Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320402 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #4600 on: March 5, 2021, 06:07:21 pm »
How about this? Your fantasy dinner party. Eight people, living or dead, including:

1 Actor
1 Musician/singer
1 Politician/statesperson
1 Writer
1 Artist
1 Sportsperson (no Liverpool players/managers)

(Optional: 1 fictional character)

Yes! In for this one  :)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4601 on: March 5, 2021, 10:26:23 pm »
in
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4602 on: March 7, 2021, 03:39:10 pm »
Fuckers

;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4603 on: March 7, 2021, 04:44:11 pm »
So I imagine we'll be drafting until the season ends? :D

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4604 on: March 7, 2021, 06:52:08 pm »
How about this? Your fantasy dinner party. Eight people, living or dead, including:

1 Actor
1 Musician/singer
1 Politician/statesperson
1 Writer
1 Artist
1 Sportsperson (no Liverpool players/managers)

(Optional: 1 fictional character)

Count me in

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4605 on: March 7, 2021, 06:59:10 pm »
Would you ever want to meet your heroes? There's loads of musicians/artists/writers I love, but I imagine that meeting them in real life would be a massive disappointment - I'd much rather take their output and that be the end of it.

I realise this is all hypothetical though :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4606 on: March 8, 2021, 04:17:12 am »
Would you ever want to meet your heroes? There's loads of musicians/artists/writers I love, but I imagine that meeting them in real life would be a massive disappointment - I'd much rather take their output and that be the end of it.

I don't man....  I already have my top picks in each of these categories and questions I would ask them all.

Breaking bread with people you have spent time reading, thinking about, or researching could be even better than you thought; as you then have an opportunity to influence as well as be influenced...

3 of my top picks would get along so well, that it would be an honor just to be in the same room to listen.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4607 on: March 8, 2021, 12:02:45 pm »

I can tell you from meeting Damien Rice (one of my heroes growing up) that I just forgot how to engage with other people in a normal way  ;D

I'm in for this one though.

Can they be dead?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4608 on: March 8, 2021, 12:09:44 pm »
I can tell you from meeting Damien Rice (one of my heroes growing up) that I just forgot how to engage with other people in a normal way  ;D

Can they be dead?

Can one of your eight living or dead people be dead?

Yes.

I'll fill the numbers if needed but not arsed either way
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4609 on: March 8, 2021, 12:12:19 pm »
I'll set this up once the UEFA draft is finished.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4610 on: March 8, 2021, 07:25:19 pm »
I don't man....  I already have my top picks in each of these categories and questions I would ask them all.

Breaking bread with people you have spent time reading, thinking about, or researching could be even better than you thought; as you then have an opportunity to influence as well as be influenced...

3 of my top picks would get along so well, that it would be an honor just to be in the same room to listen.

I do see where you're coming from but I don't know, I just like to separate individuals from their art, it gives it more mysticism :)

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4611 on: March 8, 2021, 07:27:48 pm »

Can they be dead?

Was he alright then?

I remember when O came out I quite liked it. Lisa Hannigan's great as well, she's ace.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4612 on: March 8, 2021, 07:28:19 pm »
I do see where you're coming from but I don't know, I just like to separate individuals from their art, it gives it more mysticism :)

I see your point as well.  But if I were to tell you who my guys were --- and to get them all in one room, based upon what I know about them -- not sure I would be disappointed.

But then again, you have a deep imagination --- maybe something I should think harder about mate :)

Cheers
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4613 on: March 8, 2021, 08:03:35 pm »
Was he alright then?

I remember when O came out I quite liked it. Lisa Hannigan's great as well, she's ace.
This was a few years after O, I was about 13 so probably explained my awkwardness. He was really nice to be fair to him. I just felt like it was an opportunity to ask something interesting about his music but all I could really blurt out was how much I loved The Blower’s Daughter.

Signed my album and gave us some free merch though. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4614 on: March 8, 2021, 10:23:52 pm »
This was a few years after O, I was about 13 so probably explained my awkwardness. He was really nice to be fair to him. I just felt like it was an opportunity to ask something interesting about his music but all I could really blurt out was how much I loved The Blower’s Daughter.

Sound. You've actually got me listening to Damien Rice again. Well, Woman Like a Man specifically, feel like having a good swear :P

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4615 on: March 8, 2021, 10:33:39 pm »

Can they be dead?
Same, mate. O, get right inside my head, mate. In a good way.....I think!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4616 on: March 9, 2021, 09:37:36 am »
For the sake of Andy Muller, shall we start this soon? Get a thread going maybe
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4617 on: March 9, 2021, 09:54:39 am »
For the sake of Andy Muller, shall we start this soon? Get a thread going maybe

;D

Yes please. I need to put the Lyon and Manchester nightmare behind me.

I do still stand by Ashley Grimes and two wingers playing in a diamond midfield, though  ;)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4618 on: March 17, 2021, 05:52:59 pm »
An idea for a future draft I may run [or may need someone else to run] in the coming weeks.

Total Football Dutch Appreciation Draft.

Rules are simple, select only Dutch players bar 1 exception, which would be 1 foreign player who has played in Holland per team.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4619 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:57 pm »
An idea for a future draft I may run [or may need someone else to run] in the coming weeks.

Total Football Dutch Appreciation Draft.

Rules are simple, select only Dutch players bar 1 exception, which would be 1 foreign player who has played in Holland per team.

Good to see you post mate!  In....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4620 on: March 17, 2021, 06:08:37 pm »
Guess my idea is gone then ;D
Y.N.W.A.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4621 on: March 17, 2021, 06:12:35 pm »
Guess my idea is gone then ;D

Liked your idea too mate - we just needed a breather from my Battaan death march of a draft
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4622 on: March 17, 2021, 07:42:27 pm »

Could you not take your eyes off him?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4623 on: March 29, 2021, 01:31:03 pm »
So...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4624 on: March 29, 2021, 01:41:53 pm »
So I imagine we'll be drafting until the season ends? :D

So anyone interested

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4625 on: March 29, 2021, 02:18:32 pm »
All Dutch draft interesting as long as no era stipulations etc.

Still like the Steve Bull draft idea or whatever we were going to call the lower league draft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4626 on: March 29, 2021, 02:47:27 pm »
None football draft's I say.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4627 on: March 29, 2021, 02:51:38 pm »
All Dutch draft interesting as long as no era stipulations etc.

Still like the Steve Bull draft idea or whatever we were going to call the lower league draft.

No era stipulations.  :)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4628 on: March 29, 2021, 03:23:55 pm »
None football draft's I say.
I'd agree but I need respite, You weren't just subject to seeing a table containing Joan Rivers defeating your table of gregarious progressive all-stars  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4629 on: March 29, 2021, 04:19:42 pm »
Enjoy the day lads.... breath it in my dears!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NXMyfyZUzKk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NXMyfyZUzKk</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4630 on: March 29, 2021, 04:21:35 pm »
Thank's Trend, that's sorted me and I'm good to go now.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4631 on: April 10, 2021, 08:46:52 pm »
None footie draft, what is up?

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4632 on: April 10, 2021, 08:58:20 pm »
None footie draft, what is up?

What about T20 Cricket Draft. There is a world cup coming up soon and I don't think RAWK has done a T20 draft.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4633 on: April 10, 2021, 09:58:57 pm »
What about T20 Cricket Draft. There is a world cup coming up soon and I don't think RAWK has done a T20 draft.

Rounders?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4634 on: April 10, 2021, 10:05:16 pm »
Cricket...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4635 on: April 10, 2021, 10:23:35 pm »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4636 on: April 10, 2021, 10:51:59 pm »

Cricket, i've heard of that thingy.
Y.N.W.A.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4637 on: April 11, 2021, 02:02:58 am »
Why not have a royal family draft + cricket (draft a criketer and royal) - the two worst institutions in English culture...

Ok... I had pulled the pin, now I wait to see who explodes.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4638 on: April 11, 2021, 05:53:50 am »
I mean we could push the T20 draft till the fall when then world cup is near.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #4639 on: April 11, 2021, 12:08:55 pm »
I'll do the Cricket one but tell me how many players i need and what type/Positions i have to have, be interesting to see what i come up with.

Google will be my master but an interesting experiement all the same.
Y.N.W.A.