Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1926016 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #10240 on: October 19, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »
Just to pour a bit of water over the excitement - even if Newcastle do end up with a substantial transfer budget (it won't be 300m), how many players would want to go there?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10241 on: October 19, 2017, 04:40:08 pm »
Just to pour a bit of water over the excitement - even if Newcastle do end up with a substantial transfer budget (it won't be 300m), how many players would want to go there?
money talks
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10242 on: October 19, 2017, 04:40:59 pm »

How many players wanted to go to Man City at the start?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10243 on: October 19, 2017, 04:52:57 pm »
How many players wanted to go to Man City at the start?

Robinho (assuming he knew which Manchester club he signed for) which was a big deal.

We're bigger than Newcastle by orders of magnitude and we don't always get every player we agree a fee for, why would those same players go to Newcastle?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10244 on: October 19, 2017, 04:58:08 pm »
Robinho (assuming he knew which Manchester club he signed for) which was a big deal.

We're bigger than Newcastle by orders of magnitude and we don't always get every player we agree a fee for, why would those same players go to Newcastle?

Money mainly, I assume if they do become a play thing for some Sheik they'll pump a fuck ton of money into them the first season.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10245 on: October 19, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »
Money mainly, I assume if they do become a play thing for some Sheik they'll pump a fuck ton of money into them the first season.

You think they'll offer better wages than us or Arsenal?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10246 on: October 19, 2017, 05:39:40 pm »
You think they'll offer better wages than us or Arsenal?

Absolutely, they’ll have to

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10247 on: October 19, 2017, 05:41:25 pm »
Meh, cant even do a Man City anymore really with the wage rules etc. Still, I'm sure they'd be happy just to be well run and have a decent budget!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10248 on: October 19, 2017, 05:42:51 pm »
Amanda Staveley, one of the City's leading dealmakers, has mounted a £300million bid to buy Newcastle United that would see her become the new face of the club.

Staveley's investment fund PCP Capital Partners, which is backed by £28billion from the Middle East and China, is understood to be in talks with owner Mike Ashley.

A deal may be done by Christmas and Staveley could pump as much as £300m into manager Rafa Benitez's transfer funds.

<snip>

So Rafa to Everton, the millionaire club, ain't happening then?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10249 on: October 19, 2017, 05:48:28 pm »
Meh, cant even do a Man City anymore really with the wage rules etc. Still, I'm sure they'd be happy just to be well run and have a decent budget!

Yeah I'd assume that's most likely. Maybe one big window.

So Rafa to Everton, the millionaire club, ain't happening then?

It's spelled with a B, pal.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10250 on: October 19, 2017, 06:30:51 pm »

Beverton? Brafa?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10251 on: October 19, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »
I'd love to see strong and well run Newcastle work it's way up the Premier League table. Ashley is a bloody tumor that needs removing.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10252 on: October 19, 2017, 07:02:30 pm »
I'd love to see strong and well run Newcastle work it's way up the Premier League table. Ashley is a bloody tumor that needs removing.

So would I.  I would love to see Rafa backed enough financially so that he could bring in the players at the top of his shopping list rather than those further down it.  Get a good keeper, left back and goal scorer and we'd be a different team altogether.  If we are to be sold then I hope it brings in an owner who wants to build something rather than buy it.  I wouldn't want us to become the next Man City, I just want us to be the best that we possibly can be.  We could extend the ground and facilities and stand on our own two feet and have the club self-sufficient.  I don't want my club being followed by plastic fans who only turn up because they want trophies, we've never won anything for almost 50 years so we couldn't be called glory supporters and I'm glad.  We're a working class club like your own and I don't want to lose that.  We could probably add 10,000 to our crowd just by ditching Ashley, plenty of fans would want to come back who don't expect us to win anything even though they'd love us to do so, they wouldn't be coming back for that reason alone.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10253 on: October 19, 2017, 07:23:48 pm »
Probably just copy the manager and not live there and just travel for training/matches.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10254 on: October 19, 2017, 07:25:49 pm »
We could extend the ground and facilities and stand on our own two feet and have the club self-sufficient.
Is there any space at all to extend? If they were looking to maximise stadium revenue It would be by trying to add more corporate facilities as well not just seats you'd imagine.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10255 on: October 19, 2017, 07:25:53 pm »

Sorry, millionaire is so sixties, just like our neighbours.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10256 on: October 19, 2017, 08:03:58 pm »
Is there any space at all to extend? If they were looking to maximise stadium revenue It would be by trying to add more corporate facilities as well not just seats you'd imagine.

We can extend the Gallowgate without any fuss, the east stand would be less easy as it has virtually nowhere to go behind it so could only go up which might mean pulling the current stand down to strengthen the foundations at a guess.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10257 on: October 20, 2017, 02:54:30 pm »
It's not like they need 100 million net in one window with a good new owner. A solid, modern ballplaying goalie would lift the team up in a lot of ways, and keepers don't cost a fortune (unless you're City). An actual left footed footballer at left back would be a first in his time there. Left backs don't cost the world either (again, unless you're City!).

The big money's on the number 10 and striker, with outgoings like Mitrovic, Gayle,  Darlow capable of bringing in a decent wedge. They can give this team more composure from the back and teeth at the front for a total of 40 - 50 mil net imo  They can even do it all under Ashley in a window or two.... if he just stays out of the way. Such is the money in the league these days.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10258 on: October 20, 2017, 03:00:26 pm »
It's not like they need 100 million net in one window with a good new owner. A solid, modern ballplaying goalie would lift the team up in a lot of ways, and keepers don't cost a fortune (unless you're City). An actual left footed footballer at left back would be a first in his time there. Left backs don't cost the world either (again, unless you're City!).

The big money's on the number 10 and striker, with outgoings like Mitrovic, Gayle,  Darlow capable of bringing in a decent wedge. They can give this team more composure from the back and teeth at the front for a total of 40 - 50 mil net imo  They can even do it all under Ashley in a window or two.... if he just stays out of the way. Such is the money in the league these days.

They do when teams know you've got money to spend!

If it happens, I'm sure he'll end up scouring Spain for a load of relatively cheap buyout clauses.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10259 on: October 20, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »
They do when teams know you've got money to spend!

If it happens, I'm sure he'll end up scouring Spain for a load of relatively cheap buyout clauses.

All he has to do is find 3 equivalents to Mikel Merino and we're laughing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10260 on: October 20, 2017, 03:16:53 pm »
All he has to do is find 3 equivalents to Mikel Merino and we're laughing.

;D

Fair warning, you might end up with a few Kromkamps and Josemis on the way
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10261 on: October 20, 2017, 03:32:14 pm »
;D

Fair warning, you might end up with a few Kromkamps and Josemis on the way

I expect it, no manager will get it right all of the time.  The thing is, I trust Rafa in everything he does and he hasn't let me down before, at least not while he's been at the club.  I still love the bloke to bits and I can't wait to see where he could take us with the right backing.  Rafa is possibly the best thing to happen at my club and he's massively appreciated by almost everybody, I doubt any manager could get a 100% satisfaction rating from the fans but Rafa would get very close to that.  He just seems to get better and better.  Even now when we're up for sale it would be easy for him to talk about what might happen but no, the only thing he wants to talk about is the game tomorrow and the possibility of getting 3 points.

He's absolutely brilliant in every way, I'm sure he has a negative side but I'm yet to see one.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10262 on: October 20, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »
The negative side will come once you finish 3rd / 2nd a few times, win the champions league, FA cup etc and you start clashing with fellow fans over them wanting Rafa to let the team 'off the leash' to win the title. Other than that, he's sound ;)

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10263 on: October 20, 2017, 04:07:11 pm »
The negative side will come once you finish 3rd / 2nd a few times, win the champions league, FA cup etc and you start clashing with fellow fans over them wanting Rafa to let the team 'off the leash' to win the title. Other than that, he's sound ;)

:)

That's negative?  Bring it on.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #10264 on: October 20, 2017, 04:32:06 pm »
:)

That's negative?  Bring it on.
Shoot them lad, early...

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #10265 on: October 20, 2017, 09:49:58 pm »

:wave   Collin Murray:

NINE months after the day Mike Ashley finally sells Newcastle United, the National Guard and the British Red Cross will have to be deployed on Tyneside to handle the explosion of child births.

What a party that will be. The clouds will part, the sun will shine, rivers of brown ale will flow.
Grown men will weep, children of the Toon under the age of ten will smile for the very first time. I, for one, will be sad to see Mike Ashley leave Newcastle United… is a sentence muttered only by Sunderland fans.

This week, the ‘tracksuit billionaire’ not only reiterated the club is for sale but set out a clear path to the exit door. Potential suitors have been named, and the frontrunner appears to be PCP Capital Partners, a Middle East company spearheaded by Amanda Staveley, prompting one fan on Twitter to immediately pen the classic, ‘Oh Mandy, you came and you ***ked off Mike Ashley!’ I believe this needs developing by the Gallowgate End should she succeed.

There’s an inevitable gap between seller and buyer valuations, plus don’t forget the outstanding HMRC investigation into the tax affairs of the club, but fans are excited because Mike Ashley actively wants out, and by Christmas if he can.

Most recent reports claim PCP – and four other more mysterious parties – have signed a non-disclosure agreement, which means they can look at private things as long as they keep schtum. It’s a bit like the form I’d make you sign if I was to let you look behind the huge pile of old jumpers in my bedroom cupboard. For the Toon Army, desperate for new leadership, the signs are good.

But when a relationship edges closer to the rocks, one can’t help but look back, and it’s fair to say there was a brief honeymoon period. When I say brief, I mean Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries brief.

In the early days, saviour Ashley (below) even travelled on the odd supporters’ bus, fans happily accepting his offer of a pint or six on away days, but that hit the skids after his public break-up with club icon Kevin Keegan.

If you were being kind, you would say he under-achieved. If you were being brutal, you would say he cheapened the club with low-rent sponsors and distasteful stadium name changes, punctuated by all-too-regular farce at managerial and boardroom level.

Personally, I feel Newcastle United under Ashley have remained a sleeping giant, and when there have been signs of stirring, it always felt like it was Ashley and his closest allies who, inadvertently or not, slipped this great club a couple of Xanax.

Take this summer for example. Back in the Premier League, an influx of TV money, a world-class manager in charge, and their net spend in the transfer window was less than Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Huddersfield. This was not a one-off. When they finished fifth in the top flight in 2012, this was backed up by just one ‘major’ summer signing, namely Vurnon Anita.

In his ten years at the helm of Newcastle United, Ashley has baffled as much as he has angered.

With new proprietors comes risk but, while Mike remains, it is hard to see how Rafa can ‘make Newcastle great again’, so please don’t fall for the ‘better the devil you know’ baloney.

There have been worse owners in the modern football era but you only need to observe the outpouring on social media – from Newcastle fans and ex-players in particular – to see that the end can’t come quick enough.

Me? I’m off to invest in black-and-white baby grows.

https://www.metro.news/colin-murray-ashleys-departure-from-newcastle-means-nappy-days-are-here-again/789114/

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #10266 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:44 am »
Great article by Colin Murray and he’s always been good to is!

I love this man!

“It’s one of the top sides in England if you put everything together.

“The question is, is it reaching its level? Obviously, no. Can we do it? I think so.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-boss-rafa-benitez-talks-11378752#ICID=ios_mirrorfootball_AppShare_Click_Other

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #10267 on: October 21, 2017, 11:19:46 am »
This is the first time in my life time I believe that someone can buy a top division club and see a profit on their purchase. That annual return from the tv companies is a great start on your initial investment lump, before the combined other sales and sponsorship. Staged payments make it seem like a gift. Eight years could see all your money back, and all the value sitting there in the club. What Newcastle massively has in its favour is being a one club city where football is the main sport. Leeds obviously being its evil twin. They also look to be returning to the top table next season.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10268 on: October 21, 2017, 04:59:00 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10269 on: October 21, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
Utopia

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #10270 on: October 21, 2017, 05:14:11 pm »
Quite funny that the Dreaded Hodge was undone by a set piece goal in the last minute when that's all his teams ever bloody try and do.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #10271 on: October 21, 2017, 05:19:57 pm »
Delighted for Rafa. Started really well and they haven't got a proper Rafa striker either. Could they hang on in there and perhaps sneak a Europa place?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10272 on: October 21, 2017, 05:21:02 pm »
Delighted for Rafa. Started really well and they haven't got a proper Rafa striker either. Could they hang on in there and perhaps sneak a Europa place?

I don't think a Europa League place is possible, unless they manage it through the FA Cup. They should be comfortable in midtable though.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10273 on: October 21, 2017, 05:21:22 pm »
Might be a little early for that, and perhaps they can have a look at their targets in the league later. For now they should be pleased they are accumulating points and are nicely above the required number to stay up so are building a buffer.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10274 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:06 pm »
For those who have been following closely, how is our good old friend Manquillo doing for them?

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10275 on: October 21, 2017, 07:13:23 pm »

Unlikely unless the club is sold and we bring 3 quality players in.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10276 on: October 21, 2017, 07:15:52 pm »
For those who have been following closely, how is our good old friend Manquillo doing for them?

It's too early to say, at the minute I'd say he can defend but offers little going forward.  He's better than expected but seems to be one paced.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10277 on: October 21, 2017, 07:18:50 pm »
Moved above us, so can't be at all happy with the result, even if it is Rafa.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10278 on: October 21, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
Nah, I am happy for him. We know they won't be around us at the end of the season so i don't mind him picking points and doing well. They struggle to score but really good at team defense, i think they will end around 8th-10th.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10279 on: October 21, 2017, 07:22:03 pm »
Hodgson lost.

We have our chance tomorrow.