Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 316521 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Serie A
« Reply #2480 on: May 11, 2021, 11:26:58 am »
Obviously not the same thing, but it's been done before!
True! Maybe I should've said they can't afford to remove them from the league structure entirely!

That season, Serie B jumped up to the 6th most watched league in Europe, when previously it was around the 17th. It then dropped back down to 15th when Juve got promoted.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2481 on: May 12, 2021, 08:59:34 pm »
AC Milan cruising against Torino, if they win their final two after this they'll be back in the Champions League for the first time in several years. Juventus have Inter next too, which will be tough even after Inter are already home and dry.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2482 on: May 12, 2021, 09:30:37 pm »
AC Milan cruising against Torino, if they win their final two after this they'll be back in the Champions League for the first time in several years. Juventus have Inter next too, which will be tough even after Inter are already home and dry.
The pressure is all on Juve. Inter wouldn't give them an easy life as well. Pretty much everyone in Italy are rooting against Juventus.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2483 on: May 12, 2021, 09:33:41 pm »
Top 4 in Italy all winning so Juventus still 5th.

AC Milan 7-0 up.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2484 on: May 12, 2021, 09:44:25 pm »
Top 4 in Italy all winning so Juventus still 5th.

AC Milan 7-0 up.
All without Big Nose slowing everything down and hogging all the limelight.

I'm sure we can all agree that the funniest outcome of the remaining games - apart from Juventus not finishing in the top 4 - would be for Roma to qualify for the Europa Conference thingy next season.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: May 15, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »
How was that a penalty?  Ronaldo missed the pen, but put in the rebound anyway, but for me, was not a pen in the first place

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2486 on: May 15, 2021, 06:46:58 pm »
Juve 2-2 and down to 10 men...its bleak

Oh my goodness...penalty for Juve. Pretty soft but I dont know these days
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:48:33 pm by b_joseph »

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2487 on: May 15, 2021, 07:04:03 pm »
Wild game, even the Cheillini OG was harsh, seemed like a fouled by Lukaku. Keeps Juve alive in the top 4 race.

The Milan/Atalanta game will be huge and possibly a shootout for top 4.
True North Strong

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2488 on: May 15, 2021, 07:07:59 pm »
Wild game, even the Cheillini OG was harsh, seemed like a fouled by Lukaku. Keeps Juve alive in the top 4 race.

The Milan/Atalanta game will be huge and possibly a shootout for top 4.

Atalanta are already guaranteed top 4 now, Milan too if they beat Cagliari. Juve need to hope Fiorentina don't roll over tomorrow to screw them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: May 15, 2021, 07:11:00 pm »
Definitely was not a penalty. Keeps things poised with two games left. Torino staying up through the collective incompetence of the teams below them, rather than their own quality. Awful season for them.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2490 on: May 15, 2021, 07:13:32 pm »
Atalanta are already guaranteed top 4 now, Milan too if they beat Cagliari. Juve need to hope Fiorentina don't roll over tomorrow to screw them.

Oh, did not check the head to heads. Fiorentina are dismal this season, Napoli should beat them anyways.
True North Strong

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2491 on: May 15, 2021, 11:04:26 pm »
Oh, did not check the head to heads. Fiorentina are dismal this season, Napoli should beat them anyways.
Without saying Fiorentina will throw the game, it’s safe to say that a large section of their fans will be cheering on Napoli.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2492 on: May 15, 2021, 11:06:50 pm »
Napoli are notorious bottle jobs though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2493 on: May 15, 2021, 11:11:30 pm »
This is also true. It’s definitely the decisive game now though, Napoli win and they’re in.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2494 on: May 16, 2021, 12:59:20 pm »
That was a lovely goal. Big deflection but still, nice move.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: May 16, 2021, 01:04:48 pm »
Down to Milan later to complete the 'keeping Juve out of CL' alive.

Milan last game of the season is against Atalanta. Napoli is against Verona and Juventus is against Bolonga.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2496 on: May 16, 2021, 01:53:33 pm »
Napoli close to the CL again. Think Gattuso has done a good job. If they can keep they're best players and add a few more they could really be pushing themselves to challenge over the next couple of seasons.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #2497 on: May 16, 2021, 10:09:42 pm »
With the results this weekend, it looks like Juve have to win their last game vs Bologna & hope 1 of Napoli or Milan don't win. Napoli & Milan have to match Juve's result for Juve to miss out on CL.

If points are equal, Milan would be ahead of Napoli & Juve (better GD in head to heads), Napoli would be head of Juve (better overall GD as the head to head is 1 win each & 2 goals for & 2 against).

Could be an interesting last day.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2498 on: May 16, 2021, 10:10:40 pm »
Napoli close to the CL again. Think Gattuso has done a good job. If they can keep they're best players and add a few more they could really be pushing themselves to challenge over the next couple of seasons.

I think so as well. he won them a cup last year, and he's close to bringing them back to Europe again.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2499 on: May 16, 2021, 10:13:29 pm »
This may not be 100% verified but I’d heard Gattuso is leaving at the end of the season? He’s done a decent job though and quite some turnaround after the revolt during Ancelotti’s time.

Unfortunately, it’s long been the same with Napoli - so close. Always coming second to Juve, often falling away after leading. This year, Juve haven’t been the challenge but Inter have stepped up and Napoli’s own form has been poor by their standards, albeit they’ve been very good of late.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2500 on: May 16, 2021, 10:26:18 pm »
I think so as well. he won them a cup last year, and he's close to bringing them back to Europe again.

Yep, he's doing a really decent job there, baffled by the reports every week that he's leaving and so are the players judging by some of the goals they've celebrated with him. 79 points and CL qualification is a good haul if they win next week and scoring fuck loads of goals again, not sure what's going on but if they are sacking him I think that'd be a bit mad. Thought he done decent at Milan too, nearly getting them back in the CL given how bad that squad was at the time was pretty good.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2501 on: May 16, 2021, 10:34:08 pm »
Yep, he's doing a really decent job there, baffled by the reports every week that he's leaving and so are the players judging by some of the goals they've celebrated with him. 79 points and CL qualification is a good haul if they win next week and scoring fuck loads of goals again, not sure what's going on but if they are sacking him I think that'd be a bit mad. Thought he done decent at Milan too, nearly getting them back in the CL given how bad that squad was at the time was pretty good.
The talk amongst locals is of a personality clash with De Laurentiis (surprise surprise) and that Gattuso hasn’t settled in Naples and wants to move north again. He’s being linked heavily with the Fiorentina job (which could work but he’d have meagre talent at his disposal).

De Laurentiis has been flirting with Sarri in the press and I’d imagine, in his mind, as Sarri got them so close, he may believe he can take them all the way next season if Juve continue to flounder and Inter have to sell key players. It’s not that implausible or stupid by De Laurentiis, although it seems a shame to deny Gattuso’s potential to do the same.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2502 on: May 17, 2021, 01:34:17 am »
Juventus will easily beat Bologna. Atalanta are already there and Napoli will beat Verona. That leaves Milan needing a win against Atalanta.

They massively fucked up by not beating Cagliari at home today. I reckon Milan will finish 5th. Juventus could have been done today.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2503 on: May 17, 2021, 01:53:21 am »
Terrible result for Milan but I'm pretty sure Juve don't have any of the tiebreakers in their favor so odds are still good they miss out.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2504 on: May 17, 2021, 02:07:23 am »
Terrible result for Milan but I'm pretty sure Juve don't have any of the tiebreakers in their favor so odds are still good they miss out.

Juve need to beat Bologna which means Milan would need to beat Atalanta. I think Juve's job is far easier.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2505 on: May 17, 2021, 07:33:16 am »
Juve need to beat Bologna which means Milan would need to beat Atalanta. I think Juve's job is far easier.
Atalanta already guaranteed top 4 so I can see them resting a lot of players for that match.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: May 17, 2021, 08:13:44 am »
The talk amongst locals is of a personality clash with De Laurentiis (surprise surprise) and that Gattuso hasn’t settled in Naples and wants to move north again. He’s being linked heavily with the Fiorentina job (which could work but he’d have meagre talent at his disposal).

De Laurentiis has been flirting with Sarri in the press and I’d imagine, in his mind, as Sarri got them so close, he may believe he can take them all the way next season if Juve continue to flounder and Inter have to sell key players. It’s not that implausible or stupid by De Laurentiis, although it seems a shame to deny Gattuso’s potential to do the same.

Ah, cheers mate, yeah that's no surprise at all given both could start a fight in an empty room  ;D Sarri going back would be interesting, they are only a couple of pieces away I think so if they have a good summer, some more good coaching they'd have a cracking chance. Gattuso would be a good appointment for Fiorentina but he'd need some time and cash spent, would love to see them get good again, always liked them, quality city, all the boss players they've had over the years and weirdly I love the goal nets they have  :D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2507 on: May 17, 2021, 10:49:13 am »
Fascinating final day ahead.

I think if Napoli win and Atalanta draw, Napoli would take 2nd on h2h GD. Napoli beat Atalanta 4-1 at home and lost 2-4 away so they'd be +1 on h2h GD.
Juventus can finish as high as 3rd if they win and Milan draw/lose and Napoli draw/lose.
Atalanta will secure 2nd with a win v Milan but draw or lose and they could drop to 4th if Napoli win.
if Milan beat Atalanta they go to 79pts but would finish 3rd below Napoli on their h2h record if Napoli win.

Atalanta v Milan
Napoli v Verona
Bologna v Juve

Atalanta 78pts
Milan 76pts
Napoli 76pts
Juve 75pts
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:59:30 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2508 on: May 17, 2021, 12:01:07 pm »
Fascinating final day ahead.

I think if Napoli win and Atalanta draw, Napoli would take 2nd on h2h GD. Napoli beat Atalanta 4-1 at home and lost 2-4 away so they'd be +1 on h2h GD.
Juventus can finish as high as 3rd if they win and Milan draw/lose and Napoli draw/lose.
Atalanta will secure 2nd with a win v Milan but draw or lose and they could drop to 4th if Napoli win.
if Milan beat Atalanta they go to 79pts but would finish 3rd below Napoli on their h2h record if Napoli win.

Atalanta v Milan
Napoli v Verona
Bologna v Juve

Atalanta 78pts
Milan 76pts
Napoli 76pts
Juve 75pts
Milan really fucked up not winning at the weekend.

Also Juve of course get a penalty in the 90th minute. They are definitely going to get in unfortunately.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2509 on: May 17, 2021, 12:03:05 pm »
Atalanta already guaranteed top 4 so I can see them resting a lot of players for that match.
Hopefully to fuck over Juve. Will be good for the whole of Serie A if they don't get top 4.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2510 on: May 17, 2021, 12:14:53 pm »
They are definitely going to get in unfortunately.

Nothing definite about it to be honest. It's not in their hands. A draw will do Milan. Napoli just need to win at home where their form has been excellent and v a team with nothing to play for.

Coppa final on Weds too of course - Atalanta v Juve
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2511 on: May 17, 2021, 12:19:04 pm »
Is Pirlo going to be there next season? Have they finished with that experiment now?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2512 on: May 17, 2021, 12:35:57 pm »
Is Pirlo going to be there next season? Have they finished with that experiment now?

I think he'll be gone. Was a daft decision given his lack of experience.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2513 on: May 17, 2021, 05:30:55 pm »
Trying to find an explainer for the Serie A tiebreakers as they are a bit confusing.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: May 17, 2021, 05:56:35 pm »
Trying to find an explainer for the Serie A tiebreakers as they are a bit confusing.

I think Atalanta, Napoli and Milan beat Juve on the head to head, but if Juve win their last game they sneak in if Milan or Napoli don't win.

Pathetic of Milan not to beat Cagliari at home, they'd have been confirmed top 4. Now they'll probably have to win away at Atalanta. Atalanta may not be that up for it though after a cup final in midweek and if they lose to Juve, they'll be less keen to do them a favour, perhaps.

Atalanta/Inter also have a friendly relationship with the fans IIRC. However, Inter would probably prefer Juve miss out.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2515 on: May 17, 2021, 05:57:38 pm »
I think Atalanta, Napoli and Milan beat Juve on the head to head, but if Juve win their last game they sneak in if Milan or Napoli don't win.

Pathetic of Milan not to beat Cagliari at home, they'd have been confirmed top 4. Now they'll probably have to win away at Atalanta. Atalanta may not be that up for it though after a cup final in midweek and if they lose to Juve, they'll be less keen to do them a favour, perhaps.

I believe Juve lose the tiebreaker to all of them but am trying to get that confirmed.  Have been trying to find a tip sheet or something similar.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2516 on: May 17, 2021, 05:58:31 pm »
I believe Juve lose the tiebreaker to all of them but am trying to get that confirmed.  Have been trying to find a tip sheet or something similar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%9321_Serie_A

In fairness to Juve they'd sneak in with 78 points. Has any team missed a CL place with that many (with top 4 qualifying)?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2517 on: May 17, 2021, 06:05:23 pm »
Nothing definite about it to be honest. It's not in their hands. A draw will do Milan. Napoli just need to win at home where their form has been excellent and v a team with nothing to play for.

Coppa final on Weds too of course - Atalanta v Juve
  A draw won't do Milan. They are on 76 points. A point gets them to 77 points. Juve get 78 points with a win.

Milan have to win.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2518 on: May 17, 2021, 06:59:58 pm »
I'm not saying it would be funny if everyone collaborated to fuck Juve over.

No, sorry, I am.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: May 18, 2021, 07:43:31 am »
I'm not saying it would be funny if everyone collaborated to fuck Juve over.

No, sorry, I am.
exactly, and i am pretty sure they will do just that.
chelsea-juve in europa league should be fun.