Author Topic: Atletico it is then...  (Read 63368 times)

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Re: Atletico it is then...
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2010, 01:55:58 pm »
Cheers mate. I can take a train from here in Munich to Madrid but I need me tkts. Just heard on the news here that there's a second cloud over Finland now that's apparently bigger. Is this true?

Sorry I missed your call earlier fella. Anything important?

I really cant see this game going ahead.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2010, 02:13:27 pm »
Cheers mate. I can take a train from here in Munich to Madrid but I need me tkts. Just heard on the news here that there's a second cloud over Finland now that's apparently bigger. Is this true?
Yes, its getting worse all the time... I am keeping a close eye on developments for my own travel reasons. I reckon we will all be screwed for weeks. This just will not go away as long as that fat bastard in Iceland keeps dumping out its shit. This is a nightmare.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2010, 02:37:10 pm »
Alright lads, i'm stuck in Germany cos of this volcano and haven't seen me tkts yet. Is there anything in the leaflet about scanning FC's again at this game? Cheers fella's

i'm due to go to germany in a week! is it the same over thier Red Man as it is here? thinking of getting a ferry now!
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2010, 02:49:45 pm »
Anyone here have a plane? I'll take my chanes.
hi

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2010, 05:00:20 pm »
I hadn't actually thought about matches not going ahead  :-[ - it had crossed my mind they might be played without us being able to get there but....!  ;D  :-[ (Been a hard week!)

I had forgotten there are CL matches on Tues and Wed too - can't see the teams going by train/coach somehow, even though I'm sure UEFA would love them to go ahead. Guess that will then affect the likelihood of ours too.

Europa Chaos likely then....!  :-\ Maybe TC can charter a fleet of helicopters!  :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2010, 05:39:50 pm »
Sorry I missed your call earlier fella. Anything important?

I really cant see this game going ahead.

I'll bell you later mate. Nothing urgent and it seems more and more like it'll be postponed. Fuckin el

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2010, 05:45:37 pm »
i'm due to go to germany in a week! is it the same over thier Red Man as it is here? thinking of getting a ferry now!

1 hour ahead mate. Just checked the trains and it's bout 21 hours from Liverpool to Madrid (L'pool - Chester - St Pancras - Paris - Valladolid - Madrid).

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2010, 06:12:07 pm »
Yes, its getting worse all the time... I am keeping a close eye on developments for my own travel reasons. I reckon we will all be screwed for weeks. This just will not go away as long as that fat bastard in Iceland keeps dumping out its shit. This is a nightmare.

Could this potentially affect the date of the final do you think? Just putting things back a week means the second leg will only be the week before the final as it is.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2010, 11:01:02 am »
It could be worse, but im stuck in Madrid. I was supposed to fly back on Thursday night when they shut the airspace in UK.

Dilemna for me is my ticket is at home, and now they want to scan fan cards again. Fan card at home also in case you were wondering  :)

On the positive side, if the game goes ahead and i am still stranded,,at least i can have a beer with the locals before the game, just not get into the ground.

The weather is still rain/clouds, has been all week. I think forecast is brighter next week.

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2010, 02:52:20 pm »
What a great trip lads and the night before the game in the Red Corner bar with the Atleti lads! Thanks to Harry Trow, Rhyl Red, Kev Lumley, Blurred Please, Longworth and the lad who missus thought he was painting in London until we got SSN on him in the Plaza yesterday! Funny as fuck that. I wont mention his name in case he gets in more trouble. Considering all the shit we went thru to get there it wqas a good trip.

I can't stop singing Rhyl's new 2nd verse 'we're all on a bender, you're watchin eastenders, the everton boys are at home''. If anyone wants to post the 3rd verse about the mancs feel free. Fuckin classic!

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »
What a great trip lads and the night before the game in the Red Corner bar with the Atleti lads! Thanks to Harry Trow, Rhyl Red, Kev Lumley, Blurred Please, Longworth and the lad who missus thought he was painting in London until we got SSN on him in the Plaza yesterday! Funny as fuck that. I wont mention his name in case he gets in more trouble. Considering all the shit we went thru to get there it wqas a good trip.

I can't stop singing Rhyl's new 2nd verse 'we're all on a bender, you're watchin eastenders, the everton boys are at home''. If anyone wants to post the 3rd verse about the mancs feel free. Fuckin classic!

What's the tune mate? And the 1st verse?

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2010, 02:59:09 pm »
Me lyric skills are shit but i'll try. Anyway the 1st verse is ....

oh i don’t mean to tease but it’s 30 degrees and the everton boys are at ho-oh-home, ho-oh-home

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2010, 03:01:24 pm »

Glad you had a good trip mate, sent you an email.

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »
Considering the circumstanes it was sound mate just wish more of you made it. We also got the 'pepe in goal, pepe in goal, pepe in goal' song goin too. It was catchin on by thursday night. 

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2010, 03:14:37 pm »
Considering the circumstanes it was sound mate just wish more of you made it. We also got the 'pepe in goal, pepe in goal, pepe in goal' song goin too. It was catchin on by thursday night. 

Yeah its definately one of the best songs around.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »

Fuckin ace wasnt it. <till I went under the table
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:55 pm »
Still waiting for my ticket refunds!!!!

Glad everyone who made it had a good time :)
+61 ticket exchange

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2010, 09:09:42 pm »
One or two pics from Madrid

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2010, 09:11:17 pm »
still on the way home,just spent the longest hour on manc piccadily train station carryin in me lfc holdall,just been told gonna get bac bout 11-30,think its takin the lads less time to drive back from madrid,wish i was still in the bloody red corner!will post more 2morrow,mobiles a bit shakey at the moment!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2010, 09:15:05 pm »
a few more

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2010, 09:20:24 pm »
 ::)

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2010, 09:21:20 pm »
That's it the barmaid is knackered and wants to go to bed

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
  • In Istanbul We Won It 5 Times
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2010, 09:25:14 pm »
nice photos andrew. you left 5 hrs after and you're already home??? i am downloading my photos now

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2010, 09:27:40 pm »
Glad you got home ok-can't believe Rhylred is struggling round Manchester- we all know what he's like when he plans European aways
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:35:07 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2010, 09:36:01 pm »
nearly there just gone through runcorn safer terrortory

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2010, 09:54:31 pm »
I'm fucked, will pop back in tomorrow to see stories and leave my summary, another very good trip...noticed someone commenting on the "Pepe in goal, Oh Glen Johno, Emiliano etc " Song, it's class, loved the tune since i heard Panathiakos singing it a few years back!

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2010, 11:06:17 pm »
just leavin chester fortified by a few double vodkas finaly gettin home at midnite,hope everyone found this blog better than lucas leiva's'have 2 go now maccos just fallen out the luggage rack!adios amigos

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2010, 11:40:43 pm »
I'm fucked, will pop back in tomorrow to see stories and leave my summary, another very good trip...noticed someone commenting on the "Pepe in goal, Oh Glen Johno, Emiliano etc " Song, it's class, loved the tune since i heard Panathiakos singing it a few years back!

I love it, definately one of the better songs. Hope it catches on big time, its a song for the pubs and bars rather than in the ground.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »
Nice pics fellas... Hope to see yous in Hamburg to cap off a wonderful Season of AWAYS... Rhy... Di dyou look after Longworth? And did you have a better meal this time?

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2010, 12:34:51 am »
'barmaid is knackered' one isn't by any chance from the Ham Museum, is it? Stayed just around the corner last year for real. Glad everyone had a good trip in the end.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2010, 08:12:19 am »
'barmaid is knackered' one isn't by any chance from the Ham Museum, is it? Stayed just around the corner last year for real. Glad everyone had a good trip in the end.

Actually she was cooking us so many excellent Bacon rolls that she might end up in the Ham Museum - but no the bar was near the Praga ( about 1/2 Mile from the ground

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2010, 11:50:25 am »
The Reds Corner Portraits - Wednesday night

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2010, 11:58:16 am »
Absolutely brilliant
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2010, 12:39:26 pm »

I must have been stood just in front of you - lads behind me who must have been you lot  were singing that- lower part of the upper tier

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2010, 01:44:25 pm »

Made me smile when i saw that, i hadn't noticed it the last two times, but was the the Museum of Ham...wtf??? Lol

I love it, definately one of the better songs. Hope it catches on big time, its a song for the pubs and bars rather than in the ground.

Defo agree there mate, pubs and bars only! So funny at the end everytime, everyone trying to come up with other things ending in "O" :)

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2010, 03:27:58 pm »
really thought lisbon would be hard to beat this season,however this one has to go down,apart from the result,as one of the best ever,have we ever been treated with such great respect by any other european club,in all the years i have been going i dont think so..
how fantastic was it to be finally treated like adults and only having to wait 10 minutes to be allowed to leave the ground,to be greeted once again by a guard of honour of hundreds of atletico supporters,absoluteley bloody brilliant,it brought a shiver to my spine....
another quality stay at the praga,loads of reds staying there,great atmosphere in the surrounding bars..as you can see in the photos superb nite in the red corner on the wednesday nite,great to meet up with loads of the lads of rawk,inc,harry,paul,gareth...
thursday lunch was spent at the plaza mayor in the sunshine,nice to see the weather people getting the forecast completly wrong again,temps in the 70's..
some of the lads who drove over,wayne ,mike,neil,interviewed by channel 5,bloody deserved it to,over 32 hours in the car overall...
no problems getting into the ground this time,think the spanish police knew how to treat us after the last game there...
as i said earlier all in all apart from the result one of the best ever..
                                                        muchos gracias to the fans of atletico...                                               

Offline RUFUS0107

• Kemlynite
  • keep the Faith
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »
I agree, it was nice to be treated as a normal human being and not percieved that as we are english we are all hooligans.  Their fans were brillant, and fair play to the woman who swopped her Riera shirt for a Atletico Madrid shirt

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2010, 05:48:54 pm »
really thought lisbon would be hard to beat this season,however this one has to go down,apart from the result,as one of the best ever,have we ever been treated with such great respect by any other european club,in all the years i have been going i dont think so..
how fantastic was it to be finally treated like adults and only having to wait 10 minutes to be allowed to leave the ground,to be greeted once again by a guard of honour of hundreds of atletico supporters,absoluteley bloody brilliant,it brought a shiver to my spine....
another quality stay at the praga,loads of reds staying there,great atmosphere in the surrounding bars..as you can see in the photos superb nite in the red corner on the wednesday nite,great to meet up with loads of the lads of rawk,inc,harry,paul,gareth...
thursday lunch was spent at the plaza mayor in the sunshine,nice to see the weather people getting the forecast completly wrong again,temps in the 70's..
some of the lads who drove over,wayne ,mike,neil,interviewed by channel 5,bloody deserved it to,over 32 hours in the car overall...
no problems getting into the ground this time,think the spanish police knew how to treat us after the last game there...
as i said earlier all in all apart from the result one of the best ever..
                                                        muchos gracias to the fans of atletico...                                               

Guessin your the bloke who flew from on the very empty Heathrow flight with us Weds afternoon, thought i recognised you from somewhere it must have been previous pics on here???

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2010, 08:26:06 pm »
Match day - part 1

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2010, 08:31:30 pm »
Match day - part 2