Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664092 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1320 on: December 17, 2016, 01:28:59 pm »
firmino is the one "suffering" by origi's run in the team.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: December 17, 2016, 02:22:27 pm »
I wonder if we won't see him played on the wing once Mane is gone in January. He's probably the only other player we have who has pace to burn on the wings, as well as the ability to consistently get into goalscoring positions.

Think it's more likely that Firmino will move out to the right and Origi will stay central. 

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1322 on: December 17, 2016, 07:39:50 pm »
I see Origi remaining in the team for at least another month by the time Coutinho is fit, Mane will be off to the African nations.

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1323 on: December 19, 2016, 03:07:38 pm »
Another one tonight please Divock lad  :D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: December 20, 2016, 12:33:13 am »
He's having a decent season I'd say.  Kid is going to be great in a year or two. 

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #1325 on: December 20, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »
He wasn't at his best to be honest, we didn't really have a lot of stand out performances and much of the result was about will and grit. Several times Firmino or others made runs and he had clear passes but decided to go alone himself and lost possession in good areas.

He's young but he needs to be as impactful providing for others as they are for him. That's what was so brilliant about his play (scoring records aside) last season.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:25:30 pm by Halcyon Lissome »
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: December 20, 2016, 03:58:04 pm »
didn't score? needs dropping.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: December 27, 2016, 08:42:02 pm »
Did a lot of hard work today. Would have gotten the assist to Mane on a perfect dangerous cross.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1328 on: December 27, 2016, 08:56:41 pm »
Did a lot of hard work today. Would have gotten the assist to Mane on a perfect dangerous cross.

That's what I like about the kid. There is no game where he doesn't work hard even if he doesn't score...

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1329 on: December 27, 2016, 08:59:18 pm »
His hold up and pass for the opener was a superb bit of play too - the strength and doggedness of a classic number 9 followed by a pin point beauty that Alonso would have been proud of. I love him, he is going to be absolutely immense in a couple of years. He already is, but he's like a jigsaw where you've only just found a few corner and side pieces. You can see what the big picture is going to be, but it hasn't been put together yet.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: December 27, 2016, 09:01:01 pm »
He had a 20 or so minutes stretch of stellar hold up play in the latter stages of the first half, he was instrumental in us pinning Stoke back. He didn't have clear chances to score but he was very useful with his all-around play, nonetheless. I'd probably start him again against City.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: December 27, 2016, 09:01:54 pm »
Had a key role in 2 goals even though only one goes down as an assist.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: December 28, 2016, 08:58:47 am »
He really is special this lad, he has the lot and is still very young. I especially like when he has his back to goal and does his looping ball over the left back to Mane, he pulled that off a few times last night.

I think he will strike up a good partnership with Studge once Mane leave in January.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #1333 on: December 28, 2016, 09:23:36 am »
He really is special this lad, he has the lot and is still very young. I especially like when he has his back to goal and does his looping ball over the left back to Mane, he pulled that off a few times last night.

I think he will strike up a good partnership with Studge once Mane leave in January.

Not sold on both of them being on the pitch at the same time. Think Couthino and Firmino are much better defensively and will play most games.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: December 28, 2016, 09:34:03 am »
Not sold on both of them being on the pitch at the same time. Think Couthino and Firmino are much better defensively and will play most games.

I really think we need someone with a bit of pace to replace Mane and I can't see Origi being dropped as he's in really good form. I guess we will see but all of them will get plenty of minutes for sure.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: December 28, 2016, 09:39:01 am »
He's young and going to be a great talent - but at the moment he's the definate weak link in the team in my opinion. It's no coincidence our play and performances have dropped off since he came into the team, and Firmino switched out wide.

Still a very good talent, and i suppose long term wise we will benefit from having Divock getting this experience and run in the team - but short term wise, i'd prefer Firmino to back centrally.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #1336 on: December 28, 2016, 10:17:39 am »
He is linking very well with Mane. He can find him anywhere on the pitch and the fact that he continues to  run and support the play makes it even harder for the opponent. I really love to see him taking more pot shots as he does pack a punch in his shots.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #1337 on: December 28, 2016, 10:34:27 am »
He's young and going to be a great talent - but at the moment he's the definate weak link in the team in my opinion. It's no coincidence our play and performances have dropped off since he came into the team, and Firmino switched out wide.

Still a very good talent, and i suppose long term wise we will benefit from having Divock getting this experience and run in the team - but short term wise, i'd prefer Firmino to back centrally.
I honestly think that's more down to Coutinho being out, rather than Origi coming in. Coutinho offers something different that no one can easily replace and it certainly affects our play.

I'd also rather see Firmino central but a front line of Coutinho-Origi-Mane could also be a huge succes. Or maybe pretty soon Coutinho-Origi-Firmino, when Mane is at the AFCON.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1338 on: December 28, 2016, 01:24:32 pm »
Quite frustrating in the first half, didn't really use his power and pace intelligently.

But, after about half an hour, he stared holding it up better and playing some great passes to Mané on the right.

He's still miles off where he was at the end of last season, but he's certainly improving.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: December 28, 2016, 01:29:18 pm »
That's what I like about the kid. There is no game where he doesn't work hard even if he doesn't score...

His overall game is improving every time he steps on the pitch.  He's going to be something special in a few years. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: December 28, 2016, 01:31:00 pm »
Quite frustrating in the first half, didn't really use his power and pace intelligently.

But, after about half an hour, he stared holding it up better and playing some great passes to Mané on the right.

He's still miles off where he was at the end of last season, but he's certainly improving.

I'm not sure anyone played very well that first 30 minutes.  There seemed to be a switch go off in everyone's head right after Migs save on Allen. 

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #1341 on: December 31, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »
The fucking speed of the lad when he was chasing that ball down at the end. Gave the lad 10 yards and still caught him.
Believe

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: December 31, 2016, 08:20:49 pm »
The fucking speed of the lad when he was chasing that ball down at the end. Gave the lad 10 yards and still caught him.

and drew a foul giving us another 30 seconds.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #1343 on: December 31, 2016, 08:27:06 pm »
and drew a foul giving us another 30 seconds.

It was mental. Genuinely was a point in the sprint where it was like he turned the nos on and got even faster than what looked like his top speed
Believe

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #1344 on: January 15, 2017, 11:41:06 pm »
Did a great job today leading the line.
Will only get better. Studge is great and all,
But I can see why Klopp seems to prefer Origi.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #1345 on: January 16, 2017, 12:10:45 am »
He simply gives us an option when we gotta hit it long, runs the chanels well and better at holding play than dan is.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: January 16, 2017, 12:16:23 am »
Origi was poor. Had the chance to run down the line a few times but cut back in to trouble. He needs to close down better. One ball going back to De Gea was in the air for a few seconds and he just stood watching. Get into the pricks eye line at least.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: January 16, 2017, 12:23:51 am »
Seems to be a bit low on confidence, too. When he had that great run at the end of the first half he didn't even look to shoot. It was a situation very similar to his goal away at Dortmund last year, but today he just seemed to be looking for support, rather than try and finish.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: January 16, 2017, 12:30:34 am »
Origi was poor. Had the chance to run down the line a few times but cut back in to trouble. He needs to close down better. One ball going back to De Gea was in the air for a few seconds and he just stood watching. Get into the pricks eye line at least.

My words aren't as harsh as this, but id agree that this wasn't one of his best games. Mane is a huge loss for us and I think it forces us to play a different way and it ends up a little predictable. origi is then the only focal point rather than having pacey options along side him and it made him look worse than he actually was.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1349 on: January 16, 2017, 12:31:17 am »
The biggest problem he's having especially today is playing with his back to goal, under pressure and holding it up - his techinque isn't good enough at the moment. Once he gets it out in front of him he looks like a weapon but he's not taking care of the ball well enough or making good enough decisions in possession.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: January 16, 2017, 03:02:48 am »
He tried, he worked hard but he lost the ball in crucial parts of the pitch. He's still young and got a lot to learn.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #1351 on: January 16, 2017, 04:55:39 am »
I think he did well yesterday on the left side of a 3-man forward line. He won many headers, hold up play well, patient and waited for support which did not come as quickly. He made Valencia worked overtime. Herrera and Jones had to come and closed him down when he was drifting to the left with the ball. He was a real thorn and gave them some torrid time. What I like about him is that he does not drop to the center circle when we have the ball. This actually pin back their midfield (especially Carrick and Pogba) and gave us room to move the ball up. A few times he was able to wrestle and win the ball in their half and caused some havoc with his powering run. No one can hold up play better then him today. He ran himself to the ground in the last 10 mins.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: January 16, 2017, 01:16:51 pm »
He tried, he worked hard but he lost the ball in crucial parts of the pitch. He's still young and got a lot to learn.

also probably will be asked to start on wednesday and possibly play the whole game.

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #1353 on: January 16, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »
Clearly a very young talented footballer, but Sturridge simply has to start ahead of him for me. Origi lacks that intelligence and it's most likely a confidence and/or consistency issue due to his age, but I think he's been pretty poor the majority of his time on the pitch this season. No real pressing or true physical presence, running into trouble and giving the ball away all too often.
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1354 on: January 16, 2017, 01:26:49 pm »
Clearly a very young talented footballer, but Sturridge simply has to start ahead of him for me. Origi lacks that intelligence and it's most likely a confidence and/or consistency issue due to his age, but I think he's been pretty poor the majority of his time on the pitch this season. No real pressing or true physical presence, running into trouble and giving the ball away all too often.

What pressing or physical attributes does Sturbridge bring to the game?

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1355 on: January 16, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »
What pressing or physical attributes does Sturbridge bring to the game?

He doesn't, but he's significantly better than Origi in pretty much every other aspect. So if Origi isn't bringing this side of this game to the table there's no argument for him to be in the team, in my opinion.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: January 16, 2017, 01:47:04 pm »
He doesn't, but he's significantly better than Origi in pretty much every other aspect. So if Origi isn't bringing this side of this game to the table there's no argument for him to be in the team, in my opinion.

And yet Origi has still scored twice as many PL goals this season!

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1357 on: January 16, 2017, 01:52:38 pm »
And yet Origi has still scored twice as many PL goals this season!

As impressive as that might sound, 2 extra goals in 200 more minutes isn't exactly defining. And if we are talking about goals, there's only one winner.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: January 16, 2017, 02:09:53 pm »
As impressive as that might sound, 2 extra goals in 200 more minutes isn't exactly defining. And if we are talking about goals, there's only one winner.

200 mins what's that 2 extra games.

So not much in it really.

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1359 on: January 16, 2017, 02:51:19 pm »
200 mins what's that 2 extra games.

So not much in it really.

There's not over that small sample, but if Origi is not offering the physicality/that side of his game very well then for me we should be playing Sturridge. Baring in mind his outstanding goal record, intelligent running and passing, and the fact teams are now sitting off us more (with relative success)- I believe him to be a far, far better option whilst Mane is away.
You'll Never Walk Alone.