Author Topic: Ewe Effing Ohhhs!  (Read 8067 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ewe Effing Ohhhs!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2020, 11:07:41 am »
I thought this thread could've been an interesting read. Instead it's yet another where Andy talks absolute nonsense.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2020, 11:09:09 am »

Is the best submarine captain, the bestest one in the world, an authority on everything that is in the sea?

If you mean Troy Tempest, he was able to get off with Marina.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2020, 11:09:21 am »
Once again, what makes a pilot, even the best pilot in the world, qualified to comment on something in the sky which may not be a plane?

Is the best submarine captain, the bestest one in the world, an authority on everything that is in the sea?

I'm struggling to understand you.

In your opinion who is more qualified to file reports on things occurring in the skies than people flying in it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2020, 11:10:35 am »
I thought this thread could've been an interesting read. Instead it's yet another where Andy talks absolute nonsense.

So you're saying that there aren't thousands of reports from pilots that have reported UFOs.

If you are saying that then you are wrong.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2020, 11:16:47 am »
There are plans to digitise 30,000 documents from Candad via Crowdfunding;

https://www.livescience.com/canadian-ufo-collection-falcon-lake-incident.html

UK. UFO Reports on a Government website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ufo-reports-in-the-uk

UK Reports (Wiki) From the UK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_sightings_in_the_United_Kingdom

An article on the UK UFO Files :

https://www.livescience.com/uk-ufo-reports-soon-released.html

I'm not convinced about 'aliens' but I am wondering why people in good jobs would wreck their own careers and lives if they are making stuff up.

As I'm into theoritical physics, there are several theories about 'different earths' and given the vast gulfs in space, it seems unlikely that if there were 'aliens' then the distances are just too ridiculous.

A paralell Earth view seems more likely (But not very likely)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2020, 11:17:11 am »

Neither scientific or referenced. All the best threads start at 2am on a Friday night.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2020, 11:17:19 am »
So you're saying that there aren't thousands of reports from pilots that have reported UFOs.

If you are saying that then you are wrong.

Have you been to bed or have you just continued drinking through? How have you taken that from my post?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2020, 11:20:40 am »
Have you any proof of that?

There are thousands of reports from pilots, Naval Captains, Astronauts and various other people.

Have you proof they are all bogus?

I've followed a few and those were not disproved. What do you mean by scientific by the way?

How would you prove observation and photographic evidence other than by observation and photographic evidence?

The standard of proof is on people who claim they are alien spacecraft. There is no credible evidence that supports that claim.

The pilots thing is a red herring. Pilots are trained to fly planes and military pilots are also trained to shoot or bomb things. They are no better eyewitnesses than anyone else.

Another telling thing is that with 3 billion smartphones in the world with increasingly better cameras, there are no decent photos.

And most of the stuff that was put about in the fifties and sixties is clearly influenced by the technology of the time and popular ideas about the future. Whereas twenty-first century humans are using MRI scanners and mapping genomes and gene splicing, the ‘technically-advanced’ aliens of the mid-twentieth century we’re sticking physical probes up hillbillies arses and carrying out physical autopsies.

Any rational view of the likelihood of an alien civilisation being able to travel light years on the off-chance of catching humanity in a narrow evolutionary window and just fucking around in the atmosphere a few times then disappearing again shows it up as ridiculous bollocks.

As for alien civilisations - I don’t even know where to start. The most obvious example cited, the pyramids, are the most primitive way to build a tall building.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2020, 11:46:48 am »
As for alien civilisations - I don’t even know where to start. The most obvious example cited, the pyramids, are the most primitive way to build a tall building.

Chris Jericho's podcast, apparently.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2020, 11:51:53 am »
The standard of proof is on people who claim they are alien spacecraft. There is no credible evidence that supports that claim.

The pilots thing is a red herring. Pilots are trained to fly planes and military pilots are also trained to shoot or bomb things. They are no better eyewitnesses than anyone else.

Another telling thing is that with 3 billion smartphones in the world with increasingly better cameras, there are no decent photos.

And most of the stuff that was put about in the fifties and sixties is clearly influenced by the technology of the time and popular ideas about the future. Whereas twenty-first century humans are using MRI scanners and mapping genomes and gene splicing, the ‘technically-advanced’ aliens of the mid-twentieth century we’re sticking physical probes up hillbillies arses and carrying out physical autopsies.

Any rational view of the likelihood of an alien civilisation being able to travel light years on the off-chance of catching humanity in a narrow evolutionary window and just fucking around in the atmosphere a few times then disappearing again shows it up as ridiculous bollocks.

From the reports I've read, the pilots don't claim anything.

They just report what they have seen - sometimes with video evidence.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2020, 11:53:33 am »
Have to admit, one of the great pleasures of RAWK is seeing a conspiracy theory/alien/supernatural thread pop up and then the build to Alan_X turning up and brutalizing whoever is talking shite ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2020, 11:56:43 am »
Chris Jericho's podcast, apparently.

Seems to me that there are too many distances to think that mankind would meet an alien species from a distant star system.

Firstly - you have the ridiculous distances.

Then you have the potential ridiculous gulf in time itself.

Allied with the where once you add the when into the mix, then it seems unlikely that mankind would ever have the chance to meet anything.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2020, 11:57:42 am »
Funny how with every single person on earth (give or take) essentially having a camera on them at all times, that there hasn’t been a single clear shot of an alien aircraft.

Not one.

Incredible eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2020, 11:58:48 am »
Have to admit, one of the great pleasures of RAWK is seeing a conspiracy theory/alien/supernatural thread pop up and then the build to Alan_X turning up and brutalizing whoever is talking shite ;D

What am I talking shite about exactly?

I looked into alien stuff years ago in the 80s and it seemed unlikely to me.

I watched a documentary last night which raised some interesting questions.

You have several high-up members of governments talking about cover-ups that have been ridiculed and ruined by their statements. Why would they do it?

Happy to take any and all answers on this.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2020, 11:58:54 am »

I certainly knew this would be one to watch when I noticed it this morning.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2020, 12:02:15 pm »
Funny how with every single person on earth (give or take) essentially having a camera on them at all times, that there hasn’t been a single clear shot of an alien aircraft.

Not one.

Incredible eh?

Yeah seen this before.

I'm a keen amateur astronomer and quite often go outside to marvel at the wonders of the skies.

Here is a challenge for you. Spot a plane flying overhead (I live near an airport, so see quite a few relatively low flying planes) and take a photo of it.

With the naked eye, the plane is easily observable. I'll let you have a crack at it and then post your results on here. You should have a few planes going over that you can at least see the lights of. Take a photo of a couple - or better - a video. See how you get on

I've tried to take shots of the stars/planets and the results are largely laughable. Even the moon which is fucking huge in comparison is very hard to get a decent shot of - even with a telescope

Taking photos/videos of objects in the sky - even with modern tech isn't an easy thing. People that have tried know this, but should be an interesting experiment for you to try yourself with your modern phone. I look forward to the results.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2020, 12:12:03 pm »

The X stands for FoX Mulder.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2020, 12:37:48 pm »
Yeah seen this before.

I'm a keen amateur astronomer and quite often go outside to marvel at the wonders of the skies.

Here is a challenge for you. Spot a plane flying overhead (I live near an airport, so see quite a few relatively low flying planes) and take a photo of it.

With the naked eye, the plane is easily observable. I'll let you have a crack at it and then post your results on here. You should have a few planes going over that you can at least see the lights of. Take a photo of a couple - or better - a video. See how you get on

I've tried to take shots of the stars/planets and the results are largely laughable. Even the moon which is fucking huge in comparison is very hard to get a decent shot of - even with a telescope

Taking photos/videos of objects in the sky - even with modern tech isn't an easy thing. People that have tried know this, but should be an interesting experiment for you to try yourself with your modern phone. I look forward to the results.
Just  did one on my iPad.

Easily identifiable.  Could tell the carrier and that it was an airbus.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2020, 12:45:40 pm »

Great. Post the results on here. Then take one at night and do the same tonight.

I just took a photo of an easily observable high-flying plane which was visible to the naked eye. I'll get the photo on here in a bit.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2020, 12:45:49 pm »

But what if all tablet/phone camera apps are made by the RAND corporation and set to deliberately obfuscate any pictures of real UFOs by making them show up on screens as Airbuses? I'm sure I read a facebook comment along those lines, and whilst I'm not saying I believe it, it certainly raised interesting questions.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2020, 12:48:42 pm »
The reverse vampire thread is that way mate >>>>
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2020, 12:50:25 pm »
Admittedly this was too high for me to see what plane it was or the company, but with the naked eye I could clearly see the plane shape, wings and tail

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2020, 01:02:44 pm »
We only have your word that it’s a plane though, it could be anything. A bird. A plane......

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2020, 01:04:48 pm »
This was a very low-flying prop plane which flew right over my garden.

This was very clear and looked very big to the naked eye.

In comparison, the photo - while identifiable was nowhere near as easy to see as with the naked eye.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:08:03 pm by Andy ⁎ Allerton »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2020, 01:05:07 pm »
Low plane

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2020, 01:07:36 pm »
We only have your word that it’s a plane though, it could be anything. A bird. A plane......

:D

My point is that the average phone that people have - although brilliant for most stuff aren't as good at distant objects as you may think.

The majority of UFO shots are at night (Yeah, seems odd to me that as well) and largely look like a bunch of lights (If you're lucky)

I'll have a crack of taking a photo of a plane tonight and see how identifiable it looks through the phone camera - not very would be my guess although I've never tried it

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2020, 01:07:46 pm »
Admittedly this was too high for me to see what plane it was or the company, but with the naked eye I could clearly see the plane shape, wings and tail

To be fair, I clearly live much much closer to the airport than you!

I reckon I could identify the pilot on a good day ;D
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2020, 01:09:06 pm »
To be fair, I clearly live much much closer to the airport than you!

I reckon I could identify the pilot on a good day ;D

I just went outside and took a photo of the first plane I could see. We used to get loads of planes quite low, but this has drastically reduced with the lockdown.

Are you going to post your photo? Also, are you going to post one tonight of a plane at night?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2020, 01:27:11 pm »

My point is that the average phone that people have - although brilliant for most stuff aren't as good at distant objects as you may think.

The majority of UFO shots are at night (Yeah, seems odd to me that as well) and largely look like a bunch of lights (If you're lucky)

I'll have a crack of taking a photo of a plane tonight and see how identifiable it looks through the phone camera - not very would be my guess although I've never tried it

I’m not sure why you’re getting so bogged down in ‘everyone has a camera phone’. Everyone has a camera phone....in addition to all the high tech cameras, radars, video cameras, long distance scopes, motion sensors, heat vision etc. As if someone not being able to go outside tonight with the iPhone camera and take a clear photo of an aeroplane is proof of ufo’s ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2020, 01:30:35 pm »
Maybe all the ufos have their cloaking devices on? Or is that against Federation rules in this quadrant?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2020, 01:31:17 pm »
Andy@Allertons thread titles give me migraines.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2020, 06:24:37 pm »
The Tiktak ones are great but it's the stuff like what just happened in Brazil that cloud everything up and just gets stupid

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2020, 06:39:07 pm »
Maybe all the ufos have their cloaking devices on? Or is that against Federation rules in this quadrant?

Solved! All UFOs are starships from the future come back in time to take an near-extinct species forward to save Earth.

Also, I now know what I'm watching tonight.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2020, 07:05:23 pm »
Peak bored Andy levels this thread.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2020, 07:17:56 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kyP-7_fjV5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kyP-7_fjV5s</a>

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2020, 07:19:13 pm »
Peak bored Andy levels this thread.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2020, 07:26:01 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kyP-7_fjV5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kyP-7_fjV5s</a>

I must be missing something here.

Not really getting what she's saying..?!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2020, 11:53:24 pm »
Yeah seen this before.

You do realise you’re shooting down most of the ‘evidence’ for UFOs with that post.  If it’s virtually impossible to take a photograph of a bog standard plane with a modern camera doesn’t that call into question every picture of a ‘UFO’? Surely primitive photo technology would struggle to get images of super-advanced alien space craft?

“Captain Zarg, I want you to make a covert visit to planet Sol 3. Be careful not to disclose yourself to the primitive life forms that inhabit the planet...”

“Very good your excellency, the great brain. I will disguise my self by switching on all of the flashing lights in the craft and will ensure to polish up the highly reflective surface to pick up every ray of sunlight...”
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2020, 11:57:27 pm »
I must be missing something here.

Not really getting what she's saying..?!

I think she’s saying: “I am off my fucking trolley...” she’s saying that those pictures of birds, that look like birds... and are birds... aren’t birds but are extra-terrestrials who are disguising their spaceships as birds...

These are the people you are aligning yourself with Andy - fucking  space cadets...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2020, 12:00:01 am »
Low plane

Type XX34Y20 space craft Andy...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)