Author Topic: The Last of Us.... Part II  (Read 23534 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Last of Us.... Part II
« Reply #40 on: May 2, 2020, 02:14:29 am »
I'm not scrolling up because I don't want to be spoiled, but how have you come to that conclusion? Have people played it and said it's rubbish?

It's a narrative decision that shouldn't really affect the gameplay at all, so nobody can really say whether it's good or bad.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 2, 2020, 06:30:45 am »
The actual plot of The Last Of Us was as derivative as it gets, it was the atmosphere, characterisation and gameplay that made it so good. You can hang those three things on anything and it'd be worth playing. The plot being leaked doesn't really change anything.

Personally I think it'll be great, Naughty Dog are arguably the best development house plying their trade and this is from an Xbox fan.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 2, 2020, 07:31:41 am »
Apparently they've identified the person responsible, not an employee of Naughty Dog or Sony.

Likely he/she'll be blacklisted from the industry for life, should have expected it though.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 2, 2020, 01:44:48 pm »
Also had a big spoiler (if true) on Twitter, in a thread about Staffordshire Bullterriers of all things. I can’t believe why nerds have the need to spoil things for others.

Still, I agree with Mr. Lamarr here. The atmosphere and gameplay are way more important than story. I loved the sneaking mechanics and the hopelessness of the first game. Looking forward to this.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 2, 2020, 05:12:47 pm »
I think it'll easily be one of the best selling games on the PS4
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 2, 2020, 06:02:37 pm »
I think it'll easily be one of the best selling games on the PS4
Definitely. I'm going to pick up a PS4 just for this game. I completed The Last Of Us on a PS3 and I still remember every scene.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 2, 2020, 06:05:02 pm »
Also had a big spoiler (if true) on Twitter, in a thread about Staffordshire Bullterriers of all things. I can’t believe why nerds have the need to spoil things for others.

Still, I agree with Mr. Lamarr here. The atmosphere and gameplay are way more important than story. I loved the sneaking mechanics and the hopelessness of the first game. Looking forward to this.

I saw it first on a post on my shitty little mobile game's sub Reddit. People are being huge dicks.

I didn't like the first game and won't play this, but the furore is absolutely ridiculous. The only good thing is a lot of people are being exposed to just how unpleasant some gamers are.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 3, 2020, 05:19:55 am »
I haven't read the spoilers and don't want to either but I just can't wrap my mind around people getting triggered over narrative choices that at the moment have absolutely no context of gameplay around them.

If people play the game and are upset at the direction it's gone, then that's fine and they're entitled to their opinion. Otherwise just reserve judgement until you've played the game.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #48 on: May 5, 2020, 08:54:32 am »
I know the above is pretty widely known as it was in one of the trailers, but it’s still a bit spoilery.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #49 on: May 5, 2020, 11:12:07 am »
Started to lose a bit of interest in this project when almost the first thing I read about it was that Ellie was going down the bisexual route .. i mean ffs, does this franchise need political correctness/sexuality/gay pride woven into it? Annoys me personally, other wont give a flying fuck ofc :)

For the record I loved Life is Strange, strong gay characters made sense there.

A fictional character being bisexual has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness or gay pride. It might surprise you to learn that some people happen to be LGBTQ without the need to justify it to you in the context of it “making sense.”

Unbelievable to see this tosh in this day and age. If Ellie fell in love with someone of a different ethnicity would you be saying it was political correctness and unnecessary? No, I didn’t think so.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2020, 11:17:44 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2020, 01:00:52 pm »
I've read and watched the spoilers. The gameplay will more than likely be really good but the storyline just isn't for me.

I think the game itself looks miserable though and the colours are completely grey.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 5, 2020, 04:54:17 pm »
A fictional character being bisexual has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness or gay pride. It might surprise you to learn that some people happen to be LGBTQ without the need to justify it to you in the context of it “making sense.”

Unbelievable to see this tosh in this day and age. If Ellie fell in love with someone of a different ethnicity would you be saying it was political correctness and unnecessary? No, I didn’t think so.

Yeah I knew someone would take offence, ho hum. To be clear I didnt want sexuality to be brought into the mix at all, straight gay or otherwise .. just didnt want that in this particular title. First game had nothing like it.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2020, 05:28:02 pm »
Yeah I knew someone would take offence, ho hum. To be clear I didnt want sexuality to be brought into the mix at all, straight gay or otherwise .. just didnt want that in this particular title. First game had nothing like it.

I’m not taking offence personally, I just think it’s bizarre to be offended by the sexuality of a fictional character in a zombie video game. Particularly one that hasn’t even come out yet.

If that’s your point you should probably articulate it better in fairness because that’s not how it comes across at all. “I don’t think character X should be in a relationship with anybody as it detracts from the story and isn’t really relevant to the game I want.” Not “I don’t think character X should be in a relationship with this particular person for the sake of political correctness” when there’s no suggestion that’s the case.

I’m not the “woke police”, but I find it bizarre that anyone cares about this stuff. Best not to jump to the conclusion that if a character is LGBTQ it’s in order to make some kind of point, rather than just being a narrative choice.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2020, 05:39:28 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #53 on: May 5, 2020, 06:37:59 pm »

It's always been in the Last of Us games though. After sharing a kiss Ellie's girlfriend dies in the DLC that was released February 2014.

Also in the original game Bill is gay, Ellie even reads his gay magazine in the car ;D
:D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 5, 2020, 09:06:58 pm »
It's always been in the Last of Us games though. After sharing a kiss Ellie's girlfriend dies in the DLC that was released February 2014.

Also in the original game Bill is gay, Ellie even reads his gay magazine in the car ;D

Was it a gay car too?  Like...I dunno, a Prius or something?  Because that sort of car has no place in video games.  None!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 5, 2020, 09:29:06 pm »
The giraffes were definitely gay. They’re the ones from Gladiator.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 7, 2020, 03:25:22 am »
The giraffes were definitely gay. They’re the ones from Gladiator.
Haha

That's such an old throwback that it's brilliant.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 7, 2020, 03:38:55 am »
I’m not taking offence personally, I just think it’s bizarre to be offended by the sexuality of a fictional character in a zombie video game. Particularly one that hasn’t even come out yet.

If that’s your point you should probably articulate it better in fairness because that’s not how it comes across at all. “I don’t think character X should be in a relationship with anybody as it detracts from the story and isn’t really relevant to the game I want.” Not “I don’t think character X should be in a relationship with this particular person for the sake of political correctness” when there’s no suggestion that’s the case.

I’m not the “woke police”, but I find it bizarre that anyone cares about this stuff. Best not to jump to the conclusion that if a character is LGBTQ it’s in order to make some kind of point, rather than just being a narrative choice.
Yeah, I was wondering if the usual Youtube planks would be in a kerfuffle over their video games having gay people in them, and sure enough, yeah. Yeah, they are. Even in a time like this, these c*nts still beat the same tired drum. It's fucking sad.

Here ya go. Have a listen to this cock. His channel exploded due to Game of Thrones being shite in the last series, and unfortunately hasn't fucked off since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6f6mmuh_04&t=503s
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 03:41:46 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 9, 2020, 08:38:31 am »
Yeah, I was wondering if the usual Youtube planks would be in a kerfuffle over their video games having gay people in them, and sure enough, yeah. Yeah, they are. Even in a time like this, these c*nts still beat the same tired drum. It's fucking sad.

Here ya go. Have a listen to this cock. His channel exploded due to Game of Thrones being shite in the last series, and unfortunately hasn't fucked off since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6f6mmuh_04&t=503s
I don’t get it. The Youtube and Twitter nerds are out in full force slaughtering this game before it’s been released. It must be tiring to care that much about a video game. I loved the first one and will buy the second one. I hope it’s good but if it’s not, I’ll play something else or read a book. Maybe I’ll even consider getting some fresh air.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #59 on: May 9, 2020, 02:23:00 pm »
If you're reading this thread you know as much as I do so calm down honey.

Deleted it anyway if you want to scrub the quote.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 02:36:21 pm by BER »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2020, 05:55:19 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eML5icfq5VM&feature=emb_title

20 odd minutes of gameplay. Sound in this game is simply sensational.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2020, 08:23:50 am »
Reviews are out.

This is literally gonna crash and burn never seen such a hyped game fall from grace so quick.

This aged well.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2020, 08:48:37 am »
Yep it’s getting lauded. Currently 95 on Metacritic.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2020, 09:24:53 am »
Not surprised it's getting such high praise. People see a few leaks and suddenly start complaining, why do people have to always find negatives in everything? The first Last of Us is one of the greatest games I've ever played, Part II was always gonna be of the same quality. People really love to nitpick. Maybe I'm just easier to please.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2020, 09:35:15 am »
I’m predominantly Xbox, but The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, I bought a PS4 just for the sequel. It was always going to be fantastic.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2020, 09:38:14 am »
Reviews are out.

This aged well.

Aged like fine milk :lmao

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2020, 10:21:27 am »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2020, 10:53:41 am »
Oh dear. Gamers (TM) aren't going to take this well.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2020, 12:16:48 pm »
Oh dear. Gamers (TM) aren't going to take this well.
The magazine that finished publication in 2018?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
The Last of Us.... Part II
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2020, 01:21:58 pm »
Can’t wait, looks immense.

Edit - It’d be good if everyone used spoiler tags in here. I’ve managed to avoid knowing anything about the story really and would like to keep it that way.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 02:11:18 pm by S »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2020, 02:15:55 pm »
Argh, I'm going to have to buy this!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2020, 02:45:02 pm »
Looks to be a 25 hour long misery fest so might have to plan out playing that.

Sounds a bit too exhausting at the minute.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2020, 03:12:26 pm »
I've seen a handful of reviews moaning about it being too violent. It's a video game!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2020, 03:26:11 pm »
I've seen a handful of reviews moaning about it being too violent. It's a video game!
I would normally react the same but the last trailer had Elllie burn a dog with realistic whining and that definitely bothered me  :o

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2020, 01:46:01 am »
Every single review I’ve read of this today has made me not want to touch this game with a barge pole, and I loved TLoU. “It was the most miserable gaming experience of my life and left me in a deep depression, 5 stars!”

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2020, 01:57:21 am »
Every single review I’ve read of this today has made me not want to touch this game with a barge pole, and I loved TLoU. “It was the most miserable gaming experience of my life and left me in a deep depression, 5 stars!”

Yep, I won't be swerving it but it might not be something I dive right into... it's like when you try to find the right mood for a particular film. It's 10 hours longer than TLOU too, feels like a huge commitment.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2020, 09:25:25 am »
The first one wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs was it?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2020, 10:43:43 am »
The first one wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs was it?

Nope but it
Spoiler
didn’t force you to kill a dog and then give you a flashback of when you were playing with said cuddly dog.
[close]

That alone makes it a hard pass for me to be honest, call me over-sensitive.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2020, 11:44:02 am »
Different strokes for different folks.  :)

I'm not into hyper violence but I can see how it makes sense given the setting of the game.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2020, 01:48:44 pm »
Seems like this is going to be the videogame equivalent of Requiem for a Dream