Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1889427 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool agree deal to sign Naby Keita
« Reply #280 on: September 2, 2017, 08:26:15 pm »
Anyone think there might be a slight chance of seeing him in a Liverpool shirt in January?

Doubt it, we've paid his release clause which doesn't come into effect until the end of the season I believe.

Although we could renegotiate but i highly doubt it.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #281 on: September 2, 2017, 08:48:51 pm »
Mane   Bobby   Salah

Keita       Oxlade
    Henderson (c)
      Can
Wet dreams. That midfield is so bullish it isn't funny

Fixed that for you
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #282 on: September 2, 2017, 10:34:29 pm »
The Kinkladze comparison is silly. Making the comparison because they both dribble through the lines is like comparing Shearer to Henry because they both scored lots of goals. Not really similar at all. Kinkladze was a left foot heavy dribbler in the mold of Messi or Maradona (obviously without anywhere near their tactical intelligence). Keita is a two footed dribbler more in the mold of Iniesta. Very different styles.

I wasn't comparing them stylistically, just that he reminds me of him in a romantic attachment to watching football in my youth kind of way in how they both refused to accept being tackled as a possibility. They are nothing even remotely alike in terms of how they play the game of football.

My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #283 on: September 2, 2017, 10:38:04 pm »
Think he is a great signing as well but not so sure about the low price or signing him early.

Keita moved for £1.3m three years ago, Dembele cost £15m a year ago and goes for nearly ten times that amount a year later.

With the reluctance for clubs to sell players being able to identify young players is going to be even more important.

So well done FSG and Edwards for bringing in Solanke who could prove to be an absolute gem.

We tried to sign Keita last summer but he said he wasn't ready for the challenge yet.

Like I said before, what happens in the transfer market isn't entirely in our own control. Like any job really where you have to deal with any 3rd party.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 2, 2017, 10:42:27 pm »
This is probably the deal of the year, even if he's not coming for a year. He'll be worth 300m in a few years time.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #285 on: September 2, 2017, 10:42:56 pm »
How did we get this guy 😎 ?
I know YouTube can flatter but why didn't the Spanish clubs enter the market for him ?
Stylistically, we are a perfect fit for how he plays.
We have reportedly been in for him since as far back as people know who he was.
His agent is Mane's agent who I suspect held a large amount of influence.
He describes Mane as a role model to him when he arrived at Salzburg
We have a strong muslim contingent at the club and do everything we can to accommodate their religious requirements.

From Keita's perspective, we are the perfect club for him to be at from both a human and footballing perspective.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: September 2, 2017, 10:45:43 pm »
This is probably the deal of the year, even if he's not coming for a year. He'll be worth 300m in a few years time.

Ha ha, and he rest!

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 2, 2017, 11:00:47 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EoHDAack0FA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EoHDAack0FA</a>

What a ridiculous player!!! And he is ours. :scarf

And he is this ridiculous in one match. Can't wait to have him. I am not that arsed about Ballon d'Or and shit, but he is going to win one.

We are going to win the league with him! :champ :champ :champ
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #288 on: September 2, 2017, 11:20:44 pm »
800 touches in one game based on that video. :D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #289 on: September 2, 2017, 11:25:51 pm »
Like Kanté on amphetamines.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 2, 2017, 11:29:43 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EoHDAack0FA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EoHDAack0FA</a>

Wow. First compilation I've seen of him. He looks a perfect fit for our team and we are going to be scary with him.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #291 on: September 2, 2017, 11:42:19 pm »
Like Kanté on amphetamines.
quoth Leon Osman

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #292 on: September 2, 2017, 11:44:55 pm »

And he is this ridiculous in one match. Can't wait to have him. I am not that arsed about Ballon d'Or and shit, but he is going to win one.

He's one of those players you just know he has got it after you see his first few touches. Going to be some player for us.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #293 on: September 2, 2017, 11:50:03 pm »
You guys do realise that Klopp's only going to make him better, right? Frightening prospect.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 2, 2017, 11:53:08 pm »
He is going to be great when we defend the title next season. ;) ;)

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 3, 2017, 12:02:18 am »

As sensational as that video is (and it is sensational - some players have end of season compilation videos which are less impressive) Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen is so far down the german leagues that it is difficult (for a non-German speaker) to find out exactly what league they are in (after some googling I found they were in the Verbandsliga Württemberg - one of the many 6th tier leagues - made up entirely of amateurs)
Edit: that is wrong, after finding their wiki (I have no idea why it didn't come up in my google search) they are apparently in the 2nd tier of the 7th tier. Though this seems inconsistent with some of the info on their website so one of the two is out of date.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2017, 12:06:31 am by CowboyKangaroo »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 3, 2017, 12:04:26 am »

yikes - the shit that he sees and tries to pull of is ridiculous - inside, outside of the boot, dribbles, control, striking of the ball......

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 3, 2017, 12:09:31 am »
As sensational as that video is (and it is sensational - some players have end of season compilation videos which are less impressive) Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen is so far down the german leagues that it is difficult (for a non-German speaker) to find out exactly what league they are in (after some googling I found they were in the Verbandsliga Württemberg - one of the many 6th tier leagues - made up entirely of amateurs)
Edit: that is wrong, after finding their wiki (I have no idea why it didn't come up in my google search) they are apparently in the 2nd tier of the 7th tier. Though this seems inconsistent with some of the info on their website so one of the two is out of date.
Fair enough about the opposition. He is still ridiculous as fuck though.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #298 on: September 3, 2017, 12:17:54 am »
He looks just as superior in the Bundesliga.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #299 on: September 3, 2017, 12:26:32 am »
You guys do realise that Klopp's only going to make him better, right? Frightening prospect.
He'll peak in 4 years. What the fuck will that look like???

Offline RedStorm73

• Kemlynite
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
    • Legends of Anfield Painting
« Reply #300 on: September 3, 2017, 12:30:23 am »
Wow, Naby looks to be an absolute gem in the making. I'm so glad we went all out for him.
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”

http://legendsofanfieldpainting.com/

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 3, 2017, 12:37:53 am »
yikes - the shit that he sees and tries to pull of is ridiculous - inside, outside of the boot, dribbles, control, striking of the ball......
His dribbling is so effortless. Silky smooth, like sliding on water. Maybe naive to say this but Iniesta-esque.

And regarding his control, I am assuming his control of the situation. The way he knows how many players are around him and still makes them look stupid. Plus the way he shields the ball so well. Totally on the Keith bandwagon.
Needless to say, I am completely and hopelessly in love with him.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #302 on: September 3, 2017, 12:48:28 am »
Every clip of keita I see makes me think the same thing. "He's taking the piss"

He might be decent for us  :D

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 3, 2017, 01:01:11 am »
Reminds me of Stevie in his pomp.

Great passer, box to box, good shot with the boot. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 3, 2017, 01:09:20 am »
Reminds me of Stevie in his pomp.

Great passer, box to box, good shot with the boot.
Nah, Stevie wasn't as good a dribbler as Keita.

Offline gravey101

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: September 3, 2017, 01:21:07 am »
he constantly moves forward when in possession, taking up empty space or committing the defense. 

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 3, 2017, 01:26:05 am »
Nah, Stevie wasn't as good a dribbler as Keita.
Yeah...maybe only that.

But overall, very similar players. Maybe Stevie has a better shot?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #307 on: September 3, 2017, 01:38:07 am »
Yeah...maybe only that.

I'd say so. More physical as well.

I'm pretty wet after watching some clips of him though. Gonna be a monster for us, I think.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 3, 2017, 02:13:08 am »
This compilation features his  first goal for Leipzeg v Dortmund

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW1cfXqL_38

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #309 on: September 3, 2017, 02:34:47 am »
I know it's a bit earlyto get excited....but he passes the ball forward with so much ease it's unreal and not just that but the spaces he finds...can't wait for next season.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 3, 2017, 02:51:13 am »
I really hope we are able to hang onto Can and Coutinho. A midfield of Keita and Coutinho or Keita and Can ahead of Hendo and behind a front three of Firmino, Mane, and Salah.

Mouth watering to say the least.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #311 on: September 3, 2017, 02:55:19 am »
Yeah...maybe only that.

I think Keita is better in tight spaces. Gerrard is better running into those spaces, if that makes sense.

Keita reminds me a lot of the kids I see play football in Brasil in the really bad areas. There is usually 1 or 2 in the group who can keep control of the ball when surrounded by 5 or 6 kids. Extremely strong core despite being wiry looking. They just dribble the ball around in the street. I don't think you can really teach that in an academy setting. I think you have to learn that in the street or futsal or wherever.

He is also outrageously ambitious. He said he wants to be the best footballer in the world, as successful as Messi. I found a quote about him also from coach Hasenhüttl, describing him as “an exceptionally gifted footballer that has an unbelievable elegance on the ball.” As a person, he is “a phenomenal guy, always sincere, always laughing, in a good mood and positive,” whilst Keita’s team-mate Marvin Compper recognises him as someone who is “ambitious yet humble.”

Interestingly I read that our favourite Hoffenheim manager who thinks we were "shit" wasn't happy about him.

His aggressive style wasn’t to Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann’s taste after he was left irked by Keita’s overzealousness in their defeat to Leipzig back in January but the Guinean took that as compliment.

:D  :D  :D

Julian Nagelsmann will be getting a reputation as the German Mourinho if he keeps whinging like this. Although a fucking terrifically gifted coach I must say.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 3, 2017, 03:09:23 am »
As good as that performance appears I don't think he got out of 2nd gear..or he made it look that way. Effortless yet commanding.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #313 on: September 3, 2017, 03:35:07 am »
I don't think you can really teach that in an academy setting. I think you have to learn that in the street or futsal or wherever.

For all the money spent on coaching education and licensing, and superlative training facilities, I'm inclined to agree.

Dribbling isn't a formal activity; it's not just muscle repetition.

It's learned best being a selfish little bastard when twenty kids are hacking away at your ankles, because fuck that, it's mine!  ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #314 on: September 3, 2017, 03:40:44 am »
For all the money spent on coaching education and licensing, and superlative training facilities, I'm inclined to agree.

Dribbling isn't a formal activity; it's not just muscle repetition.

It's learned best being a selfish little bastard when twenty kids are hacking away at your ankles, because fuck that, it's mine!  ;D
Yeah pretty much that. The sole aim of the game seems to be to keep the ball as long as possible an evade the swarm chasing you. Fun to watch. The amount of control and skill some of those kids at 11 have is outrageous.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #315 on: September 3, 2017, 04:35:41 am »
He's 22.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #316 on: September 3, 2017, 04:39:53 am »
Fixed that for you

Lol. Nah. It didn't need fixing

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #317 on: September 3, 2017, 04:42:56 am »
Mane   Bobby   Salah

Keita       Oxlade
           Can

Wet dreams. That midfield is so bullish it isn't funny
Against sides who come at us, I would always have Gini in there somewhere. He's a master of transitions. He will always be MOTM contender for any clash with amongst the top sides - except United as they play like a Tony Pulis team.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #318 on: September 3, 2017, 07:44:57 am »
I wasn't comparing them stylistically, just that he reminds me of him in a romantic attachment to watching football in my youth kind of way in how they both refused to accept being tackled as a possibility. They are nothing even remotely alike in terms of how they play the game of football.
Fair enough. I just thought it was an odd comparison, no matter what way you compare them. Like there are so many players over the years who've been great dribblers, but are stylistically much more resemblant to Keita, picking Kinkladze out just seemed odd. I guess if Kinkladze was your favourite player or something. Like if you were gonna pick out a mythical figure in English football to compare him to from around that time period who enjoyed running rings around opponents, Gazza is probably the one. Two footed, similar upright style.

Keita would have led the league last season in interceptions per game for a midfielder I believe. I don't know if there's been a player with so much offensive talent also be so dominant defensively. I can't think of one. Maybe just in the stories you hear of Alberto Di Stefano from the 50's who was also talked about by opposition as being like 2 players in 1.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #319 on: September 3, 2017, 12:46:23 pm »
Lawd have mercy

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nzav2vS0ktw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nzav2vS0ktw</a>
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.