Author Topic: Walking, Camping, Out Door Shit...  (Read 15269 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Walking
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2016, 10:12:33 pm »
I like a good walk, it's good exercise and easier on the joints than running. Crosby beach is near to me, as is Rimrose Valley park, and are both great places for a walk.

I find this website handy when I want to work out how far I've walked:

http://gmap-pedometer.com/

I live near Preston so I'm not too far from some beautiful scenery (of course, it seems half of this island is made up of beautiful scenery), and I'll sometimes walk quite some distance if it's nice. Most of my walking is usually just a few hours around urban areas where I live, listening to my Spotify playlists, though.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2016, 02:25:39 pm »
This should go in "Inspire a Rawkite".

I spent Friday afternoon walking around Wimbledon Common with the better half.   I got to enjoy the scenery more than when I run through there...  I want to travel out to some places like the New Forest and the Downs over the summer.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline diggerbarnes0

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 03:57:11 pm »
I went up crib goch  ( the ridge on Snowdon ) in winter.

never again.

ever.

still have nightmares now.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2016, 08:58:35 pm »

never again.

ever.

Just googled it......sod that!  :D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:33 pm »
Just googled it......sod that!  :D
It's great in summer....when the weather is nice ;D

Winter....wouldn't do it, not without learning a lot more winter mountain skills.

Took a mate up Snowdon on a pretty grey and windy day couple of years ago. Took the pyg track and got to the top, had a look over to Crib Goch and saw the rescue helicopter hovering over the pinnacles for ages... 
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2016, 09:18:15 pm »
It's great in summer....when the weather is nice ;D

I'll take your word for it :)

It does look spectacular though.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »
I'll take your word for it :)

It does look spectacular though.
Its fine really. Hundreds of people must do it every week. You don't have to walk right on the top, there's a path slightly below it on the left - perfect height for using the top to hold on to. All you have to do is trust your feet to stay flat on the ground ;D

Dave would say, it helps being slightly nuts...... :P
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2016, 10:23:54 pm »
If you've already done Ladybower there's some fabulous walks a bit further on from there.  Someone's already mentioned Mam Tor but there's also Padley Gorge just further on from Hathersage in the Hope Valley.

Park at Grindleford train station and head up the gorge, eventually ending up at Toads Mouth.  There's a lovely pub at the top, Fox House, for something to eat then head back down the gorge on the opposite side.  It's not a massive walk, probably around 2 to 3 hours but it can be a tricky trek with a couple of 9 year olds. 

There's also Kinder Scout before you get to Ladybower, there's plenty of parking areas on Snake Pass.  If you've not already invested in some, get yourself some OS maps.  On the opposite side, the North Peak, there's also loads of walks along Woodhead Pass especially where the Tour de France started out last year.

There's also some fabulous walks round Ribchester, Clitheroe and around the Trough of Bowland.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:42 pm »
Yeah, plenty of people take their kids over crib goch using the path redbyrdz has mentioned.   Walking along the top is a risk, of course.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2016, 10:28:01 pm »
Incidentally folks I am a British Army map reading instructor, if anybody needs any help or advice please ask away   :wave

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:30:47 pm by jed the red »

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2016, 12:31:47 pm »
Can't believe no-one's suggested the Yorkshire Dales,  Wensleydale,  Swaledale  best part of England in my opinion.  Hawes is a good starting Point,  nice large village with great pubs for food where muddy boots are welcome.  My favourite walk is Kisdon Hill,  has everything I want in a walk,  lovely flat bits along the river with old industrial remains to explore,  a village at half way to stop and have your packup at,  and then a steepish climb over the hill with fantastic views across Swaledale

http://www.yorkshirewalks.org/diary12/diary453.html
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:17 pm »
Can't believe no-one's suggested the Yorkshire Dales,  Wensleydale,  Swaledale  best part of England in my opinion.  Hawes is a good starting Point,  nice large village with great pubs for food where muddy boots are welcome.  My favourite walk is Kisdon Hill,  has everything I want in a walk,  lovely flat bits along the river with old industrial remains to explore,  a village at half way to stop and have your packup at,  and then a steepish climb over the hill with fantastic views across Swaledale

Don't know if you remember in the dogs thread last year but you got me on the Millstone Inn in Hathersage. Great place to stay with the dog! You also mentioned the Yorkshire Dales then, and it’s been on my ‘to-do’ list ever since, think we’re going to try and get up there at some point this summer/autumn.

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2016, 05:58:17 pm »

never again.

ever.

Fuck that  :D

Got a few weeks off my adventures at the moment what with going away this weekend and kids birthday next weekend.

Weekend after all that I want to go down to Snowdon on my own and have a pop at that and then alternate it with a walk somewhere with the kids and a more challenging scenario on my own.

There`s some great suggestions in here.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:00:26 pm by TheTeflonJohn »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 5, 2016, 07:46:29 pm »
Panorama near Llangollen....one of the best vistas in Wales.

One small section of the view from the Panorama

From the Panorama looking towards the ruined castle of Castell Dinas Bran

The limestone escarpments

Also close by is the World Heritage Froncysyllte Aqueduct....worth a visit if you're in the area....on yer bike like.... ;D

Went to both of these today. The views from Panorama are stunning, better than on those pics. Deffo recommended. :wave

If I was to walk there (was on the bike today), I'd take Offa's dyke path from the aqueduct up to, and past Panorama.

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »
It`s been a while.

I`ve changed (or will change)  the title to more about walking, out door, camping, Bear Grylls type shit.

Just got back from a great week end of camping in the lakes with the kids, three days away from the world, no internet access, no one ringing me and just some lovely peace and fun with the young uns.

Went to Baysbrown camp site by Amblesdie, got there at 9.45am Satuday and the fucker was full! Spent an hour ringing round and stumbled across a camp site on a farm right next to Thirlmere lake.

It`s a great location, right next to Helvellyn which is the third highest peak in England.

Anyone been Ghyll Scrambling? Booked to do a spot of the old scrambling in a couple of weeks time, any advice apart from don`t drown?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Walking, Camping, Out Door Shit...
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:33 pm »
Some great walks round them parts in Ambleside. My favourite place by far is the Lake District . Normally set up base in Grasmere though. Such a gorgeous little village. And some nice little pubs after a good days walking
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »
Ambleside is a great place. Me and my dad ran Fairfield Horshoe one morning back in 88. We got to the top in quite a heavy mist. No worries my dad said its down this ridge. 2 hours later and £25 in a taxi we met my rather upset mum and brother. No mobiles back then and we had no cash to call the hotel, even if we'd known the number. I think that night Van Basten scored his wonder goal.

Online TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2016, 08:02:19 am »
Some great walks round them parts in Ambleside. My favourite place by far is the Lake District . Normally set up base in Grasmere though. Such a gorgeous little village. And some nice little pubs after a good days walking
Yeah Grasmere`s nice as well mate, the only thing with last weekend was everywhere was very busy (apart from the our campsite which was well away from the crowds) with it being bank holiday. I drove through Windermere on Saturday and it looked liked standing room only in parts.
Ambleside is a great place. Me and my dad ran Fairfield Horshoe one morning back in 88. We got to the top in quite a heavy mist. No worries my dad said its down this ridge. 2 hours later and £25 in a taxi we met my rather upset mum and brother. No mobiles back then and we had no cash to call the hotel, even if we'd known the number. I think that night Van Basten scored his wonder goal.
This is why I`m trying to become one with the outdoors, I want to be able to be dropped via parachute on to the top of a peak in the harshest of condition and navigate my way home form anywhere in the country armed with only a pen and a small brass trumpet.

Offline PresuminEd74

• Kemlynite
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2016, 07:27:38 am »
I love wild camping/walking in the Lake District, especially the Far Eastern Fells {which tend to be quieter} around Patterdale/Haweswater Reservoir. Priest Hole Cave is a great spot for an overnighter. Me and a few mates headed to the bothy very close to Buttermere 6 weeks ago for a night of beer, food and spectacular views. We got within sight of the bothy and that's when things went spectacularly tits up. I had the most innocuous slip in the history of fell walking and broke my Fibula and Tibia, full on rescue and helicopter situation. Mountain Rescue were absolutely immense and do an amazing job out there, massive respect for those guys.

Please give anything you can if you're in the Lakes and they're collecting...

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2016, 07:52:03 am »
Any experts on hiking boots in here?
Had a couple of pairs of merrell moabs in the last few years. Comfy and lightweight, but fed up of them disintegrating round my feet. Looking for something more durable/leather for the winter - as lightweight as possible - that will last a few years. And I would like them to look good because I'm a footwear snob. Happy to pay a bit more for the quality.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:54:10 am by meady1981 »

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2016, 07:55:45 am »
Had a couple of pairs of merrell moabs in the last few years. Comfy and lightweight, but fed up of them disintegrating round my feet. Looking for something more durable/leather for the winter - as lightweight as possible - that will last a few years. And I would like them to look good because I'm a footwear snob. Happy to pay a bit more for the quality.

Big fan of Scarpa, these are my new ones;

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/scarpa-mens-ranger-2-gtx-activ-boot-b1122365?id_colour=143
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Online jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2016, 08:18:36 am »

Altberg in Richmond. I have used them for years both as a soldier and as a walker. If you can get up to their factory in Richmond in North Yorkshire, they will take a mould of your feet for future reference, they also do a re-soling service which saves a fortune when your boots run down to the bones!

http://www.altberg.co.uk/

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2016, 09:20:26 am »
Been tempted to post this a few times now, since the new thread title...

When you're going for an outdoor shit, do it away from waterways and bury your shit about 10 inches deep, because that's where the right soil microorganisms live to break it down quickly. Don't bury any other rubbish with it, take all rubbish back home.

:wave

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2016, 11:49:38 am »

Totally agree with Dales. Was up there last weekend, stayed in Settle which is a lovely place and walked around Malham on the saturday and Ribblehead on the Sunday, both of which I'd recommend. With Malham you can take in the Tarn, The cove, Limestone pavement, Gordale Scar and up around Ribblehead is great for the (Yorkshire) 3 peaks. never had the weather like last weekend though which made it that much better - as did getting texts ofF my lad about the score on Friday.
Don't live locally anymore so M6 is a pain, but have seen a few mentions of the Peak District. Has anyone got any recommendations - ideally near the South of the Peaks because we'd be going along the A38 and heading north at Derby? Ideally decent Pub with rooms near some good walking, or a decent B&B near a decent pub near some good walking.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2016, 02:12:46 pm »

Cheers for the tips. I've gone and got myself some scarpas at lunch so I'm all set. I'll get in to the Altbergs if I ever get called up  ;)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 12:29:52 pm »
Just spent a week camping at Cheddar a couple of weeks ago, Just before Tracy passed away we brought A 6 berth inflatable tent but sadly we never got to use it.So thought I would try it out I have still been using our old tent.  Miles to big for one person I only used the main room but Tracy would have loved it. it was so easy and take down on my own peg the corners out and blow it up.

Went for a few walks but my main one was up Jacobs ladder and did the 3 mile walk along the top of Cheddar gorge did the opposite to last year i wanted to do the complete circuit in one go but couldn't in the end it poured down with rain in the night and it would have far to dangerous its really steep.

Maybe next year but its still strange doing things on my own even after 2 years and had a couple of bad moments there missing Trace.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:59:54 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2016, 01:17:31 pm »

Have a look at the Meindl range.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2017, 10:48:17 am »
Heading up to the Yorkshire Dales next week. Still debating on where to stay, seen on the dogs thread Dent has some great walks. Some of the Airbnb's we're looking at though are on the other side of the Dales, near Pateley Bridge or heading closer to Skipton. Anyone know the Yorkshire Dales well?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2017, 11:11:26 am »
Heading up to the Yorkshire Dales next week. Still debating on where to stay, seen on the dogs thread Dent has some great walks. Some of the Airbnb's we're looking at though are on the other side of the Dales, near Pateley Bridge or heading closer to Skipton. Anyone know the Yorkshire Dales well?
Hawes is the best place for a base in that area. I cycle around there a bit from Liverpool and when we stay in Swaledale it's always Hawes. There's plenty of places to eat and drink and loads of walking in the area...and all over that area. I know there's at least 4-5 B&B's in Hawes, I don't know how good they're tho...we stay in the YHA there.

Just lately I've spent some time based in Haworth for three short- mid-week breaks...that's another good base...I know it's not in the same area, but it's as good as any of the places I've visited-stayed at in Yorkshire.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2017, 02:32:35 pm »
Hawes is the best place for a base in that area. I cycle around there a bit from Liverpool and when we stay in Swaledale it's always Hawes. There's plenty of places to eat and drink and loads of walking in the area...and all over that area. I know there's at least 4-5 B&B's in Hawes, I don't know how good they're tho...we stay in the YHA there.

Just lately I've spent some time based in Haworth for three short- mid-week breaks...that's another good base...I know it's not in the same area, but it's as good as any of the places I've visited-stayed at in Yorkshire.

Yeah was looking at Hawes as well, decent place to stay on Airbnb in Gayle which is right next to it, but it's not had any reviews so just a bit hesitant. Nice one for the quick response will definitely take a look at Haworth as well.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:54 pm »
Yeah was looking at Hawes as well, decent place to stay on Airbnb in Gayle which is right next to it, but it's not had any reviews so just a bit hesitant. Nice one for the quick response will definitely take a look at Haworth as well.
On the other side of Yorkshire on the edge of the North Yorks National Park is Helmsley. It's a lovely little place with plenty of places to stay, eat and drink and I assume loads of nice walking to be had. I do know the The Cleveland Way National Trail starts at Helmsley. See the image below. It's also just 30 miles to the coast and Scarborough and further north is Whitby, where the fish and chips is lovely ;D. I know the cycling in the area is really good. Yorkshire is probably my favourite place to ride in, apart from Wales.....and like Wales it's great for walking.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 8, 2017, 03:55:05 pm »

Nice one for the recommendations had a great time up there. We stayed just outside of a place called Dent, but visited Ingleton and Hawes as well. Really enjoyed Hawes had a brilliant meal there in a pub called the The White Hart Inn, think we might stay there when we go back next. Some lovely walks in the Dales, can go for ages without seeing anyone.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2017, 12:05:07 am »

Went over that on a narrowboat a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff even though you are quite literally standing on the edge of a 100ft drop. There was a game of footy going on below, quite a strange way to watch it...

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Hiking
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »
Looking to do a lot more hiking over the winter and wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on clothing? On Wiggle in their outdoor section and see various waterproof jackets ranging from Berghaus to North Face. Over the years I keep buying the cheaper options, 100 quid or less & for once I think its time to shell out on something that will last a few years. Any suggestions / links are welcome.

If there is another outdoor thread elsewhere feel free to merge as might chat more about good hiking trails / stories once kitted out. Cheers

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Hiking
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »
If there is another outdoor thread elsewhere feel free to merge as might chat more about good hiking trails / stories once kitted out. Cheers
Hey FM. Just merged these threads, hopefully it'll mean you'll get a better response. :wave
Looking to do a lot more hiking over the winter and wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on clothing? On Wiggle in their outdoor section and see various waterproof jackets ranging from Berghaus to North Face. Over the years I keep buying the cheaper options, 100 quid or less & for once I think its time to shell out on something that will last a few years. Any suggestions / links are welcome.
I went with Jack Wolfskin the last time I bought a new coat. It's absolutely brilliant, very reasonable, looks the part, keeps you warm, keeps you dry. Not sure what more you could ask for or need unless you were going to some very hairy places weather wise!

The Oaks has a shop with loads of reduced gear all year round :wave
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:46:33 pm by Frankenweenie »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »
Sportspursuit.com

Always have decent offers at 50%off

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:04 am »
Cheers lads as was looking for my topic and appreciate the merging into this one. I do a bit of caddying as well so see some weather that most would say feck that Im staying near the fire lol but the lighter jackets I have bought just fall apart due to the wear n tear. Wolfskin looks good and have looked on Sportspursuit. Will keep an eye on it to see if any deal grabs my eye and also looking on www.trekkinn.com.

Keep thinking of buying a 3 in 1 and like the look of North Face Evolution II Triclimate. Water proof and also ideal for chilly winter walks. Have a wee bucket list wish to walk the Annapurna trail before Im 50 n that jacket may suffice. May haa
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2017, 06:10:08 pm »
Sportspursuit.com

Always have decent offers at 50%off
Just tried to browse their site and it won't let me unless I become a member.
Is it the same for everyone?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2017, 06:34:27 pm »
Just got home after being in France and Catalunya for six weeks. I spent a big chunk of that time in and around the Pyrenees. Looks as though Iam going to have to settle for North Wales for a bit.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2017, 10:08:02 am »
Just tried to browse their site and it won't let me unless I become a member.
Is it the same for everyone?

You have to sign up but no biggie and worth the occasional spam email. Still trying to decide on a jacket as always looking for a deal. The cheapie in me always wins lol. Here is a few pics of a hike through the Samaria Gorge in Crete. Gorgeous hike although a bit rushed as had to make the final ferry out of the port. Should have stayed in wee village at the end of the hike as looked perfect for a few pints after a 5 hour hike.