Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047401 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The problem I have with the likes of Mills is that they are either unaware, or just don't care, that their comments make them sound ridiculous.
This is just the latest in a long line of comments that demonstrate he has no expertise or credibility. How anyone can say what he did is bad enough, but to do so without any context as to the competition we have faced is borderline deceit.

They just the goalposts in order to create controversy; remember when we just had to win something, but we all knew full well that a domestic trophy would be devalued because big players want big prizes. We then get to a final, have appalling luck, but all we get is that it's another final lost. We then win the thing the next year, at the same time as getting 97 points in the league and we're told that one trophy in 4 years isn't good enough. We all know what the story would have been if we had lost in Madrid.

The guys a prick, anyone that comes out with such specious shite and wants to be taken seriously can be nothing else. But what would help is if Liverpool fans didn't respond. No calls, no comments no clicks.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1181654636291338241?s=19

Favourite quote underneath = "I'm not pressing play. He has a wooly hat on, indoors"  :lmao

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
But what would help is if Liverpool fans didn't respond. No calls, no comments no clicks.

If he only worked for TalkSport, I'd agree. But he's been airing this shite whenever he can get away with it on his appearances for Sky and the BBC over the last few years. So I think it's good he gets called out every now and then, because his colleagues won't.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
If he only worked for TalkSport, I'd agree. But he's been airing this shite whenever he can get away with it on his appearances for Sky and the BBC over the last few years. So I think it's good he gets called out every now and then, because his colleagues won't.
The simple answer is to not watch or listen to them, don't give them the attention they want. I don't need to watch MoTD or Sky Sports to know how good we are, or to hear any criticism from an average footballer with a axe to grind. 

When I watch us on TV I Turn it on a couple of minutes before the match, I might wait for the managers interviews after the game but I have no interest in what most of the pundits have to say.

There's a few who I will listen to, like Mourinho who has a fascinating insight into the game, but the majority are talking heads.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Someone posted a link to Hairy Hands Keys blog the other day. I scrolled through a couple of the blogs and concluded that he is arguably an even bigger bellend than he seems on TV. One of his blog posts extolled the virtues of hosting the World Cup in Qatar, even saying it would be the best ever; then spoke utter bollocks about the region's shocking human rights record. A c*nt of a man in every respect  :wanker

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The problem I have with the likes of Mills is that they are either unaware, or just don't care, that their comments make them sound ridiculous.
This is just the latest in a long line of comments that demonstrate he has no expertise or credibility. How anyone can say what he did is bad enough, but to do so without any context as to the competition we have faced is borderline deceit.

They just the goalposts in order to create controversy; remember when we just had to win something, but we all knew full well that a domestic trophy would be devalued because big players want big prizes. We then get to a final, have appalling luck, but all we get is that it's another final lost. We then win the thing the next year, at the same time as getting 97 points in the league and we're told that one trophy in 4 years isn't good enough. We all know what the story would have been if we had lost in Madrid.

The guys a prick, anyone that comes out with such specious shite and wants to be taken seriously can be nothing else. But what would help is if Liverpool fans didn't respond. No calls, no comments no clicks.

Nothing will be good enough for the likes of Mills, so why bother listening.  If we were to go on and win the league he’d just say that Blackburn and Leicester won it once, the real achievement will be in retaining it.  If we managed to do that he would say it’s the least you would expect seeing that Klopp has been “given” players like Salah, Mane, Van Dijk, Robertson etc.  There will be no acknowledgement that  they weren’t world class at the time of signing and no credit will be given for identifying and training them.

The reason I know that is because they said the same about his Dortmund team.  “Anyone could win with the likes of Lewandowski, Gotze and Hummels etc” as if they were complete players when they signed and Klopp had no influence on them at all.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nothing will be good enough for the likes of Mills, so why bother listening.  If we were to go on and win the league he’d just say that Blackburn and Leicester won it once, the real achievement will be in retaining it.  If we managed to do that he would say it’s the least you would expect seeing that Klopp has been “given” players like Salah, Mane, Van Dijk, Robertson etc.  There will be no acknowledgement that  they weren’t world class at the time of signing and no credit will be given for identifying and training them.

The reason I know that is because they said the same about his Dortmund team.  “Anyone could win with the likes of Lewandowski, Gotze and Hummels etc” as if they were complete players when they signed and Klopp had no influence on them at all.
I don't mate, it's the fact that these tossers get a platform for their half baked drivel that annoys me, the fact that co presenters rarely challenge them, and the fact that LFC fans actually bother to reply/call/click. If as a fanbase we engaged less with them, maybe they'd dial it down a bit.
Totally agree with the revisionism on players. Blues still can't believe how a team containing such average players like Robertson, Milner, Henderson, Matip has achieved so much  :D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
It's incredible the effect Jürgen Klopp has had on people these last 4 years  ;D  The jealousy is palpable. Idiots like Mills are falling over themselves trying to discredit him these past couple days, while Liverpool fans are celebrating his first 4 years here.

They loved the first couple seasons, cos they could pretend he wasn't improving anything, but the last 18 months, it's been clear as day, even for the stupidest of fans and pundits. And then the inevitable happened, he won the biggest prize of all, and they could no longer use their stock 'he hasn't won anything' line.  So now they have moved onto the next phases of their jealousy and bitterness - making out that he's not won enough.

We know deep down, that they know what they say is bullshit.  But it's all they have now. It's pitiful, but that's football these days, and Abu Dhabi and Man Utd fans will lap it up on Twitter, as it's all they have to grasp now.

Far too many English football fans, media and pundits enjoy negativity rather than positivity, it's what they thrive on, and social media and tabloid radio like Talkshite is their drug.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sure. But I don't think Sutton, Savage or Murphy are incessantly biased against one team in the way Mills is against us

Yeah that's the main gripe with Mills, his absolutely blatant hatred for us specifically. Where does it come from?

There's plenty of awful pundits but I'm struggling to think of any that such a pronounced disdain for one specific team. I suppose Durham and Neville are pretty bad for Arsenal.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^^Remember the stats that tried to claim Liverpool were no better off under Klopp, especially during 2015/16 and the following season? It was so obvious that we were moving in the right direction even then.

Even so, one or two of our fans were starting to to question things and to be honest that was part of what motivated me to switch from lurker to poster. I just wasn't prepared to say nothing while some of our more gullible fans played a part in hounding out another class act.

Thankfully the worst didn't happen and we've now seen what a top class manager can do when he has a united club behind him. We just need to stick together as a fanbase and not let any agendas take hold, because at some point the usual suspects will try. They hate the fact that we are doing well.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Sure. But I don't think Sutton, Savage or Murphy are incessantly biased against one team in the way Mills is against us.

I've actually grown to quite like Sutton fwiw...he's an oddball, but a funny one. Him and Alistair Bruce-Ball have saved 606.

I don't think so either. They're just morons really but Mills is just a spiteful ballbag for some unknown reason. He just says stupid things with no context. I have no time for people like him I wont waste my time listening to his thoughtless comments. Even the most biased Man Utd fans I know admit Klopp has completely transformed us, yes that dick can't bring himself to.
Wasn't it Mills who had a totally uneducated go at Sheff Utd in pre season too, about how they played long ball or direct football in the championship. even though they played nothing of the sort? 
Sutton - at first I couldn't stand his big stupid voice, still can't really but he takes any chance he gets to stick the boot into Man Utd, so he's alright.
My biggest problem is I'm not a music fan at all, so Talk Radio is generally what I listen to, and the bad ones heavily outweigh the good ones

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Mills is an active enemy of this club and goes out of his way to strike his blows. He’s way way further than Talksports rage and engage culture. He genuinely hates but is completely sly with it by attempting to sound objective but failing miserably,

Gary Neville hates us, doesn’t try to mask it with that shit. That I have no problem with

Mills is a small minded ugly prick

But what pisses me off is the platforms he’s given to do it. They know full well his agenda and just let him open both barrels
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:01:01 am by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tyler’s been a c*nt for years.

Proper Thames Valley Ted-he was at Wembley with his lad years ago supporting Wycombe when I went to watch me mate play against them for Runcorn.

Twats probably a lifelong Chelsea season ticket holder. Kip of him on Sunday - “the boys in blue being roared on by the Bridge” fucking bellend.

Can’t wait for him to pop his clogs. I’ll just go round shouting; “And it’s Dead”

:lmao

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mills is an active enemy of this club and goes out of his way to strike his blows. He’s way way further than Talksports rage and engage culture. He genuinely hates but is completely sly with it by attempting to sound objective but failing miserably,

Gary Neville hates us, doesn’t try to mask it with that shit. That I have no problem with

Mills is a small minded ugly prick

But what pisses me off is the platforms he’s given to do it. They know full well his agenda and just let him open both barrels

Mark Bright was just like him towards us. He's now disappeared. Hopefully, Mills will soon too.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mark Bright was just like him towards us. He's now disappeared. Hopefully, Mills will soon too.

Mafia style

Jurgen Klopp

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
yeah but mate, its a European charity shield tho innit mate, dunt count mate

;D ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A female American LFC fan has been putting Danny Mills straight on twitter and made him look a fool once again.

https://twitter.com/MaebyKate/status/1182614980744695810
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
A female American LFC fan has been putting Danny Mills straight on twitter and made him look a fool once again.

https://twitter.com/MaebyKate/status/1182614980744695810

Haha, his arse handed to him on a plate there!

Love how he goes full Alan Partridge mentioning his kids. A monumentally thick bellend he is.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's an endless stream of ex-players being employed as pundits and co-commentators on Radio 5 and Talksport - Michael Brown, Clinton Morrison, Micah Richards, Trevor Sinclair, etc etc - all of them just sound thick, don't add anything of value and and are sometimes almost painful to listen to. It's not even as though they were top players who you might think are worth listening to. Can't they at least get some coaches / managers who might be able to give some tactical insight? I remember when they used to have people like Jimmy Armfield and Graham Taylor, now it's just a load of mediocre players from the 90s / 00s.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:24:28 pm by Rob Dylan »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
The only knobhead worse than Danny Mills is Richard Keys,
The only fucknugget worse than Richard Keys is Danny Mills
Round and round they go, in a pavane of puerile prickishness
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
The only knobhead worse than Danny Mills is Richard Keys,
The only fucknugget worse than Richard Keys is Danny Mills
Round and round they go, in a pavane of puerile prickishness
For gobshites in their purest form, you'll go a hell of a long way to beat Paul 'Merse' Merson, he's not particularly agenda driven or an arsehole or anything, he's just a 24 carat imbecile, exhibit A;

https://twitter.com/patfc91/status/660489415349936128?s=19

Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
I don't mind ex players from other teams having a go at us but Danny Murphy played for us and won 4 trophies? and comes across as bitter as they come, I remember when we beat Everton in the fa cup a few years back and they showed a lad on crutches celebrating and he made a comment along the lines of "he'll have his benefits stopped on Monday"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Saw Jokehole on the telly earlier chatting utter wham and remember thinking "this must be the fickest fella on the telly"

Then Clinton Morrison comes on a couple of hours later and shouts "hold my beer"

• Legacy Fan
Saw Jokehole on the telly earlier chatting utter wham and remember thinking "this must be the fickest fella on the telly"

Then Clinton Morrison comes on a couple of hours later and shouts "hold my beer"
Saw Cole and Crouch together, and I thought Cole handled himself fairly well to be honest, he's not a genius or anything but it's unfair to compare him to uber-biff Clinton Morrison.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I'll say it now, dumber & dumber are going to be painful on comms today.
#Sausages

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'll say it now, dumber & dumber are going to be painful on comms today.

You’ll have to narrow that down, it covers about 90% of commentator pairs.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Tyler. Just awful, should have been put out to pasture years ago.

But he will be getting a reprimand off Sky for saying that 1992 was "when the league was restructured."

It didn't exist before, remember Martin?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
Two words...Robbie Savage.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
There's an endless stream of ex-players being employed as pundits and co-commentators on Radio 5 and Talksport - Michael Brown, Clinton Morrison, Micah Richards, Trevor Sinclair, etc etc - all of them just sound thick, don't add anything of value and and are sometimes almost painful to listen to. It's not even as though they were top players who you might think are worth listening to. Can't they at least get some coaches / managers who might be able to give some tactical insight? I remember when they used to have people like Jimmy Armfield and Graham Taylor, now it's just a load of mediocre players from the 90s / 00s.

Some of the names you quote could be a result of the newish tv, film and broadcasting rules which roughly state that at least 15% of ‘underrepresented people’ must be used at all times.
Which could lead to some suggesting that skin colour is more important than ability.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Neville trying to reverse-jinx their goal was hilarious
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Charlie Adam.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
^

Charlie Adam was on BBC's podcast talking utter bollocks yet again, saying the Origi foul wasn't a foul according to his warped rules. What a tosser.

According to him if it didn't break a bone it wasn't a foul.   :wanker

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
^

Charlie Adam was on BBC's podcast talking utter bollocks yet again, saying the Origi foul wasn't a foul according to his warped rules. What a tosser.

According to him if it he didn't breakfast on a T-bone steak it wasn't a foul.   :wanker

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
Btw i listen to quite a few different footie podcasts now and was wondering if anyone had thought of starting a podcast thread on here to moan about/praise etc podcasts and contributors to them.

One of my faves is The Guardian podcast. Called Football Weekly.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:02:36 pm by Crouch Potato »

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopps called it and has it right

The construction of the ‘full Liverpool team in a mix of the two’ banana peel Mills threw on the floor like Donkey Kong in Mariokart was a joke and ran way way deeper than just that hateful tosser who’s obviously been deeply wronged at some point by an LFC fan

Sky wouldve approached him to do that. At that point he says ‘no i don’t think any of United get in’

That’s the end of it.

But to go through it blow by blow and build us up to this huge obstacle for united to get past was geared to put us under pressure. Watch the united fans behind the goal when Lallana equalises

That would’ve been him in his lounge at that very moment. Unlucky Danny you bald pedantic weird twat 

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Klopps called it and has it right

The construction of the ‘full Liverpool team in a mix of the two’ banana peel Mills threw on the floor like Donkey Kong in Mariokart was a joke and ran way way deeper than just that hateful tosser who’s obviously been deeply wronged at some point by an LFC fan

Sky wouldve approached him to do that. At that point he says ‘no i don’t think any of United get in’

That’s the end of it.

But to go through it blow by blow and build us up to this huge obstacle for united to get past was geared to put us under pressure. Watch the united fans behind the goal when Lallana equalises

That would’ve been him in his lounge at that very moment. Unlucky Danny you bald pedantic weird twat 

Sky and Mills did it so people talked about Sky, so radio hosts would talk about Sky, so podcasts would talk about Sky, so forums would mention Sky. Their goals is to promote their company not to get one over on Liverpool, a club that has given them incredible content to sell over the last months, years and decades. 

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Jim White was asked the question earlier

Do you think Sheffield United have been the best promoted team

"Well they're certainly up there"

There's only fucking 3 of them you fucking twathammer.

• Legacy Fan
Jim White was asked the question earlier

Do you think Sheffield United have been the best promoted team

"Well they're certainly up there"

There's only fucking 3 of them you fucking twathammer.
That White is a massive fraud too

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
jim white is a c*nt

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/MrNickMason/status/1187983017513508864?s=19

Paul merson thinks stones is as talented as virgil who only looks better cos of cruyff turns..