Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3577713 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25520 on: January 3, 2024, 02:23:40 pm »
More 🤮

HORRIFIC.

Reminds me that I better get this years home asap.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25521 on: January 3, 2024, 02:37:39 pm »
the 84 rome jersey had normal pin stripes
40th anniversary  should have entailed common sense

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #25522 on: January 3, 2024, 02:50:07 pm »
Next season's mockups according to the rumours.

Reminds me of the kit we had when we nearly won the title under Brendan.
Suarez vibes!

So if we win it next year in that it will be cathartic.
And for that reason, i'm in!

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25523 on: January 3, 2024, 02:57:49 pm »
Away and third are nice. The home kit not so much.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25524 on: January 3, 2024, 02:59:59 pm »
I'm not having that badge with the terrible YNWA. Surely they won't be putting that out, the fucking state of it.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25525 on: January 3, 2024, 05:46:17 pm »
I'm not having that badge with the terrible YNWA. Surely they won't be putting that out, the fucking state of it.
We've had worse put out so expect the worst!

Anyone remember that white n black n red space invaders kit lol

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25526 on: January 3, 2024, 08:43:17 pm »

I don't mind that ...

It reminds me of Tron.
I quite like it.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25527 on: January 3, 2024, 10:12:25 pm »
It reminds me of Tron.
I quite like it.
Yeah, same here.
It's not traditional, per se.
But it's definitely a modern interpretation that may become iconic if we win things in it.
Like quite a few of our 'new' designs in the 80s... they were radical at the time but have now become classic.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25528 on: January 3, 2024, 11:27:33 pm »
Yeah, same here.
It's not traditional, per se.
But it's definitely a modern interpretation that may become iconic if we win things in it.
Like quite a few of our 'new' designs in the 80s... they were radical at the time but have now become classic.

Same feeling here. It will become a classic, if we lift the Big Ears in Munich next May in it ...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #25529 on: January 3, 2024, 11:37:50 pm »

As long as he’s in it, that’s all that matters.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25530 on: January 3, 2024, 11:39:02 pm »

Yeah the pinstripes were a bit controversial when it came out, but became a stone cold classic.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2024, 11:40:56 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25532 on: January 7, 2024, 06:14:48 am »
More 🤮

What the absolute fuck. That looks horrific.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25533 on: January 7, 2024, 09:46:53 am »

It is obviously a cheap replica. Probably not even 100% accurate ...

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #25534 on: January 7, 2024, 11:03:25 am »
I just had a memory of when I used to let this stuff bother me. Think I wrote pretty passionately about the space invaders kit defying the traditions we behold so blah blah blah. Thank god that guy moved on. And thank god kits only last a year.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25535 on: January 7, 2024, 01:15:17 pm »

Could so easily be a urnited shirt. Suppose it was too much to ask for a lovely simple kit 3 seasons on the bounce. Was well pleased when I heard we were reverting to the “gold “ crest. WTF!

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #25536 on: January 8, 2024, 12:46:59 am »
They can piss about with Chelsea and Spurs kits but not our home. This season alone has shown that all we require is something classy. The two previous home shirts were pathetic. It really isn't that hard.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25537 on: January 8, 2024, 01:11:02 am »

Collar looks like someone's bought themselves a miniature scarf from the gift shop and hung around their neck.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #25538 on: January 8, 2024, 01:22:39 am »
They can piss about with Chelsea and Spurs kits but not our home. This season alone has shown that all we require is something classy. The two previous home shirts were pathetic. It really isn't that hard.

Last years home kit was far from pathetic come on now.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25539 on: January 8, 2024, 10:29:59 am »
Clearly a tribute to this great kit, so I don't mind it ...

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #25540 on: January 8, 2024, 12:06:27 pm »
Love this thread, every year without fail "that's gonna be shit" then the pics come out of it actually worn on players etc "actually, I kinda like that"

What a delight - also, people always forget this, but, Nike and other suppliers don't make one kit and give it to Liverpool and say "there ya go" the process includes multiple designs and the club is the ultimate decision maker on which one gets picked
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 12:08:09 pm by PhilV »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25541 on: January 8, 2024, 12:14:29 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25542 on: January 8, 2024, 01:28:28 pm »
What's the underlying grey pattern on this shirt, or is it just random shapes?

It’s one of those magic eye things that if you squint enough shows Noz Hyde’s penis.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25543 on: January 8, 2024, 01:30:37 pm »
It’s one of those magic eye things that if you squint enough shows Noz Hyde’s penis.

Is it an accurate representation?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25544 on: January 8, 2024, 01:51:29 pm »

Still preferable to whatever it is they've stuck behind the home kit's badge ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25545 on: January 8, 2024, 02:09:49 pm »
Is it an accurate representation?

I’ve never been able to do those magic eye things so can’t confirm or deny.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25546 on: January 8, 2024, 02:11:49 pm »
What's the underlying grey pattern on this shirt, or is it just random shapes?

The Liver Bird, maybe?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25547 on: January 8, 2024, 04:41:59 pm »
I’ve never been able to do those magic eye things so can’t confirm or deny.

Fair enough ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25548 on: January 8, 2024, 04:58:12 pm »
Has anyone else had problems with the adhesiveness of the numbers on the new kit?  We got the green and white kit for our eldest for Christmas and it's already started to peel around the edges after one wash at 30C.  The shorts in-particular have some very thin adhesive strips to give a 3D effect and they're pretty much fully off now.

I've emailed the club but no response as yet.  I'm thinking of asking for a refund as it seems like a fault that is just going to recur anyway.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25549 on: January 9, 2024, 12:04:04 pm »
I love the creativity in this thread which is why I often drop in for a look. But honestly people, we don’t need a new strip every season. It’s exploitation. The working class are the foundation of this game and right now they/we/I cannot afford new shirts each year. The kids, mums, uncles and cousins could put the very significant amount of money to better use. A match day ticket for starters. Food, heating, school clothes too, if necessary.

This might sound a bit dour, a bit too communist for some of our global fanbase raised with, and dependent on, free market economics. But know this: right now in modern day Britain the use of food banks has never been higher, kids are going to school without shoes (schools are supplying shoes and extra food), and the gap between the haves and have nots is getting longer and further each year. Liverpool’s community knows this better than most places. Whilst the city’s ex idols are doing the “right thing for them” by taking Saudi salaries,  let’s also remember the peer pressure for LFC Christmas presents that parents feel right across Britain; other northern cities, deprived coastal margins, mining towns and valleys.

This means more.

I totally agree.. I asked some questions all about this at COP26 in Glasgow to Ledley King and followed up after he left the stage about we need to stop asking fans to buy 3 new kits every year..

Unfortunately our deal with Nike includes a lot of selling commission on based on shirt sales - so LFC feel compelled to join the whole marketing con by agreeing to market and sell 3 new shiets a season.

I have stopped buying club shirts for this reason alone!

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25550 on: January 9, 2024, 12:19:43 pm »
We don’t just sell 3 kits a season, we have about 3/4 different training ranges each season too.

Plus all the walk out jackets and ever changing leisure wear. Whatever you buy is out of date within 2 weeks.

I find it odd how the club try to champion themselves as being sustainable and green yet we’re promoting fast fashion and the throw away culture that comes with it.

They bring out so much stuff that it actually loses its appeal - I’m sure that must even be the case for the kids who are the main market for most of the merchandise, nevermind older heads who’ve seen it all too much already.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #25551 on: January 9, 2024, 02:01:35 pm »
It is what it is. The only thing you can do about it is not play the game and stop buying them. They do it because people lap it up. The same way people are happy to destroy local business, decent customer service and human interaction by using Amazon.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25552 on: January 9, 2024, 07:59:42 pm »
We don’t just sell 3 kits a season, we have about 3/4 different training ranges each season too.

Plus all the walk out jackets and ever changing leisure wear. Whatever you buy is out of date within 2 weeks.

I find it odd how the club try to champion themselves as being sustainable and green yet we’re promoting fast fashion and the throw away culture that comes with it.

They bring out so much stuff that it actually loses its appeal - I’m sure that must even be the case for the kids who are the main market for most of the merchandise, nevermind older heads who’ve seen it all too much already.

I remember the times when our fans were moaning because we were not taking advantage of the commercial opportunities. Now they are moaning because we have turned into commercial giants, earning more than Barcelona and Man Utd. FSG promised this when they took over, and they delivered ...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25553 on: January 9, 2024, 09:23:11 pm »
I'm guessing the stylised YNWA shield and lines-on-cloth thing is an attempt to add more intellectual property to the letters Y, N, W, and A, make it trademarkable/copyrightable.

It's not very good-looking, though.
smart shout

Online btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25554 on: January 9, 2024, 10:58:31 pm »

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #25555 on: January 9, 2024, 11:11:13 pm »

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25556 on: January 9, 2024, 11:46:13 pm »
No time for caution.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25557 on: January 10, 2024, 12:18:08 am »

The badge looks a little more subtle than the other pics I think.

It is still a cheap fake. The original will look much better, especially the players' version ...

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #25558 on: January 10, 2024, 02:19:40 am »
I like all 3 to be honest. This is much much better from Nike. Unique with a touch of inspiration from previous shirts. The yellow lines probably homage to 2019-20 title win but with a unique pattern instead of straight lines. The collar is very similar to 2013-14 albeit with some yellow instead of the cyan/green. I like it.
The best one so far from nike was the 2021-22 with the pink thunderbolt lines, but even this season is nice and tidy. They're doing so much better now. I prefer the shirts to have something visibly unique to them because it makes them more memorable.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25559 on: January 10, 2024, 07:03:10 am »
I absolutely hate the placement of the liverbird inside YNWA shield. I spent 20 years waiting for the bird to be uncaged, looking bad ass and now they do this. It looks tacky, like something you'd see in US college sports.