Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047370 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
New candidate, Dean Saunders. For a) implying that we're not already the better counter-attacking team in the league and b) offering Rooney as an actual suggestion as a player who would fix that.

Context for those who need it - https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1158621481636700160
Dean Saunders is just an idiot. Mills is an idiot with a snide vindictive streak.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Danny Mills makes me sick how bad he is. by far the worst

Makes me happy to see him top of the poll.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Mills would 100% tell you that 'you've not played at the highest level' if you were ever in the position to criticize him in person.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Mills would 100% tell you that 'you've not played at the highest level' if you were ever in the position to criticize him in person.
So Djimi Traore can call him a c*nt with impunity?

(and probably does, to be fair)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Forgot how unbearable them two are. Relentless negativity, you'd think we were being outclassed 8-0 on our own pitch. A slightly dodgy pass from Alisson, whining, a great save from Alisson, total silence. Any mistake Trent makes picked up on, nothing about the good. Just non stop. Alisson off injured "they got lucky with injuries last season" is the first comment from Carragher.

But at least "Norwich won the second half", that appeared to make them both very happy. Bellends.

It was horrendous, when I cancel sky and tell them to shove it up their collective hoop i’ll Be citing Tyler as the reason
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan

That’s cool, because I could also tell him the same thing

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was horrendous, when I cancel sky and tell them to shove it up their collective hoop i’ll Be citing Tyler as the reason

Luckily I watched it for free on Sky One, there is no way I would pay to listen to that pair of pricks all season.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/sheffield-united-danny-mills-lazy-pundits-prevent-viewers-understanding-football

FourFourTwo on Mills
That's a great piece and I'm sure just the top of the iceberg of things you could use against Mills.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
New candidate, Dean Saunders. For a) implying that we're not already the better counter-attacking team in the league and b) offering Rooney as an actual suggestion as a player who would fix that.

Context for those who need it - https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1158621481636700160

Dean Saunders was probably the forward with the worst first touch I have ever seen in a red shirt.
He couldn’t trap a stationary breeze block.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/sheffield-united-danny-mills-lazy-pundits-prevent-viewers-understanding-football

FourFourTwo on Mills

“He’s not particularly good enough, but Kevin’s used his influence to get him in there.”

It's the only explanation for most of these pundits too, they have the right agent or kissed the right arse.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
FFS, just read that Mourinho is Sky's latest pundit, starting with tomorrow's Utd v Chelsea game.   :mindblown

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
FFS, just read that Mourinho is Sky's latest pundit, starting with tomorrow's Utd v Chelsea game.   :mindblown

From the, admittedly, small bits of punditry I’ve seen from him he seems far more reasonable as a commentator than as a manager. Highly complimentary of Klopp in the Champions league win.

Danny Mills on the other hand is the absolute worst of the worst
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:23:09 pm by Red Ol »
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
From the, admittedly, small bits of punditry I’ve seen from him he seems far more reasonable as a commentator than as a manager. Highly complimentary of Klopp in the Champions league win.

Danny Mills on the other hand is the absolute worse of the worse.

Actually, worse of the worse is worst of the worst.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
Actually, worse of the worse is worst of the worst.

Indeed! 😁
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Don't watch it then mate 😉👍
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Clinton Morrison on Soccer Saturday today.

Genuinely difficult to listen to.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For some reason I'm up watching the Sky montage of all of the PL goals between United and Chelsea. Even back in the 90s Martin Tyler sounded like he'd just been shown photos of his wife shagging around whenever Chelsea scored against them. Disgrace of a man.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Clinton Morrison on Soccer Saturday today.

Genuinely difficult to listen to.

Heard him on tonight too, he's absolutely dreadful he really is. He talks and behaves just like he's on for a laugh and a carry on. Someone somewhere thinks he is the best person for that role, absolutely baffling.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Does Simon Jordan quality for this?

Absolute helmet and an extremely punchable face to boot

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Danny Mills on the other hand is the absolute worst of the worst
Mills is a bell end

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Does Simon Jordan quality for this?

Absolute helmet and an extremely punchable face to boot

He sure does. Completely qualified for it he is. Simon "when I owned Palace" Jordan. He must say that line every 2 or 3 minutes honestly.
One thing I will give him though, sometimes he can give a good insight into the financial side of things that most other have zero idea about

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
'Merse'. What a sad excuse for a man. He was actually reasonably accurate in his assessment of Megamind signing for United - made unusually cogent arguments about how his highlights consist of him surging forward, not actually defending and being used to playing in a low block and how these were not necessarily compatible with how Man U play/are expected to play.

Then after one game...ONE GAME....against a miserably ineffective Chelsea attack he shits the bed and texts Maguire to say sorry. That he's wrong on the (non-sequitur) basis that he played with Tony Adams and John Terry and was used to their 'clear the lines first and foremost defending' (which I'm not sure is even accurate or fair on Adams and Terry) and that he has been 'disrespectful'.

No courage in his convictions, the usual shite, week to week, change your mind like your underpants punditry that we 'enjoy' on Sky.
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Reckon Mills is the worst all said and done, because he's a confluence of idiocy, laziness, smugness, humourlessness, and genuinely dangerous rhetoric. The latter one means that it's basically irresponsible to give him a platform to air his opinions, let alone pay him for it. And he plays (played?) a role in England's youth development...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
'Merse'. What a sad excuse for a man. He was actually reasonably accurate in his assessment of Megamind signing for United - made unusually cogent arguments about how his highlights consist of him surging forward, not actually defending and being used to playing in a low block and how these were not necessarily compatible with how Man U play/are expected to play.

Then after one game...ONE GAME....against a miserably ineffective Chelsea attack he shits the bed and texts Maguire to say sorry. That he's wrong on the (non-sequitur) basis that he played with Tony Adams and John Terry and was used to their 'clear the lines first and foremost defending' (which I'm not sure is even accurate or fair on Adams and Terry) and that he has been 'disrespectful'.

No courage in his convictions, the usual shite, week to week, change your mind like your underpants punditry that we 'enjoy' on Sky.

Will never forget him saying that United won't be scared of Suarez running at them, before he completely ripped them apart in the Kuyt hat-trick game.

Also the time he couldn't stop laughing at the thought of us knocking Barcelona out of the champions league before we went to the Nou Camp and won 1-2.

The guy is a helmet. Wants sympathy for being a gambling addict but then takes part in Sky Bet adverts.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
I don't mind Merson because I think he's possibly alright as a bloke. Can't help but think his employers had something to do with that apology too.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Jenas just said Chelsea have been the better team.  :lmao :lmao :lmao

It's been virtually all Liverpool.

EDIT: I will add that he said that around the 20 minute mark after we'd been cruising it, not after that when we decided not to bother competing for the trophy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:43:42 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4588 on: August 14, 2019, 08:43:55 pm »
Fucking Jenas just shut the fuck up!!

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
The whole of the BT production is pure “bantz”, amateur hour shite.
AHA!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How did Jenas even get that job? Utter no-mark of a footballer and it isn't like he's even controversial or insightful like some other no-marks in the media.

His level is Football League Friday nights on Sky.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think a fair amount of them get a job purely on the ability to turn up and not swear on-camera, there's nothing insightful or even interesting coming from so many of them.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
They were dreadful tonight. Jenas is a clown, and so is Hoddle, who managed to get a sexist comment in patronising the female ref for ''keeping up with the game'' and for suggesting that Lampard will be the happier of the two managers on the plane home tonight.  :o

Whilst Chelsea played well in spells, Jenas said they were the better side after 20 minutes, yet they'd hardly had a kick at that stage.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jake Humphrey was being a snide c*nt as usual. Trying to make a massive issue out of Alisson wearing a protective boot “like he’s damaged his Achilles”. And at half time he made some comment about Liverpool being awarded a penalty in the Champions League final that “hardly anyone thought should have been given”.  ::)

My recollection was that it was only Hoddle, who was having the most amusing mental breakdown on air over it, saying it wasn’t a penalty. 

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Jake Humphrey was being a snide c*nt as usual. Trying to make a massive issue out of Alisson wearing a protective boot “like he’s damaged his Achilles”. And at half time he made some comment about Liverpool being awarded a penalty in the Champions League final that “hardly anyone thought should have been given”.  ::)

My recollection was that it was only Hoddle, who was having the most amusing mental breakdown on air over it, saying it wasn’t a penalty.

Maybe he was worried that if he said it was, Hoddle would lean over and smack him. Poor Glenn, having to watch us win trophies over two of his former clubs. Here's to beating Monaco in the CL Final (or I guess Swindon in the League Cup?).

Jenas is just appalling though. Maybe it's just because I only hear him talking about us, and we're usually winning, but it sounds like he's got no real enthusiasm for the game.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Pinhead Jenas and Joe Cole calling every Chelsea player and staff member by their first names was doing my head in.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Maybe he was worried that if he said it was, Hoddle would lean over and smack him. Poor Glenn, having to watch us win trophies over two of his former clubs. Here's to beating Monaco in the CL Final (or I guess Swindon in the League Cup?).

Jenas is just appalling though. Maybe it's just because I only hear him talking about us, and we're usually winning, but it sounds like he's got no real enthusiasm for the game.

Hoddle is a media creation. As a player, he never turned up for the big games at Anfield. He was what today’s youngsters call a highlights reel player. Loads of skill, undoubtedly, but as Souness famously told the Tottenham team, “not good enough for Liverpool”.
He won the cup with Spurs and was media “savvy”. He chatted well to the media and gave them access. When it came to managing he did the sum of sweet fuck all. But everyone recalls his duet with the other waste of space Waddle. He got the Engurland job because he was the golden boy of London Football. His comments about the disabled were shocking and showed a lack of intelligence that had been covered up by his mullet and smile.
Don’t wish him harm, but can’t stand him.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
They really need to dump Jake

“Guys...”

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
They really need to dump Jake

“Guys...”

I always used to really like him on the bbc formula 1, with DC and Eddie, where he realised he knew a lot less and mostly was there to do links, and to keep the other 2 on track sometimes.  Yet in the football coverage, where he probably does know a little more (mainly as most people do), he is awful. 

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They were dreadful tonight. Jenas is a clown, and so is Hoddle, who managed to get a sexist comment in patronising the female ref for ''keeping up with the game'' and for suggesting that Lampard will be the happier of the two managers on the plane home tonight:o

Whilst Chelsea played well in spells, Jenas said they were the better side after 20 minutes, yet they'd hardly had a kick at that stage.  :butt
That was ridiculous. Some of these pundits just don't even bother trying to hide their bias, but it explains why Hoddle won bugger all of note in his career.
You keep moaning and rationalising defeats Glenn, we'll just take home the cups. Klopp won't give a shit how we won, he'll just see a 4 where there used to be a 3.