Author Topic: Liverpool Legends thread  (Read 34909 times)

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Liverpool Legends thread
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2024, 04:53:15 pm »
I hope Sven enjoyed that. Such an incredible gesture.

YNWA Sven.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #401 on: March 23, 2024, 04:53:40 pm »
I would've gone as far as to day "Fuck him" 90 minutes ago, never ever forgave him. But I enjoyed seeing him there to be honest.

Aye, it's all fair for a charity match which helps a lot of people and gives a good guy like Sven an afternoon which he thoroughly deserves. Good fun in the end.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #402 on: March 23, 2024, 04:53:42 pm »
So when was Torres forgiven?

Had his name sung by the Kop when he was back the first time for the Stevie vs Carra charity match. I think that was the moment. And rightly so, I think...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2024, 04:55:02 pm »
Had his name sung by the Kop when he was back the first time for the Stevie vs Carra charity match. I think that was the moment. And rightly so, I think...

Agreed, considering.

But Owen should never be forgiven for me.

But anyway....

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2024, 04:55:26 pm »
I forgave Torres long ago, honestly I think the Hodgson era killed him off. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2024, 04:55:59 pm »
The owl would kill a cockroach.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: March 23, 2024, 04:57:38 pm »
I've forgave Torres a long time ago. It's simply not a grudge I have any interest in.

I was a teenager during the Rafa era. Watching him out there today made me very nostalgic. Obviously aided by a lot of Rafa-era players in Gerrard, Kuyt, Babel, Maxi, Skrtel, Agger and Aurelio.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #407 on: March 23, 2024, 04:58:55 pm »
Agreed, considering.

But Owen should never be forgiven for me.

But anyway....

Always been hard to compare for me. What Owen did was pretty unforgiveable and he's a bellend but at least you can actually point to him making a tangible difference to the club, the FA Cup final will never be forgotten and then there was still the UEFA Cup and a couple of League Cup wins, all of which he was a big part of.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2024, 05:00:09 pm »
I don't personally hold a grudge against Torres any more. The way he left wasn't great (ok, so I wanted to kill him at the time), but we got the best of him and got a big fee for a player who was already declining from injuries. It wasn't like he was some kid who'd come up through the academy and the club was clearly going in the wrong direction at that point.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2024, 05:00:37 pm »
Always been hard to compare for me. What Owen did was pretty unforgiveable and he's a bellend but at least you can actually point to him making a tangible difference to the club, the FA Cup final will never be forgotten and then there was still the UEFA Cup and a couple of League Cup wins, all of which he was a big part of.

He played for Manchester United and went around kissing the badge when he scored for them. He can fuck off.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2024, 05:02:40 pm »
Great day for Eriksson. Very moving.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2024, 05:03:37 pm »
So when was Torres forgiven?

grow up and move on

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2024, 05:04:28 pm »
Skrtel the only player to gain more hair as he’s gotten older.

That's why he went to play in Turkey!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2024, 05:04:39 pm »
Life's much too short to hold onto grudges....Torres, Owen, Stevie and many more who have fallen foul of popular opinion - all provided me with moments of great joy and happiness....that's the way I care to remember them and always will.........just dont mention Steve Macmanaman....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #414 on: March 23, 2024, 05:04:49 pm »
Well that was just lovely all round.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #415 on: March 23, 2024, 05:07:17 pm »
Life's much too short to hold onto grudges....Torres, Owen, Stevie and many more who have fallen foul of popular opinion - all provided me with moments of great joy and happiness....that's the way I care to remember them and always will.........just dont mention Steve Macmanaman....

When you said Stevie I thought fuck that, I draw the line at Mcmanaman. But yeah just don't mention him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 23, 2024, 05:09:45 pm »
Why are these dickheads on commentary calling Torres a legend? He's anything but.

Wasn't there quite a detailed explanation about this? Torres sure seems to still hold Liverpool in his heart.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 23, 2024, 05:12:03 pm »
Agreed
 ;D

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: March 23, 2024, 05:18:23 pm »
Everyone looked like they really enjoyed the day, pleasure to watch.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #419 on: March 23, 2024, 05:19:38 pm »
Was I imagining them calling Mark Gonzalez as 'Rodriguez' every time?

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #420 on: March 23, 2024, 05:22:44 pm »
Was I imagining them calling Mark Gonzalez as 'Rodriguez' every time?

Nope, they did they every time
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: March 23, 2024, 05:24:43 pm »
The thing with Torres is... He has a great song. He has a great song ABOUT the song as well. Hard to think I'll never sing that again out of spite.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #422 on: March 23, 2024, 05:26:01 pm »
Wasn't there quite a detailed explanation about this? Torres sure seems to still hold Liverpool in his heart.

The club was in a mess at that time. We had just got rid of Gillette and Hicks and their mismanagement did a lot of damage to the club. I think the likes of Gerrard and Torres were told that the squad would be strengthened but it never was. Benítez had been replaced by Hodgson.

Torres knew that his time was running out and there was no evidence that Liverpool were going to improve. Imagine playing under the Gillett and Hicks era and then watching Benítez being replaced by Hodgson. Those were dark days and I wouldn’t blame any of the players for getting frustrated.
#JFT97

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: March 23, 2024, 05:26:03 pm »
There will have been a point in Sven-Göran Eriksson's life, long before his terminal diagnosis, when he thought his best days were behind him. And some of those best days are days most of us will ever experience in real life.
His professional and private life would be the envy of many.

Then at 76 he's delivered a blow which he took extremely philosophically and with immense courage.
He'd have took the opportunity in the weeks after to reflect on those fantastic days and to appreciate he's lived a fortunate life, albeit achieved from his own endeavours.
He'll have had some dark moments also no doubt. Being struck by that bastard of a disease.

Then, typically, along come LFC to not just add to the best days in Svens life but to probably place itself firmly in the top 5 days of Svens entire life.
No other football club, only LFC can make a dying man with a heritage of success still feel so special.
He got everything his career deserved today. Appearances from some of the clubs best ever players, adulation from the Kop, a win at Anfield as manager and a total event packed with privileges of being associated with this glorious football club

YNWA Sven.
Not when you're a Red.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #424 on: March 23, 2024, 05:27:53 pm »
Well said John.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 23, 2024, 05:30:26 pm »
Torres already signed up for next season's Legends game.  ;D

Fernando Torres:

“It’s the first game of football I’ve played since I retired. I will do my best to train and be fitter and come back again next year!”

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #426 on: March 23, 2024, 05:34:15 pm »
Embarrassing half time thread as per. Just have faith in the old boys to turn it around. When will you all learn.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: March 23, 2024, 05:36:55 pm »
Legend's games we've already played:

Celtic
Man Utd x2
AC Milan
Ajax
Bayern Munich
Barcelona

Offline oldman

• Kopite
« Reply #428 on: March 23, 2024, 05:38:56 pm »
He played for Manchester United and went around kissing the badge when he scored for them. He can fuck off.

absolutely - Torres is forgiven , Owen never .

enjoyed watching Torres today

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #429 on: March 23, 2024, 05:43:56 pm »
There will have been a point in Sven-Göran Eriksson's life, long before his terminal diagnosis, when he thought his best days were behind him. And some of those best days are days most of us will ever experience in real life.

Then at 76 he's delivered a blow which he took extremely philosophically and with immense courage.
He'd have took the opportunity in the weeks after to reflect on those fantastic days and to appreciate he's lived a fortunate life, albeit achieved from his own endeavours.
He'll have had some dark moments also no doubt. Being struck by that bastard of a disease.

Then, typically, along come LFC to not just add to the best days in Svens life but to probably place itself firmly in the top 5 days of Svens entire life.
No other football club, only LFC can make a dying man with a heritage of success still feel so special.
He got everything his career deserved today. Appearances from some of the clubs best ever players, adulation from the Kop, a win at Anfield as manager and a total event packed with privileges of being associated with this glorious football club

YNWA Sven.
Not when you're a Red.

Brilliant John 👍
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: March 23, 2024, 05:45:13 pm »
is the match available on repeat anywhere? Thanks in advance

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: March 23, 2024, 05:45:36 pm »
any vids of the goals?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #432 on: March 23, 2024, 05:46:30 pm »

YNWA Sven.
Not when you're a Red.
Yep, spot on that John. It was lovely to see the smile on Sven's face at the end......so pleased for him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 23, 2024, 05:48:57 pm »
is the match available on repeat anywhere? Thanks in advance

Click on this link and watch the entire buildup/match/post match. ;D

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771537511719768450

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #434 on: March 23, 2024, 05:49:17 pm »
A round-up of audio/video content from the Liverpool Legends 4-2 Ajax Legends match...

https://twitter.com/LFCFoundation & www.liverpoolfc.com/foundation/news/lfc-legends-game-sold-out-almost-60000-fans-attend-lfc-foundation-fundraiser

^ and short clip here: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771511133695819998

'Emotional scenes as Anfield rises & sings YNWA for Sven-Goran Eriksson':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yf1aaDFK6V0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yf1aaDFK6V0</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/Yf1aaDFK6V0

'An Anfield reception for Sven' - pre-match:-

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771554651101380670 & https://v.redd.it/3joj9hffr3qc1 (40 second clip)

Liverpool Legends 0 - [1] Ajax Legends; Boerrigter (2') goal - https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1771565646322557310

Liverpool Legends 0 - [2] Ajax Legends; Kiki Musampa (42') goal - https://v.redd.it/gcqmlxcdu3qc1 & https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1771567356780724525

Igor Biscan steps on the pitch for the 2nd half...

Liverpool Legends [1] - 2 Ajax Legends; Gregory Vignal (54') goal - https://v.redd.it/gb6ix70dz3qc1 & https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771579148454031386

Liverpool Legends [2] - 2 Ajax Legends; Djibril Cisse (74') goal - https://v.redd.it/wpfmqp2z24qc1 & https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771584810500137212

Liverpool Legends [3] - 2 Ajax Legends; Nabil el Zhar (80') - https://v.redd.it/95gj0zzv34qc1 & https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771593890958565743

Liverpool Legends [4] - 2 Ajax Legends; Fernando Torres (84') - https://v.redd.it/h42oyn5o44qc1 & https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771602988554985955

Post-Match Scenes: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771588554524708870 & https://twitter.com/AFCAjax/status/1771589008478318655 (1 minute clip)

Match Highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWenf5p1fx8 & www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk32wpPENFE & www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN529hwpkHo

Full Match Replay (from the official LFC youtube channel; also includes pre-match & post-match content): www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JlF51ETPc

'Highlights | Liverpool Legends 4-2 Ajax Legends' - 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/To9k8rO8trw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/To9k8rO8trw</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/To9k8rO8trw & https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771615467108446459

'Fernando Torres & Sven-Goran Eriksson | Liverpool Legends 4-2 Ajax | Press Conference' (post-match):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RS3Er3p6McI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RS3Er3p6McI</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/RS3Er3p6McI

match report: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-legends-come-back-beat-ajax-legends-4-2-anfield

match photos: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/match-photos-fernando-torres-goal-caps-anfield-win-lfc-legends-over-ajax-legends

Sven: 'A memory for life' – Sven reflects on Anfield experience with LFC Legends - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/memory-life-sven-goran-eriksson-reflects-anfield-experience-lfc-legends

'Tea in the Boot Room, YNWA and nights at Anfield – Sven's Liverpool story' - www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tea-boot-room-ynwa-and-nights-anfield-svens-liverpool-story

Past Liverpool Legends matches index: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342424.msg18517815#msg18517815 (on Page 4 of this thread)

^ https://twitter.com/LFCFoundation/status/1771215706794721345

25 second post match interview with Igor: https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1771635390232846669

'ALDO, AGGER & MORE REACT TO LIVERPOOL'S 4-2 LEGENDS VICTORY OVER AJAX! | LIVERPOOL 4-2 AJAX' - by RedMen TV:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q83Zf7LjVSI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q83Zf7LjVSI</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/q83Zf7LjVSI

'Ex-Liverpool player Gregory Vignal scores then talks Jurgen Klopp & the title race' - 3 minute video, from This Is Anfield:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PcFsIBbmnFk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PcFsIBbmnFk</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/PcFsIBbmnFk

'"Liverpool is my club" | Jari Litmanen Interview' - 2 minute video, by This Is Anfield:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YG3kk2y6vv4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YG3kk2y6vv4</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/YG3kk2y6vv4

'Torres and Gerrard link-up in comeback win | Inside Anfield | Liverpool Legends 4-2 Ajax' - from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j_aoWjdTC_M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j_aoWjdTC_M</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/j_aoWjdTC_M

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:29:35 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #435 on: March 23, 2024, 05:53:37 pm »

Celtic
Man Utd x2
AC Milan
Ajax
Bayern Munich
Barcelona

Add Real Madrid.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #436 on: March 23, 2024, 05:54:43 pm »

Celtic
Man Utd x2
AC Milan
Ajax
Bayern Munich
Barcelona

I don't think there will be a great desire to have a 3rd game v Man United now.
I wonder what other teams might be a good choice for future matches? Unfortunately, as time goes on, you're probably looking at teams that were good, with players from 2010/12 onwards?

Real Madrid?
Italian football has been poor, and they all play for so many teams.
I'm struggling to think of other options actually.
Maybe Klopp could manage a German national legends team against us?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: March 23, 2024, 05:58:05 pm »
As 4Pool said Real Madrid, we played them too. I must;ve forgot that one.  :D

Inter Milan would be good

Valencia- Coupet/Rafa era players?

PSV?

Dortmund of the mid 90's ea?

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #438 on: March 23, 2024, 05:59:46 pm »
As 4Pool said Real Madrid, we played them too. I must;ve forgot that one.  :D

Inter Milan would be good

Valencia- Coupet/Rafa era players?

PSV?

Dortmund of the mid 90's ea?

Valencia would be a great shout. A lot of nostalgia from the 2000s and should still be fun as today was. Get Rafa managing both sides for a half  ;D

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: March 23, 2024, 06:04:18 pm »

He's a fucking Judas going to the Mancs, did he shut his ears as they sang about Hillsborough?

Anyway fuck Owen, brilliant from the club to make Svens dream come true, hope he's loved every single second of the experience.

Jurgen YNWA