Author Topic: Ipad Repairs  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
Ipad Repairs
« on: November 5, 2018, 01:23:46 pm »
Anyone in the Liverpool area recommend somewhere where i can get an Ipad battery replaced?
I've had a quote for £60.00 from The Phone Surgery already.
If thats an average sort of price i'll take it to them but if there's anyone else thats recommended i'll try them.
Ta

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ipad Repairs
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2018, 01:41:55 pm »
Anyone in the Liverpool area recommend somewhere where i can get an Ipad battery replaced?
I've had a quote for £60.00 from The Phone Surgery already.
If thats an average sort of price i'll take it to them but if there's anyone else thats recommended i'll try them.
Ta

Don't you trust yourself to be able to do it ?  A battery is £25-40,some come with the tools but if it doesn't then they're around £6
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2018, 04:00:09 pm »
I've not had anything fixed in there myself but my Dad has taken a few things into Mr Fix-It or whatever its called near Tesco on County Road. They're reasonably priced and he said they get it done quick.

https://www.fixitliverpool.co.uk/tablet-ipad-repair-liverpool

From Apple themselves its about £90, just to bear that in mind.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2018, 09:49:09 am »

Don't you trust yourself to be able to do it ?  A battery is £25-40,some come with the tools but if it doesn't then they're around £6

I'm not that confident at doing it to be honest!!!

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: November 6, 2018, 09:49:29 am »
I've not had anything fixed in there myself but my Dad has taken a few things into Mr Fix-It or whatever its called near Tesco on County Road. They're reasonably priced and he said they get it done quick.

https://www.fixitliverpool.co.uk/tablet-ipad-repair-liverpool

From Apple themselves its about £90, just to bear that in mind.

Thanks Claire i'll have a look

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2018, 10:20:41 am »
I wouldn't normally advocate first-party repairs, but with regards to batteries, I'd go to Apple. I had my Mac Air battery replaced third party and it was an absolute shambles, with no warranty and hastened its eventual demise by 6+ months.

Happy for someone to tell me otherwise, but Apple's battery tech seems quite closely linked to the OS in terms of registering accurate remaining charge and how it charges.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 9, 2018, 12:04:26 pm »
Go with apple if you can afford it imo