Author Topic: Barry (American TV Show)  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Barry (American TV Show)
« on: February 17, 2022, 09:16:04 am »
Anyone watch this? Absolutely love this show. NoHo Hank is brilliant

Anyway, it’s back in April

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/barry-shares-season-three-release-date-and-first-look-photos-3162901

‘Barry’ shares season three release date and first-look photos‘

Barry has shared a release date for a third season and a number of first-look photos – check them out below.

Bill Hader’s serial killer series is set to return to HBO in April, in which the actor reprises his role as the titular character.

The third season has been highly anticipated following season two’s cliffhanger and the long delay between seasons due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The series stars Hader alongside Stephen Root, Sarah Goldberg, Glenn Fleshler, Anthony Carrigan and Happy Days star Henry Winkler

An official synopsis for season three of Barry reads: “Desperate to leave his violent past behind in favor of his newfound passion, Barry (Hader) is attempting to untangle himself from the world of contract killing and fully immerse himself in acting.

“But getting out is messy. While Barry has eliminated many of the external factors that pushed him towards violence, he soon discovers they weren’t the only forces at play. What is it about his own psyche that led him to become a killer in the first place? Season three finds Barry and the other characters trying to make the right choice.”

Carrigan, who plays NoHo Hank, had previously said the scripts for the new season are full of “really dangerous stuff [ahead], but the dangerous stuff makes for the most incredible stuff.

On the show’s co-creator Alec Berg, the actor added: “They were able to give a lot of attention to detail for this next season, and I think that’s gonna come through.”

Season three of Barry will return to HBO on April 24.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Barry (American TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 09:26:01 am »
Never heard of this mate, will give it a look  :)

Slightly disappointed it isn't about Barry from Eastenders though.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 09:27:47 am »
One of the best shows of the last few years. The ronny/lily episode from season 2 is incredible.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 09:35:07 am »
It's brilliant, absolutely delighted it's back soon.

Hader is obviously great but I'd watch Stephen Root read the paper.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 09:45:57 am »
One of the best shows of the last few years. The ronny/lily episode from season 2 is incredible.

I need to rewatch before S3. It must be 3 years since the last season.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 09:53:49 am »
Barry and Better Call Saul returning in the same week is pretty, pretty good.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 10:06:42 am »
Lots of comments about it in the Daves TV snobbery thread.

Its a brilliant show and totally unexpected if you had not heard of it before.

NoHo Hank is fantastic. Looking forward to the new season, although it seems to be working itself into a dead end.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 10:09:35 am »
a-ha cheers for the reminder El Capo

I started watching the first season ages ago and loved the pilot.  For one reason or another totally forgot about it.

Happy days, was looking for a new show now I'm nearly up to date with Ozark and Gomorrah :)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 10:19:54 am »
An TV icon.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 11:45:36 am »
Never heard of this mate, will give it a look  :)

Slightly disappointed it isn't about Barry from Eastenders though.
Its boss mate. The cast is brilliant. Stupid as hell and just ridiculous really

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 11:47:37 am »
a-ha cheers for the reminder El Capo

I started watching the first season ages ago and loved the pilot.  For one reason or another totally forgot about it.

Happy days, was looking for a new show now I'm nearly up to date with Ozark and Gomorrah :)
Thats next on my list. Gomorrah. Had it downloaded for years on hardrive. My lil brothers just finished it and banging on aboot it. Don’t know why I never got round to it to be honest as I remember thinking it looked boss

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 11:48:10 am »
Peacemakers humour kinda reminds me of this show

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 11:49:24 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 12:09:29 pm »
Can't get HBO, so will give it a miss :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 01:04:39 pm »

Nearly pissed myself throughout the whole episode. That scene in the car  :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At_7GHue5s0

IT'S HEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 01:12:17 pm »
One the stupidest fucking things I’ve ever seen on tv. ^^ absolutely brilliant ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2022, 01:50:56 pm »
Thats next on my list. Gomorrah. Had it downloaded for years on hardrive. My lil brothers just finished it and banging on aboot it. Don’t know why I never got round to it to be honest as I remember thinking it looked boss

You ned to check out "Mr Inbetween" which has a very similar premise to Barry.

Set in Sydney's underbelly, Its about an no nonsense Aussie Hitman who is also a really likeable character.

Very Gritty and dark in places but also very Funny.  How they pulled the two off in unison is incredible.  Some pretty shocking scenes and moody storylines too.

One of the best crime drama's I've ever seen.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2022, 02:12:05 pm »
You ned to check out "Mr Inbetween" which has a very similar premise to Barry.

Set in Sydney's underbelly, Its about an no nonsense Aussie Hitman who is also a really likeable character.

Very Gritty and dark in places but also very Funny.  How they pulled the two off in unison is incredible.  Some pretty shocking scenes and moody storylines too.

One of the best crime drama's I've ever seen.
haha that’s nuts. I keep seeing this clip on Facebook of some guy with his daughter getting an ice cream. Anyway, they’re walking down the street an 2 yobs say something…he puts his kid in the car and goes after them. ;D

Was wondering what it was cos it doesn’t say on the clip. Just had a look cos of your recommendation and it’s that. Nice one :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2022, 02:24:28 pm »
haha that’s nuts. I keep seeing this clip on Facebook of some guy with his daughter getting an ice cream. Anyway, they’re walking down the street an 2 yobs say something…he puts his kid in the car and goes after them. ;D

Was wondering what it was cos it doesn’t say on the clip. Just had a look cos of your recommendation and it’s that. Nice one :D

That's the one mate!  Seriously watch it.  There's another scene with his daughter at a Secret Santa that is just amazing.

Ray Shoesmith the main character is just brilliant, he's a really nice guy and family man but also a fearsome gangster who takes no shit.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2022, 02:39:39 pm »
That's the one mate!  Seriously watch it.  There's another scene with his daughter at a Secret Santa that is just amazing.

Ray Shoesmith the main character is just brilliant, he's a really nice guy and family man but also a fearsome gangster who takes no shit.

Been looking to get into this and just saw that all three seasons are on Disney+ in the UK.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2022, 01:21:26 am »
New episode Sunday.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2022, 07:42:03 am »
Brilliant, brilliant show - can’t wait for season 3.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2022, 01:32:23 am »
 :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A7WignxhNg4?&amp;ab_channel=EXISTINGPLANET" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A7WignxhNg4?&amp;ab_channel=EXISTINGPLANET</a>

Brilliant ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2022, 10:52:04 pm »
Bit mad this season..Almost lke its become a drama

Quite dark and serious for the most part. Still like it but feels nothing like the first 2 seasons

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2022, 04:26:50 pm »
Bit mad this season..Almost lke its become a drama

Quite dark and serious for the most part. Still like it but feels nothing like the first 2 seasons

Yeah, enjoying it but feels like they're building up to something big.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2022, 06:44:52 pm »
Just started watching this. On episode 3. These Chechens ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2022, 05:54:53 pm »
Episode with feral / karate kid was brilliant.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 4, 2023, 10:32:21 pm »
Spoiler
Cristobal   :'(

That scene was devastating
[close]
« Last Edit: May 4, 2023, 11:28:40 pm by bradders1011 »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2023, 06:26:46 pm »
Just started this today.

Blitzed 3 episodes, not sure why have never bothered with it after being a big fan if Mr Inbetween.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2023, 06:29:20 pm »
Spoiler
Not a huge fan of where the episodes have gone to after the last one. Think it's ruined the season for me really.

I dunno just feels out of character for the show.

Will see what this weeks episode is like.
[close]

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #30 on: May 8, 2023, 07:49:27 pm »
Didn’t realise the new season was out. Get in.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2023, 04:54:29 pm »
It is great

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 07:52:36 am »
Not sure I like the time jump apart from Sally with dark hair ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 09:33:37 am »
Shit turned very dark very fast.

Currently watching it back with my partner and it's like seeing a different show when the new episodes come out. Still great though!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2023, 08:53:46 pm »
Think it’s incredible. Have just done a rewatch and now up to date with Season 4 so far.

Spoiler
Time jump was bold, and I like what we’ve seen so far. Barry racing through religious podcasts to find one which supported murder was brilliant. There’s definitely something strange going on though - anyone notice how Barry was suddenly clean shaven when Moss took his hood off at the end of the recent episode, having had a beard only minutes earlier? The show is too smart for it to be a continuity error so it has some meaning.

Absolutely howling at that scene a few episodes ago when the podcasters try to kill Barry and one is played by Fred Armisen. So funny and weird.

Wonder if with the time jump we might see an appearance from a vengeful young woman in a karate outfit…[\spoiler]
[close]

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2023, 08:37:23 am »
Think it’s incredible. Have just done a rewatch and now up to date with Season 4 so far.

Spoiler
Time jump was bold, and I like what we’ve seen so far. Barry racing through religious podcasts to find one which supported murder was brilliant. There’s definitely something strange going on though - anyone notice how Barry was suddenly clean shaven when Moss took his hood off at the end of the recent episode, having had a beard only minutes earlier? The show is too smart for it to be a continuity error so it has some meaning.

Absolutely howling at that scene a few episodes ago when the podcasters try to kill Barry and one is played by Fred Armisen. So funny and weird.

Wonder if with the time jump we might see an appearance from a vengeful young woman in a karate outfit…[\spoiler]
[close]
Spoiler
I'm assuming some kind of flashback as Barry looks slimmer as well, or maybe that's just the shave  :D

I really wasn't sure how this season would be but think it's been better than 3. Getting Barry out of prison or a full season in prison seemed like it wouldn't work, but.relly enjoyed what they've done.
[close]

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2023, 08:41:16 am »
Spoiler
Maybe it's some of dream sequence from heavily sedated Barry in an asylum somewhere.
[close]
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2023, 08:57:21 am »
Spoiler
Or he never went to prison and everything post time jump has been in his head. Jim Moss seems to have an ability to reprogramme people - remember there was the reporter who left his garage speaking German?!
[close]

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2023, 03:17:40 pm »
So, is Daniel Day-Lewis coming out of retirement or not?

Back to the funnier episode of Barry after the last few, and I assume a palate cleanser before an inevitable bloodbath next week.  I laughed at least half a dozen times at Noho Hank this week.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2023, 03:42:39 pm »
Spoiler
Or he never went to prison and everything post time jump has been in his head. Jim Moss seems to have an ability to reprogramme people - remember there was the reporter who left his garage speaking German?!
[close]

Spoiler
The Sally attack was weird too, the perpetrator getting locked out and running away screaming "crazy bitch" or something to that effect while Sally cowers.
[close]