Author Topic: Anime Anyone?  (Read 80149 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anime Anyone?
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2013, 01:28:42 pm »
I saw this:

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

And immediately thought of this:

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2013, 01:30:15 pm »
Not really into anime or manga much any more, but is Battle Angel worth a watch?

James Cameron is turning it into a film in 2017, I've read Elysium takes some ideas from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImWfSmESs0
Defo mate...one of my faves as a teenager! Still stands up well today, I watched it a few months back and still enjoyed it!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #242 on: September 2, 2013, 10:00:03 pm »
Just caught up to episode 21 of Attack on Titan.  Doesn't get any less bleak, does it?  Fucking hell.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #243 on: September 3, 2013, 02:24:50 am »
This Attack on Titan business sounds remarkably like Gantz.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: September 3, 2013, 05:13:55 am »
Just caught up to episode 21 of Attack on Titan.  Doesn't get any less bleak, does it?  Fucking hell.

I've read the manga is the anime worth watching them?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #245 on: September 3, 2013, 10:42:50 am »
I've not read the manga so I can't compare, but the anime is pretty good.  Gets right into it straight away.

Definitely worth a look.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #246 on: September 4, 2013, 11:14:41 am »

Had no idea they were on 21 now, I think I last saw ep 13 and found out that the next one was a recap, so I figured I'd wait a while for the next eps to pick up. Seems I waited 32- months without an ep without knowing ;D I'll catch up soon.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 4, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »
Had no idea they were on 21 now, I think I last saw ep 13 and found out that the next one was a recap, so I figured I'd wait a while for the next eps to pick up. Seems I waited 32- months without an ep without knowing ;D I'll catch up soon.
Watched 1-13 last night and whilst bleak/grim the bit that stood out for me is how much everyone loves to FUCKING SHOUT all the time!
If anyone's in any doubt, Eren wants to kill all of the Titan's! I think he means it too ;D

Anyone seen Code Geass? Any thoughts? Currently DLing it but it's 130-40gb and I'm wondering if it's worth it!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: September 4, 2013, 09:03:18 pm »
I fucking love the first season of Code Geass. So fabulous. I think they lost direction for the second season but its still decent viewing.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 5, 2013, 10:55:33 am »
I fucking love the first season of Code Geass. So fabulous. I think they lost direction for the second season but its still decent viewing.
Sound, it's still in my active downloads so will kick it off again and give it a go! If it's rubbish I'm sending Tetsuo round, so you better not be wearing a clown mask :o ::) ;D ;D ;D

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #250 on: September 5, 2013, 12:55:29 pm »
I'm watching "Blood Lad" and "Attack On Titan" these days, both quite good in very different ways.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2013, 11:06:18 am »
Started watching Attack on Titan following reccomendations off this thread. First time ive watched Anime since Akira and Cyber City days, yes that long!! Attack on Titan seems pretty good so far, up to episode 8. Does it delve into where the Titans come from eventually or is it all just them trying to survive.
Football is a lie

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2013, 11:34:43 am »
Started watching Attack on Titan following reccomendations off this thread. First time ive watched Anime since Akira and Cyber City days, yes that long!! Attack on Titan seems pretty good so far, up to episode 8. Does it delve into where the Titans come from eventually or is it all just them trying to survive.
Think it's key to the whole thing mate! So far it feels to me that we won't find out the full truth till season 2, great series even if it is a bit grim!

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2013, 12:41:42 pm »
Think it's key to the whole thing mate! So far it feels to me that we won't find out the full truth till season 2, great series even if it is a bit grim!

Cool. Do you know how many episodes are planned for Season 1? My wee Anime app (HD Anime for android which is brilliant by the way) shows about 21 episodes so far.
Football is a lie

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2013, 02:53:56 pm »
25 or 26 is the tradition. The manga comes out only monthly I think so the next season might not be for another 18-24 months.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2013, 05:36:49 pm »
22 Epsiodes so far....25 on the series, the last three being a thre part finale it would seem! As OsirisMVZ says though...fuck nose when the next series will drop!

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2013, 09:20:11 pm »
Are new episodes out weekly? Dont want to fly through to Epsiode 22 only to end up waiting ages for the last few episodes to air.
Football is a lie

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2013, 11:26:02 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »
Anyone seen Code Geass? Any thoughts? Currently DLing it but it's 130-40gb and I'm wondering if it's worth it!
But one could have picked up the 720 rip which was a lot smaller.

Or because you have a big one will you only take  a 1080. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2013, 09:18:14 am »
But one could have picked up the 720 rip which was a lot smaller.

Or because you have a big one will you only take  a 1080. ;D
Ha ha you and your bloody cock jokes! Getting worse than Shauno you lad!

The 1080 turned out to be shite....the audio was director commentary only and I couldn't get it to turn off! Had to delete it and go with the 720 option....good job that big fucker was free leech lol ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2013, 05:34:19 pm »
Ha ha you and your bloody cock jokes! Getting worse than Shauno you lad!

The 1080 turned out to be shite....the audio was director commentary only and I couldn't get it to turn off! Had to delete it and go with the 720 option....good job that big fucker was free leech lol ;)
Cock joke's?

I was referring to your 60 inch tv mate........he lies completely straight faced. ;D

I love freeleech.Nothing like a 50 gig 1080 film. ;D

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2013, 09:24:55 pm »
Just finished watching Ergo Proxy, does anyone else thinks it's boring? It starts ok, but then nothing really happens.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 3, 2013, 11:33:52 am »
So Attack on Titan finished last weekend, watched the last ep last night, curious to hear what people thought. I'm up to date on the manga and only really started watching the anime once it was in the last week of airing, then raced through it, have to say, was pretty impressed. There's been a ton of talk about it, probably the last thing I can remember getting this much attention was Gurren Lagann, and that was like 6? years ago, so I was a little skeptical, but for the most part it seemed to hold up.

I don't watch as much anime as I used to as a teenager, but I honestly can't remember watching anything as bleak as AoT, like a few posters above mentioned, ep 21's got the most depressing 10 minutes of anything I've seen, probably since GoT's red wedding. Not too happy with the changes they made from the manga to the S1 ending, but apart from that, it's been a good adaption. The manga's got a lot of pacing issues, understandably so given it's a once a month thing I guess, and they seemed to do a good job addressing that in the anime.

The manga's currently in its 12th volume, and the author's said he intends to end it by the 20th, although that can always change. Given how well the anime's been received it's hard to imagine they're not going to follow through, even if the second season's a couple years away. If it does stick to 20 volumes, I think that's 3 seasons, possibly 4 if they have a little bit of filler, saw one or two sequences of the anime that weren't in the manga, so not sure what the plan is there.

Prior to watching AoT I gave High School of the Dead a look, fucking hell talk about squandering potential in favor of constant fan-service, jesus. Ended up reading the manga afterwards to see if it was just an anime thing, but nope, that washroom scene's in there. Such a great concept, high-schoolers fighting off zombies, ruined by endless crotch and cleavage shots, bleh.

Also watched a couple movies on the back of reddit recommendations; Redline, a 2009 anime set in the future focusing on this underground race, very sci-fi, whacky, exhilarating, and most importantly, beautifully drawn. It's free on Youtube, in 1080p, if you want to check it out. Manga Entertainment's got a bunch of stuff uploaded there.

The other thing I saw yesterday was the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie. Didn't really know much about it beforehand, only seen bits and pieces of the anime growing up, so I had no idea how faithful an adaption was, and I ended up really enjoying it. It's got good choreography, not too many special effects, a solid score, and is a good watch. I'd love to know what people who are familiar with the original material thought of it, I've read it combined a few arcs and is ultimately one of the better live action adaptations out there.

"My post has been amended by autocorrect. Please report me to the site admins for being ignorant". - AoT was depressingly boss, HSotD is fan-service bullshit, Redline is gorgeous, Ruruoni Kenshin live-action adaptation worth a look.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 3, 2013, 11:40:22 am »
The writer, producer and director of TTGL are back this season (what were the odds of you mentioning it just now ;D) with a new show (their first since TTGL I think) called "Kill la Kill".

I've got the second half of AoT to watch. I don't read the manga but I've got friends who do and they're not really impressed with how certain things were handled but eh, what can you do. At least the show got an anime and is seemingly very successful. You have to sacrifice various bits of one medium when you adapt it for another. Theon's story being brought forward in GoT springs to mind, they couldn't just leave him gone for 2-3 seasons as the tv audience are used to him.

Kill la Kill starts tonight actually so have a look for a download tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2013, 11:48:10 am by OsirisMVZ »

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 3, 2013, 12:16:30 pm »
Oh neat, I had no idea Kill la Kill was starting so soon, thought that was still a month or two away. That and Space Dandy, the new series from the Cowboy Bebop creator, coming out in 2014, very excited.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 7, 2013, 02:00:36 pm »
Started watching Attack on Titan last night and ended up going through 10 or so episodes, it's pretty damn good. I'm still not sure what to make of what's happened so far, it could easily go down the same tired old route of most anime so we'll see.

It's the first show I've watched for a while in any case, I think the last was Baki the Grappler a couple of years ago.

Online The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 8, 2013, 01:06:43 am »
You mention that as the bleakest thing you've seen and yet you mention Rurouni Kenshin! :D did you see the OVA of it? Reflections I think it's called and it was a tearjerker-fest.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2013, 08:56:07 am »
The Reflection OVA pales in comparison to the excellent Trust & Betrayal ones. In fact I refuse to accept it as canon.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2013, 10:11:12 am »
Saw first episode of Kill La Kill last night and thought the animation style was boss, the story is random and obviously week, it's all about the action and animation which is extremelly cool

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2013, 10:44:47 am »
So through Attack on Titan, Code Geass and Highschool of the Dead! What's next?

Online Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2013, 11:13:37 pm »
So through Attack on Titan, Code Geass and Highschool of the Dead! What's next?

What type of anime are you really into? If I'm going to give generic suggestions then try Steins;Gate, Serial Experiments Lain, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Haibane Renmei and Baccano. All radically different types of anime but very much incredible in their own way.

Haibane Renmei is also by the same guy who did Lain. You can see subtle similarities between them (besides the animation) but they are two very much different works. Another great anime by him is Texhnolyze . Give it a shot if you like miserable and depressing as fuck Dystopia stuff.

For currently airing shows I'd recommend Kill La Kill for sure because the first episode alone is simply amazing and has boss music. It's shaping up to be the best anime of the season in my opinion, even if it is very very early to say.

I'd also recommend giving Coppelion a shot. Not too sure what to make of it and I've only seen the first episode (newest one just aired, will watch soon) and it can be summed up as "School girls go to post apocalyptic Tokyo". Because, you know, Japan. However that's only a little misleading as said girls are actually badass. Okay I'm being misleading there myself, only one of them is. It looks promising though with a pretty hard plot and the animation is pretty beautiful and very different. Would maybe be better with a changed main cast but like I said, Japan.

Finally if you're into slow paced, cutesy, slice of life with practically nothing happening then there's Non Non Biyori. Though I get a feeling I may be alone in liking this sort of thing  :lickin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2013, 11:14:20 pm »
The Reflection OVA pales in comparison to the excellent Trust & Betrayal ones. In fact I refuse to accept it as canon.
Oh yes, not even the creator thinks it's canon.

In fact, he even disowned that OVA due to being "too sad"!

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2013, 02:24:05 pm »
Two more series that are new/ongoing and I am currently watching have come across really good and fun, they are both to do with Vampires/Demons but in a lighthearted way and some magical combat, seems pretty good/fun!

Blood Lad

Strike The Blood

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:27:02 pm by PhilV »

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »
Oh yes, not even the creator thinks it's canon.

In fact, he even disowned that OVA due to being "too sad"!
Watching it as a kid was horrible.

From the bad ass who fought and beat Aoshi, Soujiro and Shishio in one day to his Reflection's character. Why does he need redemption anymore anyway? He's already got all of that from all the manga arcs.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »
More tickets for the Madoka "The Rebellion Story" movie are becoming available in screenings all across the USA with the latest one being in Manhattan. Meanwhile here in Europe we only have the one little screening in Paris and absolutely nothing at all in the UK. Being British is suffering.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2013, 07:34:22 pm »
Watching it as a kid was horrible.

From the bad ass who fought and beat Aoshi, Soujiro and Shishio in one day to his Reflection's character. Why does he need redemption anymore anyway? He's already got all of that from all the manga arcs.
Yeh, I too remember watching that as a kid, it was like Bambi's death times 100  :D

I didn't like it, but not because it was sad per se, but because it just felt like it "had" to be sad for no reason.

As if whoever did the OVA was trying to get it away from the moderately light-weight Manga and TV series content, and forcefully tried to make it more mature. For me, when things are so obviously forced like that, it just feels stupid. "Darkier and Edgier" for the sake of it is a no no. It can only happen when there's real meaning behind it and not for what I think they did that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »
Why does he need redemption anymore anyway? He's already got all of that from all the manga arcs.
And that actually kinda reminds me to the emo that Cloud from FFVII became in Advent Children and so on.

Character derailing like that pains me  :(

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2013, 09:04:20 am »
Tekkonkinkreet
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831888/
In Treasure Town, life can be both peaceful and violent. This is never truer than for our heroes, Black and White - two street kids who claim to traverse the urban city as if it were their own. But in this town, an undercurrent of evil exists and has its sights set on the pair of brothers, forcing them to engage in battle with an array of old-world Yakuza as well as dangerous assassins vying to rule the decaying metropolis, Treasure Town.

Stumbled into this the other day...one of the best slices of anime I've seen in ages, probably since Paprika! Absolutely fucking amazeballs! 8)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2014, 12:22:35 am »
After 3 episodes, I can say that Space Dandy is amazing!  I haven't laughed this hard at anything in ages.  It took a bit for me to get used to the Looney Tunes type humor, but it's brilliantly animated, and even without a plot, the writing and direction are outstanding.  Boobies!

Also enjoying Log Horizon for its brilliant premise and story.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2014, 11:41:17 am »
Watching Nobunagun and Buddy Complex atm, seems cool, really eager to see what is happening with Fairy Tail!

Log Horizon has dwindled down a bit too.

Strike The Blood still going good though
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:03:07 pm by PhilV »