Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432880 times)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #24480 on: February 28, 2019, 06:41:44 am »
Tell you what, the pen they got is less of a Pen than most of Salah's soft ones.

You'll never hear about it, mind. Doesn't fit the agenda.

Not to worry. Just keep winning and let them cheat all they want. 10 games left.  :wave

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24481 on: February 28, 2019, 08:26:34 am »
Looks like City have signed a deal with Puma for the next 10 years. £65m per year are the early reports.

Thank god we won’t be getting Puma, then.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24482 on: February 28, 2019, 08:32:37 am »
Looks like City have signed a deal with Puma for the next 10 years. £6.5m (with £58.5m from owners) per year are the early reports.

Fixed that for you  ;)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24483 on: February 28, 2019, 08:36:16 am »
Looks like City have signed a deal with Puma for the next 10 years. £65m per year are the early reports.

So another "i give you 600mil under the table, and you give that back to me legally as a sponsor" type of deal.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:38:58 am by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24484 on: February 28, 2019, 09:00:55 am »
So another "i give you 600mil under the table, and you give that back to me legally as a sponsor" type of deal.

No, they're going another route this time.

Puma are sponsoring 5 of the 7 clubs in the 'group', as well as the City women and youth teams. However I bet City end up with pretty much all of the cash.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #24485 on: February 28, 2019, 09:19:45 am »
Real shame they've got four absolute gimmes coming up in the league while players like Laporte and Fernandinho are out.

The four games after that is where it gets a little bit tough for them. Palace away and then Spurs, Utd and Burnley in the space of a week. Got to make sure we're still close to them going into those games.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24486 on: February 28, 2019, 09:30:45 am »
The four games after that is where it gets a little bit tough for them. Palace away and then Spurs, Utd and Burnley in the space of a week. Got to make sure we're still close to them going into those games.

Still close? Has everyone forgotten we're ahead...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24487 on: February 28, 2019, 09:40:53 am »
Meh, it was a pen. Soft pen is still a pen.

Bang on about the media though, they’d be slaughtering Mo in the same situation.

Bigger thing from that game is they apparently looked leggy as fuck....

I agree - Stephen Warnock said it when discussing Mos pen v Newcastle, once you even touch the player you make the ref have to make a decision. He had no need to go in as the other two were dealing with him. From the refs angle its a sandwich and to be honest I didn't see any other angle that said no foul.

If it was Mo, they'd be creating petitions today.

As for Saturday, after last nights hiding, Bournemouth will want to bounce back, Howe will expect it. The crowd will get behind the Cherries and the team do show a lot of passion and fight at home. I really feel they'll get stuck into City this weekend.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #24488 on: February 28, 2019, 10:16:32 am »
Still close? Has everyone forgotten we're ahead...

I'm aware we're ahead right now. That run of games is 7 weeks away, we play a derby and Spurs and Chelsea at home before that point which is why I said we need to make sure we're still close.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:19:16 am by Mines sent »

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24489 on: February 28, 2019, 10:32:17 am »
They’re the softest of touches on their travels butcan be dangerous at home. Think they have quite a few of their better players out though.
Brooks was back on the bench last night so he might be involved on Saturday.

There was a reason we sent them Clyne on loan as well as selling them Solanke, Smith and Ibe and this weekend is it…maybe

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24490 on: February 28, 2019, 10:32:59 am »
Just watched the “highlights”. They looked dead on their feet in the later stages
And people think they will win all of their last 10 league games.  It's only going to get worse for them

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24491 on: February 28, 2019, 10:46:00 am »
I agree - Stephen Warnock said it when discussing Mos pen v Newcastle, once you even touch the player you make the ref have to make a decision. He had no need to go in as the other two were dealing with him. From the refs angle its a sandwich and to be honest I didn't see any other angle that said no foul.

If it was Mo, they'd be creating petitions today.

As for Saturday, after last nights hiding, Bournemouth will want to bounce back, Howe will expect it. The crowd will get behind the Cherries and the team do show a lot of passion and fight at home. I really feel they'll get stuck into City this weekend.

Surely theres a grey area though, i'm wondering what Andersons options were? He's pursuing a player who steps across him and then throws himself to the ground, Anderson initiated no conact at all, he's guilty of the crime of being in the vicinity. He didn't hang a leg, put his hands on him or lean into him, he's just there. His only option is to literally stop on the spot and should Silva then smash one into the net then its his fault for just letting his man go.

If you shield the ball and the player chasing you obliges and shoves you over or stretches for the ball missing but catching you then fair enough, we see players do it all the time and its a foul, but Silva literally saw little space to do much, stepped infront of Anderson and just threw himself to the floor instantly looking to the ref. At least when he's getting pens Mo is actually fouled and isn't initiating the contact himself, he's in the box being kicked or pulled, not just stepping across someone then dropping

Calvert Lewin did the same and that STILL shouldn't have been a penalty, he initiated the contact then threw himself to the floor. Should it be a pen if the keeper goes down to make a save and an opponent hangs a leg to initiate contact? No, and this is no different really.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:48:38 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #24492 on: February 28, 2019, 01:25:21 pm »
Does anyone have a list of there potential fixture pile up in April?

Sure I've seen it somewhere but cannot find it.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24493 on: February 28, 2019, 03:52:32 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/scores-fixtures/2019-04

They probably get to the semi so the Cardiff game gets moved, CL quarters are 9/10 and 16/17 and semis are the last tues/wed of the month and first tues/wed of may, so potentially 12 games or so between 6th April and 12th May, and almost certainly 11 as they should get past schalke and swansea

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24494 on: February 28, 2019, 04:03:18 pm »
And people think they will win all of their last 10 league games.  It's only going to get worse for them

Cardieola's special supplements will be able to help with that...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24495 on: February 28, 2019, 08:21:24 pm »
Surely theres a grey area though, i'm wondering what Andersons options were? He's pursuing a player who steps across him and then throws himself to the ground, Anderson initiated no conact at all, he's guilty of the crime of being in the vicinity. He didn't hang a leg, put his hands on him or lean into him, he's just there. His only option is to literally stop on the spot and should Silva then smash one into the net then its his fault for just letting his man go.

If you shield the ball and the player chasing you obliges and shoves you over or stretches for the ball missing but catching you then fair enough, we see players do it all the time and its a foul, but Silva literally saw little space to do much, stepped infront of Anderson and just threw himself to the floor instantly looking to the ref. At least when he's getting pens Mo is actually fouled and isn't initiating the contact himself, he's in the box being kicked or pulled, not just stepping across someone then dropping

Calvert Lewin did the same and that STILL shouldn't have been a penalty, he initiated the contact then threw himself to the floor. Should it be a pen if the keeper goes down to make a save and an opponent hangs a leg to initiate contact? No, and this is no different really.

I watched it back and slowed it down and I've changed my mind. After a couple of looks, while the West Ham defender does run in quickly, it is just a coming together, nothing more.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #24496 on: February 28, 2019, 09:17:15 pm »
So Raheem says its much easier to deal with the pressure in Manchester than at Anfield, because at Anfield there are people in the seats. Some of them apparently even want the team to try hard and do well!!

No wonder he gtfo. Who could deal with that, with the compelling allure of shiny blue silent seats not giving a damn what happens just 30 miles down the road.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24497 on: February 28, 2019, 09:21:36 pm »
I watched it back and slowed it down and I've changed my mind. After a couple of looks, while the West Ham defender does run in quickly, it is just a coming together, nothing more.

It was extremely harsh on Anderson and you could see why the West Ham players were fuming

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
« Reply #24498 on: February 28, 2019, 09:49:28 pm »
So Raheem says its much easier to deal with the pressure in Manchester than at Anfield, because at Anfield there are people in the seats. Some of them apparently even want the team to try hard and do well!!

No wonder he gtfo. Who could deal with that, with the compelling allure of shiny blue silent seats not giving a damn what happens just 30 miles down the road.
To be coming out with this tired-ass, store brand #mindgamezzz bullshit in February just makes me more confident that the last thing Pep and these boys want is a toe to toe title race. Win our next three games up to the international break (easier said than done) and lets see what sort of stomach for the fight Raheem and the gang have then.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24499 on: February 28, 2019, 10:28:06 pm »

one is a massive international club, the other is a bit meh

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24500 on: February 28, 2019, 10:29:44 pm »
one is a massive international club, the other is a bit meh bunch of meffs

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #24501 on: February 28, 2019, 11:16:30 pm »
Simply had to respond to the james drucker article in the Telegraph espousing Zabafuckingletta's bollocks re City.

There's no problem with any team spending money to further their development - even huge amounts - provided that money is generated organically through recognized and legitimate income streams.

With City and PSG that is irrevocably not the case. In their case FFP rules have been cynically and systematically breached and abused to gain huge and unfair advantage over other legitimately run football clubs.

In simple terms both City and PSG are cheats and should be excluded from all football competitions.

Of course, vested interest will ensure they are never banned. They have become integral elements of the huge financial goose that lays the football world's gargantuan golden eggs. Despite their flouting of every financial rule with their underhand manipulations, neither the footballing authorities nor the fawning media will ever risk shooting themselves in the foot to publically 'out' these two heinous enterprises as the corrupt enterprises they are.

In the meantime, real football fans can but hope that both clubs choke on their own money trees and come unstuck in their pursuit of the hollow success they seem so desperately to crave.   

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24503 on: March 1, 2019, 05:12:22 am »
No, they're going another route this time.

Puma are sponsoring 5 of the 7 clubs in the 'group', as well as the City women and youth teams. However I bet City end up with pretty much all of the cash.

Yeah, probably they will get 95% of that money.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #24504 on: March 1, 2019, 06:09:58 am »
They’re really ramping up the ‘liverpool Will fuck this up’ narrative in the media aren’t they?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24505 on: March 1, 2019, 06:10:21 am »
£650m kit deal with Puma
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/28/manchester-city-65m-a-year-kit-deal-10-seasons-puma

So Mansour propably agreed to buy a few old sneakers from them for his morning jogs

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #24506 on: March 1, 2019, 07:01:51 am »
So Mansour propably agreed to buy a few old sneakers from them for his morning jogs
"So I`ve decided I need 1.3m pairs of trainees for me morning work out mate, £50 a pop, £650m should do it yeah? Sound as".

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24507 on: March 1, 2019, 07:13:49 am »
"So I`ve decided I need 1.3m pairs of trainees for me morning work out mate, £50 a pop, £650m should do it yeah? Sound as".

:D That was my first thought of the deal too.

Quite a lot of money from a small(ish) company compared to the giants but i'm sure it's all above the board.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24508 on: March 1, 2019, 09:07:53 am »
:D That was my first thought of the deal too.

Quite a lot of money from a small(ish) company compared to the giants but i'm sure it's all above the board.

I always thought Puma where a lot bigger than they really are - Adidas has a 7 times larger turnover, although they are bigger than New Balance. City just do not sell the amount of shirts that this kind of money justifies.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24509 on: March 1, 2019, 09:13:57 am »
I always thought Puma where a lot bigger than they really are - Adidas has a 7 times larger turnover, although they are bigger than New Balance. City just do not sell the amount of shirts that this kind of money justifies.
Probably because they're a small club with money, and the fact that their shirts are ugly. Who in the right mind would even wear sky blue? Everytime I go abroad, I see loads of Liverpool, United, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG shirts but no City shirts. They're so irrelevant.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24510 on: March 1, 2019, 09:40:30 am »
Probably because they're a small club with money, and the fact that their shirts are ugly. Who in the right mind would even wear sky blue? Everytime I go abroad, I see loads of Liverpool, United, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG shirts but no City shirts. They're so irrelevant.

Obviously I wouldn’t wear a City shirt but over the years I have owned a couple of ‘baby blue’ t shirts and have to say, I looked divine in them.

(It wasn’t the short sleeved suit as worn by Alan Partridge by the way).

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24511 on: March 1, 2019, 10:22:12 am »

Shirt sales are just one factor. Advertising and exposure will be another- having their logo attached to the kit of a successful team that’ll (presumably) be challenging for big trophies in front of huge tv audiences will be worth a lot too.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24512 on: March 1, 2019, 10:30:10 am »
Shirt sales are just one factor. Advertising and exposure will be another- having their logo attached to the kit of a successful team that’ll (presumably) be challenging for big trophies in front of huge tv audiences will be worth a lot too.

They're not sponsoring us  ;)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24513 on: March 1, 2019, 10:37:43 am »
Obviously I wouldn’t wear a City shirt but over the years I have owned a couple of ‘baby blue’ t shirts and have to say, I looked divine in them.

Yeah I've seen the pictures of you, yes divine is correct!

I used to wear that Blue England away kit, when I used to be a fan.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24514 on: March 1, 2019, 10:48:48 am »
£650m kit deal with Puma
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/28/manchester-city-65m-a-year-kit-deal-10-seasons-puma

I wonder if there’s any commercial deal going Puma’s way via one of the City owners’s companies. That’s nearly as big as the United deal...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24515 on: March 1, 2019, 10:50:17 am »
Yeah I've seen the pictures of you, yes divine is correct!

I used to wear that Blue England away kit, when I used to be a fan.

Stalker alert!

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24516 on: March 1, 2019, 11:21:36 am »
I wonder if there’s any commercial deal going Puma’s way via one of the City owners’s companies. That’s nearly as big as the United deal...

Maybe the sheiks brother negotiated the deal..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/may/03/uae-sheikh-accusation-assualt-tape

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24517 on: March 1, 2019, 11:32:47 am »

I once wore something that used the the distributor cap from a Ford Mondeo, but that's another story.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24518 on: March 1, 2019, 11:41:37 am »
I once wore something that used the the distributor cap from a Ford Mondeo, but that's another story.

Always preferred the one's from Vauxhalls, slightly tighter.  ???
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #24519 on: March 1, 2019, 01:04:32 pm »
It's a pity they get to play their favourite opponent just when their injury crisis deepens. Bournemouth always lose against these.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.