Author Topic: The small things in life that amuse you  (Read 7998 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The small things in life that amuse you
« on: November 20, 2023, 12:15:21 pm »
They're not hannoying, and they don't make you happy. They're just amusing.

Got an email today to book online appointments with my lad's teachers. If there's any issues booking the apppointments throught the site, you have to send an email to

cokane256@........

Surely to fuck someone noticed that before setting it up. It's like one of those addresses you use to order drugs off the dark web  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The small things in life that amuse you
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 12:16:34 pm »
:D Just surprised there were another 255 C O’Kanes already using that email address.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 02:26:23 pm »
I work in healthcare, and love some of the nominative determinism you come across is amazing, but the best was a Colonoscopist called Dr Poo.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 02:36:07 pm »
When he was in Primary school, my youngest had a spelling test at school

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 04:41:20 pm »
Quarks
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 05:32:58 pm »
I work in healthcare, and love some of the nominative determinism you come across is amazing, but the best was a Colonoscopist called Dr Poo.
A friend of mine used to work with a Dr. De'ath. 😱
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 05:41:57 pm »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 10:23:44 pm »
Always makes me laugh when we have Teams meetings at work and it seems like everyone gets along, have jokes, share stories etc but when there's calls within smaller teams, the backbiting starts and people's true colours shine with all the sly digs etc

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 08:26:13 am »
Always makes me laugh when we have Teams meetings at work and it seems like everyone gets along, have jokes, share stories etc but when there's calls within smaller teams, the backbiting starts and people's true colours shine with all the sly digs etc

sounds like you work with a lot of c*nts ;D start dropping subtle hints that the calls are recorded...

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 09:22:06 am »
sounds like you work with a lot of c*nts ;D start dropping subtle hints that the calls are recorded...

For training purposes.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 09:35:31 pm »
Yep I do, then they have the cheek to wonder why I'm so reserved. Think I might start those hints, they'd soon switch up pretty quick!

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 10:01:41 pm »
There is the brand of clothing I see a lot called 'Salt Life' and its about people that fish at the beach and on boats etc. It is very stylized writing and not easy to read.

It always looks to me like 'slut life', and even though I know what it is, it is aways what I read.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 07:54:17 am »
The instagram page of Volkswagen Italy is @volkswagenitalia

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 08:27:44 am »
The associate producer on Cheers and Frasier

Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2023, 02:20:52 pm »
A friend of mine used to work with a Dr. De'ath. 😱
when I was a kid my uncle found that he had an appointment with an Indian doctor called Dr. Shit.  given that my uncle wasn't averse to the odd semi-racist joke you can imagine the comments.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2023, 05:07:17 pm »
The associate producer on Cheers and Frasier

My better half has been watching Once Upon A Time on Disney the producer of the show is Brian Wankum which always makes me chuckle.
She just thinks I’m childish, not sure why
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2023, 05:13:57 pm »
My better half has been watching Once Upon A Time on Disney the producer of the show is Brian Wankum which always makes me chuckle.
She just thinks I’m childish, not sure why
women are hard to understand sometimes.  :)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2023, 09:56:06 pm »
When you drop your guts and the smell is that bad, even you can't stand it.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2023, 09:57:51 pm »

Trying to reach around to the flush without moving and letting the stink out ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2023, 09:57:54 pm »
this is a hypothetical, right?  :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2023, 10:04:15 pm »
this is a hypothetical, right?  :)

When we go to Greece or Cyprus, the bog is a no go zone when I've been in of a morning, the Stifado etc and the Greek Beer make me drop some rancid ones ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2023, 10:05:03 pm »
Farts
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2023, 10:30:06 pm »
Farts
Farts on a plane, totally anonymous  :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2023, 03:41:45 pm »
One of my workmates turned up about an hour late for the start departmental meeting in Milton Keynes yesterday, but he was on the train that got into MK 30 mins before mine did. He claims that they didn't announce they were approaching MK until a minute before it got there, so he had to pack all his stuff away and then by the time he got to the doors, people were streaming on, he waited for them and as he went to get off the doors closed and locked, next stop Euston :lmao

Luckily at Euston they allowed him to board the next train back to MK without charging him anything more.

He is a bit dozy, I reckon he just missed the announcement and failed to notice the train slowing down, as we had to issues on our train.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2023, 03:58:18 pm »
That story about Euston reminded me of the time me and my lad were going from Liverpool to Euston on  the virgin train years ago . We had a two seat forward and rear facing with a table right opposite what were quite big quadrant toilets .

I’d gone previously and seen that you pressed a button outside to open and then when inside you had three buttons one to open , one to close and one to lock . Halfway through the journey a woman comes to use it presses and opens and then it closes but she was obviously didn’t know about pressing to lock it .

A minute later a fella walks along and as he presses the open button the doors swing open , she’s got her drawers around her ankles and they are both horrified him franticly pressing the shut button and her mid piss realising she would have to stand up to reach over for the shut then lock button

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2023, 04:01:05 pm »
That's why I always walk down to the rectangular lockable ones when I want to deposit some compost on the track ballast.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2023, 04:14:27 pm »
That story about Euston reminded me of the time me and my lad were going from Liverpool to Euston on  the virgin train years ago . We had a two seat forward and rear facing with a table right opposite what were quite big quadrant toilets .

I’d gone previously and seen that you pressed a button outside to open and then when inside you had three buttons one to open , one to close and one to lock . Halfway through the journey a woman comes to use it presses and opens and then it closes but she was obviously didn’t know about pressing to lock it .

A minute later a fella walks along and as he presses the open button the doors swing open , she’s got her drawers around her ankles and they are both horrified him franticly pressing the shut button and her mid piss realising she would have to stand up to reach over for the shut then lock button

:lmao

The Avanti trains are the same trains Virgin used to run, so the bogs are the same - I had to read the instructions on locking the door ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2023, 11:01:50 am »
My 16 month old kid getting annoyed with me and grabbing my hand when I stop scratching his back  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2023, 03:54:03 pm »
Ground DJ knocks over 7,000 out of Whamageddon ;D

Whamageddon: DJ sorry for playing Last Christmas by Wham!

By Pete Cooper
BBC News, Northamptonshire
A football stadium DJ has apologised for playing Last Christmas by Wham!, potentially knocking more than 7,000 people out of cult game Whamageddon.

Players try to avoid George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley's 1984 hit for as long as possible before Christmas Eve and are eliminated once they hear it.

Matt Facer, DJ at Northampton Town, was criticised for playing it at the home game against Portsmouth on 2 December.

"I never knew people took it so seriously," he said.

Whamageddon started about 10 years ago, and has grown in a popularity through social media.

It now has set rules, a dedicated website and merchandise.

The game's rules state: "While we can't stop you from deliberately sending your friends to Whamhalla, the intention is that this is a survival game. Not a Battle Royale."

Mr Facer, known as DJ Matty, played the song during half-time in the League One clash at Sixfields, attended by 7,215 people.

"I gave it a spin, thinking it would be quite funny to wipe out 7,000 people who couldn't avoid it, but clearly it isn't funny," he said.

"I had a bit of an insult on Twitter, light-hearted, [saying] it was not a nice thing to do, and apparently that was quite tame to what was being said in the stadium.

"So I officially apologise to everybody whose Christmas I've ruined."

He has promised not to play the song during the home game against Fleetwood Town, to avoid upsetting fans of the Lancashire side.

He told BBC Radio Northampton: "I can take on the chin with my home fans and Portsmouth, but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

"I think it's a shame people in professions like mine can't play Wham! until [late] December, but it's a game and we all have to jump on board."

Last Christmas reached number two on its release, finally reaching the top spot on 1 January 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-67659010
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2023, 06:33:14 pm »
You'll see streams with Americans saying Fuck this, fuck that, fucking fucking fuck. And then say 'gosh'

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2023, 08:39:04 pm »
You'll see streams with Americans saying Fuck this, fuck that, fucking fucking fuck. And then say 'gosh'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2023, 08:45:51 am »
Farts
Always enjoy a nice satisfying fart. Makes me feel like I'm losing weight.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 09:12:00 am »
Fussy garden birds.

Mine get a selection of mixed seeds, peanuts, niger seeds and fat balls plus all the seed heads I leave on my plants.

Normally they're queueing up for the two tubes of mixed seeds when I refill them each morning but I had to get them from a different place last week so now they're turning their beaks up at them meaning they're still half full the day after I've filled them 😂

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2023, 12:04:54 pm »
Radio 3's Composer of the Week is Englebert Humperdinck and it really threw me until I googled it.

We've started putting it on in the morning as we have a newborn to soothe.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2023, 12:13:04 pm »
My wife constantly getting names muddled up. That Evening with Kylie thing was on the other night and she asked if she’d been in any relationships since that one with Mick Hucknall.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2023, 12:14:30 pm »
Radio 3's Composer of the Week is Englebert Humperdinck and it really threw me until I googled it.

Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past

Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2023, 02:20:51 pm »
Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past

he's 87 now, and - I think? - is still doing some performances.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2023, 02:26:21 pm »

Parents soothing newborns after being through all that shit myself and then knowing they have another 18 years of shite.  It's a small thing in life but amuses me.  :-*  ;)

Congrats Bradders on the newbie

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2023, 02:29:51 pm »
The wannabe hard guy driving the red ford focus on the M56 yesterday morning.

I'm overtaking in the outside lane, he's behind me trying to get in my boot, leaning forward so he's nearly touching the windscreen with both hands at the top of his steering wheel.

I pull over and give him the middle finger as he drives past so he swerves right in front of me, then into the nearside lane clearly telling me that's where I should be but then has to slam on due to the traffic and swerve back into the middle lane.

He then does exactly the same with everyone else all the way down the motorway until he was out of sight.

So funny when men with low self esteem and probably a tiny dick use their cars to be aggressive and show everyone what a big guy they are 😂