Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 309628 times)

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Re: IPTV
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2017, 12:00:54 pm »
No it's the ISPs that are blocking the servers, a UK VPN should be fine and it should also give you the best chance of no buffering as you should have minimal speed drop and a low ping.

If no UK option then best to use one close to the UK such as Netherlands  stay away from USA ones though

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oh ok might try a uk one to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers Mate.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2017, 12:09:03 pm »
IpVanish are doing 2yrs for £52/$69,works out at around £2.20pm and if you keep rolling it over you get that price for life.

Sale ends tomorrow dinner at 11.59am.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2017, 01:28:36 pm »
Can anyone recommend a VPN that allows multiple accounts? i.e I could use the VPN in my house and my Brother could also use it in his. Or is this standard for most?

Thanks

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2017, 01:40:59 pm »
Can anyone recommend a VPN that allows multiple accounts? i.e I could use the VPN in my house and my Brother could also use it in his. Or is this standard for most?

Thanks

I recommend Private Internet Access, allows connection from 5 devices simultaneously. £30ish per year for a yearly sub.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2017, 01:41:35 pm »
I recommend Private Internet Access, allows connection from 5 devices simultaneously. £30ish per year for a yearly sub.

Just about to say this, although not used pia for a couple or years.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2017, 02:38:44 pm »
IpVanish are doing 2yrs for £52/$69,works out at around £2.20pm and if you keep rolling it over you get that price for life.

Sale ends tomorrow dinner at 11.59am.

That's a good deal but can't see it on their site. Best is 1 year deal for £109.
Was it a Black Friday Sale  offer that lasted a few days?

Edit; It says for 1 year but it's actually for 2 years, so ignore above Angels
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:45:56 pm by redtel »
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2017, 02:42:58 pm »
That's a good deal but can't see it on their site. Best is 1 year deal for £109.

https://signup.ipvanish.com/?aff=cyberweek&pp=24
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2017, 02:51:11 pm »
https://signup.ipvanish.com/?aff=cyberweek&pp=24

Thanks Trada.

Do you get any speed loss with Turbo?  I was using Touch but speed loss was an issue.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2017, 03:16:22 pm »

Edit; It says for 1 year but it's actually for 2 years, so ignore above Angels

My bad,I meant to link to it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »
Whats the speed reduction like?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2017, 03:52:52 pm »
Whats the speed reduction like?
depends on the server, without a VPN I get around 50mbs D/L, with PIA connected to a UK server it drops to mid 30s, Netherlands between 25-30. Usually the Ping improves.

Not tried it much with many others but stay away from Ireland as it's an awful connection and the speed and ping on US is around 8mbs
and a ping of more than 150 so you get constant buffering
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2017, 04:15:02 pm »
I signed up to this vpn yesterday allows up to 5 devices and is supposed to be a lifetime subscription.  Using the promo code cyber40 worked out at £13.90. Have put on phone and firestick was worth a punt. So far so good. https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2017, 05:07:59 pm »
Thanks Trada.

Do you get any speed loss with Turbo?  I was using Touch but speed loss was an issue.

Hardly any speed lose at all, but I only use it on my android box and not on my PC.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2017, 05:59:58 pm »
I recently been looking at my tv bill at home and its massive, so I have decided to look into the World of IPTV. I want to use it for the Family tv use at home, as I do Sky and so on. Im a complete novice.
I did some searches on Google and Im seeing these deals from providers such as Giantiptv, IPTV Choice and so on. They claim to give deals for so many channels ect.
Well my question is has anyone subscribed to any of these? Also what do I require before I sign up? IPTV box, such as a MAG? And is it what its claimed to be? Is the quality good? I have a internet speed of about 90mbps fibre. I really am looking for something simplistic. I dont want any hassle loading channels and so on. thanks

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:40 pm »
Just as the football started my Fl..less went down again I thought it was blocked again.

checked Turbo VPN and it had disconnected started back up and everything is working again.

I guess that proves it works on a android box and its free.

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »
Whats the speed reduction like? [On Privateinternetaccess]

For PIA if you have a powerful enough processor, I have not noticed a significant speed reduction. On my PC the speed is more of less the same 48Mbps instead of 50, and the same applies on my mobile smartphone.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2017, 09:56:43 am »
https://www.facebook.com/TVforless/

Looking at there fb page I see no option to sign up to a service, only buying a box then a sub on top of that?

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2017, 10:43:21 am »
For PIA if you have a powerful enough processor, I have not noticed a significant speed reduction. On my PC the speed is more of less the same 48Mbps instead of 50, and the same applies on my mobile smartphone.
Didnt realise Processing power would influence something like this. My brother watches via Smart IPTV app on his TV but I'm wondering if it will handle it OK.

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2017, 12:34:19 pm »
Didnt realise Processing power would influence something like this. My brother watches via Smart IPTV app on his TV but I'm wondering if it will handle it OK.

Depends on the encryption you are using. You can turn encryption off if all you want to do is hide the IP address you are visiting from your ISP.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2017, 02:47:56 pm »
Just so everybody knows that with a Zgemma - if you use Wooshbuild - (Latest version) it comes with Digibit VPN built in.

Flash version 7 of Wooshbuild onto Zgemma

Go to Plugins, Wooshbuild

Go to Digibit

Install

Insert Username and Password

Choose Country

You have a VPN

---

Its a million times easier than using OpenVpn on the Zgemma, that is near on impossible

Used it for Flawless last night - no issues at all with Ireland server.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2017, 07:56:26 pm »
Down for maintenance. Locked while we catch up on tickets. What does that mean?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:58:01 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 29, 2017, 10:51:51 pm »
I recently been looking at my tv bill at home and its massive, so I have decided to look into the World of IPTV. I want to use it for the Family tv use at home, as I do Sky and so on. Im a complete novice.
I did some searches on Google and Im seeing these deals from providers such as Giantiptv, IPTV Choice and so on. They claim to give deals for so many channels ect.
Well my question is has anyone subscribed to any of these? Also what do I require before I sign up? IPTV box, such as a MAG? And is it what its claimed to be? Is the quality good? I have a internet speed of about 90mbps fibre. I really am looking for something simplistic. I dont want any hassle loading channels and so on. thanks
Easiest way is something like a fire tv I wouldn't go near the cheap chinese boxes and I have no experience with mag etc but they are supposed to be decent.

The quality in most cases is not far off sky

Never heard of the ones you mentioned but check this link for reviews https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTVReviews/. I have used a few and am now going back to streamcenter after using floorless because they accept card again and it is a better user experience (tv guide, sportscenter & can use on 3 devices at the same time)

You can sign up straight away but some now only take bitcoin.

Your internet speed is plenty.

You will need to do a bit of research and none of these no matter what anyone says is perfect but they are well worth the little bit of hassle.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2017, 08:06:11 am »
Down for maintenance. Locked while we catch up on tickets. What does that mean?
That is just the website,when you have a problem or question you can send them a "ticket" via your logon.

As they have had problems when the football is on they have been flooded with questions so have closed down the page until all have been dealt with.

Not a problem as they still have full support via their Facebook page.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2017, 08:37:59 am »
That is just the website,when you have a problem or question you can send them a "ticket" via your logon.

As they have had problems when the football is on they have been flooded with questions so have closed down the page until all have been dealt with.

Not a problem as they still have full support via their Facebook page.

I don't have Facebook, so I'm screwed there.

When you say "just the website", is there another way I can access my streams on there or how do you mean? I mean, like via Kodi or some other device, like my Apple TV?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2017, 10:03:42 am »
I don't have Facebook, so I'm screwed there.

When you say "just the website", is there another way I can access my streams on there or how do you mean? I mean, like via Kodi or some other device, like my Apple TV?
The streams should still work as when I say website I mean the support part of it.
 If you don't want to join Facebook I can ask about Apple TV but I use Kodi on my PC

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2017, 10:04:43 am »
removed because it gives a link. will pm it to you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:11:26 am by Belshie »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2017, 10:08:13 am »
plus the website is back online.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2017, 09:35:58 pm »
any one using mega???

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #309 on: December 2, 2017, 01:12:13 pm »
Just so everybody knows that with a Zgemma - if you use Wooshbuild - (Latest version) it comes with Digibit VPN built in.

Flash version 7 of Wooshbuild onto Zgemma

Go to Plugins, Wooshbuild

Go to Digibit

Install

Insert Username and Password

Choose Country

You have a VPN

---

Its a million times easier than using OpenVpn on the Zgemma, that is near on impossible

Used it for Flawless last night - no issues at all with Ireland server.

PIA works as well

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #310 on: December 6, 2017, 09:02:07 pm »
Whatever I use and pay for has come under a DOS attack tonight or some shite like that so had to hear about all of the lovely goals.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #311 on: December 6, 2017, 11:06:13 pm »
Unusually for my IPTV bt sports was not at it's best, HD was a nightmare and SD was ok 90 percent of the time but it did buffer a few times, I switched over to Canadian tsw 4 and it was back to HD loveliness.  BT was under some sort of block was It?
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #312 on: December 7, 2017, 12:05:27 am »
My BT was perfect. And it usually is jittery
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #313 on: December 7, 2017, 07:13:24 am »
Whatever I use and pay for has come under a DOS attack tonight or some shite like that so had to hear about all of the lovely goals.

Same ere. Ended up following the game on twitter. Box is back up again now but recorded the highlights from itv so will catch up with them over the weekend.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #314 on: December 7, 2017, 08:11:54 am »
I don't think there's ever going to be a perfect setup for anyone as it proved last night, BT perfect for some, jittery for others but I love the fact IPTV gives you choices as there's always BEIN sports which is spot on when ever I've looked at it or American or Canadian channel in HD with English commentary. I've had the magbox setup for 2 months and never missed a game since. Best 120 euro I've ever spent.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline chris2006

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:20 pm »
Does anyone have the DigiBit configuration details for an OpenVPN client for the mac? I've submitted a ticket but unsure on the response times!

TIA

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #316 on: December 11, 2017, 07:27:13 am »
Looking at there fb page I see no option to sign up to a service, only buying a box then a sub on top of that?

Just PM them, they supply sub only options too, Android, Mag etc. €60 for 6 months or €110 for 12 months

Everything is running perfectly too, no VPN required either and Paypal accepted

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
Personally I stay away from the likes of Sky and BT and go for US or Canadian channels. The picture generally is more stable and if a higher quality and you don't have to put up with the inane wibblings of Neville and Tyler
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2017, 09:02:11 am »
Personally I stay away from the likes of Sky and BT and go for US or Canadian channels. The picture generally is more stable and if a higher quality and you don't have to put up with the inane wibblings of Neville and Tyler
yeah i did that i think for the spartak game

hopefully were on some us channel tonight
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:25 am »
yeah i did that i think for the spartak game

hopefully were on some us channel tonight

Sportsnet World
Sportsnet World Now
Sportsnet Now
NBC Sports Gold
Super Sports 6

Not us, but should be English commentary.
Love Ren & Stimpy