Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 765887 times)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #680 on: December 26, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »
I have to say he's becoming one of my favourite players. Much better player than I ever gave him credit for and clearly a fantastic team-mate. I'd like to see him start most games.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #681 on: December 26, 2017, 10:22:21 pm »
We're going to have a lot of depth in the "8" position when Keita arrives. On current form you'd have to wonder how many games Gini is going to get ahead of Ox and Keita. Both are more dynamic, and currently the goals and assists have dried up for Gini.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: December 26, 2017, 10:29:24 pm »
He looks so much more fitter now. When he was with Arsenal, he looked too muscular, had that burst but never gave the impression that he was as fit as he could be or had the stamina for an intensive game.
Now he looks so much more finely tuned, and you see the difference in the off the ball work.
He's fantastic to listen to he really is. He expects a lot from himself.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #683 on: December 26, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »
Getting better with each game. Deserves more starts than he is getting in my opinion.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #684 on: December 26, 2017, 11:20:12 pm »
Really like the lad, definitely has the potential to become our captain one day. Keep it up!

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #685 on: December 26, 2017, 11:23:44 pm »
We're going to have a lot of depth in the "8" position when Keita arrives. On current form you'd have to wonder how many games Gini is going to get ahead of Ox and Keita. Both are more dynamic, and currently the goals and assists have dried up for Gini.

Gini probably should look to honing his defensive game, be to us what Fernandinho is to City. He's got all the ability to do so, just wonder if it's a bit too late in the day for him to drop even further back.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #686 on: December 27, 2017, 12:30:32 am »
Loved the fighting spirit he showed all game and especially for his goal. He had two Swansea players around him but he was too much energy and effort for the two. Deserves all the praise he is getting.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: December 27, 2017, 01:16:04 am »
Can see him becoming the golden boy with fans.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335608.msg15568018#msg15568018

Posted that in his transfer thread, some 'interview' style videos from his Arsenal days. Knew people would love him.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: December 27, 2017, 02:01:35 am »
The lad is doing well on the pitch and in interviews off it. Looks like Herr Klopp got another piece of the jigsaw right  ;D
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: December 27, 2017, 05:25:58 am »
Honest lad, haven't heard a player mark himself down in a big win before lol especially after scoring.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: December 27, 2017, 07:56:23 am »
Him and Keita are going to terrify the opponents.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: December 27, 2017, 08:20:28 am »
A strange case of a transfer working out for both sides. Arsenal weren't getting the best of him and got good money for a player nearing the end of his contract while we got the player we wanted who is clearly fitting in well with the team.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2017, 11:13:25 am »
Starting to prove me wrong. I'm loving it.

Perfect fit under Klopp.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:01 am »
Love him. I have taken a real shine to this lad and really want him to do well here. So far so good. He has an exceptional attitude. Definitely future-captain material.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline The Driftwood

• Kemlynite
« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2017, 11:25:18 am »
Clever goal from him, thought he was flat like most of team first half but really stepped up in second half after 70 minutes. Honest interview after the game too, seems like a great character to have in the dressing room.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2017, 11:49:07 am »
Was a lovely goal that. Worked his balls off to keep the chance alive, then showed excellent skill, close control, awareness and composure in a crowded area to lob a CB and the keeper.

Always thought the signing made sense as it brought us more quality and depth. Like others, really impressed with his work ethic and attitude, as well as his intelligence and self awareness. The way he took control of that interview where Coutinho was being asked some unfair questions was class. Standing up for his team mates but in a completely fair, respectful and articulate way. Stuff like that will always help to endear a player to me.

On a side note, have Klopp and his team made a bad signing yet? I don't think I've ever trusted a Management team as much in the transfer window as I do currently:

Marko Grujić         Red Star Belgrade   £5,100,000   
Shamal George         LFC Youth System   £0   
Kamil Grabara         Ruch Chorzow      £300,000   
Sadio Mane         Southampton      £30,000,000   
Loris Karius         Mainz 05              £4,700,000   
Joel Matip                 Schalke 04      £0   
Ragnar Klavan         FC Augsburg      £4,200,000   
Alex Manninger         Free Transfer      £0   
Georginio Wijnaldum      Newcastle United   £25,000,000   
Mohammed Salah      AS Roma              £34,000,000   
Dominic Solanke      Chelsea         £0      
Andy Robertson         Hull City              £8,000,000   
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain   Arsenal         £35,000,000   

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

Debates to be had for sure, but I'd say every single one is worth more than we bought them for, with Gruijic and Ox probably being the only exceptions. (I'm ignoring George, Grabara and Manninger)

Also - £146,300,000 spent vs  £113,050,000 recouped.. To transfer from what we'd become under Rodgers to what we are now for around £33m quid is a hell of a job I'd argue. We're really not far away, add a CB and a GK while keeping Phil (A long shot I know) and we'll be an excellent side.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2017, 11:55:42 am »
Was a lovely goal that. Worked his balls off to keep the chance alive, then showed excellent skill, close control, awareness and composure in a crowded area to lob a CB and the keeper.

Always thought the signing made sense as it brought us more quality and depth. Like others, really impressed with his work ethic and attitude, as well as his intelligence and self awareness. The way he took control of that interview where Coutinho was being asked some unfair questions was class. Standing up for his team mates but in a completely fair, respectful and articulate way. Stuff like that will always help to endear a player to me.

On a side note, have Klopp and his team made a bad signing yet? I don't think I've ever trusted a Management team as much in the transfer window as I do currently:

Marko Grujić         Red Star Belgrade   £5,100,000   
Shamal George         LFC Youth System   £0   
Kamil Grabara         Ruch Chorzow      £300,000   
Sadio Mane         Southampton      £30,000,000   
Loris Karius         Mainz 05              £4,700,000   
Joel Matip                 Schalke 04      £0   
Ragnar Klavan         FC Augsburg      £4,200,000   
Alex Manninger         Free Transfer      £0   
Georginio Wijnaldum      Newcastle United   £25,000,000   
Mohammed Salah      AS Roma              £34,000,000   
Dominic Solanke      Chelsea         £0      
Andy Robertson         Hull City              £8,000,000   
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain   Arsenal         £35,000,000   

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

Debates to be had for sure, but I'd say every single one is worth more than we bought them for, with Gruijic and Ox probably being the only exceptions. (I'm ignoring George, Grabara and Manninger)

Also - £146,300,000 spent vs  £113,050,000 recouped, to transfer from what we'd become under Rodgers to what we are now for around £33m quid, is a hell of a job I'd argue. We're really not far away, add a CB and a GK while keeping Phil (A long shot I know) and we'll be an excellent side.

And a certain Naby Keita to arrive too.

I love how they work in the transfer market now, it's so far removed the previous few seasons which seemed all over the place a lot times. So methodical now. I know it can frustrate a lot of people, cos they want more now, and sure I understand that. But overall it's serving the club well, I'm all for it. Much less frustrations now regards signings.  All the 'big money' buys - seems funny calling them that when you see the money spent these days, but all of them so far have been spot on. 

And AOC is already proving to be such an useful player, versatile, hard working, intelligent, strong, fast, skilled, he's ideal for this squad. And so much more to come with him too, he arrived after the season started, coming from a team who play so differently and must have a totally different way of training and a different fitness regime. So it's one heck of an adjustment. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2017, 11:56:39 am »
Feel pretty smug with him  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #698 on: December 27, 2017, 11:57:43 am »
really impressed with this lad, boss work ethic on the pitch and astute and articulate off it....refreshing to hear a player say something of interest in a post match interview instead of the usual football-speak....can really see him becoming Kloppo's golden boy
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #699 on: December 27, 2017, 01:20:05 pm »
really impressed with this lad, boss work ethic on the pitch and astute and articulate off it....refreshing to hear a player say something of interest in a post match interview instead of the usual football-speak....can really see him becoming Kloppo's golden boy
Haha - he seems such an ordinary lad. Seems he's one of those who just speaks from the heart.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:27:22 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: December 27, 2017, 01:24:04 pm »
Seems to be everywhere in Midfield and a real pest like Firmino.

Still think we're yet to see the best of him.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: December 27, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »
Not surprised at how many in here are being proven wrong. He was always going to be a perfect fit and he hasn't even started 10 games yet.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #702 on: December 27, 2017, 01:50:28 pm »
I think he will be a nailed on starter next year alongside Keita and a new CM. He is looking better and better - athletic, can attack and defend, has a good pass, good cross and good shot on him.

Very excited to see his progress.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #703 on: December 27, 2017, 02:42:02 pm »
Losing that unnecessary muscle has obviously been helpful too. Have no idea why Arsenal let him get that big.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:31 pm »
Losing that unnecessary muscle has obviously been helpful too. Have no idea why Arsenal let him get that big.

the amount of muscular injury issues and injuries in general Arsenal seem to pick up despite not necessarily playing the most intensive style of football may suggest that they are not exactly in the 21st century regards the fitness and conditioning of players. 

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #705 on: December 27, 2017, 02:56:55 pm »
Didn’t want him, don’t rate many in the Arsenal team, a bunch of posers and metros and especially not for 35-40 million when he could have been free next summer.

But he really has begun to win me over, loving his attitude and honesty. He seems to have a lot more substance to himself both on and off the field than I thought he had. Loved the recent videos he has been in with the kids from hospital, took being called crap in good spirit and humour, and of course he is far from crap. Looks to me like he just had gone stale at Arsenal.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: December 27, 2017, 03:58:35 pm »

It's a good look for the selfies tbf.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #707 on: December 27, 2017, 04:44:06 pm »
He belongs in our best XI at this point to be frank. Always loved the signing and can't wait for him to get a bigger spot in the team. If he stays healthy he can be key for us. Imagine a team coming to face us with this staring at them when Mane rounds back into form:

Wijnaldum
Chambo - Coutinho
Salah - Firmino - Mane

Quickly becoming one of my favourites on the team behind Gini and Bobby.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #708 on: December 28, 2017, 01:17:28 am »
the amount of muscular injury issues and injuries in general Arsenal seem to pick up despite not necessarily playing the most intensive style of football may suggest that they are not exactly in the 21st century regards the fitness and conditioning of players.

I remember reading something about this somewhere. When Wenger first came in the 1990s, he brought in the pinnacle of sports science to the club and was leagues above everyone else. Also his tactical side of the game was unmatched. However, slowly he has been slow to evolve and has been left behind. Sort of like Roy Hodgson who was the pinnacle of sports science in the 70s but has been a dinosaur since the 2000s.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #709 on: December 28, 2017, 03:07:31 am »
I remember reading something about this somewhere. When Wenger first came in the 1990s, he brought in the pinnacle of sports science to the club and was leagues above everyone else. Also his tactical side of the game was unmatched. However, slowly he has been slow to evolve and has been left behind. Sort of like Roy Hodgson who was the pinnacle of sports science in the 70s but has been a dinosaur since the 2000s.

Hang on, are you suggesting that the sports science and tactical know how that took Roy from Scandinavia to Italy back to Scandinavia then to England are some how not applicable anymore? Christ it’s like you don’t sit your children down and spin them a yarn about that historic night against Trabzonspor.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #710 on: December 28, 2017, 03:28:33 am »
Hang on, are you suggesting that the sports science and tactical know how that took Roy from Scandinavia to Italy back to Scandinavia then to England are some how not applicable anymore? Christ it’s like you don’t sit your children down and spin them a yarn about that historic night against Trabzonspor.
I haven't audibly laughed at my screen for quite a while but that one was a belter.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #711 on: December 28, 2017, 03:59:49 am »

Royston can be accused of a lot of things, but "pinnacle of sports science" was never one of them! ;D

What Hodgson had in the 70's was a zonal 4-4-2 system that worked really well in countries where the rest of the teams played with man-markers and a sweeper. Unbelievably, he was almost the equivalent of Klopp in those days. In Sweden. And nowhere else ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: December 28, 2017, 04:29:27 am »
He belongs in our best XI at this point to be frank. Always loved the signing and can't wait for him to get a bigger spot in the team. If he stays healthy he can be key for us. Imagine a team coming to face us with this staring at them when Mane rounds back into form:

Wijnaldum
Chambo - Coutinho
Salah - Firmino - Mane

Quickly becoming one of my favourites on the team behind Gini and Bobby.
Now Imagine this:

VVD
Keita
Chambo - Coutinho
Salah - Firmino - Mane

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: December 28, 2017, 06:57:34 am »

Feel pretty smug with him  8)

Yep. Was fairly bizarre seeing him get questioned after the first few cameos. Sometimes you look at a player's attributes and you can say with some confidence why he won't fit or work out here / in a certain position. You can see the logic in questioning signing Lallana to play wide, as he lacked that bit of pace to be a threat wide, that can be pointed out. Chamberlain had everything, physically, technically, so predicting him to fail here would have required some serious legwork to make any sense. He was average at Arsenal simply makes no sense, these days few players leave Arsenal better than when they arrived.

He's starting to show his quality, still early, but this profile of player, you give him a season and just chill out. He's near complete for his position, same with Van Dijk.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #714 on: December 28, 2017, 02:16:40 pm »
Now Imagine this:

VVD
Keita
Chambo - Coutinho
Salah - Firmino - Mane
I think you need 4 more players.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: December 28, 2017, 06:58:59 pm »

He's in a good vein of form but his level has to become his cruising altitude and then he needs to find a few more gears- I don't see him as a starter next season unless we really fuck up in the window, we need someone that will play the deeper role and another player who can take on the playmaking responsibilities- chamberlain isn't a #10 or a #6, and Keita will be our #8

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: December 28, 2017, 07:03:32 pm »
And a certain Naby Keita to arrive too.

I love how they work in the transfer market now, it's so far removed the previous few seasons which seemed all over the place a lot times. So methodical now. I know it can frustrate a lot of people, cos they want more now, and sure I understand that. But overall it's serving the club well, I'm all for it. Much less frustrations now regards signings.  All the 'big money' buys - seems funny calling them that when you see the money spent these days, but all of them so far have been spot on. 

And AOC is already proving to be such an useful player, versatile, hard working, intelligent, strong, fast, skilled, he's ideal for this squad. And so much more to come with him too, he arrived after the season started, coming from a team who play so differently and must have a totally different way of training and a different fitness regime. So it's one heck of an adjustment.

I agree in the sense that there is now a clear plan on why we bring someone in and it's not always obvious, the problem has been our inflexible approach on our first choice signings, we've basically sacrificed any chance of the league this year because we didn't execute a plan b for Centre back and I don't think that Karius has been a success in that he's not been able to displace mignolet and his weakness on claiming the ball and dominating the area is what he was brought in to fix-

Hopefully VVD will help to plug that gap now

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: December 28, 2017, 08:20:55 pm »
Can't believe so many doubted this signing, forget the stats you could see his footballing ability from just watching him.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: December 28, 2017, 08:27:04 pm »
A strange case of a transfer working out for both sides. Arsenal weren't getting the best of him and got good money for a player nearing the end of his contract while we got the player we wanted who is clearly fitting in well with the team.
One less player Arsenal can bring off the bench to change the game, that alone made it a no brainer.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #719 on: December 29, 2017, 03:00:02 pm »
I agree in the sense that there is now a clear plan on why we bring someone in and it's not always obvious, the problem has been our inflexible approach on our first choice signings, we've basically sacrificed any chance of the league this year because we didn't execute a plan b for Centre back and I don't think that Karius has been a success in that he's not been able to displace mignolet and his weakness on claiming the ball and dominating the area is what he was brought in to fix-

Hopefully VVD will help to plug that gap now
Who said he was brought in to claim the ball and dominate the area?