. If he only misses this one friendly it will be awfully coincidental timing ;)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10182 on: July 30, 2018, 09:12:39 pm »
Didn't know where to put it but just seen this but haven't seen anything else about it, anyone know any more?

Ruben Pons leaves Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club wishes to announce that first-team physiotherapist Ruben Pons has left his post with immediate effect.

Ruben would like to express his gratitude to colleagues, supporters and playing staff for making his time at the club a memorable experience.

The club thanks Ruben for his work at Melwood over the last four years and wishes him well for the future.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/309764-ruben-pons-liverpool-fc
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10183 on: August 4, 2018, 10:50:05 pm »
Going to scar up nicely that...still, ouch!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10184 on: August 4, 2018, 11:35:12 pm »
he's hilarious

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10185 on: August 5, 2018, 02:46:07 am »

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10186 on: August 5, 2018, 02:53:17 am »
Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10187 on: August 5, 2018, 05:47:25 am »
‘‘Tis but a scratch
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #10188 on: August 5, 2018, 09:44:20 am »
Chicks dig scars.

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10189 on: August 10, 2018, 10:02:22 pm »
What’s the word on our CB’s?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10190 on: August 10, 2018, 10:12:50 pm »
What’s the word on our CB’s?

Gomez and Matip were assessed today per Klopp during his presser but that was before training, so no idea if they will be fit for Sunday.

I imagine Gomez will be, they both were in training yesterday.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10191 on: August 11, 2018, 12:04:03 pm »
It looks like Lovren's now picked up a long term injury https://twitter.com/IgnatFootball/status/1028229853273907201

Let's hope it's not so bad.

Who the fuck is Ignat Football?

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10192 on: August 11, 2018, 12:07:58 pm »
He was definitely in some with Mo as he was sporting his new shaved barnet.
Thought so, haven’t checked any from the past couple of days though

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #10193 on: August 11, 2018, 12:16:08 pm »
Thought so, haven’t checked any from the past couple of days though

I see there's updates on the situation.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10194 on: August 11, 2018, 12:18:22 pm »
I see there's updates on the situation.

From the club?

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10195 on: August 11, 2018, 12:37:32 pm »
From the club?

On the Twitter. It's all there now.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10196 on: August 11, 2018, 12:43:05 pm »
On the Twitter. It's all there now.

I haven't seen anything from anyone I'd consider reliable.

Lovren has been in training so that tweet you posted definitely got that wrong.

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10197 on: August 11, 2018, 12:48:10 pm »
I haven't seen anything from anyone I'd consider reliable.

Lovren has been in training so that tweet you posted definitely got that wrong.

Lol. Do you guys only follow 2 journalists from this big world? Lovren is from Croatia, there are journalists there too.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10198 on: August 11, 2018, 12:50:30 pm »
Lol. Do you guys only follow 2 journalists from this big world? Lovren is from Croatia, there are journalists there too.

And the guy you got this information from is, apparently, the Africa editor of Goal.com.

What Croatian journalists are reporting that Lovren potentially has a serious injury problem?

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10199 on: August 11, 2018, 12:52:02 pm »
The quotes doing the rounds, apparently from him to a Coatian website, is that he played with a stomach muscle pain during the WC and hoped it would go away during his holiday but it has got worse so is seeing a specialist doctor in Holland.

No idea if the quotes are genuine or not. If they are then he really should have informed the club straight after the WC so he could have gone to the doctor right away and started recovery.

It's a Croatian newspaper which hasn't published their story yet cos they're a newspaper. So, it was up on Goal first, a case of a journalist from one country and publication leaking a story to another international publication he has contacts with.