Author Topic: England Manager Sacked (England Ladies) & GENERAL SLATING OF THE FA  (Read 9478 times)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Didn't see a thread anywhere else.

Never ceases to amaze how the FA can manage to shoot themselves in the foot.

I listened to some FA guy describing why Sampson was sacked yesterday and it was just staggering.

Sampson was investigated over suggestions of rascism and acquitted twice. However during those investigations some mixed race players and ex players were not even interviewed.

The second accuser was paid off to the tune of 80K, even though Sampson was completely cleared and declared not racist by the FA. SO why the pay off ??, what would 80K do to grass roots football rather than be used to pay off someone whose comments were deemed not enough to be actioned upon.

Now he is fired because someone from the FA re-read an FA file prepared as a pre-employment screening from before he was even hired that has something in it (they dont say what) about something he did at a former employer (Bristol).

So he is fired (so they say) about something he did at least four years ago at Bristol and not about anything he has done done what at least on the football field has been four good years for England ladies football.

It is shocking that the FA control so much money in English football. They seem to be able to repeatedly demonstrate incompetence at senior levels repeatedly.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:10:59 am by McJacker »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: England Manager Sacked (England Ladies)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 03:11:43 pm »
Its an absolute mess aint it

Was in the car after the Leicester game on Tuesday and England had just won 6-0. The whole team had celebrated with the manager to show unity

next day...sacked.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:16:30 pm »
Someone decided to look at a report 2 years old and then sack him. Well done the FA , bunch of self regulating idiots.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:19:20 pm »
I know the goalkeeper coach, will try and find out something the next time I see him. Sadly, I suspect he will also have lost his job.

Think it's ridiculous that someone can be sacked for something that allegedly happened four years ago. Surely if he has done nothing wrong since being in the England job then sacking him now kind of ignores all the good he has done for the England Ladies.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 03:22:39 pm »
Are those that ignored the file and hired him anyway, losing their job too? Of course not.

Just read the FA covered up a flag at Prenton Park, containing the nickname 'Super White Army'. They're so fucking inept.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 03:40:09 pm by gerrardisgod »
AHA!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 03:36:33 pm »
It was something to do with inappropriate behaviour at the academy at Bristol?  He shouldn't have been given the job in the first place if so. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 03:46:37 pm »
The whole situation is absolutely extraordinary. Some sort of thinly veiled excuse to get rid of him because the Aluko affair is unresolvable by the looks of things, and this is the easiest method of making it go away.

Interesting to note that Sampson has not been sacked, he's actually had his contract bought out by the FA, so it would indicate that they've not actually got much grounds for the dismissal.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 03:53:03 pm »
I can't help but feel that of this is because some women can't deal with being shouted at.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 03:54:27 pm »
I can't help but feel that of this is because some women can't deal with being shouted at.

Based on?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »
The FA, UEFA and FIFA should be disbanded immediately and new organisations set up with zero ties or overlap with previous representatives or employees.

All three are a fucking joke and an embarrassment to the sport.

They may or may not all be corrupt to their very core.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 03:56:42 pm »
Ha ha you're either very fucking brave or very fucking stupid ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 03:57:29 pm »
Seeing as the previous allegations were described as inappropriate relationships with players (and dan Taylor’s article in the guardian makes the comment of club trips being like stag and hen dos combinig) it’s pretty obvious that nothing illegal happened earlier but stuff that would put the boss in a bit of bother in most workplaces.

Didn’t arse them back then but seeing as they fucked up the aluko thing it gives them a nice ‘out’

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 04:15:33 pm »
Just reading that Dan Taylor article from the Guardian and Sampson comes across as an almighty bellend.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 04:16:28 pm »
Just reading that Dan Taylor article from the Guardian and Sampson comes across as an almighty bellend.

He looks a wrong'un. And for that reason I'd say he dereves it.

I'm available for all good juries.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »
Really they should have job-swapped Big Sam and him. Sampson would be as non-descript as Gareth Southgate as men's manager (and I still can't believe Southgate is actually the England manager). 

But can you imagine the high jinks and japes with Big Sam in the job that should be his destiny?

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 04:56:16 pm »
Really they should have job-swapped Big Sam and him. Sampson would be as non-descript as Gareth Southgate as men's manager (and I still can't believe Southgate is actually the England manager). 

But can you imagine the high jinks and japes with Big Sam in the job that should be his destiny?

Aye, he'd be eating Matchmakers out of arses, like he did with Hazel Irvine after a particularly heavy session with John Parrot et al

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 05:07:49 pm »
Watch the Interview he did that was shown on SkySports News a few days ago, I'm no body Languague expert but he looked guilty as fuck.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:12:07 pm by SandyShore »

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 05:17:16 pm »
It was something to do with inappropriate behaviour at the academy at Bristol?  He shouldn't have been given the job in the first place if so.
It wasn’t the academy at Bristol. The club is (or at least was at the time) named Bristol Academy. He coached in their youth set up prior to being appointed first team manager but the antics he got up to concerned the first team. Though given the way the women’s game works, a first team can very easily have numerous players in their teens still. You are half right however that had the FA properly done their due diligence on him they would never have hired him. And they would have absolutely been correct not to. He ran that Bristol team in the most ethically reprehensible way. And he continued to abuse his power while with England.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 05:24:26 pm »
Never liked him, always thought he looked a bellend.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »
::) ::)

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 05:52:27 pm »
From a football point of view, I hope this doesn't lead to Aluko getting back into the side. Much better without her, she only has pace and that's it.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »
I would really like someone to clarify what exactly is meant to happen. The unclear accusations can lead to suspicion and innuendo. He's done something bad enough to be investigated by the safeguarding team but not illegal and he is still clear to work in football?

All we have is from Martin Glenn: “The incidents being investigated were – I’m not going to give any more detail than this – inappropriate behaviour and a crossing of the boundary between coach and players. There is no evidence that has come to our eyes about anything illegal and we don’t want idiots going round his house with torches. But he had clearly stepped over the line and admitted as much.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »

But if he was given the job and then nothing of what happened in his old job re-appeared in his new job, then is that seriously grounds to sack someone. Not repeating old behavior would suggest he has changed his character a bit.

No one has touched the third rail of alleged racism so far. I have heard interviews with the accusers and they are very angry with Sampson. But when from teh second accuser from her own mouth what she allegedly said, it came across as pure thoughtless and not so much as racist. I find it hard to imagine though when your in a team environment and you spend hours and hours together on long tournaments and international away games then it will pretty hard to not say something to piss off just about everyone on the team.

Its also clear that there is a large portion of the team clearly supporting him. At least in gesture if not verbally.

He may be a bit of a bell end but he seems to be effective at what he does. I just hate how the FA handle themselves and they have fucked up everything they have touched in this case, the hiring, the two investogations and the final resolution.

This one will roll and roll as there is some House of Commons panel next month.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 07:15:39 pm »
It wasn’t the academy at Bristol. The club is (or at least was at the time) named Bristol Academy. He coached in their youth set up prior to being appointed first team manager but the antics he got up to concerned the first team. Though given the way the women’s game works, a first team can very easily have numerous players in their teens still. You are half right however that had the FA properly done their due diligence on him they would never have hired him. And they would have absolutely been correct not to. He ran that Bristol team in the most ethically reprehensible way. And he continued to abuse his power while with England.

What do you mean?

I was friends with one of the Bristol players when he was there?

I know women's football is very clicky.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 07:19:57 pm »

Pretty sure that some men can't deal with it, either, seeing as it's got nothing to do with whats in their pants.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 08:28:47 pm »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 09:28:26 pm »
I would really like someone to clarify what exactly is meant to happen. The unclear accusations can lead to suspicion and innuendo. He's done something bad enough to be investigated by the safeguarding team but not illegal and he is still clear to work in football?

All we have is from Martin Glenn: “The incidents being investigated were – I’m not going to give any more detail than this – inappropriate behaviour and a crossing of the boundary between coach and players. There is no evidence that has come to our eyes about anything illegal and we don’t want idiots going round his house with torches. But he had clearly stepped over the line and admitted as much.

The fact that the fa are sacking him and not revealing the details is a little bit murky.  It's like the're trying to cover themselves.
dios esta buena

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 09:50:56 pm »

I've always thought the same. He looks like a smarmy, oily little, self-righteous little man. He belongs firmly in the 'People you take an irrational dislike to' thread. From watching the national team in major tournaments he always seemed to pat himself on the back for a great performance, it was HIS changes, HIS tactical nous, HE made the team win. That's how he came across, anyway.

However, cases like this aren't judged on character. The whole thing reeks of paranoia and incompetence. They seemed to have sacked Sampson based on something that happened at a previous job, despite having been warned of those safeguarding issues initially? I'm not sure of the legality of that, others will know more, but the fact that his contract has been paid in full tells me they know they don't have much grounds to sack him and are just making it up as they go along and are hoping it all goes away. They don't seem to have any self-awareness, a bit like their previous employee Mr Hodgson, because every move they are making is doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire.

The Eni Aluko accusations again don't sit right with me. They don't sit right with me because of how they have been handled and reported, not necessarily because of the accusations themselves. Personally, I don't think an England international who is also a lawyer would make up accusations of racism and discrimination for the fun of it, and the fact that more than one witness has came forward makes me think that there is definitely something to it. The initial investigation by the FA was not worth the paper it was written on; they failed to interview a player who was a witness to the comments. They concluded their investigation for a case that involved racism and discrimination and failed to have even a brief chat with someone who said they heard it. You would laugh if it wasn't so serious.

Eluko was paid 80 grand before the World Cup (or Euros? Not sure) as they didn't want it to come out before then and disrupt the team. The FA denied that it was hush money. You can draw your own conclusions. The whole think stinks from top to bottom, that I do know.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »
The way it's been explained is that there were allegations made about when he was in his previous job, a 'safeguarding' investigation was carried out and he was found to be not a 'safeguarding risk', but at the time the head of the FA didn't look into the details of the allegations, it was enough that he wasn't deemed a risk. Apparently the details were confidential so they'd have had to make a special request to see them. Then apparently someone (they won't say who) suggested recently that they should look into the details and when they did they found the things he'd done were 'inappropriate' and they could no longer employ him given that people in those jobs have to be without any kind of scandal. So what he did was inappropriate, but he wasn't 'a risk'.

Don't know what he's actually done but he did always come across like a bit of a tosser, arrogant without any reason to be.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 10:19:13 pm »
Heads need to roll at the FA. An absolute cluster fuck.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 10:12:46 am »
Heads need to roll at the FA. An absolute cluster fuck.

Haven't you heard? The FA haven't done anything wrong, and there absolutely have not been systematic failings within the FA that led to the hiring, investigation into or firing of Sampson.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 10:33:15 am »
Sampson to me sounds like someone who only got into women's football to either belittle certain women or to get his leg over.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 10:44:12 am »
Sampson to me sounds like someone who only got into women's football to either belittle certain women or to get his leg over.
im sure this shit will be spread through the media soon to get the FA out of the situation and make then look alright.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 10:49:57 am »

Exactly. How did they have this information, but still employ him?

Sounds like they rooted around for something to beat him with and used it.

For what reason? I don't know. Maybe there was something bigger brewing.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 12:52:35 pm »
Hope that Aluka woman has trouble sleeping. Although I somehow doubt it as she has got what she wanted now

The whole team of WOMEN celebrated with Sampson on the side lines on Tuesday. Does that strike you as a bloke who is sexist, a bully, whatever?

Aluka immediately released tweets after the game where all her ex team-mates celebrated wildly with the man she accused. Moaning that she was disappointed and how can the team sleep at night etc

She's the female equivalent of Jason Roberts and expect her to carve out a nice little profitable media career out of this at someone else expense.

There isn't much love for England and International footy on here but the yet again our shite FA get rid of someone doing a good job.  Fucking Roy Owl face Hodge Podge will be there next when Steve Parish realises what an almighty fuck up he has made employing him.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 01:00:27 pm »
Appalling.

That's the kind of approach that should be reserved for fans of women's football.  >:(
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 02:25:03 pm »
Is there anything wrong with sleeping with one of your players? I ask because I know a man who married one of his players in the ladies gaa scene.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 02:45:39 pm »
This whole seems like a big farse if I am honest.

He was fired for something he did 4 years ago at Bristol, what has that got to do with the squeaky clean job he's done with England? Nothing, if I was fired for something I did while at a previous employment whilst I had been serving my current employer meticulously I'd be taking them to court for unlawful dismissal or whatever the term is.

Then the players are already out saying they want a woman in blah blah... how about you give it to the most qualified person, woman or man? Sounds like a bit of a circus, which is typical fo the FA really.

Embarrassment the FA, you can hire someone having seen this history he had then 4 years later fire him for it, incompentent organisation, from top to bottom.

What cause he LOOKS like he could be sleazy? Ridiculous slander and the media will; probs jump onboard this train of thought... as someone else said, whole England team celebrated with him the other day, hardly the behaviour of a team being managed by a sexist pig who only wants to manhandle them as some in here are implying.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:11:53 pm by PhilV »

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 03:05:25 pm »
Hope that Aluka woman has trouble sleeping. Although I somehow doubt it as she has got what she wanted now

The whole team of WOMEN celebrated with Sampson on the side lines on Tuesday. Does that strike you as a bloke who is sexist, a bully, whatever?

Aluka immediately released tweets after the game where all her ex team-mates celebrated wildly with the man she accused. Moaning that she was disappointed and how can the team sleep at night etc

She's the female equivalent of Jason Roberts and expect her to carve out a nice little profitable media career out of this at someone else expense.

There isn't much love for England and International footy on here but the yet again our shite FA get rid of someone doing a good job.  Fucking Roy Owl face Hodge Podge will be there next when Steve Parish realises what an almighty fuck up he has made employing him.
I take it you’ve never experienced life as a woman working under a man who is known for abusing the power dynamic of that relationship while he also has total control of your career and financial security as well. Not to mention the additional factor of it all happening under the micromanagement of the ‘do whatever we say’ and ‘there is nothing untoward here’ FA. If you had then you too would have ran over to the bench to participate in that celebration as well. The FA decided that Sampson was fine and staying and players not only had to accept that but also promote it, otherwise they would have found themselves in Aluko’s position. That is how the women’s team works. That is how it has always worked.

Sampson’s lack of professional ethics and general arsehole ways plus the FA’s insistence that anything which makes them look bad must become a never acknowledge skeleton in a closest while making complete submission one of the criteria for a central contract was a match made in heaven. Or hell. Depending on whether you’re looking at it from Sampson’s perspective or that of the women who were working under those conditions.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 03:10:22 pm »
All seems a bit mental this. Especially considering no-one really knows what went on at Bristol other than to obviously have some sort of inappropriate relationship with a player inferred and implied by terms such as safeguarding which I hadn't really encountered before being honest. Presumably more information isn't released in order to protect whoever it was that this all happened with at Bristol?

The racism stuff isn't exactly cut and dry either although based on what he said regarding Ebola it sounds at the very minimum inappropriate and absolutely idiotic.

And also a total fuck up from the FA, who knew?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.