Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I Hope he is sold in the summer. If not, we buy a new striber, so we dont have to trust that Nunez get us the goals we need.

Striber

The Stribers were a water-breathing species indigenous to Julsujod III. Due to a natural disaster, a benevolent species, which may have been the Celestials, relocated them to Iskalon where they became part of the Iskalonian school.

They were the rarest of the species making up the Iskalonians. In physical appearance, they were smooth and without visible fins, with crystal blue skin, thin bodies, and large eyes. The Stribers were telepathic, and so when they chose to speak, they chose their words carefully. They thought out situations carefully before acting, leading to slow reactions. Unfortunately, the Stribers were slowly dying out, and it was predicted they would die out within a few generations after the Battle of Endor.

https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Striber

I mean, I don't know how a water breather is going to help our attack but it's worth a go I guess.
I hope we sell him and he fulfils his potential else where and we live to regret it
I guess it's not news but I read that we are still buying lots of wuzsian oil bit because it's processed elsewhere its 'allowed' 😒
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by fowlermagic on Today at 07:46:07 am »
It's a pity we didn't have the chance or bravery to play Trent in midfield with Mac n another while letting Bradley do his thing. Our best football over the years were driven by the energy out wide and Bradley gives you that while Trent, Macca n say Jones would have been a decent midfield. Anyway it's going to be interesting to see what happens as Bradley is our future right back and Trent needs to just move into the centre. End of
We don’t need a massive overhaul to begin with. We need a dominant CB and a dominant DM, and more depth in attack. IMO also a new starting LB but that’s going to be an unpopular shout.

I really hope they back the new manager properly and we don’t end yet another transfer window short of what’s required.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by CHOPPER on Today at 07:44:46 am »
Composure, a key trait all the great strikers have.
I think this is why people understate the role of recruitment (saying things like Edwards is ok, but Klopp is the one who made them world class)
Flipside is a manager can make someone world class if they have world class potential. Maybe, after 2 yrs of working with him every day, Nunez just misses the clinical finishing to be elite
He certainly hasnt made the leap

If a match is played by a team of elite players managed by a decent to good manager, vs an amazing manager and a mixed bag of players....the former wins
(You could actually say Real Madrid are an example of the former)

Put it this way - Klopp's last run-in looks very different if Nunez squares ball to Dom and doesnt give the ball away for the Utd equaliser
And if both Mo and Nunez dont miss their 1 on 1s with keeper vs Atlanta

At the elite end of sport, margins are so fine that these are the differences
And its the players, not the manager, who affect them

"My post has been amended by autocorrect. Please report me to the site admins for being ignorant". - get Slot in, surround him with fantastic talent on the cusp of exploding....and away we go !
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by GreatEx on Today at 07:43:46 am »
Spurs lost their last game 4-0, have 7 points from their last 5 games, have won one of their last 7 away games, and are playing each of the top 3 in their remaining 6 games.

What I'm saying is, they're guaranteed to win 6 out of 6 so we might as well give up.
Rafa 😍

Fucking hell. I think he’s tied up with Mourinho for the new Jurassic Park movie. I love Rafa, but his time has well and truly gone.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Wool on Today at 07:42:16 am »
🎖️| Liverpool are not preparing to sell Darwin Nunez. [@David_Ornstein]

Good. I’m not sure what we’re doing in training with him but whatever it is, it’s not working. Get someone in who can coach him to try different finishes depending on the situation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10