Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 201345 times)

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2022, 04:50:35 pm »
they have been using 19/20 for the guaranteed sales before each game so there's precedent

For the reason that too many would qualify for the home games, due to how for the group games the full away allocation wasn't taken. The club didn't want people who had previous history to miss out because of the extra tickets, when in normal circumstances they would get them.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2022, 04:52:04 pm »
For the reason that too many would qualify for the home games, due to how for the group games the full away allocation wasn't taken. The club didn't want people who had previous history to miss out because of the extra tickets, when in normal circumstances they would get them.
I know and I expect the ballot to just be all 6 homes but they've also set a precedent should they want to use it

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2022, 05:11:00 pm »
I know and I expect the ballot to just be all 6 homes but they've also set a precedent should they want to use it
For what it’s worth (not a lot) I agree that the current season PLUS PAST seasons would reward both. But I say again the disclosure in EVERY sale notice was no credit now or ever, so past season HAS to carry the weight! To be fair it’s been quite clear.
They will sell on past not current but let’s see tomorrows announcement for semi away. Even with same disclaimer this game ain’t dropping past sale no 2.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2022, 05:15:44 pm »
For what it’s worth (not a lot) I agree that the current season PLUS PAST seasons would reward both. But I say again the disclosure in EVERY sale notice was no credit now or ever, so past season HAS to carry the weight! To be fair it’s been quite clear.
They will sell on past not current but let’s see tomorrows announcement for semi away. Even with same disclaimer this game ain’t dropping past sale no 2.
well yeah cause the allocation is shite

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2022, 05:41:30 pm »
well yeah cause the allocation is shite

Liverpool FC Help
@LFCHelp
🎟️Please note, tickets will be posted for this fixture; we will not be asking supporters to collect their tickets in Spain.

Is this a bank your credit tweet ? Right or wrong it will happen. We’ve got flights to Alicante dead early Tuesday back Thursday, so we’re going either way! Let’s just get to Paris first!!

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2022, 05:46:48 pm »
The biggest thing is this from UEFA:

Ten thousand of the tickets reserved for the fans of the two teams will be offered for free to reward the lifeblood of the game for their loyal support during the pandemic. The ticket sale and allocation process for the tickets reserved for the fans of the finalists will be organised by the clubs involved, including the allocation of the free tickets.

Not sure it'd look to great in the media if UEFA are rewarding loyal support during the pandemic with these tickets but Liverpool FC are not rewarding the loyal supporters who went to the games during the pandemic. Wouldn't help with getting further tickets from UEFA in future either. All the headlines that would generate would be bad PR surely?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2022, 07:44:16 pm »

Ten thousand of the tickets reserved for the fans of the two teams will be offered for free to reward the lifeblood of the game for their loyal support during the pandemic. The ticket sale and allocation process for the tickets reserved for the fans of the finalists will be organised by the clubs involved, including the allocation of the free tickets.

Not sure it'd look to great in the media if UEFA are rewarding loyal support during the pandemic with these tickets but Liverpool FC are not rewarding the loyal supporters who went to the games during the pandemic. Wouldn't help with getting further tickets from UEFA in future either. All the headlines that would generate would be bad PR surely?

I mean the selling notices have been clear as day about this from the start and there was some mumbling on the forums/twitter but i don't think anyone formally complained until Benfica when we looked likely to go far in the competition.

It's also bad PR if they go against what they previously said. The reason for not counting the credits justifiably was because of covid concerns and uncertainty, although personally I think after the group stage they should've counted credits only for this season. it no doubt was poor judgment from the TO but it's not like we didn't know.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 07:46:13 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2022, 07:54:24 pm »

The club have said it several times that credits do not count for the people who have bought it and there are a lot of people who would have never stood a chance if it did count. This was the agreement that you made with the club when you bought the ticket that it didn't count and won't

I personally think they will go to Roma/Barcelona/Atletico and 2/3 guarantees you a ticket.

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2022, 07:54:33 pm »
I mean the selling notices have been clear as day about this from the start and there was some mumbling on the forums/twitter but i don't think anyone formally complained until Benfica when we looked likely to go far in the competition.

It's also bad PR if they go against what they previously said. The reason for not counting the credits justifiably was because of covid concerns and uncertainty, although personally I think after the group stage they should've counted credits only for this season. it no doubt was poor judgment from the TO but it's not like we didn't know.
100%. The TO could have played it different but didn’t, they possibly regret the set in stone allocation non credit, but we all know where we stand. Or shall I say most of us do 😁

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2022, 10:30:28 pm »

What I’m saying isn’t anything about the credits it’s about the PR that UEFA are seeking to be seen to be giving free tickets to reward people for going during the pandemic. Are the club then actually prepared to accept any big headlines in the media if they are to be seen not to be doing the same thing? Because let’s be clear anything this club does always generates those big headlines, UEFA are really putting the club in a hard place.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2022, 10:48:55 pm »
People who’ve been this season and don’t have previous credits only got chance to go because the club said credits don’t count.

I haven’t been any away this season, but have the likes of Bordeaux and Besikas when barely anyone could be arsed because we were shite.

You were also against us clapping for Ronaldo's son. Would you mind explaining your relationship with the club? I find it at odds to my own. I wish you well, but detect fury and do not know the reasons why

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2022, 11:16:22 pm »
You were also against us clapping for Ronaldo's son. Would you mind explaining your relationship with the club? I find it at odds to my own. I wish you well, but detect fury and do not know the reasons why

Thinking back on the Ronaldo thing, I let my hatred of United fans get in the way of the bigger picture. Wrong on that one, 100%

Other than that I love the reds, just getting to be a miserable bastard as I get older.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2022, 02:32:44 am »

I don't know. I clapped and supported the gesture. I also know that rape is a terrible and life changing crime that doesn't get prosecuted. Especially by rich and influential men.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 02:35:23 am by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Online James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2022, 10:26:39 am »
The club have said it several times that credits do not count for the people who have bought it and there are a lot of people who would have never stood a chance if it did count. This was the agreement that you made with the club when you bought the ticket that it didn't count and won't

I personally think they will go to Roma/Barcelona/Atletico and 2/3 guarantees you a ticket.
I seriously don’t understand how you can think they’ll go as far back as Roma 🤦‍♂️. It’ll either be 7 games (all homes this season and 1+ away from 19/20) or it’ll be 8 games (all homes from this season 1+ home from 19/20 and 1+ away from 19/20) only feasible options in my eyes.   

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2022, 11:17:34 am »
gauranteed they could do all homes from 19-20 and 21-22 + 1 away from 19-20 or just 5 (home & away) from 19-20 so no home or away from 21-22.

rest would be ballot - ynwa
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2022, 11:52:50 am »
I seriously don’t understand how you can think they’ll go as far back as Roma 🤦‍♂️. It’ll either be 7 games (all homes this season and 1+ away from 19/20) or it’ll be 8 games (all homes from this season 1+ home from 19/20 and 1+ away from 19/20) only feasible options in my eyes.

Will be 18/19 with Barcelona having a good allocation! Perhaps 1/2 from 18/19 and 19/20 gets the ticket.

You'll still get some of the sense of entitlement brigade complaining to LFC that no credit will count this season yet they've said it several times haha

Let's get there first! Up the reds!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 11:59:14 am by deanloco9 »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2022, 12:00:44 pm »
Will be 18/19 with Barcelona having a good allocation! Perhaps 1/2 from 18/19 and 19/20 gets the ticket.

You'll still get some of the sense of entitlement brigade complaining to LFC that no credit will count this season yet they've said it several times haha

Let's get there first! Up the reds!
going back to Barcelona makes no sense

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2022, 12:04:14 pm »
going back to Barcelona makes no sense

Last big allocation if I recall, 3000 more tickets than Madrid final and those fans who went to that game probably haven't had a chance or didn't want to travel during the credits not counting. We'll see! 19/20 would make sense too but I think they may use this 1/2 games from 18/19 and 19/20
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:06:59 pm by deanloco9 »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2022, 12:11:39 pm »
Last big allocation if I recall, 3000 more tickets than Madrid final and those fans who went to that game probably haven't had a chance or didn't want to travel during the credits not counting. We'll see! 19/20 would make sense too but I think they may use this 1/2 games from 18/19 and 19/20
it was also 3 years ago all of them would've been guaranteed for that Madrid final

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2022, 12:14:17 pm »
it was also 3 years ago all of them would've been guaranteed for that Madrid final

Exactly so with this seasons credits not counting then it's fair as most games in 19/20 many would have not got in with Barca, We'll never know what the ticket offer might throw at us!

We'll see what happens but let's enjoy the ride  8)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2022, 12:17:40 pm »
Exactly so with this seasons credits not counting then it's fair as most games in 19/20 many would have not got in with Barca, We'll never know what the ticket offer might throw at us!

We'll see what happens but let's enjoy the ride  8)
but they've already counted towards a final, I'm not sure it's fair for them to count towards another final

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2022, 12:20:15 pm »
What I’m saying isn’t anything about the credits it’s about the PR that UEFA are seeking to be seen to be giving free tickets to reward people for going during the pandemic. Are the club then actually prepared to accept any big headlines in the media if they are to be seen not to be doing the same thing? Because let’s be clear anything this club does always generates those big headlines, UEFA are really putting the club in a hard place.

"Each of the finalist clubs will be able to use these tickets to reward their most loyal supporters (i.e. longest-serving season ticket-holders, those who attended most away games, etc.), but these tickets cannot be given to sponsors, partners or club officials."

it's not really rewarding people that travelled exclusively in the pandemic though.

i think even if this fuck up didn't happen, most of us would've been happy if the 5000 were allocated to the oldest STHs/members on 13+ etc
YNWA.

Online James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »
"Each of the finalist clubs will be able to use these tickets to reward their most loyal supporters (i.e. longest-serving season ticket-holders, those who attended most away games, etc.), but these tickets cannot be given to sponsors, partners or club officials."

it's not really rewarding people that travelled exclusively in the pandemic though.

i think even if this fuck up didn't happen, most of us would've been happy if the 5000 were allocated to the oldest STHs/members on 13+ etc
Before the fan update, you would be looking at about 5,000 who had passed away to be boxed for free!

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2022, 12:25:00 pm »

"those who attended most away games"

This is what I think will happen if that 5000 tickets is legit, They'll go back to the last game we had 5000 fans or so in Europe whichever that was. I just can't see the ticket office using just a generic season ticket holder to have access to this and purely because I don't think they have the system for that. It's all at the tickets office discretion too so we'll see what they decide!

Edit: Just googled it and it's legit, UEFA have given 5000 tickets to reward fans including those who went to away games, I personally think they'll go back a few years if that's the case. It's CAT 4 and CAT 3 tickets too I think!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:31:01 pm by deanloco9 »

Online James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2022, 12:29:10 pm »

This is what I think will happen if that 5000 tickets is legit, They'll go back to the last game we had 5000 fans or so in Europe whichever that was. There isn't a chance the ticket office will use STH/Other competitions as a marker sadly. It's all at the tickets office decision too so we'll see what they decide!
You almost defo have roma and barca on your card dont you hahaha! They were just pointers, it say's however the clubs see fit.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2022, 12:31:54 pm »
You almost defo have roma and barca on your card dont you hahaha! They were just pointers, it say's however the clubs see fit.

I'm surprised no one has said that yet, but yes  ;D  ::) Let's hope the ticket office do the right thing in that case

Will admit it would be very silly if they did Roma :o ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:33:40 pm by deanloco9 »

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2022, 12:37:04 pm »
Does that CAT 1/CAT 2 ticket get you anything special? Trying to understand why it's so expensive as that's hospo prices or is it UEFA just doing UEFA   :o

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2022, 12:40:26 pm »
Does that CAT 1/CAT 2 ticket get you anything special? Trying to understand why it's so expensive as that's hospo prices or is it UEFA just doing UEFA   :o
no it's just what they deem as better views for example my euros ticket was Cat 1 but the FA have it as Cat 3, it's just whatever they want

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2022, 12:41:13 pm »

no, just comfier seats and more likely to be around club legends / players family etc.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2022, 12:41:58 pm »

This is what I think will happen if that 5000 tickets is legit, They'll go back to the last game we had 5000 fans or so in Europe whichever that was. I just can't see the ticket office using just a generic season ticket holder to have access to this and purely because I don't think they have the system for that. It's all at the tickets office discretion too so we'll see what they decide!

Edit: Just googled it and it's legit, UEFA have given 5000 tickets to reward fans including those who went to away games, I personally think they'll go back a few years if that's the case. It's CAT 4 and CAT 3 tickets too I think!
Roma was the last one that had 5000 tickets again which would've got everyone for Kyiv, not sure why were are awarding people who've already gotten to a final guaranteed

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2022, 12:46:05 pm »

Even if it's that it still leaves it open for someone in the media to get wind of it and put the narrative out as UEFA giving extra free tickets to supporters who went through all the pandemic whilst Liverpool aren't doing that. It would generate a big headline with bad publicity no matter what anybody thinks and that is all the media want, to generate hits and clicks etc. LIVERPOOL WON'T REWARD PANDEMIC SUPPORTERS WITH FINAL TICKET, there's the headline all ready to go. Ignore it all you want but that is it in a nutshell.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2022, 01:43:05 pm »
Part of me just wants us to get to the final so the club have to confirm how they’re gonna be prioritising ticket allocations.

Surprised the club would use even the home games as these games would’ve been affected by the pandemic too it’s not just the away fans.

This discussion would never need to happen if they gave the tickets to those who actually attend the games and not randoms who don’t even support the clubs involved. UEFA probably divvy our tickets to all clubs who were involved in this season’s tournament.

I’ll be going now regardless of getting a ticket, providing we get there. Missed out on too many european finals now

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2022, 01:52:00 pm »
Even if it's that it still leaves it open for someone in the media to get wind of it and put the narrative out as UEFA giving extra free tickets to supporters who went through all the pandemic whilst Liverpool aren't doing that. It would generate a big headline with bad publicity no matter what anybody thinks and that is all the media want, to generate hits and clicks etc. LIVERPOOL WON'T REWARD PANDEMIC SUPPORTERS WITH FINAL TICKET, there's the headline all ready to go. Ignore it all you want but that is it in a nutshell.

in my honest opinion I don't think it'd be reaching any headlines at all beyond maybe a small piece in the Echo. people have known each round. i also don't think the 5000 tickets really correlates to the argument anyway. you could literally have a fresh membership and have gone to some of these aways. UEFA's intentions were to reward the 'most loyal' (i.e. longest credit history/seasies).

i'm not saying what they done was right, but people are only kicking up a fuss now because it gives them an argument for a ticket if we make the final. think about the road to Kyiv and Madrid, plenty of travelling supporters who went home and away still didn't get a ticket because they were using other peoples' away credits. the unfortunate truth is the system allows itself to be gamed in ways unfairly at times.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 01:55:29 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2022, 01:55:20 pm »
Hospitality is now open. € 3,900 (VAT EXCLUDED) for a Shared box

https://uclf.hospitality.uefa.com/packages/

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2022, 01:55:33 pm »
in my honest opinion I don't think it'd be reaching any headlines at all beyond maybe a small piece in the Echo. people have known each round. i also don't think the 5000 tickets really correlates to the argument anyway. you could literally have a fresh membership and have gone to some of these aways. UEFA's intentions were to reward the 'most loyal' (i.e. longest credit history/seasies).

i'm not saying what they done was right, but people are only kicking up a fuss now because it gives them an argument for a ticket if we make the final. think about the road to Kyiv and Madrid, plenty of travelling supporters who went home and away still didn't get a ticket because they were using other peoples' away credits.
but using other people's credits is not the same thing as people who actually have them

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2022, 01:57:13 pm »
but using other people's credits is not the same thing as people who actually have them

but you also don't have them, it literally says so on the selling notice. you can't argue about fairness without considering both (i'm not talking even about this season, just generally).

both sets of fans knew that they won't get the credit. there is no difference.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 01:58:48 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2022, 01:58:13 pm »

People who use other people’s credits do so in the knowledge it won’t help them out for the final. People who’ve bought tickets in their own names this season have done so in the knowledge it won’t help them out for the final.
Long live the King

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2022, 02:12:21 pm »

i'm not saying what they done was right, but people are only kicking up a fuss now because it gives them an argument for a ticket if we make the final. think about the road to Kyiv and Madrid, plenty of travelling supporters who went home and away still didn't get a ticket because they were using other peoples' away credits. the unfortunate truth is the system allows itself to be gamed in ways unfairly at times.

The club finally saw sense to let all in a ballot who had attended games in that specific competition and not to prioritise STHs over members. ‘Long credit history’ should be for Europe alone

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2022, 02:16:29 pm »
The club finally saw sense to let all in a ballot who had attended games in that specific competition and not to prioritise STHs over members. ‘Long credit history’ should be for Europe alone

Definitely agree that long credit history should be Europe only, not even from a selfish POV. Could you imagine if someone who's never been to a CL away game got a ticket? Had to be Europe games only for the 5000

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2022, 02:19:16 pm »

Don’t agree. We’re an outlier with competition specific loyalty. If I’ve been to 50 games across a season I’ve been more ‘loyal’ than someone who’s only been to the champions league games.
Long live the King