Author Topic: Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assaults and abuse  (Read 6820 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assaults and abuse
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2023, 09:59:25 am »
Why do some of us men actually think that showing their genitalia to a (usually)relatively less ‘powerful’ woman increases their sexual desirability? From an anthropological and animal kingdom perspective, is it somewhat equivalent to males displaying the size of their horns? Perhaps it’s no coincidence that the men who do engage in such behaviour are also usually people who are considered ‘powerful’ in society and therefore ‘better able’ to sire and protect their progeny.
I don't think it's about increasing their sexual desirability though. It's more about power, control and attention.

In the animal kingdom, a stag showing the size of his horns and his fighting prowess might well be a big attractant to a female, but in that world the female is looking for and expecting such behaviour. It's part of their mating ritual.

In our world, getting your knob out in front of a female on a train or in the office is completely different. It's unexpected, unwelcome, and breaks the rules of social acceptability. Therefore, it's an aggressive act. In such circumstances, no female is going to be impressed and think "ooh, I'll have some of that."

The feelings of the victim have been completely disregarded for the gratification of the aggressor. Therefore, it's insulting and often frightening. That is not attractive, but it's not about that anyway.

Some men get off on female discomfort. It brings a sense of power. In that moment, they are getting a reaction. In that moment, they matter and are having an effect on a woman/girl. That can then arouse them because they get off on basically making a female squirm. It's about having power over someone.

Many who indulge in such behaviour are not powerful in daily life at all. Many are rather insignificant. Exposing themselves to unsuspecting females can alter that insignificance in their minds, at least momentarily. They go from basically being ignored by females to grabbing female attention by the throat simply by getting their dick out. That's not about trying to attract a female. It's about getting attention and having control over a female in a situation you have instigated. So, self gratification at the expense of their victim.

The rich and powerful who indulge in it might have slightly different motives mixed in. For some, it may be about entitlement. Some just think that money and power exempts them from the acceptable social norms and boundaries others have to follow. But again, that's wrapped up in power and the control money/celebrity often brings.

Some who do this kind of thing will be highly insignificant males who otherwise feel powerless and inept with women. Some will be rich, powerful males who feel entitled. But whichever side of that fence a person is on, flashing their bits to unsuspecting females is not about boosting ones attractiveness. It's more about asserting themselves, having control and getting a reaction.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 10:02:18 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2023, 09:59:30 am »
BBC have the audio up, not listened to it as like Trump, I cannot stand the c*nts voice.
Basically totally ignores it and goes straight in to conspiracy theories …. Weird
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2023, 10:10:50 am »
Basically totally ignores it and goes straight in to conspiracy theories …. Weird

No I meant the audio from the radio show.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2023, 10:42:53 am »
No I meant the audio from the radio show.
Oh, my mistake, sorry
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2023, 10:48:51 am »
Why do some of us men actually think that showing their genitalia to a (usually)relatively less ‘powerful’ woman increases their sexual desirability? From an anthropological and animal kingdom perspective, is it somewhat equivalent to males displaying the size of their horns? Perhaps it’s no coincidence that the men who do engage in such behaviour are also usually people who are considered ‘powerful’ in society and therefore ‘better able’ to sire and protect their progeny.

Some very weird takes on this thread.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2023, 10:56:22 am »

Absolutely, that one's a shocker.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2023, 11:53:14 am »
Absolutely, that one's a shocker.
I can see where he's coming from, but it's something that makes sense in the animal kingdom but doesn't really apply in humanity.

Simply, different reasons/motive behind the exhibitionism.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2023, 11:56:30 am »

That’s the default position for all sorts of narcissist type whacko’s.  ‘Fake news’, ‘deep state’, ‘mainstream media’, ‘global left’, etc.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2023, 12:54:55 pm »
The idea that the "State" considers him dangerous enough to hatch a conspiracy against him is far funnier that anything else he has ever come up with in his entire career.

He's got so used to having his ego stroked he's got completely addicted and disappeared up his own arsehole in pursuit of people still prepared to give him any attention.

I wonder how long ago it was that he stopped talking to the last person who would tell him he's chatting shite.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 12:56:33 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2023, 02:47:58 pm »
^
I was reading about that in the paper this morning and thought his narcissism had clearly got the better of him. Imagine thinking you're that important.

He doesn't need the 'deep state' on his case. He hangs himself with his own comments and behaviour.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2023, 03:19:13 pm »
Rape is Rape.

I believe the survivors of this verminous shitstain.

Why isn't he in custody?
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2023, 03:22:06 pm »
I know a few names were mentioned when we didn't know the allegations were going to be about Brand, and of course we can't discuss any here. This article suggests that problem runs very deep.

‘There are dozens of Russell Brands’: female comedians say abuse is rife

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2023, 08:23:17 pm »
Did the deep state make him expose himself and groom a 16 year old, then?

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2023, 09:20:01 pm »

Hang on. You actually thought l was somehow condoning Brand’s behaviour? If l came across like that, then l’ve failed in my messaging. I was just asking from a detracted anthropological perspective.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2023, 10:52:03 pm »
I know a few names were mentioned when we didn't know the allegations were going to be about Brand, and of course we can't discuss any here. This article suggests that problem runs very deep.

‘There are dozens of Russell Brands’: female comedians say abuse is rife

I can speak to the article and how prevalent it is - back from 2009-2011 I ran a comedy club in Leeds and part of that involved looking after the acts and often taking them out post show.

They way some of them spoke about female acts on the circuit and the fact that most of them would want taking to a strip club or out on the pull after - and the sheer ego on them - showed without a doubt what women in the industry and the wider world had to/have to put up with

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2023, 10:00:08 am »
I can speak to the article and how prevalent it is - back from 2009-2011 I ran a comedy club in Leeds and part of that involved looking after the acts and often taking them out post show.

They way some of them spoke about female acts on the circuit and the fact that most of them would want taking to a strip club or out on the pull after - and the sheer ego on them - showed without a doubt what women in the industry and the wider world had to/have to put up with

It's so grim, isn't it? And the disheartening thing is that the radical change that we need isn't going to happen. We'll get a new scandal in a decade or two, and we'll go all introspective again, but power dynamics will remain as they've been for far too long.

One thing's for certain though - I'm seeing those comedians who tell us we're just not getting their rape or murder jokes, that we're humourless prudes, very clearly now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2023, 10:38:10 am »
I see his biographer has done a sob story for him in the Independent, it's all to do with his dad don't you know. Whatever happened to people just taking responsibility for their actions? I know a lot of people who have had tough starts in their lives, but they haven't turned out like Brand. Many have used it as an inspiration to avoid the mistakes that they suffered at their parent's hands. That's the problem with life nowadays there are always people willing to make excuses for other people, no wonder so few are actually sorry for what they have done. I never liked Brand but even allowing for that it's been shocking what's been coming out about his behaviour. Well done to those women who've found the courage to no longer suffer in silence, but I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2023, 11:12:34 am »
Explaining it doesn't excuse it. Equally, innocent until proven guilty.

The police need to investigate and charge him. Have they received a formal complaint yet?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2023, 06:05:34 pm »
Apparently he was on social media today rambling about the ‘legacy media’ and its preventing free speech.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2023, 06:12:05 pm »
Apparently he was on social media today rambling about the ‘legacy media’ and its preventing free speech.

I'm pretty sure that CH4 news would love to get him in for an "interview", also pretty sure that the coward would refuse their calls.

In an online video broadcast shortly after the Met released its statement, Brand said it was "hard for me to be objective given events of the last week but that is what we must try to do".

Fucking c*nt has a god complex.

Police receive further allegations against comedian
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 06:16:22 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2023, 06:37:52 pm »
I never realised that he was so important as to merit such a conspiracy involving the deep state, legacy media, the police etc etc. He obviously thinks the establishment are in fear of him.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2023, 08:04:52 pm »
Thought it was odd years ago when he posted a pic of his then wife Katy Perry on social media, after he’d just woken her up in bed.

It appears he was particularly controlling in past relationships

https://news.sky.com/story/russell-brand-dannii-minogue-and-katy-perrys-past-warnings-about-comedian-resurface-12964271

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2023, 08:13:51 pm »
Thought it was odd years ago when he posted a pic of his then wife Katy Perry on social media, after he’d just woken her up in bed.

It appears he was particularly controlling in past relationships

https://news.sky.com/story/russell-brand-dannii-minogue-and-katy-perrys-past-warnings-about-comedian-resurface-12964271

Brand's supporters include tech billionaire Elon Musk and controversial influencer Andrew Tate - both of whom have defended the comedian online.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2023, 08:36:23 pm »
I never realised that he was so important as to merit such a conspiracy involving the deep state, legacy media, the police etc etc. He obviously thinks the establishment are in fear of him.

He's a malignant narcissist.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2023, 09:45:48 pm »
I don't think it's about increasing their sexual desirability though. It's more about power, control and attention.

In the animal kingdom, a stag showing the size of his horns and his fighting prowess might well be a big attractant to a female, but in that world the female is looking for and expecting such behaviour. It's part of their mating ritual.

In our world, getting your knob out in front of a female on a train or in the office is completely different. It's unexpected, unwelcome, and breaks the rules of social acceptability. Therefore, it's an aggressive act. In such circumstances, no female is going to be impressed and think "ooh, I'll have some of that."

The feelings of the victim have been completely disregarded for the gratification of the aggressor. Therefore, it's insulting and often frightening. That is not attractive, but it's not about that anyway.

Some men get off on female discomfort. It brings a sense of power. In that moment, they are getting a reaction. In that moment, they matter and are having an effect on a woman/girl. That can then arouse them because they get off on basically making a female squirm. It's about having power over someone.

Many who indulge in such behaviour are not powerful in daily life at all. Many are rather insignificant. Exposing themselves to unsuspecting females can alter that insignificance in their minds, at least momentarily. They go from basically being ignored by females to grabbing female attention by the throat simply by getting their dick out. That's not about trying to attract a female. It's about getting attention and having control over a female in a situation you have instigated. So, self gratification at the expense of their victim.

The rich and powerful who indulge in it might have slightly different motives mixed in. For some, it may be about entitlement. Some just think that money and power exempts them from the acceptable social norms and boundaries others have to follow. But again, that's wrapped up in power and the control money/celebrity often brings.

Some who do this kind of thing will be highly insignificant males who otherwise feel powerless and inept with women. Some will be rich, powerful males who feel entitled. But whichever side of that fence a person is on, flashing their bits to unsuspecting females is not about boosting ones attractiveness. It's more about asserting themselves, having control and getting a reaction.

You mistakenly presume all actions happen after rational consideration.

We may have the ability to reason, but we are still animals with millions of years of evolution as wild animals, and it's amazing how much of our behaviour is driven by primeval instinct.

Many people who commit acts that rational judges find wrong or even abhorrent will not be able to genuinely explain or even fully understand why they did what they did.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2023, 10:03:19 pm »

We may have the ability to reason, but we are still animals with millions of years of evolution as wild animals, and it's amazing how much of our behaviour is driven by primeval instinct.

Many people who commit acts that rational judges find wrong or even abhorrent will not be able to genuinely explain or even fully understand why they did what they did.

We've all done stuff that we look back on a think "why the fuck did I do that" but not once have I ever even considered whipping my cock out at work and flashing a colleague. I agree with SoS, its about trying to get power over the woman, and usually by weak men. Brand probably had the shit kicked out of him at school, the vile fucking creep.
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2023, 10:10:27 pm »
More historic allegations being made

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66918331

The Metropolitan Police says it will investigate fresh allegations of "non-recent" sexual offences following media reports about comedian Russell Brand.

The force has received a "number of allegations of sexual offences" in London and elsewhere in the country, but says no arrests have been made.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2023, 11:18:59 pm »

I don't make that assumption.

I, like most people, have done things I look back on and wonder what on earth I was doing. We can all make irrational decisions and act on them at some point and in a certain set of circumstances.

What we are talking about in the thread is not really that, though. It's more about a long standing pattern of behaviour rather than a one-off irrational action we may or may not regret later.

I definitely take your point about primeval instinct though. It's not lost on me how quickly humanity can easily slip back to some very dark, animalistic behaviour in, say, times of war.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2023, 11:47:58 pm »
What I really struggle with is those fucking dopes who apparently gave him a standing ovation at a gig in London after the first accusations came to light.

Now, I admit to having a very dim view of the average overprivileged London metropolitan gobshite, but surely even those self obsessed fools cant be that stupid. Innocent until proven guilty is one thing, but applauding someone like that after stuff like this comes out is fucking nuts.

I find the whole thing rather , Erm, baroque.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2023, 12:13:20 am »

I, like most people, have done things I look back on and wonder what on earth I was doing. We can all make irrational decisions and act on them at some point and in a certain set of circumstances.

What we are talking about in the thread is not really that, though. It's more about a long standing pattern of behaviour rather than a one-off irrational action we may or may not regret later.

I definitely take your point about primeval instinct though. It's not lost on me how quickly humanity can easily slip back to some very dark, animalistic behaviour in, say, times of war.
It defines why humans like to be seen as different to animals, if you look at the Russian Soldiers in Berlin in 1945, the Russians in the Ukraine now, Germany in 2015/16, Delhi in 2012 (and many more) you see an inability for many men to recognise (or care about) the impact of their actions on their victims. The current allegations against Brand are not too different, albeit solitary, it's about power, selfishness, lack of awareness and basically not giving a shit about the emotions of another human being. I don't understand it (like many other things) but I do see that choices that some people make define our species as not much better than the creatures we look down upon. Why some do recognise it and others don't is, I suppose, they key to whether we get better or worse. Those that look to the likes of Andrew Tate will inevitibly drag us backwards, again.

We were shocked by Saville now Brand is applauded and Trump gets elected.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 12:15:22 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2023, 12:37:03 am »
I think that's a bit of a stretch BBN

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2023, 07:29:28 am »
There is some truly awful comments in this thread from, its just nature to victim blaming.

As someone who has been on the end of something being consensual to it not being consensual (even explicitly stating no or stop), some of you need to maybe take a step back and reflect.

It might make you uncomfortable but use it to change.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2023, 08:01:33 am »

Now, I admit to having a very dim view of the average overprivileged London metropolitan gobshite, but surely even those self obsessed fools cant be that stupid.

Yeah this is definitely a north/south issue. Well done.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2023, 08:05:01 am »
Hang on. You actually thought l was somehow condoning Brand’s behaviour? If l came across like that, then l’ve failed in my messaging. I was just asking from a detracted anthropological perspective.

You’ve confused “detached anthropological perspecrive with “pseudoscientific  sociobiological bollocks”

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2023, 08:06:24 am »

This is the thing isn't it. He's flashed at women, he's admitted he pesters women for sex until they give in, he asked Vanessa Phelps on telly if he could shag her daughter, she shut him down before he could suggest a mother/daughter threesome, the whole "he fucked your Granddaughter" with Sachs, he's a fucking creep. I wonder if he's ever asked a man could he shag his daughter?, I doubt it the fucking shithouse.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2023, 10:00:59 am »
I think that's a bit of a stretch BBN

Maybe, I think I have had to deal with way too much of how these things wreck people's lives and sometimes kill them so I am a little biased.
aarf, aarf, aarf.