Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459426 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #62560 on: September 24, 2021, 10:10:39 am »
Is it worth the hassle though? Maybe it is, but loads of vaccinated people are carrying and spreading the virus anyway and the vaccine take up has always been high.

It'll still rip through the unvaccinated schools where kids will spread it back to their vaccinated parents.

Based on my assumption that higher proportions of non-vaccinated people (than vaccinated) are carrying & spreading the virus, and presumably at a significantly higher risk of getting severely ill or worse, I'm inclined to think that, yes, it is worth the hassle.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #62561 on: September 24, 2021, 10:16:38 am »
Where's the money coming from?

Magic Money Tree
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62562 on: September 24, 2021, 10:16:39 am »
I just don't get how hundreds of deaths a day is acceptable now. Last year we all were under police lockdown and we had single and double figure deaths some days.

This country is a fucking shambles.

Cutting the social care bill by a different method.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #62563 on: September 24, 2021, 10:28:35 am »
Ask the NHS, seeing as they are seeing mainly unvaccinated patients being admitted, 75% was the figure I saw the other week.

It shows the virulence of the variant. Unvaccinated aren't going to be shut away at home even if the passports come in though. And there's some settings where vaccine passports are just unworkable (a lot of pubs/shops etc) so they're still going to be spreading the virus, as would the vaccinated.

As I say, i'm not saying don't do it, but for all the hassle it'd be, and the shitstorms, kick offs and marches etc, it's doubtful just how much effect it'd have.

If we have everything open then it's going to spread, passports or not. Unvaccinated schools are a key spreader.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62564 on: September 24, 2021, 10:46:14 am »
I just don't get how hundreds of deaths a day is acceptable now. Last year we all were under police lockdown and we had single and double figure deaths some days.

This country is a fucking shambles.

It's acceptable in the same sense that deaths from other illnesses are acceptable I guess.  You cannot shut things down forever.  The majority of people are vaccinated now, 90% of hosp[ital admissions are unvaccinated.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62565 on: September 24, 2021, 12:43:17 pm »
Fuck fuck fuck, my lads tested positive, rest of us off for tests today
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62566 on: September 24, 2021, 01:04:40 pm »
It's acceptable in the same sense that deaths from other illnesses are acceptable I guess.  You cannot shut things down forever.  The majority of people are vaccinated now, 90% of hosp[ital admissions are unvaccinated.

That's not correct. It may apply to a small subsection - eg a younger age group like 18-29 year olds - in isolation, but the full picture is very different.

In those aged over 50, more than half of overnight hospital inpatient admissions are people who have been fully vaccinated. This may sound counter intuitive or alarming, but it's an indication that the population denominator of people in those age groups that have been vaccinated is so much higher than the number of people not vaccinated.

Source: You can see this in PHE's latest Vaccine Surveillance report this week. Table 3 on pg 14 of the report here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

Want to make sure I don't leave this on a negative note. Take a look at Figure 5a and 5b on page 25 - the effect the vaccine coverage has had on expected hospitalisations for everyone aged 45 and up is astounding. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:12:36 pm by Classycara »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #62567 on: September 24, 2021, 01:18:59 pm »
Fuck fuck fuck, my lads tested positive, rest of us off for tests today

:(

Hope the rest of the tests come back in the negatory and your lad turns it all into a joyous personal break from school... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62568 on: September 24, 2021, 01:24:12 pm »
:(

Hope the rest of the tests come back in the negatory and your lad turns it all into a joyous personal break from school... :wave

Oh he's just going to annoy the shit out of us. Youngests birthday is Sunday, he's gutted.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62569 on: September 24, 2021, 04:25:30 pm »
Source: You can see this in PHE's latest Vaccine Surveillance report this week. Table 3 on pg 14 of the report here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

Want to make sure I don't leave this on a negative note. Take a look at Figure 5a and 5b on page 25 - the effect the vaccine coverage has had on expected hospitalisations for everyone aged 45 and up is astounding. 

What's that mean in layman's terms?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62570 on: September 24, 2021, 05:07:00 pm »
35623 new cases and 180 deaths reported today.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62571 on: September 24, 2021, 06:01:04 pm »
Booster jab booked in for a week on Monday for me :)

mate has the 3rd booster jab programme started. I know my mum and myself got our second jabs in May? Will it have to be done though a GP again?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62572 on: September 24, 2021, 06:07:22 pm »
Where's the money coming from?
The Bank of England, the national debt is so high that a few billion more won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62573 on: September 24, 2021, 06:09:58 pm »
Didn't get vaccinated because "he doesn't go out much" - now dead

Wife double jabbed nothing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/unvaccinated-dad-38-dies-covid-25063850

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62574 on: September 24, 2021, 06:15:43 pm »
mate has the 3rd booster jab programme started. I know my mum and myself got our second jabs in May? Will it have to be done though a GP again?

It has mate yes. You'll be eligible after 6 months. You should be able to book them via the national booking service this time https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

I was able to book mine through there but my 6 months ends in 4 days time

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62575 on: September 24, 2021, 06:19:30 pm »

That’s actually a heartbreaking article. Poor kids.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #62576 on: September 24, 2021, 06:24:24 pm »

Heartbreaking but avoidable. Like not wearing a seat belt or crash helmet avoidable.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62577 on: September 24, 2021, 06:35:22 pm »
It has mate yes. You'll be eligible after 6 months. You should be able to book them via the national booking service this time https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

I was able to book mine through there but my 6 months ends in 4 days time

So you need to wait 6 months since your second jab to be able to book your 3rd Jab. So 6 months from May in our case

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62578 on: September 24, 2021, 06:38:51 pm »
So you need to wait 6 months since your second jab to be able to book your 3rd Jab. So 6 months from May in our case

Yes mate, just make a note of when you had your second dose and then use the link to book your booster closer to the time. I've got mine booked for Hornsey Health Centre which would be a breeze for you to get to

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62579 on: September 24, 2021, 06:45:07 pm »
Yes mate, just make a note of when you had your second dose and then use the link to book your booster closer to the time. I've got mine booked for Hornsey Health Centre which would be a breeze for you to get to

thanks mate for always being  reassuring and knowledgeable in such matters. It is very much valued. 

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62580 on: September 24, 2021, 08:08:32 pm »
I got a text with a link to the booking site, so if they've got your mobile it may come that way. I got mine because of having the jab in a trial in December/February, so I show as being beyond the 6 months. It was all amazingly efficient.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62581 on: September 24, 2021, 08:22:44 pm »
yes I know and needn't have happened

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62582 on: September 24, 2021, 08:26:07 pm »

Antu vaxx c*nts spamming the comments section, I wish these twats would fucking get it and die die die.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #62583 on: September 24, 2021, 10:03:08 pm »
Got an email through about vaccination starting soon at my son’s school.

I should know this and I have had a look on government sites and can’t see anything specific but are the vaccines done for someone with allergies and asthma?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62584 on: September 24, 2021, 10:09:15 pm »
Got an email through about vaccination starting soon at my son’s school.

I should know this and I have had a look on government sites and can’t see anything specific but are the vaccines done for someone with allergies and asthma?

My wife and her sister were both put in Group 6 due to Asthma, both double jabbed by mid May.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #62585 on: September 24, 2021, 10:14:45 pm »
My wife and her sister were both put in Group 6 due to Asthma, both double jabbed by mid May.

Not sure what I meant to type instead of ‘done’ there but just meant is he ok in terms of side effects. More from the allergy point of view than the asthma but I’ll check with the school nurse.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62586 on: September 24, 2021, 10:22:14 pm »
Not sure what I meant to type instead of ‘done’ there but just meant is he ok in terms of side effects. More from the allergy point of view than the asthma but I’ll check with the school nurse.

The missus was fine after her jab as was her sister and they didn't really make any mention of the asthma when they were giving them the jabs. Your GP will be the best to ask I'd have thought as they know your lad.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62587 on: September 24, 2021, 10:30:09 pm »
Antu vaxx c*nts spamming the comments section, I wish these twats would fucking get it and die die die.
Don't want to read their shite, but what's the jist of their argument here about this?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #62588 on: September 24, 2021, 10:32:15 pm »
Just watched BBC news showing table of select vaccinated countries by %.

UK was 5th with 68%...below it Netherlands on 64%.

yet the official Dutch Health service reporting approx 80% ....so then...someone not telling the truth..surely not the BBC......

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62589 on: September 24, 2021, 10:34:25 pm »
Don't want to read their shite, but what's the jist of their argument here about this?

Just the usual the vaccine kills more than covid, you don't need the vaccine anyway kind of shite.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62590 on: September 24, 2021, 10:49:36 pm »

yet the official Dutch Health service reporting approx 80% ....so then...someone not telling the truth..surely not the BBC......

Weirdly a lot of countries seem to have trouble counting those vaccinated. The mix of vaccine centres, GPs, pop-up vaccine stations seem to make it difficult to get official figures. In the UK, every jab eventually shows up on your NHS record, but not all countries have a centralised health service.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #62591 on: September 24, 2021, 10:50:40 pm »

Depends on the number you look at I think. I've had quick look and on the worldwide overview of vaccinations the Netherlands are below the UK in total vaccinations so far and I think the numbers are roughly the same as you're quoting from the BBC (they might have them from there). And I think that's doses in relation to population.
I don't know any real dutch, but from what I understand on their official website it says that as of Monday this week they have administered 23 million doses, a bit more than 12 million first doses and then more than 10 million as second doses. And there it says that 86 percent of all over 18-year-olds have received at least one dose and 80 percent are fully vaccinated. So, they're using only the people over 18. I think that might be where the difference comes from, so the BBC might  have the right numbers...

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #62592 on: September 24, 2021, 10:57:09 pm »

Yeah, Unvaccinated Lives Matter apparently.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62593 on: September 24, 2021, 11:27:40 pm »
Depends on the number you look at I think. I've had quick look and on the worldwide overview of vaccinations the Netherlands are below the UK in total vaccinations so far and I think the numbers are roughly the same as you're quoting from the BBC (they might have them from there). And I think that's doses in relation to population.
I don't know any real dutch, but from what I understand on their official website it says that as of Monday this week they have administered 23 million doses, a bit more than 12 million first doses and then more than 10 million as second doses. And there it says that 86 percent of all over 18-year-olds have received at least one dose and 80 percent are fully vaccinated. So, they're using only the people over 18. I think that might be where the difference comes from, so the BBC might  have the right numbers...

Check out the Dutch Heath service site in English..

https://www.rivm.nl/en

The total vaccine figures are up to date.

They are reporting in the 80% area for vaccines.

the only area they match BBC figures is in 18 to 30 age group.

The Dutch are anal as fuck..as a result they qualify and explain every statement

Dutch inc teen vaccinations which may contribute to discrepancy.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 11:45:09 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #62594 on: September 24, 2021, 11:47:04 pm »
Check out the Dutch Heath service site in English..

https://www.rivm.nl/en

The total vaccine figures are up to date.

They are reporting in the 80% area for vaccines.

the only area they match BBC figures is in 18 to 30 age group.

The Dutch are anal as fuck..as a result they qualify and explain every statement

cant see where  16% discrepancies arises tween them and BBC.

Yes, but they're giving the percentage of vaccinated people in relation to the people who can actually receive the vaccine, which is everyone older than 18 (and in addition to that everyone older than 12 since they've started vaccinating them as well). It says so in their news section:

By Sunday 19 September, it is estimated that 23.4 million vaccinations had been administered in the Netherlands. More than 12.7 million of those were first vaccinations, and more than 10.6 million were second vaccinations. It is estimated that 86.0% of all people over 18 have received a first vaccination, and 82.1% are fully vaccinated. Looking at all people over 12 years old, 83.5% have received a first vaccination, and 79.6% are fully vaccinated.

So, if you only look at the group of people that can get vaccinated (because they are the right age), they have 82.1 or 79.6 (if you include over 12s) fully vaccinated. However, according to wikipedia the Netherlands have a population of 17 million people, if you look at that in relation to vaccinations (by their own numbers, they've administered 23 million doses in total), the percentage is a lot lower than 80 percent and the 60-something percent seems to roughly add up.

Same goes for the UK-numbers. The official numbers say that among the people over 16 years old 89.6 percent have received at least one dose, with 82.1 percent fully vaccinated. Again, that's only the number of vaccinated people in relation to the amount of people who could potentially be vaccinated, because they are 16 years or older. If you look at the total population the percentage is lower and again, the 60-something number adds up. The UK has a population of 66 million people. 93 million doses were administered with 48 million people having gotten their first shot, and 44 million being fully vaccinated.

So, I think it's right that both in the Netherlands and in the UK roughly two thirds of the total population have been vaccinated. It fits the official numbers in both countries.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 11:49:20 pm by stoa »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62595 on: September 25, 2021, 12:08:59 am »
I read further into it and amended my initial post to say inc of 12 to 18s...a million so that does swerve it ...plus Jansen is a one dose hit not sure they have in UK....also people who had Covid plus one vaccination deemed vaccinated.

Just goes to prove the adage statistics are like mini skirts.
.they give you an indication of whats going on but you don't see what you really want to.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:12:59 am by FlashingBlade »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #62597 on: September 25, 2021, 12:27:11 am »
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-who-was-released-from-a-co-donegal-hospital-by-anti-vaccination-campaigners-against-medical-advice-has-died-in-hospital-40886238.html

Such a waste.

These anti-vaxxers are really scumbags. Surely they can be prosecuted for manslaughter in this instance?

Poor fella. Terrified for his life, panicking, doesn't know what to believe and they con him into basically suicide. Absolutely tragic. :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62598 on: September 25, 2021, 12:48:36 am »
Such a waste.

These anti-vaxxers are really scumbags. Surely they can be prosecuted for manslaughter in this instance?

Poor fella. Terrified for his life, panicking, doesn't know what to believe and they con him into basically suicide. Absolutely tragic. :(

You just know the anti-vaxxers are going to claim they were right in their call that he would die in hospital.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #62599 on: September 25, 2021, 06:53:44 am »
Easy to say this with hindsight, but why are the family slamming his 'friends' now. Where were they when he was being discharged?
I doubt the medical staff could have called security \ the police to get the anti vaxxers removed for endangering life. But they should be able to.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.